Buying a New Vape. Need advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaaped

Whats up FC! Ive owned my solo for about a year now (first vape) and ive absolutely loved everything about it. The great taste, portability, effiency, and its ability to get me really medicated.
Now im looking to buy a new vape to continue my vaping experience. Im looking for something that plugs into the wall, holds more material for longer sessions (with friends and such), taste better or just as good as the solo, and most importantly delivers thick dense hits.
I ocassionaly vape through water but the majority of the time its dry.

Ive narrowed my decision down to the following vapes
The da buddha
The LSV
Extreme q
Vapolution

Ive read good things about all of these vapes but im wondering what FC Has to say about these choices. I appreciate any responses and if you have any questions feel free to ask

Vaaped,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I'd go with the LSV, hits are thick and the transfer wand delivers fine dry hits and you can connect it easily through water... I just had a session today with 2 friends and the glass wand...it was great.

m0sh,
Reactions: ShipDit

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I have the Q, LSV and VAP2, and used to have an SSV. Cross the Vapolution off your list. I love it to death, but it's not what you want for sharing with a group of friends. You can do it, but the others on your list are better at it. The Q is a good vape, but I never used it again after getting my SSV, so the DBV (similar) beats it here, I think. That leaves the DBV and the LSV, and I think the decision should be based on water. If you are going to use water regularly, and I don't mean all the time, just regularly, then you will love the LSV and probably use water more once you get it. If you prefer dry, I would get the DBV. I actually prefer the LSV, but that's because I almost always use water. I found the LSV to be noticeably harsher when used dry compared to the SSV. If you are sensitive to the heat (try the Solo on 7 to see), you may find a dry LSV to be bothersome.

That's how I'd go about deciding it.

Bouldorado

Another option for a whip-vape is a Vapor Bros. I personally prefer that to either the DBV/SSV

Bouldorado,

Vaaped

Pulled the trigger on the DBV today and went to the local shop to buy one. Had a pretty long session with it and so far im loving it. Is it true that the dials arent calibrated the same on every unit?

Vaaped,
Whats up FC! Ive owned my solo for about a year now (first vape) and ive absolutely loved everything about it. The great taste, portability, effiency, and its ability to get me really medicated.
Now im looking to buy a new vape to continue my vaping experience. Im looking for something that plugs into the wall, holds more material for longer sessions (with friends and such), taste better or just as good as the solo, and most importantly delivers thick dense hits.
I ocassionaly vape through water but the majority of the time its dry.

Ive narrowed my decision down to the following vapes
The da buddha
The LSV
Extreme q
Vapolution

Ive read good things about all of these vapes but im wondering what FC Has to say about these choices. I appreciate any responses and if you have any questions feel free to ask
Hey Vaaped. Its not on your list and I have not tried all the vapes you mentioned but have you considered the Plenty. Excellent hits which are very thick, great to share with friends, plugs into the wall, has a massive chamber and the taste is awesome. Negatives may be the price, efficiency and maybe it isn't as sexy as other vapes (if you know what I mean - no glass, wands, etc.) Just putting it out there man but it does suit your needs.

Actually I just picked up a Solo to compliment it for two main reasons - efficiency and I needed a vape that didn't make so heavily vaked. If you are craving something akin to a bong hit then I am confident in suggesting the Plenty will do the job.

Mr. Gweilo 420,

Vaaped

Ive heard great things about the plenty, would have went that route but I was on a budget.

Vaaped,
Hey just saw you went with the DBV. I'm sure it will be a great purchase for you :brow:

To be honest I'm on a bit of a mission to convince people that the Plenty is awesome. The price is obviously an issue and I can certainly understand it being a deterent to purchasing it.

I usually vape alone :( but the couple of times I have shared the Plenty I was very proud of its performance.

Anyway congratulations on your new vape and I hope you enjoy it :ko:

Mr. Gweilo 420,

m0sh

^^^ I heard that you need to use 0.5g for a session with the plenty or use a liquid pad...plus the design is awkward a bit.

m0sh,
Hey Mosh - there seems to be a lot of misinformation around regarding the Plenty. There is no need for 0.5 although it would vape up very nicely. To be honest I only just got myself some electronic scales a few days ago. I find that for one person .2 will do just fine. You could use less. That amount will get you 4-5 nice draws and maybe another 3 slightly less dense draws.

Regarding the liquid pad - yes you do need to use it. It seems some people hate it but it doesn't bother me. It just keeps everything packed tightly and evenly and helps produce better vapour.

Again I can see why people say it is awkward but I find it very convenient and user friendly. The big thing is that it doesn't stand up. But it isn't meant to and doesn't need to.

Also keep in mind that my buds are low grade compared to what you guys in the US get. I imagine your vapour production would be even better with higher quality buds.

Mr. Gweilo 420,

m0sh

Hey Mosh - there seems to be a lot of misinformation around regarding the Plenty. There is no need for 0.5 although it would vape up very nicely. To be honest I only just got myself some electronic scales a few days ago. I find that for one person .2 will do just fine. You could use less. That amount will get you 4-5 nice draws and maybe another 3 slightly less dense draws.

Regarding the liquid pad - yes you do need to use it. It seems some people hate it but it doesn't bother me. It just keeps everything packed tightly and evenly and helps produce better vapour.

Again I can see why people say it is awkward but I find it very convenient and user friendly. The big thing is that it doesn't stand up. But it isn't meant to and doesn't need to.

Also keep in mind that my buds are low grade compared to what you guys in the US get. I imagine your vapour production would be even better with higher quality buds.

I'm not from US, altho I do manage to get top quality buds ;)

Liquid pads requirement and the steel whip is a draw back in terms of design...not been able to sit is ok - the LSV doesn't sit as well but feels much nicer laying down next to you in bed for instance, I would say it would be awkward to use water with the plenty and the LSV is so easy too...

I loved whip style vapes but now I realized that I don't need it and the long glass wand is the perfect solution ...

The LSV is not perfect don't get me wrong...it doesn't vape evenly and you can have some bad tasting hits...

max

Out to lunch
thick dense hits
I'm gonna interpret that as also meaning 'big hits', and suggest that you cross off the Extreme (hits aren't as dense) and the Vapo (dense but not big, due to the narrow air path), and you can outdo the DBV, thick and dense wise, with the SSV.

max,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I just took my 5th hit off my .05 gr stem, using the E-nano. Waaay more vapor than imaginable.

I think you might want something like a log vape. Da Budda is highly regarded, if you want it on 24/7, or, as I have, the E-nano, for one that you turn on/off as needed. I think the E-Nano's older brother, from Epic Vape, the... uh, I can't remember... looks like a party-sized one.

Enchantre,

Bouldorado

Why? I always thought the VB design wasn't as nice because of herbs falling into the element.

It's not really an issue if you pack the load down slightly, but I feel the overall vapor quality is better. Just to seems to vape more evenly than the DBV did.

Bouldorado,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom