Buying A New Best Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

rivalZone

I have been a bong smoker since the day I started and love bong hits immensely but lately it has been taking its toll on my lungs. I have wanted a decent vape for a while now but wasnt sure if it would really be worth the $350 for one. I invested in a poorly made and cheap hand-held vape but it broke on my second use. It was just a tease. So I purchased another vape, not a great one but one to see if it was something I want. I now know I want to start vaping.

I have decided that if I am going to want to replace my bong hits I am going to have to get something that does the job very very well.

I was first looking at the Extreme Q because as it is quite cheap compared to most others and has a whole lot of features. Also I was looking at the Silver Surfer vape and DaBuhha vape. But is it really worth forking out the extra $85-$100 for a SSV over the DaBuddha? Is the extra money really accounting for much?

The Extreme Q has a fan whereas the others do not plus a bag. I could see myself using the bag but if it is quite less effective than a whip (the impression I have gotten from reading the forums) then I dont think I would bother with it too much. Thus would that mean the Extreme Q would still be worth it considering I'd only use the whip? Or by that point is it worth going for one of the others?

The SSV while highly recommended still just doesn't "look" quality like the Extreme Q as the SSV simply has a knob and the EQ has a digital display, or does the SSV still hold up fine?

I really want something that is going to last, be very efficient and give me the best vape hits I can get for the money I spent on it.

:peace:

rivalZone,

max

Out to lunch
IMO the best replacement for a bong is the new Vapexhale Cloud, but the pre-order price is gone and $450 for the unit + hydratube is all that's available. Not to mention it's not shipping yet, and it would probably be months before you could get one. Later on, the vape alone (sans hydratube) will be available for those who already have glass they can use, and the price will be nicer for the unit alone.

As for what's currently available and on your list, please be careful with the Extreme, as far as where you buy. There are fakes on the market, and even if you get the real thing, buy it from a source that's not an authorized dealer and your warranty will be compromised.

The SSV while highly recommended still just doesn't "look" quality like the Extreme Q as the SSV simply has a knob and the EQ has a digital display, or does the SSV still hold up fine?
The SSV is more reliable, since it's analog. It has a much longer existence on the market as well. Units have been running non-stop for years at the factory. It's as solid as they come, and if you're looking for a bong type vape, it beats the Extreme for dense hits. It also beats the DBV for dense hits, although to a lesser extent. That's the advantage of the standard connection SSV (SSV with ground glass connection amounts to a different looking DBV). The output hole on the SSV heater cover is much smaller than a GG connection, allowing for a narrowly focused air stream hitting your bowl, thus denser hits (better vapor to air ratio). The downside is that you have to move the wand around a little on the HC during hits, to avoid overcooking one spot in the bowl. The DBV hits are almost as thick, but aside from altering your draw speed, you can't change up the hits since you're locked into a ground glass connection. On the plus side, hits are more predictable and you can leave the whip connected between hits.

If I were you I'd probably go for the DBV at the lesser price and see how it suits you, while checking out the Vapexhale Cloud thread (and youtube vids) to see if you want to move up to a bong type vape with no whip needed. The DBV is in great demand and if you decide to sell it later on, you should have no trouble. Also check our retailer thread for discount codes from some of our recommended dealers.

max,

rivalZone

Wow. The Vapexhale Cloud looks absolutely amazing. If I thought I would ever have $500 to blow on weed let alone a vape. But I would love to some day own something like that, it seems perfect. But seeing as they are not selling them yet, it would probably be a long time before they will become economically available here (Australia).

I have been doing research for a while now and have just been toking on my vape watching the SSV in action and it looks superb. The fact that you can just keep them going forever is amazing. I could just keep it in my room and come in for a toke every now and then and have a still very satisfying (from a heavy smokers perspective) sesh.

I see the SSV as being something I could have for a while and as a replacement that will last. Thank you for your post Max.

rivalZone,

weedemon

enthusiast
First off, welcome to FC!

+1 on the VXC, Im waiting for one too :p for your right now vaping need since you like bongtokes you are gonna want a heavy hitter. of the vapes I own the SSV is the biggest hitter bar none. the DBV is the same heating element in a different case so the main difference as i see it are the thicker hits from standard HC and ability to vape hash in the SSV are the advantages over the DBV. otherwise the DBV is still a kickass unit.

the EQ is a jack of all trades and performs very well, but in each field there is usually a better vape that only does this one task.

check out the "sell your vape" thread in general section some great deals to be had in there.

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=453

post # 6 and 22 are selling and SSV and and EQ respectively

also on ebay you can buy blemished units of the DBV and SSV for a decent savings!

good luck and once you get this you are prolly gonna want a portable vape too, if so check out the mflb.

happy vapin!

*edit oh i see you are australian, you will also need a power converter if you buy a north american designed ssv, (same will go for EQ i imagine, but i don't know for sure.)

weedemon,

max

Out to lunch
You're welcome, and don't give up too soon on the prospect of the Cloud getting out to Aus. They do plan to produce int'l versions, and since the waiting list for int'l buyers will be shorter, it may not be as long as you think. Meanwhile, if the SSV is what you want, some of our recommended dealers (with discount codes) ship overseas, and we also have an Aussie dealer listed here. Don't know if he'll give you an FC discount, but it won't hurt to ask.
http://www.australianvaporizers.com.au/

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2463

max,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Yeah i'd say in terms of something "comparable" to a bong hit on a vape, you would want to go with the VXC (VapeXhaleCloud), yes I know it's been mentioned that it isn't even out yet, but I think that that will be the only one worth your while in terms of that "fat rip." The videos enough are a good justification to drop the reasonable $450 price tag for this revolutionary product that I think will COMPLETELY change the vape market soon. This is unlike any vaporizer out there.

Just my 2 :2c:

Elluzion,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
But also, like was stated here before - The SSV can be a 'right now' kind of vape as well (for the Aussie Market no less)

It has a solid track record, and is still one of my favs to play with. With the water pipe adapter you can vapor-bong all day long (or just stick the tubing in your downstem as many people do)

One of the biggest differences between the SSV and the DBV is the options you have on glass for the SSV. You have 3 different heater cover/wand options as with the DBV you have one. I would fall into the category of 'Not hands free please' :)

Good luck! And welcome to the wonderful world of vaporization!

AGBeer,

rivalZone

The VXC will definitely change the whole weed smoking scene I think, not just the vape scene. Why bong when you can vapebong? The VXC looks like something I will own in a year or two , maybe longer who knows. But it looks like something I WANT.

But for now I have gone with the SSV and will someday get the attachment for my bong.

I have to say I am already very happy with my purchase, I haven't received it yet, but I have been watching videos all morning and I think it was the best decision. Nice thick vape hits with an essentially unbreakable product.

Can not wait to start vaping all. the. time.

rivalZone,

steiner666

Serial vapist
rivalZone said:
I have been a bong smoker since the day I started and love bong hits immensely but lately it has been taking its toll on my lungs. I have wanted a decent vape for a while now but wasnt sure if it would really be worth the $350 for one. I invested in a poorly made and cheap hand-held vape but it broke on my second use. It was just a tease. So I purchased another vape, not a great one but one to see if it was something I want. I now know I want to start vaping.

I have decided that if I am going to want to replace my bong hits I am going to have to get something that does the job very very well.

I was first looking at the Extreme Q because as it is quite cheap compared to most others and has a whole lot of features. Also I was looking at the Silver Surfer vape and DaBuhha vape. But is it really worth forking out the extra $85-$100 for a SSV over the DaBuddha? Is the extra money really accounting for much?

The Extreme Q has a fan whereas the others do not plus a bag. I could see myself using the bag but if it is quite less effective than a whip (the impression I have gotten from reading the forums) then I dont think I would bother with it too much. Thus would that mean the Extreme Q would still be worth it considering I'd only use the whip? Or by that point is it worth going for one of the others?

I really want something that is going to last, be very efficient and give me the best vape hits I can get for the money I spent on it.

:peace:

First off, IMO the ssv is definitely worth the extra $ over the DBV

There are plenty of satisfied EQ owners. I have no experience with it personally however, but I'm sure it wouldnt be a bad choice.

And as far as the digital/analog temp control thing goes, IMO, analog is the way to go if you want something that will last. Digital electronics, especially when encased in a housing with a hot heating element, just dont last as long as your basic rheostat, like the SSV and such use. Also, the temp readings on almost every digital vape arent even accurate as far as what the temperature of the air is when its actually passing through the herb, so it turns into a more relative thing, which IMO basically reduces the functionality of digital controls to an unnecessarily complicated version of what you do with analog anyway. And if you're doing whip/direct inhale, so much of the temp on most of the vapes will be dependent on your hit speed almost as much as your actual temp setting. I guess what im saying is dont let the style of temp control/reading effect your decision too much, because either way there will be a slight learning curve for you to figure out what settings and hit speeds give you the size and density of hits that you're looking for, but very quickly you'll more than likely get comfortable enough with it to the point where you could use it blindfolded.

lastly, i have to say, take a look at the Herbalaire. Its not as shiny and fancy-looking as other vapes mentioned, but, IME, it extracts like no other. It puts out thick clouds, is easy to use, multifunctional, and durable (i've dropped mine about 4-5ft onto a hardwood floor multiple times with no issues). Cost is right in line with that of the EQ or DBV, at least on ebay, last i checked. Plus a lot of people love using them directly into a bong, similar to how the VXC is used.

steiner666,

Qbit

cannabanana
rivalZone said:
The VXC will definitely change the whole weed smoking scene I think, not just the vape scene. Why bong when you can vapebong? The VXC looks like something I will own in a year or two , maybe longer who knows. But it looks like something I WANT.

But for now I have gone with the SSV and will someday get the attachment for my bong.

I have to say I am already very happy with my purchase, I haven't received it yet, but I have been watching videos all morning and I think it was the best decision. Nice thick vape hits with an essentially unbreakable product.

Can not wait to start vaping all. the. time.

Congrats! I'm also Australian, and although I don't have a Silver Surfer of my own, I have a buddy who does, and believe me, it hits you for six. You'll be grinning like an idiot for months, nay, years, staring at this beast once you get it cooking. That's assuming you've gotten over the psychological hurdle (if any) of not smoking, and have adjusted to the experience of vapour - though it sounds as if you have.

And if you haven't already, make sure you read through the SSV thread for tips and tricks and further info. It's difficult to go wrong with this vape, but for peak performance, absorbing the knowledge base here will pay off well. :ninja:

Qbit,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom