Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

dadan

Grinding breaks the triches and apparently there goes the flavor. It must be 'a rapid loss of flavor' once the trichome heads are broken. I never dreamed the difference to be so dramatic but ground herb never tastes as good as a whole nug in the shower head. Not even close.

:2c:

Sold, I will try some entire ungrinded buds in my first bowl within a couple of hours :p, thanks.

biohacker

My head is full of that fresh piney whole nug aroma - it's wonderful and tasty. Whole nugs are so nice I am considering going with a rough scissor cut in a shot glass as the main grind for my Shower Head.

YES!!!

Do you break the nugs up after a few hits? Reason I ask, I really liked the flavor and how long the chunky bowl lasts although I did not care for attempting to break the nugs up after the vapor is starting to diminish.

I just use the back end of the S&B brushes to tamp/crush....all that is needed IMO and that next hit is WOOOOAAAAHHHH cloud city! Not as tasty as that super tasty terpy first trich evap but still decent enough.

Oh yeah, after vaping the chunks and flavor begins to wane I break and crumble them up. I was amazed at the great taste even after I crumbled it up. In my humble opinion whole nugs are better flavor through the entire bowl than than ground herb ever is. Fuck, what have I been missing grinding my herb the way I do?

This has got me thinking about adjusting my ritual.

YES!!!

Grinding breaks the triches and apparently there goes the flavor. It must be 'a rapid loss of flavor' once the trichome heads are broken. I never dreamed the difference to be so dramatic but ground herb never tastes as good as a whole nug in the shower head. Not even close.

DUDE!!! Finally you're seeing the light! :tup:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Damn you guys weren't kidding, the vapor is a lot smoother without a fine grind. Good looking out my dude @biohacker It's like the bowl never ends with unground! I'm @ 555 uncapped and I've gotten at least 10 rips off hand torn nug chunk during my first session this morning, big thick clouds every time behind my LED desk lamp, probably look unimpressive without the lighting but the vapor is definitely there. I notice smokers get disappointed if they don't see a big cloud come out, but the low temp heady psychoactive effects are really fun

biohacker

Damn you guys weren't kidding, the vapor is a lot smoother without a fine grind. Good looking out my dude @biohacker It's like the bowl never ends with unground! I'm @ 555 uncapped and I've gotten at least 10 rips off hand torn nug chunk during my first session this morning, big thick clouds every time behind my LED desk lamp, probably look unimpressive without the lighting but the vapor is definitely there. I notice smokers get disappointed if they don't see a big cloud come out, but the low temp heady psychoactive effects are really fun

Loving it! I see so many people coughing with the finer grinds, and you can go high temp with coarse as well. Your post sounds like the way my girl sesh's! She's at 525-535 depending on herb quality uncapped and the clouds she exhales are I think bigger than when she uses the sv3 at 160c. Hit after hit after hit. I more prefer the 1 or 2 hit extract so i'm at 650ish and load enough for one (.05) or sometimes 1-2 hits (.1g). So smooth and tasty it feels like I can hold it in forever.

Oh, and so much LESS screen/bowl maintenance and like you said bro you can see the trichs evap, or whatever the "remains" are. I prefer the coarse grind vs whole nug though as I find it cleaner and less screen/bowl maintenance.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Heheh.

Theres a million ways to use this thing :)

Normally by now I'm way past a vapes limits/broken it/got bored/found something really annoying/tedious/inconvenient.

Instead, I'm just finding new ways to throw things at it :)

Today so far has been chunks of nugs that I've used to mop up reclaim. Endless hits, or if I hit it a different way, its milk shake thick inhales. I take a few hits, then crumble.

Some days I fine grind, sometimes I grind with my fingers, sometimes its whole nugs, other times I just stuff as much in there as I can and take a few puffs, then empty the load and crumble half of it.

I'm so fucking glad I waited until I found a desktop that seemed just right to me before investing in one again (about three years wait I think?!).

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Loving it! I see so many people coughing with the finer grinds, and you can go high temp with coarse as well. Your post sounds like the way my girl sesh's! She's at 525-535 depending on herb quality uncapped and the clouds she exhales are I think bigger than when she uses the sv3 at 160c. Hit after hit after hit. I more prefer the 1 or 2 hit extract so i'm at 650ish and load enough for one (.05) or sometimes 1-2 hits (.1g). So smooth and tasty it feels like I can hold it in forever.

Oh, and so much LESS screen/bowl maintenance and like you said bro you can see the trichs evap, or whatever the "remains" are. I prefer the coarse grind vs whole nug though as I find it cleaner and less screen/bowl maintenance.

Yep, I had it at 676 last night for one hitters and hand torn chunks :D vapor is a lot easier for me to hold and just more comfortable.

biohacker

Do you actually use a coarse grinder or scissor cut it? It seems the traditional aluminum grinders impact the flavor quite a bit more than I thought.

I have dumped my kannastor gr8tr and switched to the kannastor 2.2" that i've made into a 3 piece with the storage puck rounded bottom. It's coarse, about the same as a SCS 3 or 4 piece, but I also picked up a cheap grinder that has the largest holes i've seen and it is even coarser, similar to a hand or scissor shred i'd think.

I loved my Zeus Vortex crank for an effortless maintenance free medium coarse grind, but noticed that even though I converted it into a 3 piece, that the trichs would get knocked off with so much "agitation" and result with much kief. The Kannastor (non gr8tr) has holes that are larger and very effortless to turn since the grind falls through so easily. And I don't get the kief loss with it.

Yep, I had it at 676 last night for one hitters and hand torn chunks :D vapor is a lot easier for me to hold and just more comfortable.

It's massively noticeable for me, after using the coarse and fine plates on the kannastor gr8tr, my lungs were starting to really feel it, and I could almost feel temporary bronchitis, and was coughing quit frequently, even when not vaping. This is at moderate to low temps as well....just too much particulate with fine grind IMO. Soon as I switched back to coarse shred, problem solved, and way better flavour and still getting awesome clouds if meds are legit quality.

I'll take better health with my vapor any day of the week. :nod:

Dude cannot agree more! Health is #1! :rockon: ESPECIALLY our lungs!

Some days I fine grind, sometimes I grind with my fingers, sometimes its whole nugs, other times I just stuff as much in there as I can and take a few puffs, then empty the load and crumble half of it.

Variety is the spice of life indeed! :rockon: The FP allows for it ALL!!!!!!

dadan

I think in a new manual calibration, because yesterday i almost combust at first draw at 675F medium coarse grind, actually i go between 525F and 640F

My lungs are also feeling more healthy since I got the FPSH. In fact I noticed this the first week I had this tremendous vape.

I'll take better health with my vapor any day of the week. :nod:

Probably my lungs have to pay duty to transition from combustion, but i need to gob a lot more since when I have my FP, lungs self cleaning? :o:lmao:also depends if you use water o other liquids in your glass...i used something that was not water for an entire night, day after i decided to use only water

Baron23

So the debowler in the round tray was mentioned and I have to say that when I first saw it I thought is was useless as 'tits on a boar" (LOL...haven't used that rude phrase for 30 years, I think LOL) but I was wrong.

I do give my loads one stir at the end for the last draw or so and my AVB does drop out for the most part by just inverting. But I do take it to the debowler and clean up the bowl (especially the edges) and it works very well and very quickly. I really like that spike now. Its completely fit for purpose.

Wrt to the new two piece bowl, I will wait for it and give it a try. I only have an 18 mm bowl now and wanted a 14 mm, but have decided to wait and get the 14 in the new two piece and give it a whirl.

@NewVape710 - Edwyn, any idea of when the two piece bowl may go on sale on the site?

Also, as some have seen from a pic I posted showing shrink wrap about my shower cap dabber/handle, I have what appears to be a handle that is a Pax loading tool, but in Ti and with the threading on the end to connect to the shower cap. Its perfect and its NOT the Titanium Dabber Shovel (2560) on the site (or at least it looks different than the website pic). It is really the full Pax Loading Tool scoop for flower and is also very useful as a dab tool form crumble type concentrates. I got this as a benefit from Edwyn for a small cock up that was really my fault and not theirs (and thank you again, Edwyn) so I suspect that its a one-off that he had laying about. But I do suggest that NV put this in production and list it on the site. The Pax Loading Tool is my go to scoop for all of my vapes and having it in Ti for the FP show cap handle is perfect. Love it a lot.

Cheers

Alexis

@Alexis The hype is real :)
I believe trust! I have been in no doubt about that for a long while. My intuition serves me very well, I have been fully confident to recommend and advise people on this vape (which I have never even used) for quite a while, and I knew long ago, way before @biohacker got around to @lazylathe 's for testing that he was going to love this vape to bits and pieces!:love:

I never expected you to abandon the Supreme, and to be clear- if it wasn't for my allergy to it, I would still be using thr Supreme now and would expect to keep it in my lineup alongside the Flowerpot.

This thread has been amzimg for me to find some focus to keep my motivated through such a hard time. Just one more day of my homeopathy left- Im ragged and worn will need some recovery time.

I have been holding a secret close to my chest until a few little things fall into place and I have some mental energy for postitve and enthusiastic expression...

Just waiting for customs to clear actually.. and a somewhat nocturnal member with a heart of gold to venture out to the post office when it is convenient for him, (no rush or pressure honestly buddy ;)).

I like to have things in my hands before sharing with the world, and with various things not quite in my hands yet I have been patiently holding out, (just in case there is an earthquake swallowing roads and postal trucks!)

More to come my FP fellows who have kept me going recently, must re-energize first.:)

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
just too much particulate with fine grind IMO.

Dude cannot agree more! Health is #1! :rockon:

I'm honestly not convinced its particulates (unless Im taking you too literally). I'm still fine grinding, blowing clouds and not coughing and my lungs are sensitive as fuck. Obviously, this is all anecdotal evidence from me, but I'd suspect its more the expectorant qualities of the vapour rather than particulates.

I've been permanently carbcapped, havent taken it off in weeks now I think. Since whenever I started these proper cap experiments.

Its upped my draw restriction, still not coughing :) Again, anecdotal and each to their own etc. but this is gone with the FP due to what I've learned from previous vapes and coughing my fucking guts up continually on em all :) Thats not to say I dont think stressing our lungs sucking on a bunch of draw restriction cant affect our lungs, just that I think theres more at play.

EDIT: Theres an equation I think I can maybe nail if I have the brain power, goes along the lines of photography's 'aperture-ISO-shutter speed' (its been a while, i forget if its just those three) and that basic combination being key to it all (for me anyway). I just cant quite get it to form in me noggin... Its been flying around and hiding in the back of my head for weeks now, just cant get the fucker to spring to the forefront.

also depends if you use water o other liquids in your glass...i used something that was not water for an entire night

Pee pee?

Last edited:

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
For the most part I am using only the FPSH, but the other day I decided to change things up with one of my other favorite vapes, the vapcap omni XL. The vapcap has a lot of resistance due to it's design and I have never looked at this as a problem only as the character of the vapcap, but there may be more to draw resistance. The first thing I noticed with the vapcap is that I had a much greater urge to cough. Not saying this is necessarily a bad thing.

I recall earlier in this thread where @NewVape710 commented that he noticed he coughed less with greater airflow of the FPSH. Having experienced this myself I think there is something to a resistance free draw being better for you. It's better for me anyway.
I hadn't really thought about it until you guys have just been discussing irritation and I know we're not supposed to compare vapes, but I do think I'm getting slightly less throat/lung irritation with the Flowerpot vs Evo and I thought that vape was smoother than anything I'd tried before.

The Evo is just not as airy as the flowerpot and this fully open airpath has got to have something to do with it as it seems more restriction increases the throat hit IMO.
(I don't get on with restrictive vapes - hence the vapcap living in a drawer now.)

I do still cough a little, but that's my own doing by using high(ish) temps..
But uncapped, I can vary the density of the clouds by my draw speed

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I hadn't really thought about it until you guys have just been discussing irritation and I know we're not supposed to compare vapes, but I do think I'm getting slightly less throat/lung irritation with the Flowerpot vs Evo and I thought that vape was smoother than anything I'd tried before.

The Evo is just not as airy as the flowerpot and this fully open airpath has got to have something to do with it as it seems more restriction increases the throat hit IMO.
(I don't get on with restrictive vapes - hence the vapcap living in a drawer now.)

I do still cough a little, but that's my own doing by using high(ish) temps..
But uncapped, I can vary the density of the clouds by my draw speed

Volcano, wide open airflow on those bags. Nothing has made me cough as much as those bastard bags did at anything but the lowest starting temps :)

FP has ended a long fucking search for me, got everything else I've tried (by no means an exhaustive list) completely beaten by a mile, even when its permanently capped.

As my lungs have got better over the years, they've gotten more sensitive to when I do give em some hassle. I was even finding my Pipes Project intolerable hard work the other day, my previous king of no irritation and wide open airflow. I'm going to stop even thinking about vaping in the bath and just take a bigger FPSH hit beforehand :)

I assume this is going to happen with the FP now. My lungs are getting an easy ride and are going to tell me to quite rightly fuck right off if I try and go to another vape with the slightest more irritable vapour.

And thats exactly what I want them to do :D

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Volcano, wide open airflow on those bags. Nothing has made me cough as much as those bastard bags did at anything but the lowest starting temps :)
Hmm, good point.. Although I've never tried a Volcano and TBH it just never appealed to me having all that vapour sitting/cooling/going stale in the bag.
I now think my needs are as open airflow as possible and some water filtration at least.
(and lots of good flowers)

dadan

it's an idea! :brow::clap::rofl:

was this ginger...
ginger-zero-san-benedetto_large.png

Color drews me, then I started to cough, perhaps is not responsible, but from today only water in my glass using FP...:rockon:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I believe we can discus or bring up 'other vapes' as it relates to the vape thread being discussed, in order or to bring something particular and specific into focus. This kind of comparison is not meant to degrade or promote, only to clarify. I hope this use of 'other vapes' is in bounds...too lazy to check the rules on this right now so I could be wrong as I often am.

:)

This is correct. Threads based on comparing vapes are frowned upon, but a comparison to make a point is fine.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@Pyr0 @steama & even that double-posting @emmdeemo :haw:
I don't think that your "observations" apply here to that rule. That is to say, it didn't read like you're "comparing" them. I love my VC but would never compare that experience to a NVFP experience, just watching what you guys can extract from tiny amounts. But from video evidence alone, the FP obliterates flower, just decimates it. My VC doesn't do that, and that's cool and yeah it can smack me and make me cough. I don't mind :D The SH just seems ultimately efficient no matter the user or technique?

But I know I cough MUCH less than combustion days, loads less. And no more chronic cough.

I've read this thread in total and IME whenever other devices are mentioned here it's as a frame of reference, and it's done respectfully and follows the Prime Directive: Be Nice. And it's very helpful for those of us that don't YET own a FP, helps me understand the OP. On the other hand, all these pages of happy posts & videos from you fuckers only serves my awareness of how empty my vaping existence is and shall remain until one of these has a home in my little art studio.

EDIT: pakalolo is maybe more efficient than the NVFP. Is he even human?

Alexis

Very interesting discussions guys! I would pitch in except my brain is pretty shut off from over tiredness.

However, I do also think myself @emmdeemo that there is more governing the irritation degree than draw restriction alone.

I also think there is a less obvious explanation why fine grind is causing issues. It would help if we could completely rule out particulate actually being present in the vapor inhaled, post water filtration.

If the irritation IS caused directly by inhaling tiny particles, then the double weave Ti screens should make a noticeable difference to somebody who is accustomed to the exact degree of irritation a fine grind causes.(?):shrug:

Or hemp fiber that should swallow up most if not all minute particles.
If we could establish clearly whether these measures result in a noticeable improvement then we can consider more strongly that particles are the cause.

And if there is no improvement, then maybe there are other factors at the root of fine grind respiratory irritation?

This isn't what I came here to say now though. I just wanted to give @VapeFiend.com some praise.:clap:
As you know I am a huge fan, I love these folks and their energy. Especially George, I spoke with him on the phone a few months back and he was so nice and open and friendly, and so genuine, but I already knew he would be no different.

The video is excellent, so unscripted yet with a perfect relaxed and natural flow. Is there anybody better at reviewing vapes? It really cheers me up just listening to George's joyful, effortless expression on all things. Great guy who I truly can't imagine anybody ever disliking.:nod:

So Im glad that this Flowerpot community now has a chance to recognise the greatness on a human level that is George, AKA @VapeFiend.com who we are so lucky to have on our shores enriching and enlivening the world of vaporizing here in UK and Europe!:tup:

@NewVape710 Im really pleased you have partnered with George & Co and are very happy about it, it was always going to happen! You both deserve the best success and will have each other's backs all the way Im sure.

You both already have unfallible winning formulas for life and business anyway, and even better as a team!:)

Oh yes, I also KNEW without question ages ago, that George was going to LOVE the Flowerpot! I actually wanted to ring him and tell him he would be amazed by it and was fully innocent of what he was missing out on.:lol:

I literally couldn't wait to hear his confirming impressions, hence why I looked forward to and enjoyed his video even more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom