Buying First Vape: Solo vs Extreme Q

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys
Ive been reading this forum for the past week or so for info and its down to Extreme Q vs Solo. I know they have diff purposes but if you were going to go with only one which one would you choose. Thanks in advance for any serious input guys.

As the title says this will be the first vape ive actually purchased. I have uses for both of them I like the Q because it does bag and whip and i see it being a better party vape. That being said I do go up to the mountains and goof off every now and then so having a portable vape would be dope too. So i have uses for what both of them are designed for so im not worried about getting the proper one for my uses cause they both appeal to me just wanting to hear your input on these two products thanks again guys!

smartwentcrazy,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I have both, and IMO, it really depends on how you want to use your vape.

I almost never use my extreme q, but that's because I have an ssv for vape-bonging, and I'm not the biggest fan of the bags I get out of it...

I often use my solo, either when I'm in bed, or when I go to a friends place and it isn't practical to bring the ssv.

An issue you may encounter with the solo is battery life.
I personally seem to get about 6-7 cycles out of my solo per charge (approximately, I don't let the battery fully wear down), so that may not be for you if you want to be hitting something all day, every day.

What do you anticipate your usage patterns to be?
Have you tried any/many other vapes?

Answers to those questions would probably help to give you a bit better of an answer.

IMO, I would go with the solo if I could only have 1 of the two in my collection.
Just my :2c:

Frederick McGuire,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I have both, and if I had to choose only one, I'd go with the Solo. It's portability is a big plus, and you don't really give up anything in terms of vapor production. They both do a fine job in that regard. The only downside in my opinion is the taste. The EQ wins in that department by a longshot.

:2c:

Stu,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Agree with the other 2 guys. Still love my EQ 4.0 for blowing bags and home use when I know I have time to warm it up. The solo gets rid of the warm up time issue and still produces mean vapor hits. I seldomly use my EQ 4.0 lately but still love it. Pick one of the two: Solo for sure.

ru_frothi,

weedemon

enthusiast
I think you need to ask yourself, what do you want it for the most? there are different vapes that a great for different situations. I know you said you have uses for both types of vapoizer so that makes it harder. I assume you are not going to be in the mountains more than you will be correct? based on that i'd get the desktop vape. but personally that desktop vape would not be the EQ. I'd take the SSV over it.

Hard hitting multi functional party vape vs portable with a glass delivery path? both are very different packages and have their own limitations as a result.

to wrap it up I'd say plan on eventually on buying both!

I want a solo personally so that's what I would get for me :D

weedemon,

max

Out to lunch
weedemon said:
I think you need to ask yourself, what do you want it for the most?
I agree that this is key. OP, your question is like asking whether you should buy a sports car or an SUV. The Extreme should be compared to other home units, dual mode or not, and the Solo to other portables. That said, the Solo will function just fine as a home or portable unit, and as long as you don't need 'pocket portable stealth', it should meet your portable needs just fine, and give good service as a home unit. I'd probably get that model, then give some more thought as to whether you really want a dual mode vape, or maybe a top rate whip only unit instead.

max,

Bouldorado

I'd get the EQ. never hit a solo, but at one time I had a mflb as my only vape. super nice to walk around the house hitting it, and of course its great outside, but its no comparison at all to a table unit.

Bouldorado,

steiner666

Serial vapist
From what i've seen, it seems like most people who buy a multi-function vape like the EQ tend to stop using the bag modes after after a while, in favor of the more direct delivery methods. I know i was that way with my HA, i ended up only using bags when i was vaping with noobs. But you might be different, who knows.

From what I've read, the solo is easier to use conservatively than the EQ (not having to mess with packing elbows and such), and delivers hits that are just as good, but with the flexibility of doing it on the go.

imo it sounds like you'd be better off with the solo, since you have the need for a portable. I'd just get the adapter to be able to use it in AC mode for at home too.

steiner666,
Thank you everyone for the input ended up going with the Solo after reading everyones comments and watching some youtube reviews. Got it for 189 shipped at puff it up. Hell of a deal compared to most other sites. Now just gotta wait for my doorbell to ring :D

smartwentcrazy,

weedemon

enthusiast
congrats dude :) enjoy the new toy once it arrives. the waiting game is a hard one! :p i know all to well! :p

weedemon,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom