Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Danksta

I think the sticking might have more to do with reclaim than heat. I've found if I keep the base clean (I qtip it daily) along with the glass I use, it sticks less often. If I let it go more than a day it builds up a decent amount of reclaim.

Justpassedu

@psychonaut , @jardri , @emmdeemo , @invertedisdead , @Danksta , @DrRishi , @Justpassedu , @biohacker @muunch thanks so much guys for showing again what a brilliantly friendly and helpful thread this really is with such generous and sound advice!:tup:

You have completely allayed my very minor concerns, and actually everything you have said is kind of what I thought, I just wanted to check that was all to make sure my reasoning was correct. I certainly won't be concerned about not getting the most out of my medicine if I am to be a future flowerpot owner, and I really think I need to be, I certainly want to!

Back on the subject briefly of holding vapor in though- quite a contentious and controversial matter which has been debated back and forth all over this forum with many contrasting views.

I think it is important for this arguments to make a clear distinction between the studies done on smoke inhalation, and vapor. There is no question that holding in smoke is going to be harmful, and I am happy to accept that there is no real benefit of increased absorption of actives past a few seconds.

But this has certainly not, as far as I'm aware, been proven to be the case for vapor also. I for one have no question in my mind that holding my hits in for slightly longer, and I'm only talking 5 to 10 seconds maximum, substantially increases the effects I get. I have been rationing my meds for the last 10 years and there has always been an unquestionable correlation between exhaling more quickly and getting less effect, and going through a lot more herb.

I'm not saying that's there is not a slight elements of harm from holding vapor in for longer. I mean I would rather not, but there can't be much difference between taking more hits and exhaling sooner, and taking less hits and holding slightly longer.

Not wishing to disagree with you @Justpassedu , I have total respect for you and gain a great deal from your wisdom and critique on the forum, I jusy dont think this is so clear cut that's all.

This thread has clearly attracted multiple members with a very high level of experience and wisdom on all things vape, and such an excellent warm vibe on top. More and more I am believing in this device being the right direction for me to be looking in.
Thanks so much guys for all putting up my unusual nature and making me feel welcome here, even appreciated (:uhoh:?)

This is another reason actually why I really have my heart set on this, so that I can particiapte here and continue to gain from all the freeflowing wisdom and pure vibes of fun.
Big love to all!:love:
That's fair Alexis and i was not 100% on the theory just going from what i had heard around being stated so much when the topic has come up but i also appreciate what you and everyone has to say on the forum and i am sure you may have a bit more knowledge in testing this theory now that i know you have been rationing meds. Also off this topic but being you have a medical condition and i am sure you may know this but try some warm water in your glass to help with harshness of vapor or i may have to even recommend a glycerin coil to you and @emmdeemo , i just got this one off dhgate and it seems to definitely help cool the vapor and smooth out my hits - https://www.dhgate.com/product/illa...catcher/393880837.html#s1-0-1b;srp|1276951244

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
That's fair Alexis and i was not 100% on the theory just going from what i had heard around being stated so much when the topic has come up but i also appreciate what you and everyone has to say on the forum and i am sure you may have a bit more knowledge in testing this theory now that i know you have been rationing meds. Also off this topic but being you have a medical condition and i am sure you may know this but try some warm water in your glass to help with harshness of vapor or i may have to even recommend a glycerin coil to you and @emmdeemo , i just got this one off dhgate and it seems to definitely help cool the vapor and smooth out my hits - https://www.dhgate.com/product/illa...catcher/393880837.html#s1-0-1b;srp|1276951244

Warm water is already a go, thanks to this very forum I think. I forget where I pick up some info. I def recommend warm water to those who dont already.

A glycerin coil I've never tried. Always meant too but discarded the notion when the idea of warm water seemed to make sense. I'd def give one a go tho, bookmarked and added to the shopping list, thanks :) Have you used this seller much before?

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@emmdeemo would you say that you taste the terps a bit better with warm water vs room temp or cold? My water used to always be warm before I got the FP due to coil being close to the glass, now it's RT again, around 66F and I kinda feel like the flavor was better with the warm water.

Justpassedu

Warm water is already a go, thanks to this very forum I think. I forget where I pick up some info. I def recommend warm water to those who dont already.

A glycerin coil I've never tried. Always meant too but discarded the notion when the idea of warm water seemed to make sense. I'd def give one a go tho, bookmarked and added to the shopping list, thanks :) Have you used this seller much before?
Yeah warm water is nice , i just feel my glass gets dirtier quicker using it , maybe its all in my head though lol. Well when i was young we used to always put ice in our bongs and it did the trick. I think even Edwyn @NewVape710 occasionally uses ice in his piece. It definitely helps smooth out any harshness. I used this seller 2x with no issues and shipping to the U.S. has been pretty quick , i actually ordered my 3rd piece from them a few days ago so well see how that goes. I kinda stopped ordering from dhgate and favor the American glass now but there was a mobius i wanted and it was just to pricey at the moment for me so i grabbed a copy to try out.

Tuck

I'm in the minority and I realize it condenses the vapor but I like my piece with an ice pinch and filled with ice. I also have an ash catcher that I can fill up with crushed ice and empty easy. Ice cold hits always seemed easier on my asthma. And ice and water dumps easy into an empty cup. And insulated cups make it easy refill. I like crushed ice in the ice catcher but stick to cubes by the ice pinch because its easier to load.

The problem I have with the glycerin coils is they seem like they'd make a great mouthpiece but the effect seems lost right by the heat source. I bought the saturn tamer from 7th floor years ago when I ordered my LSV and it mostly languishes in my freezer. It might work better behind that Ice Catcher for a double dose of cooling before it hits the perc and then hits the ice behind the pinch.

The other problem I have with glycerin coils is that after a session, I sometimes forget to take it and put it back in the freezer. The next session, its worthless after sitting out for a couple of hours.

If you do use a glyercin coil, get a beer coozie to help keep it cold and make it easier to handle.

The modular bong version glycerin coils allow for the mouth piece idea, but pieces with ice pinches are cheaper, so I've never invested my time or money in them.

Last edited:

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
With warm water, you are going to get better solubility of the water soluble molecules carried in the vapor. As solvent (water) temperature rises, the quantity of material it is capable of dissolving into solution will generally increase. This is probably why warm water hits taste smoother... more harsh water soluble substances are dissolving into the water instead of making it to the mouthpiece.

This effect would also increase dissolved matter in the water, bearing out Justpassedu's observation that the water gets dirtier faster. I have noticed the same thing.

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
@emmdeemo would you say that you taste the terps a bit better with warm water vs room temp or cold? My water used to always be warm before I got the FP due to coil being close to the glass, now it's RT again, around 66F and I kinda feel like the flavor was better with the warm water.

I'm not the best to ask atm, I havent cleaned my D020 since this video about a month ago, and I hadnt cleaned for a month or so previously. I refuse to feel SHAME about it :)

Showerhead at 740f with keif and rosin dab.

Daily hot water changes for a reclaim harvest :) I'll resume proper cleaning soon enough :) I reject any judging!*

*Clearly I do feel shame about it :)

With warm water, you are going to get better solubility of the water soluble molecules carried in the vapor. As solvent (water) temperature rises, the quantity of material it is capable of dissolving into solution will generally increase. This is probably why warm water hits taste smoother... more harsh water soluble substances are dissolving into the water instead of making it to the mouthpiece.

This effect would also increase dissolved matter in the water, bearing out Justpassedu's observation that the water gets dirtier faster. I have noticed the same thing.

Fascinating. I shall ponder this.

Last edited:

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
she's alive

UbtRf4b.jpg

Last edited:

Alexis

Thanks a lot for the link on the glycerin cooling device, I saw it in your video and looked them up. I will definitely be considering this, in due order. The SH setup is first priority, but it REALLY should be the new cooker me and my mum could do with! :lol:

Not funny really, the guilt I have to contest with over my sometimes very selfish vape expenditure! However vaporizers is the only leaisure and "recreational";) activity I spend any money on.
Every other penny goes towards sensible, moderate, balanced, and carefully planned, health oriented living. My mum and I use our income selflessly to keep me, her and our lovely dog in the best shape possible, for the least money, not living above our means.

We buy everything for the best deals, like bigger amounts for less etc, always thinking in advance. Food, supplements etc. It is amazing what we get from our money- a pension and low sickness benefit. All my friends earn 2-4 times our TOTAL household income, and they have NEVER got any money, or anything to even show for their money!

In fact, they usually always owe me money!:lol: And they don't have any health costs either, people just seem to be very adept generally at getting nothing in return for money.

My mum and me, we always have money, and a house full of food and supplements, just by being clever, disciplined and diligent about how we spend it.

A BIG however- I haven't bought weed for years. If I was buying my weed- well, I just couldn't afford it, plain and simple.

Sorry- back on the Glycerin cooler @Justpassedu . It looks very "cool". I hope we hear more impressions of it. I will try and find out more, I wonder how long they have been around.

Justpassedu

https://imgur.com/a/xti0H

I'm not having any luck posting this photo
xti0H
with imgur

Is there another quick and easy upload program that others prefer?
Imgur is all i know now , you want to use the actual website and not the app , copy the direct link , than click on the image picture thing on fc and insert that direct link . Have to make sure you are using the file that says direct link.

biohacker

Been putting the SH through its paces... not really reaching for the showercap. Tried it without turning it and had uneven roast/hot spot. @ichibaneye I thought we didn't need to turn for herb? :shrug:

So just finished high temp testing at 850! Using about .1g-ish, and one short cloud. I feel like I can hit any temp on the dial (up to 850 so far) and get a great hit now just based on feedback from the water tool. It's all in the breath control with this one. The flavours i'm experiencing are just awesome!

LOVING the EFFECTS at this temp!!! WOW!!!

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I just got a package from @NewVape710 for the parts missing from my original order. Holy shit, they hooked me up to make up for an honest mistake (system related btw) on their part. I got some really cool extras that I will be utilizing extensively.

Thanks, Edwyn! You guys rock. :rockon:

This is my happy dance:
QkDUaGe.gif

:peace:

Danksta

Just attempted a double decker at 575 with the SC. I loaded a small bowl, just enough for one good hit and it timed perfectly with the dab of rosin I used. I freaking love this thing! I wasn't sure if DD's would work at these low temps. They do and they taste pretty good. Talk about modulation...

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Been putting the SH through its paces... not really reaching for the showercap. Tried it without turning it and had uneven roast/hot spot. @ichibaneye I thought we didn't need to turn for herb? :shrug:

So just finished high temp testing at 850! Using about .1g-ish, and one short cloud. I feel like I can hit any temp on the dial (up to 850 so far) and get a great hit now just based on feedback from the water tool. It's all in the breath control with this one. The flavours i'm experiencing are just awesome!

LOVING the EFFECTS at this temp!!! WOW!!!

I never spin the sc for herb, only for dabs (I'm not sure I see any logic behind spinning the carb cap for herb), but up at those temps, I also wouldnt cap for herb either.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Anybody else find anything better or more comprehensive?

Not much, and I'm a bit late, but found this:

However, the effectiveness of breath-
holding with 3.55% THC potency cigarettes appears to be lim-
ited. After puffing the cigarette, a 20 s hold did not increase
plasma concentrations significantly over a 10 s hold (27)

from here: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/prm/2005/242516/abs/

which is actually just a reference to here: https: //www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7853169

Uses smoking and is older but, plasma concentration and 20second(!) hold seem pretty reliable to me... If only they measured immediate exhale, 5s, 10s AND 20s... oh well...

I don't bother holding anything in for more than a few seconds. If I want hypoxia I'll stick my head out of a fast-moving car. Much more fun that way.

I'll keep looking- I have access to most of the articles so maybe I can find something decent... doubt it though.

ALSO. Look at the THC % of those herbal jazz cigarettes. What a fucking bummer that must have been.

Last edited:
Top Bottom