Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Uh, that's not exactly explaining it to me....I'm perhaps a bit dense this morning.

Certainly my bowl has a screen in it, but what is this showing....a smaller screen below the regular screen?

And this keeps blowback air out of the bowl?

Or is this a screen on the bottom, put in a load, and then put a screen on top?

I have managed blow back by leaving the heater on and just removing the SC to clear the hit. If I take the heater off, I get enough blow back to send AVB flying. This is a 65 mm stemless can type glass piece.

I'm guessing that perhaps a recycler type where the water settles to the bottom more slowly might also help...perhaps...maybe??/

Thanks

Apologies, I should have added words too :) I spent a while hunting the photo down and got blindsided posting that rather than words :D

Its the underside of the FP head, in this case the SH, so theres a screen above the bowl, stopping anything from blowing back up. I completely forget its there as it makes no difference to use but completely eliminates blow back (here anyway). Just stop inhaling before you take the head off, and no blow back ever again.

EDIT: Wow, you folks are quick! Awesome work :)

Baron23

Well its the perception of sticking tbh, as oft reported it's super rare that it sticks if you let it chill for a second. When in group settings, we realize this won't do! If you have friends waiting to experience the FP, its important that you can rip and instantly reload. Once you fit it to your setup, when you remove the AdjustaBowl it comes out as one piece, not two.

Thank you very much.

But, and not to be too argumentative.....sticking is not super rare in my household, matter of fact is common as dirt here. My 18 mm male sticks every time. I absolutely will not use it without a drop down and I empty it by picking up the entire drop down, including the bowl and rubbing on the debowler.....without worry that the bowl will fall out of the drop down...ever.

Its definitely thermal expansion as if I give it time to completely cool off, the bowl comes free easily.

I do plan to buy one of the new adjustabowls however...actually, one with both 18 and 14 extensions.

Thanks again for the reply

dadan

It is a screen inside the shower head :brow:

Yes, this prevents blowback - what herb particle is going to blow back through this screen?

A: none

Apologies, I should have added words too :) I spent a while hunting the photo down and got blindsided posting that rather than words :D

Its the underside of the FP head, in this case the SH, so theres a screen above the bowl, stopping anything from blowing back up. I completely forget its there as it makes no difference to use but completely eliminates blow back (here anyway). Just stop inhaling before you take the head off, and no blow back ever again.

EDIT: Wow, you folks are quick! Awesome work :)

So I added a screen too but it was less simple of what i expect. FP bowl's screen it doesn't perfectly fit, you have to unmount coil, nut and SH and apply the screen before retighten. The brass screen is easier to adapt, the SS will not bend so easily

DrRishi

I am sorry if this already been answered, I was trying to catch up on the thread and I ended wading through pages of complaints so I skipped a few pages because I don't come here to listen to someone whine.

Has anyone recieved their Ti Screens from Errletric in Canada?

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
So I added a screen too but it was less simple of what i expect. FP bowl's screen it doesn't perfectly fit, you have to unmount coil, nut and SH and apply the screen before retighten. The brass screen is easier to adapt, the SS will not bend so easily

I used the brass screen and just shoved it in there, didnt take anything apart. I got lucky as the brass was the only screen I had.

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
Baron23,
Same here. Thermal expansion sticking... with up to 2 minute cooldown time before it releases. This is NOT something you can just easily "wiggle loose" as some have implied.

... edit: @Chicken #420 it doesn't say anything about both sized joints coming with the bowl, can @NewVape420 clarify this? Also does this bowl have the adjustable screen positions or no? I can't tell if that was kept or dropped.

I do not yet know... I am off to NewVape's site right now to order another male 2-Piece bowl, and see if the stems come as a pair or are sold seperately.

EDIT: Just returned from NV's site. Bowl can be ordered stemless, or with either of the 2 sized stems. The stems are also sold seperately... so you can pretty much mix/match to get what you want.

Last edited:

dadan

I am sorry if this already been answered, I was trying to catch up on the thread and I ended wading through pages of complaints so I skipped a few pages because I don't come here to listen to someone whine.

Has anyone recieved their Ti Screens from Errletric in Canada?

Just someone in canada i suppose, screens are actually out of stock, errletric canada will start ship again in a week or two, if i correctly remember...

Baron23

Thanks guys, for the responses.

Wrt to screen in the heater head, this is not what I meant by preventing blow back. Heck, I don't need a screen in there if I leave the heater head on the bowl when I stop drawing....oh, there will be a few specs of herb in the dab channel, maybe, but that's not what I was looking for (but thanks anyway).

What I was interested in is how to lift the entire head off of the bowl while drawing, for best clearance of the water piece, then stopping the draw. When I do this, I get a bit of an herb explosion.

So, uncapping but leaving the head on the bowl when finishing a draw works ok, but its not the best clearance of the last draw and I'm still pumping heat into the load.

Not a big deal, but I thought perhaps somebody broke the code on a new tech to use for this.

Thanks again for the replies.

P.S. - personally, I agree with @Danksta. Most folks expect some configuration stability in products that have been declared GA. Sorry, but this is true in a wide variety of industries. Just my experience from having my ass kicked by my customers for release churn. The trick is to get it right before declaring GA.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
...And then I thought to myself "Hey, if I'm perma-capped, why not just dab thru the hole in the SC for my conduction dabs?"

Same crumbled sticky flower covered in dab, with another dab added to the convection load, conduction dab up top. Dab thru the Showercaps pee pee hole. 620f :)

@Baron23 Gotcha, no worries. I was getting blow back up thru the showerhead and coming out the top of the whole kit with a fine grind, hence my personal solution :)

Another solution I've found tho that might be purely D020 based (the only glass I have) is one of those obvious and patronising ones but worth it just in case... I put slightly less water in the d020 so that the whole perc isnt quite covered, maybe by just a millimetre, and this has stopped the water 'coming back up to level' (if that makes sense) at the end of a draw. That in turn has also eliminated all blowback at the end of a draw with a completely open bowl (just checked to make sure). Its made no perceptable difference in percolation or hits with the D020.

I'm pretty sure thats going to be entirely perc/glass dependant but its worked completely in the D020, FWIW, YMMV etc etc

Alexis

I used the brass screen and just shoved it in there, didnt take anything apart. I got lucky as the brass was the only screen I had.
A trusted Canadian member called them this week and was told they are expecting stock next week I think and will then begin shipping all worldwide orders.

I think that is correct anyway, I am living in the most blurry foggy haze at present, but I know last time I checked I was feeling quite happy that I WILL be getting my Ti double weave for 10 CAD!:rockon:

dadan

...And then I thought to myself "Hey, if I'm perma-capped, why not just dab thru the hole in the SC for my conduction dabs?"

Same crumbled sticky flower covered in dab, with another dab added to the convection load, conduction dab up top. Dab thru the Showercaps pee pee hole. 620f :)

hahaha clem 'bloody' fandango...i think i am the only italian fan...
i'm a fan of ray bloody purchase too...

Justpassedu

Hello, good people!

I have been close-mouthed so far with respect to the new 2-Piece male bowls that NewVape has released. There is a good reason for that.

A little over a week ago, Edwyn contacted me and asked if I would be willing to beta test one of the new bowl prototypes under development... because of the large number of glass rigs I own and my mechanical background. He asked that I not reveal anything about the bowl to this forum until he released the product, to not "let the cat out of the bag" so to speak. I agreed, beta test bowl was ordered, and the testing was underway! :)

I have been putting the new 2-Piece prototype through its paces diligently since Monday. I have reported all my various findings to Edwyn for bowl improvement and fine-tuning, and this morning I received permission from Edwyn to post openly about my experiences with the new bowl.

This is what I have to report:

1 - The new 2-Piece bowl is designed to be a single locked unit that, once adjusted, is moved as a single piece to and from the pipe connection. This is the preferred user "mode", and it works very, very well at stopping the sticking that I and others have talked about in this thread. Because the base of the bowl is "snugged" up to the glass connection "lip" then tightened, the stem of the bowl cannot get "wedged" deeper into the glass joint by heat expansion, weight of FlowerPot handle, etc. The most I've been able to achieve in the way of deliberate sticking that siezes the joint has been maybe 2 or 3 seconds... the multiple minute cooldown wait time is now a thing of the past!

2 - The new bowl can be used in a second (unintended by the original design) "removeable bowl" mode. Twisting the handle, the top of the bowl can be removed for quick debowl and reload... leaving the stem of the bowl in the pipe the whole time. This has been my own personal "preferred mode" of use, though I have given the primary (single-piece) mode the bulk of my test time.

3 - The new bowl works with both 14mm and 18mm pipe connection "stems"... so only one bowl needs to be bought to cover both sizes. I do not know yet if both sizes of stems will come with the bowl, or if NewVape will be selling them seperately.

4 - The new bowl is exquisitely machined, like all of NewVapes products, and simply REEKS of quality and purpose-built style. It looks good, feels good, and has a magnificent balance and weight to it.

5 - There are several minor design issues involving the handle, the stems, and the question of further weight reduction... which were initially discussed then implemented or abandoned. The final version for sale should have all discussed improvements and flaws corrected.

6 - This bowl works GREAT on every pipe, ash catcher, and J-Hook that I tried it on, repeatedly and consistently, for several days in a row.

7 - The new male bowls have a single screen "ledge" - this is NOT the multiple-screen-shelf "Party Bowl" or "Adjustable Size Bowl" that many of you have been waiting for.

8 - I want another one with the final production changes! :). Off to order now.

Hope this all helped some... please feel free to ask if you have any questions! ;)
Thanks Chicken for the testing and comments. Sounds like it will make a really nice addition to the Fp. I hope to add one to the collection myself shortly.

buddingglasshead

Hello, good people!

I have been close-mouthed so far with respect to the new 2-Piece male bowls that NewVape has released. There is a good reason for that.

A little over a week ago, Edwyn contacted me and asked if I would be willing to beta test one of the new bowl prototypes under development... because of the large number of glass rigs I own and my mechanical background. He asked that I not reveal anything about the bowl to this forum until he released the product, to not "let the cat out of the bag" so to speak. I agreed, beta test bowl was ordered, and the testing was underway! :)

I have been putting the new 2-Piece prototype through its paces diligently since Monday. I have reported all my various findings to Edwyn for bowl improvement and fine-tuning, and this morning I received permission from Edwyn to post openly about my experiences with the new bowl.

This is what I have to report:

1 - The new 2-Piece bowl is designed to be a single locked unit that, once adjusted, is moved as a single piece to and from the pipe connection. This is the preferred user "mode", and it works very, very well at stopping the sticking that I and others have talked about in this thread. Because the base of the bowl is "snugged" up to the glass connection "lip" then tightened, the stem of the bowl cannot get "wedged" deeper into the glass joint by heat expansion, weight of FlowerPot handle, etc. The most I've been able to achieve in the way of deliberate sticking that siezes the joint has been maybe 2 or 3 seconds... the multiple minute cooldown wait time is now a thing of the past!

2 - The new bowl can be used in a second (unintended by the original design) "removeable bowl" mode. Twisting the handle, the top of the bowl can be removed for quick debowl and reload... leaving the stem of the bowl in the pipe the whole time. This has been my own personal "preferred mode" of use, though I have given the primary (single-piece) mode the bulk of my test time.

3 - The new bowl works with both 14mm and 18mm pipe connection "stems"... so only one bowl needs to be bought to cover both sizes. I do not know yet if both sizes of stems will come with the bowl, or if NewVape will be selling them seperately.

4 - The new bowl is exquisitely machined, like all of NewVapes products, and simply REEKS of quality and purpose-built style. It looks good, feels good, and has a magnificent balance and weight to it.

5 - There are several minor design issues involving the handle, the stems, and the question of further weight reduction... which were initially discussed then implemented or abandoned. The final version for sale should have all discussed improvements and flaws corrected.

6 - This bowl works GREAT on every pipe, ash catcher, and J-Hook that I tried it on, repeatedly and consistently, for several days in a row.

7 - The new male bowls have a single screen "ledge" - this is NOT the multiple-screen-shelf "Party Bowl" or "Adjustable Size Bowl" that many of you have been waiting for.

8 - I want another one with the final production changes! :). Off to order now.

Hope this all helped some... please feel free to ask if you have any questions! ;)

Thanks so much. Since I don't have any real sticking issues I'll stick with my current setup even though I really like the design and the ability to remove it between 14mm and 18mm pieces easily. Should also help wear and tear with glass since you'll just be removing the top portion instead of the entire piece (even if that is the intended design)

Party bowl.. I NEED IT single titanium filter up top with double weave in the bottom for what I would consider a fairly cost effective set up (in comparison to two double weaves) and should keep the amount of fine particles going through to glass at a minimum. I think it would work well two double weaves but I feel like they are probably also a bit more maintenance to keep clean. I already know that the titanium single weave is stupid easy to keep clean with a dry hit or two to get the bowl warm but not hot, and q-tipping out all the residuals.

One note though, they already have the 14mm and 18mm bottom parts as well as the bowl available.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I wonder how much actives are actually in the vapor after the first hit, versus vaporized plant matter?

Just an observation from vaping whole buds @ 655... after the first draw you can see most of the resin is gone, just a bunch of capitate stalks on some naked nugs. I can keep puffing on it and make it darker, but I wonder how much THC is in those later puffs, versus just the delayed onset which comes from vaporizing?

Alexis

I wonder how much actives are actually in the vapor after the first hit, versus vaporized plant matter?

Just an observation from vaping whole buds @ 655... after the first draw you can see most of the resin is gone, just a bunch of capitate stalks on some naked nugs. I can keep puffing on it and make it darker, but I wonder how much THC is in those later puffs, versus just the delayed onset which comes from vaporizing?
I cant comment on the FP yet, but although I hear what you are saying, I feel there are certainly actives right down to the last whisp, except am increasingly lower proportion versus plant matter.

This is where cooking ABV comes in nicely so you can justify not going past a certain point, also it gives you a "rewards scheme" for caching your ABV early- more kick to edibles.

I know that vaping 70% pretty brown ABV when straight will produce an effect, just more bodily compounds and little to no THC.

Im still amazed at @NewVape710 's video showing a 0.05 hit at 705°(?) F, quite a good temp. And the way the vapor COMPLETELY dropped off suddenly, the herb was green as- like zero plant matter vaped.

Sorry for my apparent sheepishness and secrecy folks- have just been too tired. Medicine finished first day I relaxed today for 4 whole weeks. Resting up now, but...

Flowerpot delivery due on Monday, customs paid!:clap: Hopefully will have the controller by next week too, no hurry but can't wait either!

For now, Auto Colorado Cookies in Herborizer XL, Durban was amazing earlier.
Cured weed= amazing difference really surprises me this time each year.:tup:

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
What the Shower Head taught me today.

I learned whole nugs are the most tasty. I am shocked at how volatile the terps inside the trichome glands are and how rapidly the flavors evaporate. I have noticed that a fine grind destroys a great deal of flavors almost instantly. To preserve flavor I have been scissor cutting nugs and once again I learned how volatile and delicate the trichomes are. As you cut a nug down the more you cut and the finer you make it will be a progressive loss of flavor with the fineness of the cut/grind. I had no idea how dramatic the loss of flavor is, but now I know better.

:2c:

I have found this true also and prefer big chunks or even hand torn material in any vape with the punch to properly extract it.

Grinded material is "easier" to use in most vapes, but as a flavor chaser there is no comparison to unground material.

I also would like to thank @stickstones for showing me the light!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I cant comment on the FP yet, but although I hear what you are saying, I feel there are certainly actives right down to the last whisp, except am increasingly lower proportion versus plant matter.

This is where cooking ABV comes in nicely so you can justify not going past a certain point, also it gives you a "rewards scheme" for caching your ABV early- more kick to edibles.

I know that vaping 70% pretty brown ABV when straight will produce an effect, just more bodily compounds and little to no THC.

Im still amazed at @NewVape710 's video showing a 0.05 hit at 705°(?) F, quite a good temp. And the way the vapor COMPLETELY dropped off suddenly, the herb was green as- like zero plant matter vaped.

Sorry for my apparent sheepishness and secrecy folks- have just been too tired. Medicine finished first day I relaxed today for 4 whole weeks. Resting up now, but...

Flowerpot delivery due on Monday, customs paid!:clap: Hopefully will have the controller by next week too, no hurry but can't wait either!

For now, Auto Colorado Cookies in Herborizer XL, Durban was amazing earlier.
Cured weed= amazing difference really surprises me this time each year.:tup:

THCV?

THCV-vs-THC-3.png

Danksta

We need a 30mm (barrel coil not flat) Showerhead. Plain and simple. It just makes sense.

A larger bowl with the current SH will just be a bigger bowl for the sake of being a big bowl. You will lose some flavor as the bowl goes. A 30mm would have bigger coverage and a party bowl could be wider and not just deeper (if that is the goal).

We would get terpier hits too guys.

@NewVape710 build it and I will gladly buy that. I don't see it as an upgrade ;-), just a larger size I want. Kinda like owning both Ligers. They both serve me purpose.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
We need a 30mm (barrel coil not flat) Showerhead. Plain and simple. It just makes sense.

A larger bowl with the current SH will just be a bigger bowl for the sake of being a big bowl. You will lose some flavor as the bowl goes. A 30mm would have bigger coverage and a party bowl could be wider and not just deeper (if that is the goal).

We would get terpier hits too guys.

@NewVape710 build it and I will gladly buy that. I don't see it as an upgrade ;-), just a larger size I want. Kinda like owning both Ligers. They both serve me purpose.

But... if we have a bigger bowl, I will just fill it! This is madness I tell you! MADNESS! :)

EDIT: Just noticed the taste difference between a dish dab and a convection dab.

Was mid convection dab, and put a blob thru the Showercaps carb hole. I could taste it the instant it started producing more vapour. Def not as tasty as what was already in the can from the convection dab.

Top Bottom