Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Danksta

Why not just buy a female FP like @Chicken #420 recommends, get an adapter and voila problem solved, use all the expensive glass you want =)

Using adapters defeats the purpose of using heady glass IMO. The only ones I like are the low profiles.

So the glass bowl is really appealing to me the more I think it over. Even if we don't get a good view of the action I will still be interested in it.

Likes2vape

I'm about to purchase an e-nail off Dhgate.

Is this still the one to go for?
https://www.dhgate.com/product/240v-uk-version-electric-dab-nail-without/403371731.html

I'm concerned with the finnickiness of those style of controls on the front, but maybe it's fine in person?

I've also been considering this one, cause I like the remote.
Anyone have any experience with it?
https://www.dhgate.com/product/new-...r-dry/380536937.html#s1-0-1b;searl|0542730220

@Likes2vape Are you still happy with your Menovo controller?
Do you happen to know if this coil/cable would work with the Menovo controller? If you scroll down it shows two pin configurations - I'm not sure which one matches the Menovo.
https://www.dhgate.com/product/high-quality-e-nail-coil-heater-16mm-20mm/396887034.html#ctabBox
Yep still super happy with the Menovo controller. You will need the type A coil on that link. Thermo couple pins 1&2, ground pin 3, power pins 3&4 like the high5 controllers.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Using adapters defeats the purpose of using heady glass IMO. The only ones I like are the low profiles.

So the glass bowl is really appealing to me the more I think it over. Even if we don't get a good view of the action I will still be interested in it.

I hear you, I'm just not one of those guys willing to part with a 4 figure heady piece at the cost of a $10 adapter. Not that I would be able to afford a 4 figure piece, just sayin'! I too want one of those glass FP's, BAD! NV, again, thank you for being so mindful of what we are doing here on FC!

dadan

I'm about to purchase an e-nail off Dhgate.
Is this still the one to go for?
https://www.dhgate.com/product/240v-uk-version-electric-dab-nail-without/403371731.html

I'm concerned with the finnickiness of those style of controls on the front, but maybe it's fine in person?

I've also been considering this one, cause I like the remote.
Anyone have any experience with it?
https://www.dhgate.com/product/new-...r-dry/380536937.html#s1-0-1b;searl|0542730220

@Likes2vape Are you still happy with your Menovo controller?
Do you happen to know if this coil/cable would work with the Menovo controller? If you scroll down it shows two pin configurations - I'm not sure which one matches the Menovo.
https://www.dhgate.com/product/high-quality-e-nail-coil-heater-16mm-20mm/396887034.html#ctabBox

Yes the first link you posted is the controller that is approved by NewVape! Unit and buttons are better 'live' than in photo...and dhl shipment is soooo fast ...and without import taxes! :o

I considered that menovo unit with remote too but i finally choose the first one due to the certain right coil included...

dadan

buSfCb

Unfortunately, not for everyone :( I had a £28 DHL fee to pay

woo...i was sure to have to pay too, never received a dhl' shipment without paying import taxes before...except this time...i suppose because of seller's custom declaration about 'printed, documents, samples free trade, exemption'

dhl_coil.jpg

dontmindme

http://www.protempvaporizer.com/product/fully-encased-heater-coil

Here's a 5 wrap coil I think in an XLR connection. Most i've found are four or so... and I want to get the same experience as NewVape's starter kit, but with a Auber (want to easily ramp up temps, and auto shutoff).

I don't know if the coil fits like NewVapes, as i've read some thirdparty coils aren't the same fit.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I'm gonna be bummed I didn't grab this gear for the upgrade price while I had a chance, but buying everything so recently I guess I just feel less compelled as my 14mm bowl doesn't stick for me, always comes out with a micro wiggle (used everything from China glass to $$$$ heady recyclers) and I never use my carb cap for flower; I barely dab at home anymore which is great because concentrates will become a lot more effective if I reserve them for on the go. I did my first dabs in a while 2 days ago (off a buddies brand new quartz banger) and I could see why a smoker would like them, but with the FP the differences were seriously negligible. Like I get combustors aren't used to any flavor, so naturally they are attracted to dabs, but the showerhead flavor at a range of temps hits so hard and tastes so good I'm just content.

Even after this stoned out rant I still might email NewVape and see if they hook me up on that Ti cap price. :rofl::shrug: I was waiting for the Ti screens to come in for a bigger order, you know watching my greenhouse gas emissions and shit :leaf:

Hope y'all are having a good morning. More organically grown farm to table Super Lemon Haze popcorn shrimp for breakfast this morning. One of my favorite strains, lucky enough to puff on it damn near all year long :p

Edit: My old school joint smoker friends and family have sworn for years that grinders ruin weed. I always told them to buzz off but could be because my vapes were just underpowered and needed that surface area boost. FP ain't underpowered!

Also American glass is borosilicate aka lab glass, so it shouldn't have a problem with the Flowerpot, although I understand some of the really cool colors are finicky and delicate, I'd use a drop down for any rigs like such.

Last edited:

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
buSfCb

woo...i was sure to have to pay too, never received a dhl' shipment without paying import taxes before...except this time...i suppose because of seller's custom declaration about 'printed, documents, samples free trade, exemption'
dhl_coil.jpg
On mine, the reason for export was listed "as sample for testing", but it also had the full value listed on the invoice attached to the box :shrug:
I had to pay before they would deliver :rolleyes:

Danksta

Is there an upgrade deal for the bowl yet? The FP is great but I really think the upgrade program should be extended or not even have expiration. I bought my gear a month ago, 2 weeks later a new upgraded cap comes out. I'm trying to be civil here but NV is getting very cash grabby to me. This thread is doing this company great business. I feel early adopters should not be rushed to part with more cash just to get a deal they deserve. I really don't think this is asking too much. Not everyone can afford to buy new gear every week let alone once a month. Please offer upgrades and get rid of the expiration.:2c: :myday:

dadan

On mine, the reason for export was listed "as sample for testing", but it also had the full value listed on the invoice attached to the box :shrug:
I had to pay before they would deliver :rolleyes:

So difference is in seller's declaration to custom and in papers close to package. I did not have any document stating the price paid. Perhaps better to ask seller, when purchasing, to not specify any price in the consignment note.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I feel early adopters should not be rushed to part with more cash just to get a deal they deserve. I really don't think this is asking too much. Not everyone can afford to buy new gear every week let alone once a month. Please offer upgrades and get rid of the expiration.:2c: :myday:

Agreed, especially if us errly adopters are giving suggestions to improve the FP and then miss out on that upgrade window when the improvement is released. I still want to get the carb cap cause other people in my house like dabbing on the FP and the old showercap is scary heavy, it fell backward and landed on the weld of my stemless joint, thought for sure it would break; luckily it didn't (knock on glass) but that's risky. It is what it is for being an early adopter, but my buddy is about to order and he's gonna get Ti screens, Ti carb cap, adjustable bowl etc and I'm jealous :evil:

One cool thing I just noticed about the adjustable bowl, with the 2 piece design does that mean we can get 14mm and 18mm joint pieces, and they both fit the same sized bowl, cause that would be fucking bitchin'. Is there a deal on both joint sizes if that's the case?

Danksta

No one is twisting your arm to buy my friend and I understand the upgrade thing. I am also an early adopter so I have thought about this and adjusted my view of New Vape. New Vape will alter a product to make it better even if it was recently released and once I got used to this I learned to appreciate it. New Vape is indeed different this way and I think it is a good thing. My guess is if you feel burnt about buying a product that was upgraded shortly after release you could call New Vape and see if they will adjust the price for you. My uninformed guess is that they will but I could be wrong.

I get that but by accepting this you are creating a monster IMO. New gear suddenly becomes old 2 weeks later is kinda annoying. Maybe if this was a kickstarter I would feel different.

What I bought was the best 4 weeks ago. Now it's dated.

It's just amazing how some folks are so willing to hand over so much money for all these part #'s they generate on a weekly basis. Never forget they are a business first. They might do great stuff for us but we are paying a price. A large one at this. NV gear is not cheap.

I need money for meds. Had I known an adjustable bowl was coming I might have waited. Same with the glass bowl.

Apple likely has their next phone made, but they will atleast wait a cycle to release it.

Sorry for the rant but all this progress NV is making is funded by US. Not asking much to hook us up.

Agreed, especially if us errly adopters are giving suggestions to improve the FP and then miss out on that upgrade window when the improvement is released.

Exactly dude. People read our comments and made the decision to pull the trigger.

This thread is making them lots of cash

dadan

I get that but by accepting this you are creating a monster IMO. New gear suddenly becomes old 2 weeks later is kinda annoying. Maybe if this was a kickstarter I would feel different.
What I bought was the best 4 weeks ago. Now it's dated.
It's just amazing how some folks are so willing to hand over so much money for all these part #'s they generate on a weekly basis. Never forget they are a business first. They might do great stuff for us but we are paying a price. A large one at this. NV gear is not cheap.
I need money for meds. Had I known an adjustable bowl was coming I might have waited. Same with the glass bowl.
Apple likely has their next phone made, but they will atleast wait a cycle to release it.
Sorry for the rant but all this progress NV is making is funded by US. Not asking much to hook us up.
Exactly dude. People read our comments and made the decision to pull the trigger.
This thread is making them lots of cash

I understand your point of view and I cannot buy everything I would (expecially every 15 days) but I do not think it is different for any other brand (not only vapes). In any case I am convinced it is much better as it is now: newvape that bring us immediately new parts, based also on FC' users suggestions. It's a huge 'plus' that other brands do not even take in consideration.
I am sure that we should see positive side of this... and that it is better to be a bit frustrated for a new item we like, than wait for an entire season for brand marketing reasons.
Everyone will buy new items when possible...I will wait the glass bowl and then i will add to order also Ti screens (double), new shower cap and threaded Pax tool....and i live in europe, that's means expensive shipping, longer times and money to custom...
Also because, in the meantime, you can't certainly say that you are not having great time with FP and 'old' accessories you bought last month :brow:;)...

Danksta

I understand your point of view and I cannot buy everything that I would (expecially every 15 days) but I do not think it is different for any other brand (not only vapes). In any case I am convinced it is much better as it is now: newvape that bring us immediately new parts, also on FC' users suggestions. It's a huge 'plus' that other brends do not take even in consideration.
I am sure that we should see positive side of this and that it is better to be a bit frustrated for a new item we like than wait for an entire season for marketing reasons.
Everyone will buy new items when possible...I will wait the glass bowl and then i will add to order also Ti screens (double), new shower cup and threaded Pax tool....and i live in europe, that's means shipping and custom...
Also because, in the meantime, you can't certainly say that you are not having great time with FP and accessories you bought last month :brow:;)

Having a blast with the FP and am pleased I own it and I really do love NV. But as early adopters we are also investors. We are putting food on their tables and funding future R&D. Just get rid of the expiration and I'd be happy. The expiration is what makes me feel I need to buy it @steama.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Having a blast with the FP and am pleased I own it and I really do love NV. But as early adopters we are also investors. We are putting food on their tables and funding future R&D. Just get rid of the expiration and I'd be happy. The expiration is what makes me feel I need to buy it @steama.

The problem is, I think, that we're the ones largely to blame :p

These updates keep coming out because we keep asking for things :)

Danksta

Good points all.

Hopefully NV gets rid of the expiration.

Back to fun, boy o boy is 525 uncapped modulation amazing. Some nights I forget to go that low. It really does make a difference. :D

Psydub and the FP are a great paring too

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I think I'm finding the expiration upgrade thing kinda confusing to have an opinion about just because I've been making a bunch of the suggestions but I dont really have any intention of upgrading in a hurry :D

But you know, right now I'm watching Status Quo in a live show from 1984. I dont agree with many of my own decisions :D

I shall mull over what you all think about it (the expiration thing, not my questionable Quo decisions) and see if an opinion happens at me :)

Last edited:

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
Hello, good people!

I have been close-mouthed so far with respect to the new 2-Piece male bowls that NewVape has released. There is a good reason for that.

A little over a week ago, Edwyn contacted me and asked if I would be willing to beta test one of the new bowl prototypes under development... because of the large number of glass rigs I own and my mechanical background. He asked that I not reveal anything about the bowl to this forum until he released the product, to not "let the cat out of the bag" so to speak. I agreed, beta test bowl was ordered, and the testing was underway! :)

I have been putting the new 2-Piece prototype through its paces diligently since Monday. I have reported all my various findings to Edwyn for bowl improvement and fine-tuning, and this morning I received permission from Edwyn to post openly about my experiences with the new bowl.

This is what I have to report:

1 - The new 2-Piece bowl is designed to be a single locked unit that, once adjusted, is moved as a single piece to and from the pipe connection. This is the preferred user "mode", and it works very, very well at stopping the sticking that I and others have talked about in this thread. Because the base of the bowl is "snugged" up to the glass connection "lip" then tightened, the stem of the bowl cannot get "wedged" deeper into the glass joint by heat expansion, weight of FlowerPot handle, etc. The most I've been able to achieve in the way of deliberate sticking that siezes the joint has been maybe 2 or 3 seconds... the multiple minute cooldown wait time is now a thing of the past!

2 - The new bowl can be used in a second (unintended by the original design) "removeable bowl" mode. Twisting the handle, the top of the bowl can be removed for quick debowl and reload... leaving the stem of the bowl in the pipe the whole time. This has been my own personal "preferred mode" of use, though I have given the primary (single-piece) mode the bulk of my test time.

3 - The new bowl works with both 14mm and 18mm pipe connection "stems"... so only one bowl needs to be bought to cover both sizes. I do not know yet if both sizes of stems will come with the bowl, or if NewVape will be selling them seperately.

4 - The new bowl is exquisitely machined, like all of NewVapes products, and simply REEKS of quality and purpose-built style. It looks good, feels good, and has a magnificent balance and weight to it.

5 - There are several minor design issues involving the handle, the stems, and the question of further weight reduction... which were initially discussed then implemented or abandoned. The final version for sale should have all discussed improvements and flaws corrected.

6 - This bowl works GREAT on every pipe, ash catcher, and J-Hook that I tried it on, repeatedly and consistently, for several days in a row.

7 - The new male bowls have a single screen "ledge" - this is NOT the multiple-screen-shelf "Party Bowl" or "Adjustable Size Bowl" that many of you have been waiting for.

8 - I want another one with the final production changes! :). Off to order now.

Hope this all helped some... please feel free to ask if you have any questions! ;)

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
We need to compensate early adopters when a V2/V3/VX is released? Why don't ya'll just wait a bit instead of buying things straight away? There's no serious issue with the previous bowl to feel sour and demand upgrades! :2c: :peace:

I feel you, but I also see where @Danksta is coming from. The 1st gen showercap was only out for like 2 months, so it would be cool if the upgrade price was good for anyone who bought that showercap. I might even argue the original showercap was kind of flawed by design, too heavy, retained heat too long, not a super secure seal, but I understand both sides, it's bound to happen if we keep making upgrade suggestions.

Either way it is what it is, I need to get some of these double weave titanium screens. Is anybody collecting this weird distilled/water hash goop accumulating in their rigs? Washed my rig out yesterday and ran it through a coffee filter, collected the hash and dried it out overnight. It looks like good quality creamy, shiny hashish, only negative is the plant matter which is where those screens come in. Not sure if it will be good enough to keep saving or not but I figured it was worth a try. I'm really curious what type of full melt it would put out if I rosined some... :D

edit: @Chicken #420 it doesn't say anything about both sized joints coming with the bowl, can @NewVape420 clarify this? Also does this bowl have the adjustable screen positions or no? I can't tell if that was kept or dropped.

Baron23

Uh, that's not exactly explaining it to me....I'm perhaps a bit dense this morning.

Certainly my bowl has a screen in it, but what is this showing....a smaller screen below the regular screen?

And this keeps blowback air out of the bowl?

Or is this a screen on the bottom, put in a load, and then put a screen on top?

I have managed blow back by leaving the heater on and just removing the SC to clear the hit. If I take the heater off, I get enough blow back to send AVB flying. This is a 65 mm stemless can type glass piece.

I'm guessing that perhaps a recycler type where the water settles to the bottom more slowly might also help...perhaps...maybe??/

Thanks

Top Bottom