Brilliant Cut Grinder

Easywider

Simple is the way
Boom. Shipping confirmation.

Expected on the 23rd. 7 days? delivered from inside Canada? Regular mail from the US would take 7 days lol! Strange.

All the same, glade to know it'll arrive shortly. Looking forward to grinding more herbs!

Congrats! The BCG was hands down my favorite purchase of 2019.

Your 7 day estimate is probably the eta for CanadaPost to deliver the package to USPS. Once the package changes hands after customs clearance you’l have a more accurate ETA.

Schlumples

Resident Otter
A quick soak or dunk would be fine. I misread drying overnight as soaking overnight, which might not be a problem either but you never know.
I think it soaked for roughly 2 hours which was actually longer than I intended. I probably won't ever do that again though, I'm just really paranoid about machine oils. It seemed clean though, to be honest, and may have not been necessary.

After using the grinder for a couple days I'm in love. It's just so wonderfully machined, tolerances are perfect IMO. Classy little thing, looks great, grinds great, just an amazing product.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
I think it soaked for roughly 2 hours which was actually longer than I intended. I probably won't ever do that again though, I'm just really paranoid about machine oils. It seemed clean though, to be honest, and may have not been necessary.

After using the grinder for a couple days I'm in love. It's just so wonderfully machined, tolerances are perfect IMO. Classy little thing, looks great, grinds great, just an amazing product.

This is outstanding to hear. I get mine in a few weeks and can't wait.

Planck

believes in Dog
Came early! Soaking in some hot water/IPA and will air-dry overnight probably. Will report back tomorrow :)

Cracky mate for a Sloth you sure get around. :lol: Que Mission Impossible theme.

I can't say enough how much I appreciate this. I hate having visible logos all over my shit, because I am not a billboard.

AMEN! It's a total class look logo free.

A quick soak or dunk would be fine. I misread drying overnight as soaking overnight, which might not be a problem either but you never know.

Oh you can know this if you want to. :rockon:
Here is a start.
**Aluminum reacts with both ethanol and isopropyl alcohol.**

At room temperature the reaction will be very slow particularly on anodized aluminum.
Since there are many different colorants and sealant used in anodizing only the manufacturer can comment with authority on the resistance of their annodizing to these solvents. Given the overall quality I expect it's good but an email would likely get a definitive answer.

If anyone wishes to send me a BCG I will do some testing. I like to know things. :brow: :D

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I, too, believe in Dog. And Dog gives me the momentum I need. :D

Praise Dog!

giphy.webp

Meditation

Hi
I ordered my BCG on the 14th December and got an email last Sunday to say it had been shipped, but I received no shipping details? I paid for international shipping Is this normal or do I need to contact them?

Meditation,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm closing in on a year with my BCG, still never actually cleaned it and it is still working great!

I am now considering a second one, even though a larger size is still not available... I really love that new Amethyst color (mine is all Sky Blue) though the prototype Fuchsia version posted here was even more enticing perhaps... Still tempted by Hematite too of course :tup:

LovesColdCatEars

I'm closing in on a year with my BCG, still never actually cleaned it and it is still working great!

I am now considering a second one, even though a larger size is still not available... I really love that new Amethyst color (mine is all Sky Blue) though the prototype Fuchsia version posted here was even more enticing perhaps... Still tempted by Hematite too of course :tup:

I got my BCG set 6 months ago and have not had to clean it either (went with the sapphire). I've wanted another for a while now and couldn't decide between the ruby or the amethyst so I ordered both just a little over a month ago, along with an onyx one as a surprise gift for my brother. Really looking forward to them arriving!

Chandler

Loving all the positive feedback. Been abroad for the past week. Email response from post office says my BCG has been delivered!

Welcome gift to come home to. Excited to check out this magneric attraction.

I see someone mentioned it's not a great idea to soak this grinder in iso? How'd did yall clean your BCG's initially?

Prophecy

I'm very happy with this grinder, the build quality is top, the screwless design is very comfortable and it grinds so smooth.

Ordered on the 25.11.2019 shipped on the 4.1.2020 and arrived on my door at the 21.1.2020 but it was worth the wait.

Hi
I ordered my BCG on the 14th December and got an email last Sunday to say it had been shipped, but I received no shipping details? I paid for international shipping Is this normal or do I need to contact them?

Have you chose Small Packet International Air? For this option there is no Tracking aviable. I only have get the E-Mail that my order is complete and has shipped, a little over 2 weeks later the package has arrived.

I see someone mentioned it's not a great idea to soak this grinder in iso? How'd did yall clean your BCG's initially?

I used hot water a brush and a little bit of dishwashing liquid after that I rinse with hot water and let dry.

Last edited:

Chandler

I used hot water a brush and a little bit of dishwashing liquid after that I rinse with hot water and let dry.

Appreciate the reply. I ultra sonic cleaned mine. Didn't even consider the USC when thinking about how to clean.

First impressions..beautiful minimalistic design. Onyx in color. No logo, the unique exterior speaks for itself, i love that. Nice strong magnets as you'd expect for this quality/price. Very smooth grind, what I expected. I found the grind to be finer than expected, but very consistent. A friend ground and rolled a couple joints that burned exceptionally well (for him). When the larger one arrives I'll probably grab with a coarse grind plate. After a few uses my only gripe same as many others, 'it's too small. Rather, Smaller than expected'. Otherwise the pros way out way the con.

@grindersForLife I'm hoping when the larger one is released you reduce the price of the original and sell the new one at the current price. :D

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
I had convinced myself the BCG is "ugly" and I don't want one anyway (sour grapes, anyone?) But I still constantly come to this thread and lurk for pictures, so if anyone wants to post more pictures of their cuties, then please do!

Meditation

Have you chose Small Packet International Air? For this option there is no Tracking aviable. I only have get the E-Mail that my order is complete and has shipped, a little over 2 weeks later the package has arrived.

Thanks for the reply much appreciated. I did indeed chose small packet international air so hopefully it will turn up this week, I can’t wait to get my hands on it. I’ll give my verdict on it when I get it. Thanks again.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Thanks for the reply much appreciated. I did indeed chose small packet international air so hopefully it will turn up this week, I can’t wait to get my hands on it. I’ll give my verdict on it when I get it. Thanks again.

We look forward to hearing your thoughts!

I had convinced myself the BCG is "ugly"

Wait...what, how, why? Who hurt you?

Last edited:

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
Received my BCG today, yay. :clap:

Ordered on Dec 4th, shipped on Jan 14th small packet international, delivered Feb 5th.

Hematite with rose gold medium grind plate.

bcg.jpg

My initial impressions are:
- Very well made, screams quality
- Strong ass magnets are cool as hell :razz:
- Sure is purty :love:

- Damn I wish it was bigger (look forward to that version)
- As expected by all the hype and reviews, absolutely buttery smooth and easy grinding action. But, it's still new, so we'll see how long this holds up.

- Grind is perfect IMHO. Very even, fluffy and just right for my tastes.

- I'm a 2 piece guy. I have a SCS 3" 2-piece and the S&B orange grinders (reg and large size).

- What I didn't expect was the quite noticeable improvement in vaporization performance & efficiency. My wife and I both noticed it independently. I've read how 2-pieces pulverize the trich heads and etc and how that can affect potency of the grind... but I never expected a better grind to make such a difference in (at least perceived) efficiency.
I'm slow on the uptake I guess. :mental:

I guess it makes sense though I guess. More fluffy surface area, more intact heads not stuck to the grinder.

So far it was def worth the wait. :tup:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Thanks for the quick review. Disappointing it took two months. Ordered the full set last week. Read about this here, going back over a year, figured by now they would have ramped up production, though I can assume with an 8 week potential wait period, they take a certain amount of orders, then ramp up. Either that or they are made one at a time.... :) Looking forward to the spring, the old SantaCruz Shredder will have to limp along...

Top Bottom