Cannabee E-joint

Chrispy3

As a MMJ patient in california, I was able to get my hands on one of the new e-joints by cannabee. It's slightly different than the other vaporizers on this site, but not combustion. It works by using cartridges of 100% natural vegetable based glycerin saturated with THC/cannabinoids, and an atomizer to vaporize the solution.

I have only had it a for a day now, but some things I would like to comment on are :
- You can get tons of "smoke" (water vapor) from these things, more than with any other vaporizer.
- The taste is pretty bland/tasteless, doesn't really taste that great, and the exhaled vapor is virtually odorless and dissipates in seconds, and since it's not actual smoke you could definitely get away with using this virtually anywhere :D
- Though it is a claimed to be a much healthier alternative to smoking, no long term studies have been done on the effects of e-cigs and inhaling glycerin based water vapor. For more info on this http://www.fivestarecigsblog.com/2010/11/24/propylene-glycol-vapor-safe/ is an interesting read, and we can conclude that it probably is safe.
- While using this, I notice that it takes quite a while (5-10) minutes to feel the effects, such that I could smoke it for a few minutes and not feel anything for a few minutes after finishing my session. This is similar to most vaporizer's for me, as they are usually a slow onset.

If you have any questions please ask and I will do my best to respond, and if you are lucky enough to get your hands on one of these, share your experience / comments!

Chrispy3,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi,

Thanks for that input! :cool:

Voltage would be the 1st parameter i'd want to ask about for this type of device but i bet it's pretty easy to guess for those who are familiar with such products.

:peace:

Egzoset,

DubCRider

You are vaporizing cotton, unless they have done something different then iVapor and the like.

DubCRider,

Chrispy3

DubCRider said:
You are vaporizing cotton, unless they have done something different then iVapor and the like.
I cannot actually see the inside of the cartridge since with the e-join the atomizers are built in to the cartridge - you use a new atomizer with each cartridge - but I did own an e-cig before this, and to say you are "vaporizing cotton" is a bit misleading. Inside my e-cig was some sort of cotton-like material that was soaked in the e-liquid ( which is some form of glycerin based liquid, generally 90% Propylene Glycol, or in this case with the e-joint Vegetable Glycerin). It seemed to work by the atomizer ( which I believe to be essentially a heating element) heating up while in contact, or basically just jammed into the wet cotton, and heating up the liquid to a vapor. The cotton is just there to hold the liquid -- you aren't "vaporizing cotton" :p

Chrispy3,

DubCRider

Take 30 hits and open up a cart, if it has cotton inside the cotton will be burnt. Take a look for yourself! If not after 30 at least pull it apart when you are done and look. It's the same problem One Love, iVapor, Gentlemans Stick, and all the other VG/PG vape pen companys have.

DubCRider,

Chrispy3

DubCRider said:
Take 30 hits and open up a cart, if it has cotton inside the cotton will be burnt. Take a look for yourself! If not after 30 at least pull it apart when you are done and look. It's the same problem One Love, iVapor, Gentlemans Stick, and all the other VG/PG vape pen companys have.
I just took apart one of my cartridges and can confirm that there is cotton in there. I wonder what kind of adverse health effects this could cause ? :o

Chrispy3,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
That is a standard type of ecig, the heating element doesn't get hot enough for the cotton or polyfill to be a problem. That is also why the ecigs only work with liquid that already has been decarbed or 'activated'

Meh.. I have tried the VG solutions in ecig applications. You have to puff way too much for them to be worthwhile IMHO. You're much better off just ingesting the VG tincture :D Just my 2cents.

Lo,

DubCRider

Lo, ever use the iVapor long enough to kill a cart? I can assure you all the E-Joints on the market burn the cotton, just open one up. Get a cottonless cart and fill it with pure oils/wax/putty, that's what I do with my Omicron.

DubCRider,

Lo

lol.. Yeah I avoided cartomizers for a long time after seeing the filling get burnt on the older style cartos but that really only happens if the carto is burned without enough liquid in it.

I've been using a carto in a homemade ghetto tank and no burning at all even after using the same cartomizer for a week in it. I've been sent a gazillion cartomizers over the last couple years and usually I just give them away but now putting them into a tank where they STAY wet... seems to be game changing IMHO.

Seems like a lot of these crossover ecigs for MMJ are sprouting up and I can't help but be skeptical personally having spent a lot of time playing with the idea myself.

Lo,

DubCRider

I'm with you on that! I'm not going to dip a cotton ball in oil and pack it in a pipe and I'm sure as hell not going to squirt VG/PG all over my meds either. It's like not taking your herb out of the bag before you smoke it!

E-Cig is different than E-Jay in my book. As you know from experience mixing an e-jay tincture is tough and never potent. Buying those is like buying bottom shelf meds but worse!

DubCRider,

Lo

Actually some ecig users were using organic cotton to soak in eliquid to use in the Iolite. From the research it seems that the organic cotton/PG/VG/ETC are safe at the temps the IO reaches. I also tried putting the liquid on some herbs and using in the IO. While it does work - the taste was just awful so after trying it - I discarded the idea :)

Lo,
Top Bottom