Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
The guy with the bloody axe in the bushes?

Explain your bowl connection, sir! :)

Ignore the bloody axe, them chickens was alive when I left, ah tell ya! :D

Bowl connection:

14mm Female FP bowl
14mm-18mm ball type M-M adapter joint
Wad of degummed hemp fiber for particulate filtration and vapable reclaim
18mm Keck Clip, X-Acto modified to fit huge TAG pipe inlet

Any questions? :D

biohacker

I'm excited to see what the FP grows into a year's time from now.. don't see myself buying any other desktop anytime soon since the guys at NV keep releasing upgrades for the FP :brow:

No kidding, especially with a glass bowl! Nice to see the thread back where it should be! :rockon:

740f success! LOVING these higher temp EFFECTS! And my abv is even lighter than when I was in the 600's with just a slightly faster draw.

lazylathe

Almost there...
@biohacker

That was using the Supreme V3 which was mixed conduction/convection.
It was perfect for that WT.

I went back to the RooR again after the first bowl... Ergonomics are not great and i hate picking it up to hit!

Also need to modify the angle of the Roor neck...
For some reason the FP really milks the big RooR but not the smaller WT.

Not much to say tonight...except....

#flowerpotnation

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
here's an idea from Justin (head newVape cnc milling programer) of an adjustable bowl open for review and discussion. Please consider that even with 18mm there are many variables with hand blown glass.
The idea is to have the bowl sit on top of the glass not on the taper but still have a quality fit.
This should allow the customer to dial in the unique connection between the flowerpot and glass and eliminate the sticking from thermal expansion.

adjustable_bowl_concept.jpg

adjustable_bowl.jpg

@Chicken #420 what's your thoughts on this 2 piece bowl adjustable to sit on top of the glass joint so not to be affected by the thermal expansion. held in place by tightening the handle.

installation instructions
1) wrap 18mm titanium adapter joint with one wrap of scotch tape (.002")
2) install 18mm adapter into rig's 18mm joint.
3) Slide bowl down to top of glass rig
4) Tighten with handle.
5) Remove tape

Suddenly your flowerpot bowl is perfectly sized with .002" per side of thermal expansion clearance for that unique rig. Once the initial setup is made it won't need to be ever loosened until moved to another rig.

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Christ, dabs at any temp other than high temp make me cough like fuck. Thankfully I like the high temp dabs but I cant do flower so easily at high temps. Bizarre. My lungs are a pair of idiots.

I'm going to have to see if theres a low temp point I can dab at that doesnt make me cough.

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
@Chicken #420 what's your thoughts on this 2 piece bowl adjustable to sit on top of the glass joint so not to be affected by the thermal expansion. held in place by tightening the handle.

I love the concept.

I would love it even MORE if you could figure out a similar "sliding/pinched" design for the screen carrier too, so as to avoid the extra screen groove cuts and fiddling with ledges that catch your screen all the way down while you are trying to get it to one of the bottom grooves, or level it in a middle groove. That's been my main objection to the "Party Bowl" concept all along. I took my 14mm male bowl and modified it with multiple screen grooves, making a prototype "party bowl" with 0.050" spaced grooves, and I verified that it is somewhat of a pain to deal with.

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
I love the concept.

I would love it even MORE if you could figure out a similar "sliding/pinched" design for the screen carrier too, so as to avoid the extra screen groove cuts and fiddling with ledges that catch your screen all the way down while you are trying to get it to one of the bottom grooves, or level it in a middle groove. That's been my main objection to the "Party Bowl" concept all along. I took my 14mm male bowl and modified it with multiple screen grooves, making a prototype "party bowl" with 0.050" spaced grooves, and I verified that it is somewhat of a pain to deal with.

that's a great idea @Chicken #420

on today's bowls being sold.
use 2 of these clips to position the screen anywhere you want without groves.
https://www.mcmaster.com/#91580a181/=19uvdhh

Last edited:

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
EQ4yRRqf_e9NdjgF0Y5JHb3n9RX4aL1J0cE8LfsmFFAKSndF2E-ogeC9rjzkoeaE-zBJ-JlSru1KhbveBaHouZdp-HLq1HYsAK9tlKt-5fgSyHfvwzYx5SVZiPlxEc6dUO-rH6GYzjgvHrO9ozEA4uV1_bxd06HpTiipPeXj_exk4LitIrVO6WoNFj2TYnnFPT5xz-hhvS6A70eSOlYa8gXmnzD9uCoC84q_D_W4TFuQffuVLFI-9cBPfaVsBc9qVmEyRdg4Cnpj9FAg_TnxHAj_GC7Ql3UtpLtj_NWLJCzzpvRsH7lQ0p9qK5WgZ3kpK6pjFjAz4FrWc25mG2r4BE4chTtU9_HchSsJfETJtkbm9Vm1P5U4lQCvGD3MN9ndAeo5RilkjfFU5hbfEAkO3hbzr1s5M56WTEgyKLde45DGcuIcdX5o2DDpNA24A80NPM2gf02oNo6ZsFvIw4vZD8rMta2ljNzRLbjpYTDmRip0Rs1nYlEMVCeS_-vz6J5PZGfXCcrd3A-QBKJeAl6tgdtwLySid62kqBW9-doXecbAjzFV9ggI-hrZ7i-iVVDLCq1IjgO1kaCBnCUqFec3-TZIwH1ymtRqBDTTCYOgvw=w463-h617-no

Enjoying the Flowerpot so much this weekend, I have decided to buy the MiniNail Micro when they have their next sale just so i can run the Flowerpot and Liger at the same time. The down time between switching coils and heat up was killing me. At first, i thought i liked the Liger much more but its a 50/50 with this Flowerpot.

Friday I will be ordering the Flower pot Tray Base & Lid cuz (I love the hemp wick) so I can put this coffee mug to rest. And probably the Newvape Dabber Stand with shovel, scoop and Disk Cutter window. Or if the New Ti carb cap is available Friday, I will also get Newvape Shower Head + Coil Nut + New Name Ti Carb Cap.

I am spending all my money on Vaping toys!!! But this is so exciting like a hobby!

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I just inked a deal with Bradley Miller for the development of a GLASS flowerpot 18mm bowl with handle that uses a 3/4" screen. Please check out his work when you have a moment. newVape's been machining his dials for his buckets for a while and we have a great working relationship. https://neglassart.com/
Between the glass, and adjustable titanium bowls, i'm confident sticking bowls will soon be a thing of the past for the flowerpot.

Amen. Glass bowl is fucking AWESOME.

Interested to see how the new Ti bowl works out. The concept is really good, will be happy if it works as planned.

Will those just be offered in 18mm male to accommodate the process?

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I'm going to do another test, but just to throw it out there, I believe the upside down coil cover, while it works, is not proper! Seems I am getting denser vapor with it setup correctly. I can't believe I let you all down with this hype and the damn thing was put together incorrectly. I was never good at reading instructions :doh:

lazylathe

Almost there...
:D

Theres a clear lesson here, not sure what it is tho... :)

I think the lesson is, no matter which way you assemble your Flower Pot it will annihilate you!
It will semi-retire most of your vapes, so be careful before purchasing.
Known to cure VAS, except for more New Vape gear!
Known to flare up GAS, green slyme for some...

Sorry what was the question again...

(lets call it the "Titanium Bone of Contention!):lmao:

Tuck

I just inked a deal with Bradley Miller for the development of a GLASS flowerpot 18mm bowl with handle that uses a 3/4" screen. Please check out his work when you have a moment. newVape's been machining his dials for his buckets for a while and we have a great working relationship. https://neglassart.com/
Between the glass, and adjustable titanium bowls, i'm confident sticking bowls will soon be a thing of the past for the flowerpot.

He seems a little proud of his work. ($75 for a glass dab tool lol) There's lots of glassblowers in FL. I'd shop around a bit more.

Alexis

I think the lesson is, no matter which way you assemble your Flower Pot it will annihilate you!
It will semi-retire most of your vapes, so be careful before purchasing.
Known to cure VAS, except for more New Vape gear!
Known to flare up GAS, green slyme for some...

Sorry what was the question again...

(lets call it the "Titanium Bone of Contention!):lmao:
Lazy I want to tell you that it was yourself actually MOST of all, whenever I was convincing myself to opt for the Herbo Ti or consider the Symphony, I would feel like I had convinced myself, ready to put the matter to bed...

And then it was like when you keep almost getting to sleep and you suddenly wide wake again as "that thing" jolts you back onto consciousness- usually a bad thing that won't let your mind rest!

But it was my own ability to logically deduce what was CLEARLY the superior overall vaporizer out of the 3, based on your own emphatic and valued testimonies.

At the back of my mind, you were there all the time, like a voice saying that the Flowerpot is just a clear cut above! And how could I plan my future paradise on that nice, but not the best, island over there.

I mean, how could I. I just couldn't get that image out of my head of you loving your flowerpot to bits so much everyday.
So that's all, but you really were my barometer in the background. Every time I tried to fool myself you brought me back down to earth with a bump, until I eventually admitted, with the cumulative help of many others, that it has to be the Flowerpot on my radar. Not to take anything away from all of the other fantastic members in this thread, who I have equal respect and appreciation for.

Thank you so much bro for being such a solid, reliable and trustworthy...lost for the right phrase... but I hope you get my meaning and appreictae how firm a cornerstone your contributions and opinions are, from almost as objective a position as possible.:tup:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
2nd round with it setup right and seems to me to be giving better hits. It's not night and day difference, but it's also not marginal. This time I did 2x smaller bowls and got em vaped right up using my same method in about 2 good rips at 660F. I'll do a double decker tonight and see how the dab works as @NewVape710 suggested the delta between the coil and dish may change. @lazylathe couldn't agree more. Luckily I dont have GAS problems!

Top Bottom