Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

dadan

Finally it's here :D:haw::peace:

DSC_0084.jpg

i'm trying to eliminate this 'new' stinky smell with hot temperatures, 10 minutes are gone at 900F, moving coil from his stand and the bowl, and it still smells...how many time I have to wait? :brow::lol: which other kind of operation i have to do before start using it without feel this burnt car oil smell?

This bowl's hemp handle now is sticky... like some glue is melt and it smells not good....

IMG_20171023_125550.jpg

Thanks to all help me choosing parts and answering my questions, and of course Chris and Edwyn at @NewVape710.

@btka, mate I hope your FP is still not at austrian custom but in your hands.

@Alexis thanks for DHgate link, it was a good advice. I like the unit box too, it make me feel unit less cheap construction. 103,01 EUR without any custom tax, it's my first time with DHL from china, and just because the seller expressely declare it's a sample (not cheap value, exactly a sample...):

DSC_0085.jpg

Both ordered on 16th, both arrived on 23rd, only 1 week wait...
At the end I paid
- 188,99 EUR
for FP SH + Female bowl + stand/debowler + express tracked shipping
for FP kit custom
- 103,01 EUR
for Dhgate unit (shipping and custom included)
------------
320,61 EUR

Last edited:

biohacker

Right on time bro, good morning! :) I'm just beginning my morning ritual and thought it must be about time for my morning paper, I mean morning "Biohacker"! Much more entertaining and informative- REAL news!

Good Morning bro from across the pond! The weather has shifted, and instead of sunshine and 23c like yesterday, it will be cloudy, rainy, and 20c. Still not bad for Canada for this time of year. And I haven't watched fake news in over 2 years! :rofl:I do appreciate your gesture! :)

So will that be a problem seeing as the joint is flat(?- unsure with all this terminology.)

For my glass piece, yes, it just won't seal. But every piece is different. I wish I had more for comparison, and will hopefully in a few weeks when I implement my GAS dhgate binge in effect. I actually just bought another Blaze Showerhead from PV on a special since it only had a tiny scratch, but it was almost half price! I also still plan on buying that clone on dghate from GlassArtist.

Would it need either a claissen or drop down to be able to remove the bowl with the glass reducer? Or will it still be easy enough to get hold of the adapter to remove the bowl?

Like I said above, it is kinda trial and error, but with dewaar joints it's trickier, both for the glass reducer, and a drop down. (neither which work on mine)

I would buy a claissen but limited options on dhgate, and good models cost a little. Just about maxed out finance wise to get the FP for £200 ish then a bubbler on top. So son't want to spend £30 more on a claissen.

I know it sucks, but the quality is up there (even though I stuck mine so hard in the dewaar that it broke my gong and cracked the dewaar, but it was my own fault). @lazylathe did a small repair to the joint and said it was super thick and quality boro. Definitely picking up another for a second setup or backup, and i'll keep my eye on dhgate stock.

http://www.planetvape.ca/megashot-glass-double-bowl-offset-adapter.html

@biohacker would this work with that bubbler of yours to clear the glass? Or no good? I may look around for a claissen but would prefer to skip it and see how I get on just by clearing the tube by lifting the the heater off the bowl.
Unsure yet, thought I had it all figured.

Yeah like I said I bought the dropdown from NV which is just from china and it doesn't fit whatsoever.

That claissen @Hogni shows above looks ideal shame it isn't available. Any inputs welcome any time and thanks to all. Hope the week is beginning well for you.

Link posted above! Hope you have a great week yourself dude, be easy! :rockon:

i'm trying to eliminate this 'new' stinky smell with hot temperatures, 10 minutes are gone at 900F, moving coil from his stand and the bowl, and it still smells...how many time I have to wait? :brow::lol: which other kind of operation i have to do before start using it without feel this burnt car oil smell?

That doesn't sound right to me. Mine had zero smell or off gassing and I have a very sensitive sense of smell (go check out the Solo 2 and EVO threads :lol:). I've had my coil over 1000f to burn off residue and no bad smells, just a glowing orange coil.

Has this been reported in this thread ever? I've read 80%+ of it and this is something I haven't come across yet.

This bowl's hemp handle now is sticky... like some glue is melt and it smells not good....

I found it sticky at first when it was new, some sort of wax perhaps but it was getting sticky on my fingers. Non issue now, but i've soaked it in ISO many times, and have switched over to the solid silicone handle which I much prefer.

Welcome to the NV Cult! :rockon:

Last edited:

Alexis

Good Morning bro from across the pond! The weather has shifted, and instead of sunshine and 23c like yesterday, it will be cloudy, rainy, and 20c. Still not bad for Canada for this time of year. And I haven't watched fake news in over 2 years! :rofl:I do appreciate your gesture! :)

For my glass piece, yes, it just won't seal. But every piece is different. I wish I had more for comparison, and will hopefully in a few weeks when I implement my GAS dhgate binge in effect. I actually just bought another Blaze Showerhead from PV on a special since it only had a tiny scratch, but it was almost half price! I also still plan on buying that clone on dghate from GlassArtist.

Like I said above, it is kinda trial and error, but with dewaar joints it's trickier, both for the glass reducer, and a drop down. (neither which work on mine)

I know it sucks, but the quality is up there (even though I stuck mine so hard in the dewaar that it broke my gong and cracked the dewaar, but it was my own fault). @lazylathe did a small repair to the joint and said it was super thick and quality boro. Definitely picking up another for a second setup or backup, and i'll keep my eye on dhgate stock.

http://www.planetvape.ca/megashot-glass-double-bowl-offset-adapter.html

Yeah like I said I bought the dropdown from NV which is just from china and it doesn't fit whatsoever.

Link posted above! Hope you have a great week yourself dude, be easy! :rockon:
Thanks very much. I will need to do some thinking on this then, which is kinda cool cos that is part of the fun with these things. Need to wait until my head is clear first to examine all possibilities. I could even go back to the 14/18 female bowl and some short adapter. That would actually see, like the cheapest option maybe.

Other shit to be getting on with first- priorities!;)

Right, oil pulling done, full "steam" ahead!:lol: Thanks again bro. By the way, I almost said to you that I bet all that lovely summer weather is nowhere to be seen today! Seriously, don't ask me how, I just knew it somehow!

We don't see a lot of sun here at all currently. Planet wide geoenigineering in full swing that is for sure.

@dadan thanks man for sharing these details with us, greatly appreciated as is your presence and participation here.:tup:
Can't comment on burn off fumes/time etc, but @emmdeemo may be able to help you with that. You will probably have cleared it by then anyway though.

I presume all the smell is coming from the coil and not the bowl or SH? I havent seen any mention of cleaning the bowls/SH in ISO before use to wash off any manufacturing residues.

I don't know of this is necessary, or if Newvape sends everything out already fully cleaned? May be worth checking though.
Have a great day testing man, hope it all goes smoothly. Look forward to hearing more in your own good time.:tup:

Last edited:

biohacker

I havent seen any mention of cleaning the bowls/SG in ISO before use to wash off any manufacturing residues.

I don't know of this is necessary, or if Newvape sends everything out already fully cleaned? May be worth checking though.

Ah you just jogged my memory.... I never cleaned my bowl or anything before my first use. BUT I DID stick a cotton swab in it and some sort of black residue was on the qtip, which I assume is just manufacturing oil? Very small amount, but perhaps this is causing the odour? Perhaps something is on the coil? Debris?

I'd let it all cool down, inspect, clean the bowl with iso maybe heat the coil up without the nail to help isolate?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Ah you just jogged my memory.... I never cleaned my bowl or anything before my first use. BUT I DID stick a cotton swab in it and some sort of black residue was on the qtip, which I assume is just manufacturing oil? Very small amount, but perhaps this is causing the odour? Perhaps something is on the coil? Debris?

I'd let it all cool down, inspect, clean the bowl with iso maybe heat the coil up without the nail to help isolate?

When I got mine, I gave the parts a swab with an ISO dipped Q tip and got very, very minimal residual oils. I think I only ended up using one side of the Q-tip it was so little.

@dadan Not sure what would make that scent unless some of the Beeswax from the handle got rubbed off on the showerhead during transit. I've read a few cases of the handle wax dripping, it wasn't molten for me but it was a little sticky when I got my bowl. I wonder if the solid handle should become standard for those reasons.

biohacker

Dabbing is conduction + convection vaporization as long as your temps are right.

Sorry for pulling this from another thread, but i'm curious what temps you use for dabbing precious rosin? You don't have a wraparound correct? Just curious what your thoughts are on dabbing on the Ti SH nail vs SiC vs convection.

I wonder if the solid handle should become standard for those reasons.

I think so :2c:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Is it still possible to purchase this for a wraparound? Just curious what it costs, and how the dnal wraparound SiC insert compares to the NV SiC insert, other than its size

Oh yeah its their standard sapphire halo. I think they are $270 US, and IMO not worth it unless they don't break anymore lol. The thing I like about the halos is the wik technology. Not sure how it compares, @invertedisdead was kind enough to point out to me the NV dish is considerably smaller than a halo which is why I decided to utilize mine for the FP.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Sorry for pulling this from another thread, but i'm curious what temps you use for dabbing precious rosin? You don't have a wraparound correct? Just curious what your thoughts are on dabbing on the Ti SH nail vs SiC vs convection.

I've honestly only done a handful of dabs on my Showerhead. I had a real bad experience with some dirty concentrate recently so I'm back to my old single organic source for extracts and have been waiting for harvest for new meds. Should have something in the next week or two. I was having to run my temps hotter when I was using that beaker as the 45 degree joint was causing pooling. Seems like I was around 650 but I need more tests! I dabbed some Humboldt's Finest live resin sauce and it was pretty good, maybe a bit "muted" compared to other materials, but my temps really haven't been dialed in.

I don't have the SiC, but I want to do some comparisons with my quartz bangers. Never had good luck with convection concentrates with my Volcano but it's something I've been really wanting to try through the FP. @paytonpenn convection concentrate vid was one of the main selling points of the FP for me. I might get one of these to try https://7thfloorvapes.com/index.php/seventhfloorvapes/ceramic-flavor-disc.html

@Danksta said he was getting pretty good flavors out of Ti, I bet he'll chime in!

@Justpassedu has the OG SiC, Showerhead, and the D-Nail. I bet he'll chime in too :wave:
He posted a pic in here somewhere of all three, definitely more spacious with the Showerhead and D-Nail. One thing I like about the Showerhead though being a single machined piece is the smooth interior surface, whereas the other flowerpots have that knurled center nut.

btka

Finally it's here :D:haw::peace:

DSC_0084.jpg

IMG_20171023_125550.jpg

Thanks to all help me choosing parts and answering my questions, and of course Chris and Edwyn at @NewVape710.

@btka, mate I hope your FP is still not at austrian custom but in your hands.

@Alexis thanks for DHgate link, it was a good advice. I like the unit box too, it make me feel unit less cheap construction. 103,01 EUR without any custom tax, it's my first time with DHL from china, and just because the seller expressely declare it's a sample (not cheap value, exactly a sample...):

DSC_0085.jpg

Both ordered on 16th, both arrived on 23rd, only 1 week wait...
At the end I paid
- 188,99 EUR
for FP SH + Female bowl + stand/debowler + express tracked shipping
for FP kit custom
- 103,01 EUR
for Dhgate unit (shipping and custom included)
------------
320,61 EUR

you want believe it but it is still in the customs... today I was lucky to be able to speak with someone from the customs... after several attempts and weeks and hours of telephone anouncments. they asked me what s in he package and I told them it is for aromatherapy... they asked if it is a e-cig... and I told them no itnis for herbs or essential oils and it is used for aromatherapy.. they said it is now to late but they will check tomorrow and call me back... another fc member from austria ordered after me and got his fp 2 weeks ago... I am fu##### angry ... hope there will be no problems... can not think why they wozkd notnpass it trough the customs... but really I needed 3 weeks to speak with someone, before that I heared for several weeks and hours their telefo anouncment... a joke...

Danksta

I was getting decent flavor off the Ti once I let it build up some seasoning. I've used it at 550, 640, 700 and 725.

700 was surprisingly good, but I had to load a small one hit extraction load to get the right balance.

I think the balancing act is key. Too much of one and the other suffers.

Overall my opinion is that double deckers are fun, but I would rather just take a FP hit while my quartz banger cools. I've never gotten a double decker that blows me away flavor wise. Some things just don't mix as well in reality as they do in our heads. I barely do double dipped dabs for that reason.

EDIT: Spent the weekend in the 700-725 one hit extraction zone. If I load only what I can handle I get really really good flavor. Good enough flavor to stay in this zone for the time being.

Last edited:

Justpassedu

I've honestly only done a handful of dabs on my Showerhead. I had a real bad experience with some dirty concentrate recently so I'm back to my old single organic source for extracts and have been waiting for harvest for new meds. Should have something in the next week or two. I was having to run my temps hotter when I was using that beaker as the 45 degree joint was causing pooling. Seems like I was around 650 but I need more tests! I dabbed some Humboldt's Finest live resin sauce and it was pretty good, maybe a bit "muted" compared to other materials, but my temps really haven't been dialed in.

I don't have the SiC, but I want to do some comparisons with my quartz bangers. Never had good luck with convection concentrates with my Volcano but it's something I've been really wanting to try through the FP. @paytonpenn convection concentrate vid was one of the main selling points of the FP for me. I might get one of these to try https://7thfloorvapes.com/index.php/seventhfloorvapes/ceramic-flavor-disc.html

@Danksta said he was getting pretty good flavors out of Ti, I bet he'll chime in!

@Justpassedu has the OG SiC, Showerhead, and the D-Nail. I bet he'll chime in too :wave:
He posted a pic in here somewhere of all three, definitely more spacious with the Showerhead and D-Nail. One thing I like about the Showerhead though being a single machined piece is the smooth interior surface, whereas the other flowerpots have that knurled center nut.
Haha i got you buddy -
RUjYeMu.jpg

sP9Sdwq.jpg

DrRishi

I don't have the Showhead yet (according to Vapefiend its on its way) so I am using a wrap around with a SIG dish. I am using 600F at the moment for my Rosin and herb. With the cap the rosin is going within 2/3 draws and no noticeable pooling.

Baron23

@Baron23 thanks for offering your valued experiemce on these matters. I searched dhgate snd found this seller. I presume this is no good for what you are describing? I mean they have 14 mm F to 18 mm M, but maybe the wrong design?

https://m.dhgate.com/product/glass-...emale/268358294.html#s1-12-1;searl|0574690800

Nope, won't clear the edge of the can.

I have 'claisen' type adapters that I use with my enano. That would work, however, I want one with a 14mm male joint to connect to the WT and an 18mm female for the FP body. Not available.

Yes, I can take my 18mm claisen type, carbed adapter, put a 14-18 adapter in my FC-188, and use my 18 mm body but I hate stacking adapter on adapter.

Probably best that I just get a 14mm body and use my 14 mm claisen.

But I think I'm going to reach out to OGB and see what it would take to get some proper drop downs for the FC-188

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Was going crazy waiting for my bowl to cool, screwed on the showercap dabber and back in action!! Pretty sure I read of someone doing that in this thread. If so, thanks for planting that seed! Looks kinda goofy with the 4" long handle but :leaf:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Some things just don't mix as well in reality as they do in our heads. I barely do double dipped dabs for that reason.

Yeah, I usually just do them separately but I can always save myself some time by doing a double decker...

However... You need to try dipping some concentrates in CBD isolate. May not be your cup of tea if you don't like the taste of CBD anyway, but personally, I got really nice flavors from doing this.

Blueberry Live Res (tasted like FRESH blueberries somehow) + CBD isolate for a little cherry hit and mannnn. Pure bliss! Even on the showerhead it was fantastic.

Same with this black domina live res... the musky, perfumey taste really shines thru even on the Ti! I know live res is more flavorful in general, but just saying! You can def get good flavors.

640 as usual... I don't go real big or else I get pooling. A little goes a long way though.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I was just in the GS thread an hour ago looking at yours and @StormyPinkness posts, wondering which vape you folks prefer and what ya reasons are.

Is that a typo meaning comparing? Or have you set up a rig to pair the two vapes together? :)
We're not supposed to compare vapes in vape threads I don't think so I'll skip any details and just say I do prefer my glass symphony for flower. Though I have nothing negative to say about how my flower pot performs with flower, they're both absolutely amazing. Also I've never tried the showerhead one, just throwing that out there.

Likes2vape

I do double decker loads quite a bit but I’m not expecting great flavor from them. They are decent tasting but not as good as doing one or the other on their own. I find the flavor of the flower goes out really quick. If I want to savor the flavor than for sure I just do one or the other but if I’m hurting and just want to be heavily medicated double deckers are my go to.

Alexis

Vapefiend have updated their FP inventory slightly to also include a starter kit including a controller:
https://vapefiend.co.uk/flowerpot-twax-starter-kit
The enail doesnt appear to be available seperately though, and no details given on it. Also only a choice of 14 and 18 mm male bowls with the kit, but I reckon they would swap for female bowl if they have enough stock.

With the 10% October discount it totals £360.
So a saving I guess, considering it also includes the enail handle as well as Showercap, plus bowl, SH set, and enail.

Anyway, there is a cheaper all round option at least.
But I may be mistaken about that on reflection. In fact I'm sure I have got that wrong. A few weeks back I knocked up a mock order from Newvape for SH set, bowl, round stand, enail handle and Showercap.

I actually forgot to add the 10% discount code, and yet together with the vapecode controller from DHgate, customs and shipping included the total was £379.

So you could called it just over 360 for the same package as Vapefiend's kit, with the addition of the stand and debowler on top.

So still a bit cheaper to go to Newvape and DHgate if you can be bothered.

Last edited:

anasrzi

Still not got round to doing double deckers much in my FP, still getting the numbers down....... and then up......... then down again haha, having a great time of it too :D

So far I'm at 600-640f for flower, 600f is best for flavour for me. Using the sapphire dish I've been hitting it from 585-625f. Dabs at the lower end tended to pool but had incredible flavour, minimum for me is 600f and up.

All things being equal I'm angling toward 620f as a preset temp for everything. Everything meaning clouds and flavour are equally as perfect

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
We're not supposed to compare vapes in vape threads I don't think so I'll skip any details and just say I do prefer my glass symphony for flower. Though I have nothing negative to say about how my flower pot performs with flower, they're both absolutely amazing. Also I've never tried the showerhead one, just throwing that out there.

Ofc, ofc, ofc, I've been here long enough, I shoulda known that :)

Thanks for the reply anyway! :)

squigger

Should i get a used NewVape FlowerPot 20mm Sic wrap around set or wait until there's a new bowl. How much weed can the sic thing fit? I have a MIlaana and I am getting my evo back Thanksgiving. I live in a dorm suite so its kinda risky but I don't really want to pay full price if something better than the shower head comes out but if the bottom part of the flower pot dosent change much I can just get a better bowl when like a new flower bowl comes out.

squigger,
Top Bottom