Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
:lol:
So Im a bit confused now- in my mind I had separated these 2 processes as being different, and somewhat unrelated.
So are you saying that the Autotuning is essentially the same process as calibrating the coil tp your environment/head?

And that even this calibration is not going to make any functional difference to performance once the apparatus has heated up and stabailised?

If this is the case, and calibration isn't going to improve performance except the way the controller gets up to speed, then I shan't concern myself with this calibration step either and save my (already preoccupied brain) the details and effort.

Calibration can be done manually or automatically, doing it automatically is autotuning, therefore calibration and autotune are essentially the same thing. I'd rather trust the autotune than me doing it manually, especially considering all it does is stop over shooting the initial heat up temp.

Considering no one has needed this function at all and ppl are very happy with their Flowerpots, I'm erring on the side of being able to happily ignore all of this and not be missing out in any way :D

At the end of the day this Auto Tune has NO affect on the functionally of the controller and flowerpot. The AT theory (as I understand it) is modifying the algorithm that controls the heat up logic.

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
emmdeemo,

Same here. I don't care about a few minutes of 10 or 20 degrees overshoot on powerup... since I typically only power up once a day at most! :D

My FP controller is a golden god of heat management... it has run flawlessly for months, and I anticipate many more years of greatness from it! :)

I'll leave the heatup algorithm fine tuning to the techies who enjoy that sort of thing... and I hope it brings them some level of benefit for the trouble. As for me? It's talons off! ;)

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
emmdeemo,

Same here. I don't care about a few minutes of 10 or 20 degrees overshoot on powerup... since I typically only power up once a day at most! :D

My FP controller is a golden god of heat management... it has run flawlessly for months, and I anticipate many more years of greatness from it! :)

I'll leave the heatup algorithm fine tuning to the techies who enjoy that sort of thing... and I hope it brings them some level of benefit for the trouble. As for me? It's talons off! ;)

It'd be different if we were doing something that depended on there being no overshoot, but we dont, so it isnt :)

1 of the 3 controllers I've had was overshooting by 100 degrees at start up, which just seems unnecessary so I was happy to calibrate that one with an autotune.

But as NV says, regardless of tuning or overshoot, all the controllers get to temp at roughly the same time anyway so its kinda moot.

juan

Just order a decent amount of "degummed hemp fiber" from anywhere you can get the best deal.

Order enough to last for quite a long time and just pay the shipping once. I'm sure c cost won't be extortionate.

@WAM90 did you search for "carbon filter adapter"? They will come in different joint sizes and style, so it's depends on your bowl and rig as to which one you will choose. Here is a link for an 18 mm male to 18mm female one (if I have got that in the right order?):
https://m.dhgate.com/product/new-ar...er-19mm-male/262113053.html#simsear-0-adapter male carbon

But you can find other models and difference sizes etc, such as male to male for a female foal and rig. Good luck, I do expect to get one myself at some point.

I cannot find any hemp fiber where they advertise that it is degummed. However, I found this one from UK: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hemp-Top-V...548514?hash=item2cc7cb4522:g:hjAAAOSwjDZYlXg2
Do you think it will work?

Chicken #420

I cannot find any hemp fiber where they advertise that it is degummed. However, I found this one from UK: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hemp-Top-V...548514?hash=item2cc7cb4522:g:hjAAAOSwjDZYlXg2

That is definitely the stuff! :D
Looks a bit like golden cotton.

If you are looking for a cheap U.S. source, there is an ebay seller named "rotten kitty" that sends a 1/4 Oz. envelope (enough for a TON of vaping!) for around $3 shipped. I recommend that seller until you need a larger bulk buy.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Wow that’s the first I’ve heard anyone complain about airflow with any of the flowerpots. I have all 3 heads and find the airflow killer on all of them even the dnail sic dish with the v2 dnail carb cap but I don’t have lung issues. The showerhead is pretty awesome and even though I find the ogfp to have wide open flow the showerhead is just pure unrestricted airflow when you don’t use a carb cap.

I have been using the FP a lot (1/4 herb & 2gs of sauce) the past couple days and settled in at around 505F - 525F w/ carb capped to end experiment. I like the flavor and taste at this temp capped, especially twaxing. But i feel like i need a bit more air flow possibly through the cap or flowerpot, im not sure. But my lungs were really sore from sucking harder due to the restriction of air with the D-nail V2 carb cap on.

I tried upping the temp to 743F and use it uncapped but the taste is different like its browning the ABV more and even caused combustion a few times at 743F which sucks cuz I have to clean my rig and everything involved to get rid of the combustion smell. I wanted to like the uncapped at higher temps but i couldnt find a tasty temp while bouncing around from 600f to 750F uncapped.

So my thinking is maybe the showerhead will solve my problem of restricted airfllow, capped or uncapped. but will require more experimenting which im all down for! Or maybe I am just trying to justify spending another $100 at newvape.com. Last week's order was dabbers, Ti Carb cap, Ti screen and the fine grinder. And i guess its gonna be showerhead, coil nut and stubby body this week! By Xmas, im gonna run out of newvape shit to buy!

Alexis

Unless I am mistaken- NOOOO! That stuff is BLEACHED! Avoid, you want as clean and natural as poss.
As mentioned above, Dynavap offer it. I will see what else I can find and report back to you, I just wanted to reply asap so you dont order that bleached one.

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Good call, @Alexis . @juan does not want any kind of bleach fumes in their lungs, real bad shit!

Ti double weave Errlectric screen is ACE! Really fucking rigid, the one I have has a slight natural dome so I've put it in 'upside down' to increase the airflow slightly by not having as much of it resting on the screen ledge.

Chicken #420

Tell me more about this hemp fiber bleaching issue please... this is the first I've heard of it! :o

Chicken #420,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
680F SH uncapped, full bowl lightly tamped, of one of the best looking jack skellington nugs I had, and not a big one either. 3 solid hits, 3 wispy hits, I did stir between the 4th and 5th hit and did not notice any appreciable difference in vapor on each of the wispy hits. This is working so well for me right now, in my little bitty recycler which is a real chugger. I still await my dhgate mobius stereo matrix knockoff which is probably going to change things a little though I'm not sure how much?

FWIW, I have never calibrated my dhgate enail and am finding that when I test out the low and high ends I see similar results (i.e. no visable vapor, almost combustion, etc --much thanks @emmdeemo ) as other members using various kit. I am intrigued to try it out though! Always looking for the highest accuracy.

Fading :peace:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
680F SH uncapped, full bowl lightly tamped, of one of the best looking jack skellington nugs I had, and not a big one either. 3 solid hits, 3 wispy hits, I did stir between the 4th and 5th hit and did not notice any appreciable difference in vapor on each of the wispy hits. This is working so well for me right now, in my little bitty recycler which is a real chugger. I still await my dhgate mobius stereo matrix knockoff which is probably going to change things a little though I'm not sure how much?

FWIW, I have never calibrated my dhgate enail and am finding that when I test out the low and high ends I see similar results (i.e. no visable vapor, almost combustion, etc --much thanks @emmdeemo ) as other members using various kit. I am intrigued to try it out though! Always looking for the highest accuracy.

Fading :peace:

Calibration wont make the coil any more accurate, it'll just stop it over shooting at heat up.

Danksta

For me personally 700 with a bowl you can finish with one hit is like taking a dab. Actually it might be better but I love dabbing so much I don't want to admit that publicly lol. I feel at this temp the FP works better than a rosin press. It's just so damn efficient at extracting. The terps burn the nose and it's just such an enjoyable experience. I think I prefer it over the lower temps which surprise me.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I feel at this temp the FP works better than a rosin press. It's just so damn efficient at extracting.

I just said the same thing to @psychonaut the other day! It's almost like a direct inject rosin press for your lungs, you can even hear those sweet resin heads bursting open :p

One hitters in the showerhead really set it apart from other vapes. I don't even need hash with the FP it's so efficient. The way it just vaporizes the cannabinoids and leaves all that plant material behind almost defeats a lot of the reasoning behind making hash in the first place.

Danksta

I just said the same thing to @psychonaut the other day! It's almost like a direct inject rosin press for your lungs, you can even hear those sweet resin heads bursting open :p

One hitters in the showerhead really set it apart from other vapes.

I think it's pretty accurate. I was doing rosin dabs alone this weekend and the FP single hit bowls were better taste and effect wise even.

Alexis

Tell me more about this hemp fiber bleaching issue please... this is the first I've heard of it! :o
Me too, al I know is I read the word "bleached" and the word "avoid" popped into my head!
Just about to have my first vape today. Too much for me yesterday, although I think it was the high temp hits I was pushing out of the Omnivap.

All day today my muscles have been a mixture of too relaxed, and too fatigued, which they are at all times anyway.
I can't really be satisfied with the vapcap low temp hits, but I totally forgot how high temps can be more lethargy/fatigue inducing.

I needs me some better temperature control, AND ability to take large hits at lower temps.
I think I have just the right fix in mind for that little problem!;)

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

One hitters in the showerhead really set it apart from other vapes. I don't even need hash with the FP it's so efficient. The way it just vaporizes the cannabinoids and leaves all that plant material behind almost defeats a lot of the reasoning behind making hash in the first place.

Hahah, I thought a similar thing last night. As my eyes were watering I thought "I only normally get this from dabs!". This last few years, I've much preferred dabs as a way to get where I need to be without having to inhale any where near as much vapour.

Like many of us seem to be, I'm back to nearly full time flower instead :)

Chicken #420

My lady still enjoys SiC wraparound dabs... she finds flower to be a bit harsh from the ShowerHead. I personally don't mind it myself... wide open ShowerHead with fresh herb continues to blow my mind! :o

Before I bought my FlowerPot, I did about 50/50 flower vs dabs. Now it's 90/10 in favor of ShowerHead with flower! :)

Last edited:

Danksta

I would love to try some fresh rosin though...

although, that is a really cool analogy

I'm not able to but maybe someone with a press and FP could compare.

Take .xx and vape it
Take .xx and squish and dab that at a low temp

I'd wager that it's neck and neck difference of which is better.

My guess is the FP is more efficient at extraction and you can get higher on less material.

Square4Life

So one thing I didn't take into account was the cool down time to be able to put the FP away safely. I'm a 'put it all away when you are done for the day' kind of guy, which isn't a problem with the FP, although, it does take longer. Just wanted to see if anyone else had a solution for this. I'm a pelican case kind of guy but clearly can't do that with the hot head.

Top Bottom