Bull Fighting... No Thanks

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
If you can get by the incredible cruelty, there is a sort of beauty in bull fighting. Digo yo.

macbill,

RussyRoo

Can't say I agree with the sport, but I'm not about to start lecturing Spain about their culture. What I will say is the bulls should definitely be allowed to live if they win. Unfortunately another bull fighter merely takes his place and finishes the job :(

RussyRoo,

bcleez

Can't some bulls win? I think that there is a way that they can win out of respect. Lamborghini names their cars after the bulls that "win".

Kind of reminds me of the Bugs Bunny episode... must have taken a wrong turn at Albuqurque (sp)

bcleez,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
bcleez said:
Can't some bulls win?
I don't think so. Bulls are bred specifically for the ring. Bovines, as a rule, come out poorly in this world, except India, I suppose.

macbill,

bcleez

" Very rarely, if the public or the matador believe that the bull has fought bravely, they may petition the president of the plaza to grant the bull an indulto before the tercio de muerte. This is when the bulls life is spared and allowed to leave the ring alive and return to the ranch where it came from. Then the bull becomes a stud bull for the rest of his life."

That is how Lamborghini names its cars, off the bulls that get the "indulto"

bcleez,
Top Bottom