Brittle and flaky wax/fullmelt in a Ti nail/dome? need some help pls

MileHigh

I just got a new Ti nail, first time user, and much of the earwax and full-melt hash available at dispensaries that I go to is on the drier, flakier side. I use a regular resin poker to collect the dab that will go in the dome/nail, but the problem is that normally a fairly significant amount of crumbs end up falling or getting knocked off the tip of the poker. Sometimes its all stuck on well enough, but usually at least a couple crumbs falls off before I'm able to take my hit, and the crumbs that get lost here and there do add up, much more so than with fresh bud.

Also, I just got some super lemon haze earwax that is boooooooomb but I have to use it in my swing because I can't get it to stick to the poker at all, it's too brittle, but I would love to use it with the nail.

Any ideas on how to make the poker stickier, or a different instrument or method I should use? thanks so much.

EDIT//I'm not a moron, I'm not tricking to put brittle brick hash in there, I'm just talking about dry flaky earwax.

MileHigh,

weedemon

enthusiast
heat your poker up! this will make the wax melt and stick to it better for you hopefully?

weedemon,

gvape

Ususally after the first dab the poker is warm and it melts it all together. Sometimes even melts it off and then its on the floor, or clothes, or :mad:

But yeah, just make sure its not too hot. I sometimes try and poke a few pieces and then press it together to make sure it sticks better. If all else fails get a Eclipse h20 off ebay. Its like $55 and worth it! Or a health stone! Both of these are my favorite ways.

gvape,

stroh

errl enthusiast
weedemon said:
heat your poker up! this will make the wax melt and stick to it better for you hopefully?

this!

or if your aim is halfway decent, drop some bombs ;)

:peace:

stroh,
you prolly don't want to buy a new oil slide, but there are so many options out there that don't require the use of a dabber such as the Healthstone or illadelphs hot hit rods. Still you already knew about this.

biojuggernaut,

MileHigh

Yeah, but with a slide or whatever else you still have to handle stuff that is often either sticky or flaky, and thus suffer some loss. I guess the point of my question was that if I buy a gram of bud, I'm going to smoke damn near 100% of that gram, but not so with flaky earwax or sticky full-melt, which are both much more expensive per gram and the problem is therefore amplified. Does anyone have a link to a thread on ways to properly handle these substances? I searched but couldn't find anything specific.

PS, with the stickier stuff I had the idea that freezing it a bit might be a good idea? Anyone know if that's bad?

MileHigh,

Sour Deez

Glass wand

+

alt_12-17-10-548.jpg

That should work for the flaky stuff that you cant pick up with the dabber.

Your Ti nail should work fine with the sticker stuff.

Sour Deez,
uh typically when I make my own I'll heat up my glass stir rod and run in through my batch to make it easy to scrape into one resinous consistency. Chilling your product might help but don't freeze it solid. That will only help to separate your active chemicals.

biojuggernaut,

momatik

Maybe you could use a bit of wand hash to make your dabber sticky?

momatik,
Top Bottom