Can you vape like people smoke crack? Ubie questions too..

Ok this might be a really silly question. I use the herbal air to vap and have used the volcano occasionally at a mates place but I ask you, can you vaporize using anything as long as the flame does not come in direct contact with the pot? Like can you use tinfoil or a spoon? i gather you will look mighty sketch but just for portability it would be nice. I read about the Ubie... but I almost don't want to spend 20 bucks for something if i can just buy a cheep 5 dollar glass pipe or something and heat the bottom of the pipe with a lighter ... Also with the Ubie you can not put the flame directly on it and I am not sure why.

ponyexpressway,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
These questions do not belong in the Vaporizer Discussion forum. They belong in the Ask FC forum which is where I have moved them.

If you hover your cursor over the specific forum titles, you will see what posts belong in them. For example, Vaporizer Discussion is for vape specific posts. If you look at the thread titles within the forum, each one is a vaporizer. Please take a little care when posting to make sure you are posting in the right section. ;)

These questions do not belong in the Vaporizer Discussion forum. They belong in the Ask FC forum which is where I have moved them.

If you hover your cursor over the specific forum titles, you will see what posts belong in them. For example, Vaporizer Discussion is for vape specific posts. If you look at the thread titles within the forum, each one is a vaporizer. Please take a little care when posting to make sure you are posting in the right section. ;)
oh sorry! I thought i had to post here first for some reason. I tried to post it there but it was telling me to put in a recipient... thank you!

ponyexpressway,
th
I would think the method should work much better with concentrates like in the Eclipse vape: http://www.amazon.com/ESSENTIAL-ECLIPSE-LIFETIME-WARRANTY-ACCESSORIES/dp/B0058P6SA8

But this sprung to mind from your title: http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/eagle-bill-s-shake-and-vap-pipe.html

(You heat the bottom with your bud inside, air comes in through the screen on top)
Thanks a lot! I will check those out right now. have you personally used them or heard great things?

ponyexpressway,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
you can vape with anything that holds the herb and where you can apply the correct (fairly low) temperature. The temp i use most is 379°F. BIC flame is around 1000°F. Controlling the temperature can be tricky with a BIC. Other substances may not be so critical.

Tha
you can vape with anything that holds the herb and where you can apply the correct (fairly low) temperature. The temp i use most is 379°F. BIC flame is around 1000°F. Controlling the temperature can be tricky with a BIC. Other substances may not be so critical.
Thanks! that is great... I will def. try to find something. I also have a thermometer although I will have to see how high it goes... I gather it will not go to 300 degrees. So a glass pipe if i heat it from the bottom should do the trick? I notice a lot of these portable vapes are cheep but need a lot of parts replacing,
like filters etc.:leaf::clap:

ponyexpressway,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
when i first looked for a digital kitchen thermometer (several years ago) they topped out at 300°F. Now days they are BBQ thermometers and can typically go to 570°F -- same price, about $15 at Target or Amazon.

Hippie Dickie,
ha
when i first looked for a digital kitchen thermometer (several years ago) they topped out at 300°F. Now days they are BBQ thermometers and can typically go to 570°F -- same price, about $15 at Target or Amazon.
having said that, you have brought up the point as to why do these vaporizers with the actual thermometers cost so darn much!

ponyexpressway,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
from my experience, and in my opinion, it is worthwhile to have a thermometer. it's even better when the vape can read the thermometer and maintain a consistent temperature. so high price is relative. and it presents a market opportunity.

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I can think of three types of flame powered vapes:

Lightbulb vapes (ubie, homemade, etc):
The most primitive flame-powered vapes i know. Make one can cost me like a dollar (lightbulb). Mj is placed in glass bulb. The bulb is sealed with air intake and mouthpiece. You heat it with flame and it can vape. But also it is extremely easy to combust with this. Temperature is very unstable with these. They can vape well crystals of anything (especially if it smells bad so you can save your expensive vape from getting stinky using a lightbulb), not very good with mj. They are fragile and are hot to touch during/after use. Cooldowns quickly.

Filter vapes (Vaporgenies etc):
The look like hand pipes. On top of the bowl they also have a special filter that you draw flame through that stabilize the heat and lowers it to vaping range. Also filters out nasties from the flame. Also possible to combust with these. I haven't ever tried a vape of this type, but a lot of people love them.

Exchanger vapes (Supreme, gnome, celtic vapo etc):
Also haven't tried. I think that temperature stabilization is best in these and is hard/impossible to combust. They can hit powerfully (big exchanger -> huge hits). Cons are that there is exposed hot metal and they take long time to heat up (lighter killer) and cool-down (can't put it in your pocket immediately).

djonkoman

my first vaporexperience was with a testtube and a candle, I had read about vaporizersand had some testtubes laying around so decided to expriment a bit. good taste but only a little visible vapor a few times, but it did convince me to get a vaporizer. got a VG as my first, wich is still my portable

djonkoman,
ponyexpressway,

Maybe check out the Gnome vapes thread in the vaporizer discussion forum. They're glass pipes intended to be used as portable vapes. I believe you need a butane torch instead of a standard BIC lighter though.

OKcomputer,

max

Out to lunch
im
hahaha!! im a girl btw lol...;)
Girls/women on vapor forums are very much outnumbered by guys, so unless you have a feminine user name (too late for that) or user title, you can expect to be perceived as a male each and every time you post. You could add something, as a hint, in your signature though.

i blaze with herbal air!
And speaking of labels, since 'blaze' is a smoke term, your sig will label you as a vapor newbie. ;)

max,
Reactions: Vicki

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations PonyExpressWay,

...can you vaporize using anything as long as the flame does not come in direct contact with the pot?

Since in your initial post fire was involved (as in the Ubie) then i'd join Hippie Dickie and simply argue that the trick would be to control temperature. My little experiment shown below didn't depend on fire and it cost more than 5 $ anyway but i found it can be quite difficult to vaporize while simultaneously trying to avoid combustion, even when the heat source seems as stable as the one on this photograph:

The VaporGenie Bat would get my preferance over an Ubie but butane flame generates water vapor which adds to the moisture already present in the vaporization bowl... My guess is that this aspect too might prove to become tricky at times. So, a Vaponics/VapBong wouldn't come cheap but there's no moisture added - don't ask me how hard it is to manage temperature while using that one though.

:ninja:

Egzoset,
Girls/women on vapor forums are very much outnumbered by guys, so unless you have a feminine user name (too late for that) or user title, you can expect to be perceived as a male each and every time you post. You could add something, as a hint, in your signature though.

And speaking of labels, since 'blaze' is a smoke term, your sig will label you as a vapor newbie. ;)
haha thanks!! yes i am also a vapour newbie! well a year now but I smoked before... I used the term blaze as a catch all I guess :)

ponyexpressway,
Salutations PonyExpressWay,

Since in your initial post fire was involved (as in the Ubie) then i'd join Hippie Dickie and simply argue that the trick would be to control temperature. My little experiment shown below didn't depend on fire and it cost more than 5 $ anyway but i found it can be quite difficult to vaporize while simultaneously trying to avoid combustion, even when the heat source seems as stable as the one on this photograph:

The VaporGenie Bat would get my preferance over an Ubie but butane flame generates water vapor which adds to the moisture already present in the vaporization bowl... My guess is that this aspect too might prove to become tricky at times. So, a Vaponics/VapBong wouldn't come cheap but there's no moisture added - don't ask me how hard it is to manage temperature while using that one though.

:ninja:
Wow thanks for showing me. I have asthma so I could not have any combustion. I guess I have to stick to a high end vaporizer that has the heat stabilization like an iolite or skyla. Has anyone tried the skyla? its much cheeper than the iolite. The iolite came out with some really cool colours tho..:)

ponyexpressway,
Well change that sucker to "i vape with herbal air!" :lol:

Good to see another woman here! ;)
haha thats so funny I just literally changed it to vape and then read your comment. Yay! Ya I wonder why its mostly men. I have a legal card and the other person I know that does is also a female.

t
ponyexpressway,

Maybe check out the Gnome vapes thread in the vaporizer discussion forum. They're glass pipes intended to be used as portable vapes. I believe you need a butane torch instead of a standard BIC lighter though.
Thanks! So would that make it a lot easier to keep a set temperature? My concern now is combustion.
I will check this out though!

I just want to say that everyone here is so nice. I have joined other internet forums and I have had a lot of people be nasty or crazy! Maybe its the pot or you guys just rock! lol!!!
:)

After seeing this video, I was kind of wondering if you could vape it like crack.
that video is so funny cause i was thinking to get a pipe and do the exact same thing.. but then when i realized how small the hole is in the glass pipes i figured it would be really really hard to get enough heat up there... i could be wrong tho haha.. I'm surprised this guy got any smoke:mflb:

ponyexpressway,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Oh hon..... have you read the rules? We have one guideline in particular that I wanted to point out:

"Please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located near the lower right of your posts." I've consolidated your posts for you. You have six hours to edit a post before your edit button disappears. ;)

I just want to say that everyone here is so nice. I have joined other internet forums and I have had a lot of people be nasty or crazy! Maybe its the pot or you guys just rock! lol!!!
:)

Lol, believe me; we have our share of crazy here! Glad you've found us friendly. :D

momofthegoons,
Top Bottom