Bump this thread if you're VAPED now!

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
Nothing like a nice sativa high and breaking out the Oreck . . . :tup:

Bump . . . .
My secret weapon for housecleaning is this professional 48" wide dust mop with washable cotton head. We have all wood floors and I can sweep as effectively as a vacuum cleaner with this thing in 1/10 the time. Kitchen completely sweeped including under all the cabinets where crumbs hide in 10 seconds without even moving from the spot where I am standing. I just spin around and I am done. My mother in law was so mad when she saw me doing this and calculated how much time she wasted in her life with her traditional style broom.

mop-dust-frame.jpg

Professional janitorial supply stores rock, but nobody knows they can buy their home cleaning stuff there. It is all so much better than home cleaning stuff from junk in the grocery store aisle. A Swiffer toy sweeper with a box of disposable refills costs more than this beast that will still be around when I'm an old man.

Our consumption driven society is strange to me. Marketers spend zillions of dollars to try to make us have an opinion and preference for their brand of industrial chemicals that, other than fragrance and packaging, are essentially identical to every other brand of Industrial chemicals. I buy the cheapest detergent, acid, base, abrasive, etc I can and use less of it than you might believe works. I guess it is a side effect of being a chemist.

Here's a freebie for everyone tonight: my recipe for cleaning clothes with 1/4 the detergent you are currently using. There are four main things we could do as chemists to increase the rate of the chemical reaction that is laundry: Increase the concentration of detergent, increase the temperature, add a catalyst, or increase the amount of time you allow that reaction to take place. Notice that one of these options is FREE! Simply stop your washer before the rinse cycle and allow your clothes to soak for an extra fifteen minutes or hours if you want. With enough time, water itself and a tiny bit of detergent can work wonders. Oh, and don't use anything but cold water unless you are cleaning gross stuff that needs to be sterilized.

I'm a bit frugal with stuff like this because I just cannot afford to waste good money that could be better spent on important things like hash and LEGO sets. Did I happen to mention lately that I like hash? Because I do.

More black tar hash and candy sativa tonight. Wife went to bed early after two. Cocktails and a rich dinner, so I'm just going to make a recreational cannabis night of it for a change.

Edit: just an early morning update. Somehow, I have ended up with all three dogs comfortably sharing my little single futon on the floor with me. Two 40 pound mutts on my right and a 150 pound St. Bernard on my left.

I found the remnants of some shatter oil in the back of my drawer to go along with the new organic cotton balls I just bought. I'm generally not too keen on hydrocarbon processed concentrates for my own personal mmj use, at least philosophically, but I can't argue with their effectiveness in my E-Nano. This one was labeled "Rainbow Mix" and I cannot recall when or where I bought it, but it is from a respected concentrate maker who I know does a pro quality purge.

Last edited:

Enchantre

Oil Painter
My secret weapon for housecleaning is this professional 48" wide dust mop with washable cotton head. We have all wood floors and I can sweep as effectively as a vacuum cleaner with this thing in 1/10 the time. Kitchen completely sweeped including under all the cabinets where crumbs hide in 10 seconds without even moving from the spot where I am standing. I just spin around and I am done. My mother in law was so mad when she saw me doing this and calculated how much time she wasted in her life with her traditional style broom.

mop-dust-frame.jpg

Professional janitorial supply stores rock, but nobody knows they can buy their home cleaning stuff there. It is all so much better than home cleaning stuff from junk in the grocery store aisle. A Swiffer toy sweeper with a box of disposable refills costs more than this beast that will still be around when I'm an old man.

Our consumption driven society is strange to me. Marketers spend zillions of dollars to try to make us have an opinion and preference for their brand of industrial chemicals that, other than fragrance and packaging, are essentially identical to every other brand of Industrial chemicals. I buy the cheapest detergent, acid, base, abrasive, etc I can and use less of it than you might believe works. I guess it is a side effect of being a chemist.

Here's a freebie for everyone tonight: my recipe for cleaning clothes with 1/4 the detergent you are currently using. There are four main things we could do as chemists to increase the rate of the chemical reaction that is laundry: Increase the concentration of detergent, increase the temperature, add a catalyst, or increase the amount of time you allow that reaction to take place. Notice that one of these options is FREE! Simply stop your washer before the rinse cycle and allow your clothes to soak for an extra fifteen minutes or hours if you want. With enough time, water itself and a tiny bit of detergent can work wonders. Oh, and don't use anything but cold water unless you are cleaning gross stuff that needs to be sterilized.

I'm a bit frugal with stuff like this because I just cannot afford to waste good money that could be better spent on important things like hash and LEGO sets. Did I happen to mention lately that I like hash? Because I do.

More black tar hash and candy sativa tonight. Wife went to bed early after two. Cocktails and a rich dinner, so I'm just going to make a recreational cannabis night of it for a change.

Edit: just an early morning update. Somehow, I have ended up with all three dogs comfortably sharing my little single futon on the floor with me. Two 40 pound mutts on my right and a 150 pound St. Bernard on my left.

I found the remnants of some shatter oil in the back of my drawer to go along with the new organic cotton balls I just bought. I'm generally not too keen on hydrocarbon processed concentrates for my own personal mmj use, at least philosophically, but I can't argue with their effectiveness in my E-Nano. This one was labeled "Rainbow Mix" and I cannot recall when or where I bought it, but it is from a respected concentrate maker who I know does a pro quality purge.
Don Aslett, is that you? *blink*

:D

Yes!

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Yup!

Had a great time at the market today - got to share the fabulousness of vaping with @CarolKing AND a couple of market regulars! Looks like I'll be putting together a vaporizer information table for future markets .... is that great, or what??

Found some INCREDIBLE Edibles today... I am vaped, yes... and dabbed, and marvelously medicated....

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
Got a free gram of Blackberry something or other that was tested at 26%THC and just tried it. My initial impression was that it certainly was potent, but tasted almost as bad as smoking a real bong hit, even with a nice clean water pipe.

Then I noticed a wisp of smoke rising from my E-Nano and checked the dial to find that it was turned up to 10! Now I have to clean everything that was just barbecued!

I'm an idiot tonight. But a vaped and happy idiot.

killick

But I like it!
@Cereal_MF that sounds nice! Do you notice much effect from the abv?

I'm just about to make another batch of cannacream. I use coconut milk, 3 tblspoons of palm sugar and 4g of herb (abv today tho!). Simmer on the stove till it's reduced about 1/3, then use. I suppose you could strain it but I don't bother... Fibre is good for you :)

Cereal_MF

Green goes to brown, n that's what I stand for.
I'll have to update you on that, but my guess is very mild.

I wanna get into making butter at some point. My guy is really into it so i might go halvsies on the next batch he makes. That flavor in green butter...

Cereal_MF

Green goes to brown, n that's what I stand for.
@Cereal_MF that sounds nice! Do you notice much effect from the abv?

I'm just about to make another batch of cannacream. I use coconut milk, 3 tblspoons of palm sugar and 4g of herb (abv today tho!). Simmer on the stove till it's reduced about 1/3, then use. I suppose you could strain it but I don't bother... Fibre is good for you :)
I just vaped another vowl but i can defintiely verify that im above my usual intensity. The true test will be to see how long it lasts

grokit

well-worn member
I was up early, in the middle of the night basically battling inflammation which is giving me bad headaches atm. So my infinity timer went cold off-schedule (midmorning) lol. I'm not in the office it's sunday so I fired up the monster and made a big bag of zephyr vapor. Damn this thing rocks, think I'll do another one!
:rockon::smug:

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
I would say I was in love, but that would not be entirely accurate. I think "lust" is a better descriptive for how this new subcritical (not supercritical) CO2 oil makes me feel. It's dabbable, but I would never torture something this beautiful with a torch and nail. Consistency is like very thick honey.

Holy cow! Thank you Washington state!

4RkizS0.jpg

killick

But I like it!
@ChippyMalone if you don't dab it what do you do with it? I'm asking as I really don't know. But saw some 'budder' at the dispensary today. Yes - my first ever trip to a dispensary! Emailed them my docs last night and signed the paper when I got there. No ID card as their printer is broke, but got stuff!

I have:
Purple Kush shatter
Star Cloud shatter
OG Kush shatter

and!
Green Crack God Bud
Blueberry Northern Lights
Lemon Sour Diesel, aka LSD

I'm testing PK Shatter, and having a most enjoyable time of it :)

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
@killick When I first moved out here, I had no idea what dabbing was. But I watched a few YouTube videos, bought a torch and a little bubbler thing and went to town. I hated every minute of it. The torch scared the hell out of me, i burnt myself several times, and I splattered molten hash oil all over my kitchen. I know it is just my personal prejudice, but to me it just seems abusive to the cannabis to drop it onto a chunk of titanium hotter than molten lava. The process also just seems like the last desperate act of the guy with the world's highest THC tolerance, and in some ways I have a hard time accepting dabs in the same category of "less harmful than smoking" vaporizing methods.

Also, I fear that children making their own BHO and blowing up their basements in prohibition states because they are trying to emulate those happy citizens of Colorado and Washington and other places where we have legal and safe access to quality concentrates that are not manufactured in ways that are terrible for the environment, our health, and our reputation as responsible medical and recreational users of legal cannabis.

However, my strong opinions aside, I do understand that for any cannabis product, there is some medical marijuana patient who needs that and exactly that, and I have no interest in limiting access to medications or methods of ingestion that are not my cup of canna-tea.

The three grams of various shatters, waxes, budders, etc that I bought my first day as a MMj patient sat basically unused for six months until I discovered the E-Nano. I take a nice little booger of whatever concentrate I am using, and place it into a little bit of organic cotton ball. E-Nano heated up somewhere between 8.5 and 10 depending on the particular properties of the particular wax/oil.

I have been slurping on less than 1/10 of a gram of that nice sub-critical CO2 wax today, and the cotton ball is still saturated, orange colored, and pumping out thick clouds. I cannot imaging taking the past six hours of enjoyment and condensing that into a 3 second dab.

And about that subcritical CO2 oil. Apparently it is a bit of a cheaper process to produce than super-critical oil, but the flavor and potency is right on the money. I'll take something this lovely for the same $35/gram as generic home-made dispensary ear wax BHO made from moldy trim any day. I'm stoked to have found this and called my buddies at the dispensary right away to tell them to hold a couple grams back for me, as I want to try the indica and the hybrid versions in addition to this very uplifting sativa.

killick

But I like it!
Thanks for that great and detailed explanation! You make it sound so appealing! Actually this has saved me from learning it the hard way, and thanks for that :)

I'll give the organic cotton a wee shottie with the HI. It's not adjustable, which I assume to mean 'runs hot'. Now to see if mi esposa has organic cotton balls stashed away somewhere...

killick,

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
You can get away with a regular cotton ball tonight. But make sure if it's cotton. You can burn a little bit to test it. If it smells like a burnt marshmallow or clean paper, it's good. Any other smell and you should not use.

Edit: this is actually a forensics field test for textiles. At the children's science museum, I taught a silly crime solving class for third graders that used this test among others to figure out which museum employee stole Fluffy, our world renowned singing, dancing, basketball playing fighting fish.

killick

But I like it!
Thanks again! You are an absolute wealth of helpful knowledge. I told my wife your secret for washing clothes... and then she asked me where I read that, and then promptly thought I was joking with her... but I'll do it your way :)

killick,
Top Bottom