Brilliant Cut Grinder

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Really? I mean, how hard is it to clean any grinder. I should think that an old toothbrush and ISO or even just hot water and maybe dish soap....once in a great while...and its clean.

No?
Who are you addressing the question to? Hot H2O, dish soap, toothbrush is my grinder jam. Just haven’t had to.

EDIT: sorry sir, missed about 4 posts there... I understand now. Stupid Hippie

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Just haven’t had to.

This is what I was looking for. I am just worried about the build up (see my last picture; I do not want this, ideally)

I probably could have been a bit more specific with my wording of the question. Whoops.

I was also thinking if there is a 420 deal, it may not be much different that the current one, if at all... it just doesn't hurt to ask. A penny saved is a penny vaped.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
just worried about the build up
Yeah man, there’s no points of contact between the plates so there’s not been any build-up rings or sticky spots on the interior sidewalls so far. No need for worrying. The way it’s been designed really sets BCG apart from other grinders imo, that and the 7075 stock used. It felt different to any other grinder I’ve seen/used, from the first moment I held it. Not only just a lovely tool, it’s also been scientifically proven to increase the potency of any cannabis it grinds by 20%*.

* I know @muunch knows my sense (or lack) of humour but in case there’s a gullible lurker out there, grinding with the BCG will not make your bud any better. Unless it’s a full moon and you’re naked.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
About cleaning the grinder...I took this picture of mine today. It has been the only grinder I've used daily since I received it on January 19th, so that's been more than three months of daily use by now.

The only difference in the way I use it and the way many people may use it is that, no matter how stoned I am, I ALWAYS brush the grinder out with that little brush you see in the pic after EVERY use. Before I even remove any ground herb from the bottom chamber I will have brushed all the keif/dust in the grinding chamber down through the holes and into the ground herb. And, when I empty the grinder I always brush out that lower section as soon as I've emptied it as well. Keeping up that practice and I've never had to do anything else to clean it yet.

Well, that and occasionally running my fingernail (or even just the surface of my fingertip) around the top edge of the bottom section where it makes contact with the bottom of the grind chamber to get the tiny amount of residue that sometimes can stick there.

IMG-0585.jpg

I keep all my herb sealed up with 62% Boveda packs.

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I will post humorously inaccurate statistics also if it means hedgehogs will flock to my yard.

This could be arranged... let me get in touch with the boys...

ballz.png

(forewarning: this is not my hog - this is one CHUNCC boi)

He requires mealworms to do anything besides run on his wheel, and lick himself however... but I'm sure he would gladly at least poop on some of your things.

MoltenTiger

every color would go with well with sapphire except sky blue IMO
I actually really like these colours together! Both are lovely blues. Subjective of course, but they are a lot nicer to my eye than Emerald Green and Sky Blue, which I was using all last week.

2j31vf9.jpg

how are the early adopters finding maintenance (like deep cleaning) after putting some miles on it?
I've done nothing except the occasional finger nail scrape around the top of the mid plate as per;

occasionally running my fingernail (or even just the surface of my fingertip) around the top edge of the bottom section where it makes contact with the bottom of the grind chamber to get the tiny amount of residue that sometimes can stick there.

Things are holding up for me almost as well as the SLX managed - i.e. really well.
I've yet to brush the BCG a single time, making a point not to. Build up is very gradual and doesn't result in compressed hard to remove gunk like most grinders, including the SLX.

Really? I mean, how hard is it to clean any grinder. I should think that an old toothbrush and ISO or even just hot water and maybe dish soap....once in a great while...and its clean
I've struggled with metal grinders in the past, even using PBW wasn't enough to easily get rid of all the gunk after I lent my old grinder away for a couple of years. I've lost track of where it is now, but I guarantee you it's filthy and I would never bother with it again!

will not make your bud any better
I mean, it kind of does. A good grind goes a long way :)

I ALWAYS brush the grinder out with that little brush you see in the pic after EVERY use
Once I finally get to a deep clean, which could be next year, I'll definitely be putting my MFLB brush to use. For now, I'd say it's clearly a good idea, but not essential.

The main area I'm finding build up besides the mid plate top ring, is the base where it can be sat on herb crumbs. Obviously avoiding sitting it on herb should be easy enough, but it wipes away with little effort (with some isopropyl mind you). I expect a total clean would be very simple with the quality of material here.

j5e803.jpg

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

I actually really like these colours together! Both are lovely blues. Subjective of course, but they are a lot nicer to my eye than Emerald Green and Sky Blue, which I was using all last week.

2j31vf9.jpg

Yeah I take it back, that's looks great! You should post pictures with your other colors, I love seeing what everyone has chosen!

That must be gunk on the rim correct? It almost looks like the finishing is coming off but I'm sure the file size is just deceiving my eyes?

MoltenTiger

Yeah I take it back, that's looks great! You should post pictures with your other colors, I love seeing what everyone has chosen!

That must be gunk on the rim correct? It almost looks like the finishing is coming off but I'm sure the file size is just deceiving my eyes?
Yeah, in person the colours are full and even, the finish is very neat and smooth. I enjoy colour, and this product brings it to the table. I've always considered colour when buying pretty much anything, and the BCG has been well received because such care went into this detail, as with all its design aspects.

I was going to say before, I am liking the custom options with my BCG very much, the engraving helps to identify the top and the different coloured plates indicate the grind consistency very elegantly.
Couldn't recommend it enough as a final solution for a herb processor.

ok7art.jpg

Here's some pics of all the different stack combos I have from earlier in the thread

My pic before with the blue plates shows them after maintainance free usage. The rim is a place where some gunk will build up, and I usually scrape it off with my fingernail. The food grade plastic gasket is holding up despite being the other side to this compressed build up.

The central pin also gets a bit of build up, mainly as it's a bit difficult to scrape with a finger nail so it slowly builds up.

The anodised coating is still pristine, here's a pic of it unused
11kl4ch.jpg

A bit of isopropyl and a toothbrush would have it back like that in a few mins.

The only place I've noticed wear on the anodised finish is on the bases central pin where it connects to the mid plate locking pins.

Last edited:

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
I’m not trying to be a party pooper and I know we’ve all been conditioned to expect killer discounts for the 4/20 holiday and Black Friday too. But in this case, I think expectations might very well be disappointed with reality. I’m pretty doubtful that GFL will have a huge 4/20 sale because they’ve only been manufacturing for around three months. Currently there’s still a lead time between order and delivery, they simply don’t have enough product in stock for a huge 4/20 sale atm.

They would only be creating a crappy situation for themselves. Even NewVape & Dynavap, who have been in existence for years and have decent backstock of products have difficulty meeting demand during these two sales events. I’m just amazed by the people who wait for the big 4/20 discount, buy it and then post complaining about they don’t have it two days later, with no thought of the fact that these tiny companies are struggling with a backlog because hundreds of folks were waiting for that sale. People kill me.

@pxl_jockey I appreciate your perspective on this. I do consider Nv as a small (less than 10 people) company. Trying to manage all those grinder colors has to be challenging and costly for diamond cut. I'm curious to read a fine grind report using 62% boveda normalized herb. Nv will have a 420 sale but I would expect the deliveries to be delayed for 1-2 weeks. Thank you for your continued support for Nv.

Baron23

@pxl_jockey I appreciate your perspective on this. I do consider Nv as a small (less than 10 people) company. Trying to manage all those grinder colors has to be challenging and costly for diamond cut. I'm curious to read a fine grind report using 62% boveda normalized herb. Nv will have a 420 sale but I would expect the deliveries to be delayed for 1-2 weeks. Thank you for your continued support for Nv.

HI Edwyn - I was given a three plate set of BCG. I have, for years now, used only my NV Fine Grinder and then I traded my Coarse (which I didn't use, really) to another fellow for a Arm Band Fine and I love the extra grip area. But I like my BCG also...they are very different feeling devices.

I have used the BCG fine plate and my flower is always stored in mason jars with 62% Boveda. The fine grind is indeed very fine and very, very even.

The NV Fine Grinder grinds very fine and very, very even and accommodates a somewhat larger load.

I grind 1/8 - 1/4 then Space Case it so in general I'm not too interested in three or four piece grinders. I grind, dump on a rolling tray, scrape up into a SC container. BUT, I can pretty much do the same with the BCG, but I just dump out from the bottom collection plate.

haha...I love them both and while I do like my BCG very much, I'm not giving up my NV Fine Grinders.

I will say again and to reinforce what @MoltenTiger said above....the anodizing is beautifully done. VERY even, smooth, consistent color saturation.

Its a nice grinder.....but I'm laughing to myself as I have never really found grinders to be a source of excitement.....I mean, its a grinder! haha

Take care.

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
ok more dumb questions with muunch time...

some folks have said they leave their herb in their BCG after grinding with no real issues, but someone said if they leaves their herb in there overnight, it's bone dry.

anyone have any issues with this? I'm not sure I'll leave my herb in it, but definitely curious

Baron23

some folks have said they leave their herb in their BCG after grinding with no real issues, but someone said if they leaves their herb in there overnight, it's bone dry.

anyone have any issues with this? I'm not sure I'll leave my herb in it, but definitely curious
HI Muunch - its not hermetically sealed. So how dry you flower will be the next day if left in the grinder depends highly on how moist you flower was to begin with and ambient relative humidity.

Its really not about the grinder....its more about how flower dries out if left out of a sealed container.

Cheers

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Here's another question while we're at it, I always have to grind upside down at least at first in my SLX and SCS to get any sort of consistency... While I don't need it to be super fine, it is really inconvenient to have chunks fall through when trying to stay right side up the whole time. I haven't seen anyone suggest that is necessary here (though honestly felt like that from the SLX research I did too), but I thought it would make sense to go with the fine plate for that need... Perhaps even the medium plate would work well for me however?

Baron23

Here's another question while we're at it, I always have to grind upside down at least at first in my SLX and SCS to get any sort of consistency... While I don't need it to be super fine, it is really inconvenient to have chunks fall through when trying to stay right side up the whole time. I haven't seen anyone suggest that is necessary here (though honestly felt like that from the SLX research I did too), but I thought it would make sense to go with the fine plate for that need... Perhaps even the medium plate would work well for me however?
My experience with the fine grind is that the grind is indeed truly fine and very consistent and it does not need to be turned upside down.

I have not yet used my medium plate so I don't know how that grind works.

But, if I understand it correctly people with other 3-4 piece grinders (and I have some like this also) turn them upside to get a finer grind. I don't find that needed with the BCG as it really does grind fine natively.

Now, I do grind for a while, pop the top off a bit, and if there is still any herb in the top plate, I just close it up and turn it some more. Eventually, all flower gets ground to the right consistency and falls through the holes to the collection plate on the bottom.

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers

MoltenTiger

If left overnight, it will probably dry out but it still remains nicely vapable, just not as nice as a fresh grind in terms of flavour. It's pretty similar with any other similar style grinder.

@Shit Snacks I never turned the SLX upside down to grind as it got dirtier doing that. It has a fine/medium blend result using it upright which I found to be pretty good.
But I much prefer any of the BCG plates, and again I'm only grinding right side up. I guess the fine plate is the biggest improvement over the SLX, it produces reasonably fine and very consistent chop. The medium plate is as consistent but probably a bit coarser than the SLX used up right. The coarse is a bit larger a chop than the medium, but again as consistent.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
If left overnight, it will probably dry out but it still remains nicely vapable, just not as nice as a fresh grind in terms of flavour. It's pretty similar with any other similar style grinder.

@Shit Snacks I never turned the SLX upside down to grind as it got dirtier doing that. It has a fine/medium blend result using it upright which I found to be pretty good.
But I much prefer any of the BCG plates, and again I'm only grinding right side up. I guess the fine plate is the biggest improvement over the SLX, it produces reasonably fine and very consistent chop. The medium plate is as consistent but probably a bit coarser than the SLX used up right. The coarse is a bit larger a chop than the medium, but again as consistent.

Thanks my dudes! I did used to use mine right side up when I got it and it was okay, but I just got sick of the inconsistency, as larger chunks would inevitably fall through. True about the dirtyness as well, I should probably clean mine... But if I get one of these then why bother lol

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Thank you all for answering my dumb questions. Hopefully that will be all.

As you all surely know, it's hard to imagine some of the usage quirks of a product before owning it, but it's especially easy to wonder about them... not sure if there's a correlation here :spliff::spliff::spliff:

I also was desperately looking for a reason not to drop the cash on this, so take the dumb questions for what you will... clearly didn't work anyway

that combo @MoltenTiger posted earlier (emerald/onyx/sapphire) is what I got. I got a silver, and hematite plate as well.

Thanks again to all the folks who are helpful here, and thanks to @Grinders for Life who puts up with annoying fuckers like me ordering all different colors :D

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

The fine grind plate takes a bit more twisting than the others, but it's very consistent and fluffy. And, though I have a NewVape Fin Grinder and it will always have a place in my zombie apocalypse/post mushroom-cloud protection kit, I still prefer a grinder with an herb catch that I can just scoop out of to load my vaporizer(s) as needed.

If I still combusted, I'd never grind more than I needed and leave it in the grinder overnight...Hovever, with vaporizers, the drier herb vapes fantastically well (within limits, of course). So, as long as I don't grind more than I'll use in 1-2 days, I can leave it in the grinder and scoop out as needed. I wouldn't purposefully grind more than I'd use in 1-2 days without sealing it up in a better container.

I feel like if I have to grind upside down, then it's not the grinder for me...and I've had many grinders in the past that I did feel the need to grind upside down. I don't do that shit anymore, nor should I feel the need to.

Last edited:
Top Bottom