I use 5x butane usually Power sometimes Mega. Today I sprayed them both onto a glass food plate. They leave a minor "new car smell" after evaporation with no visible residue really. I thought it could be natural mercaptans (coming from the manufacturing of butane from petroleum) that would be boiled off at 95F but from what I have read those smell like sulfur or rotten egg. The end product is quality and the smell is not noticible from what I can tell. Infact it seems to medicate well. Any comments?