Brilliant Cut Grinder

lazylathe

Almost there...
Which plate do you use? I might look into getting one of one ever shows up on the factory seconds page. Do they even do factory seconds for ss? They just listed some more aluminum grinders on the factory seconds page and the offers are tempting, even though I just bought an OM grinder.

I am a fan of Fine grind since I use convection based vaporizers. More surface area for a faster and more efficient extraction.
Originally I purchased it with the medium plate but bought the fine plate afterwards and much prefer I s consistency for my use.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Just got a large BCG. Is there a way to take off the “white ring” or is it safe for a warm ISO soak?

I wouldn't soak it for too long, especially if it is too warm... I would just do quick soak, and rinse, especially if you are going to leave it on... Just to be safe? I feel like anytime they get taken off, they never go on the same way as well... And yeah always safer to not soak for too long, with parts like that and magnets etc.

I love my course plate for trichome preservation, I can always grind upside down if I need finer.

Yeah, however I want to point out again, the coarse plate actually does have different teeth, so you do get a different grind, even upside down, compared to the medium and fine, and when they are upside down... So I appreciate the variety (I use my coarse, upside down a bit at first and more depending how fine I want to go, when it's my fresher dense moist sticky stuff and I want to preserve the buds for flavor)

hoptimum

I am a fan of Fine grind since I use convection based vaporizers. More surface area for a faster and more efficient extraction.
Originally I purchased it with the medium plate but bought the fine plate afterwards and much prefer I s consistency for my use.
I agree with you. I bought the fine plate on a whim and I'm using it a lot more than the medium plate, especially with my injector setup.

Shit Snacks

The only reason I ask is I had one bad experience with Kannastor grinders. I soaked in warm-hot ISO and it warped the white ring and was unusable. SCS had a black ring that was easy to take off and attach, and was immune to warm-hot ISO.

Kanna kind of suck in my experience I wouldn't be surprised that they cost cut the quality there... The SCS one is where I have experience with it not being as good after it was removed once, the BCG one is more secure so I don't want to remove it, but I hardly clean them and when I do like I said it's quick rinsing so not a soak risk

TedJones

Yea for the head, I’ve avoided it on the ring for the most part by filling iso to the brim and soaking the teeth for just a few minutes. Maybe a quick scrub then hot water rinse. The edge of a paper towel just fits between so I’ll try and get any moisture out that way when done.

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
I've used warm 91% Iso to soak my BCG in an Ultrasonic Bath for over 4 years now with no damage to the ring or the grinder.

Of course, the grinder is so good that it doesn't need cleaning more than once every few months. :love:

The best thing about using an Ultrasonic cleaner for the BCG, is that I only need to run the cleaner for 3 minutes for each part and

I don't have to do any scrubbing that might be abrasive. Grinder comes out shiny clean and new looking every time with no fading of the

anodization...even after 4 years. :nod::tup:

axilla101

I ordered a large Polished Stainless Steel BCG a week ago-- but in my impatience, I pulled the trigger on a large Aluminum version when I saw it listed in the "factory seconds" section last night. Trying to decide if I should ask them to cancel my original order...

For those of you that have used both Stainless Steel and the Aluminum, does the SS really warrant the extra $200? I LOVE my original small one, so I don't mind paying a premium if it's really worth it. But I don't particularly worry about the health component of Aluminum vs SS-- so if functionality is basically the same, I'm probably better off with the Aluminum.

Any/all insights appreciated, thanks so much!!

axilla101,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Shit Snacks

I ordered a large Polished Stainless Steel BCG a week ago-- but in my impatience, I pulled the trigger on a large Aluminum version when I saw it listed in the "factory seconds" section last night. Trying to decide if I should ask them to cancel my original order...

For those of you that have used both Stainless Steel and the Aluminum, does the SS really warrant the extra $200? I LOVE my original small one, so I don't mind paying a premium if it's really worth it. But I don't particularly worry about the health component of Aluminum vs SS-- so if functionality is basically the same, I'm probably better off with the Aluminum.

Any/all insights appreciated, thanks so much!!

Yeah pretty much the same, it's going to be heavier, never show signs of wear, theoretically the teeth could be a little sharper? But practically in use yes the function will be the same absolutely

axilla101

Yeah pretty much the same, it's going to be heavier, never show signs of wear, theoretically the teeth could be a little sharper? But practically in use yes the function will be the same absolutely

Thanks, I had a feeling that might be the case. Is it any more resistant to getting dirty/sticky, or is it about the same as the original?

I'm 1000% Team BCG-- but maybe I should enjoy the Large Aluminum for the next year or two, and then upgrade when the wait/cost is lower.

I definitely could have taken a little better care of my original rather than try and scrape off sticky bits etc. But knowing what I know now about how to keep it clean, I think an aluminum one will serve me fine.

axilla101

ordered a SS version back October 4th, hope it ships soon
Oh wow, good to know!

12 weeks and it still hasn't shipped? And that's before all the Black Friday/holiday orders that I'm sure came in.

Good thing I ordered this other one in the meantime hahaha

axilla101,

mixchu69

This might be an unpopular opinion but I prefer the original BCG over the large BCG. It has nothing to do with build quality (all BCGs are great), but for my personal use.

I like grinding 1-2 grams at a time and the original can easily do that (I like rotating strains for variety). I know you can grind less in the large, but I’m trying to say that you can save some money buying the original.

I also noticed I am a lot messier with the large, especially when I scoop. The large doesn’t feel as natural in my hands than the original. Might be because I used a Santa Cruz shredder for the past 10 years.

Just want to encourage those on the fence that you don’t need the large. Just my opinion.

warren0728

This might be an unpopular opinion but I prefer the original BCG over the large BCG. It has nothing to do with build quality (all BCGs are great), but for my personal use.

I like grinding 1-2 grams at a time and the original can easily do that (I like rotating strains for variety). I know you can grind less in the large, but I’m trying to say that you can save some money buying the original.

I also noticed I am a lot messier with the large, especially when I scoop. The large doesn’t feel as natural in my hands than the original. Might be because I used a Santa Cruz shredder for the past 10 years.

Just want to encourage those on the fence that you don’t need the large. Just my opinion.
i agree … in fact i think im gonna sell my larger bcg and stick with my three originals!

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock

Definitely user specific. Love the large, fits my xxl hands perfectly. Just feels right every time I hold them. Never tried the regular but had a free Pucc in regular and immediately knew I’d never use it, way too small. Will eventually order a large in stainless.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I have a seconds original which I love. Green-blue-green.
I bought one off the website for my father and it's due in next week, ordered mid-November. They ain't kiddin when they say 6-8 weeks. They are pretty popular. I would have gotten another second because they ship right away, but it was gonna be a gift. I haven't heard of anyone saying their second showed any significant flaws.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
I bought one off the website for my father and it's due in next week, ordered mid-November. They ain't kiddin when they say 6-8 weeks. They are pretty popular. I would have gotten another second because they ship right away, but it was gonna be a gift. I haven't heard of anyone saying their second showed any significant flaws.
Two of my three are seconds and not a flaw could be found. My first was bought new, took so long to get to me I actually forgot about it until it showed up, took way longer than 8 weeks, closer to 3 months if I recall correctly.

j3oomerang

Is yours for a stainless? Mine was placed October 4th for a large/SS/matte/coarse, still "processing."

j3oomerang,
Top Bottom