Brilliant Cut Grinder

Baron23

So, I bulk ground up some GG4 last evening and Spaced Cased it. I used my New Vape Arm Band fine grinder and I still love that grinder.

BUT, I also love my BCG (fine grind plate) and am very impressed with the design and quality of the device.

Both seemed to give me the same fine grind and both seem to be top quality products that will last for many, many years of use.

For bulk grinding, I do like the NV as the arm band feature provides great area and grip with which to grab and turn when stuffed with bud but I'm 66 and starting to get arthritis in my hands.

I continue to encourage Grinders for Life to make a larger model and consider carefully increasing the grip area provided on the top piece.

Cheers

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
Thinking I might skip a grinder all together initially and go whole nugs? Getting my first ever vaporizer, 2019 M, on 4/20.
The 2019 m is definitely a worth while investment, and doesn’t need ground up flower (you can just break off tiny bits to put in the tip), but I typically grind up my flower anyway so I can just stick the tip in the ground flower to load. All this to say I have lots of vapcaps and still very much want a BCG.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Just remember to sever the head or destroy the brain...if you find yourself facing zombie hoards :goon::zombie::goon:
Wait...I thought it was destroy the head, or sever the brain...
Your way makes more sense, now that I think about it. Do I need to do both? It's not like the chicken thing, where the zombie keeps running around after the heads chopped off, is It? I can't handle that. I have small feet, so running is difficult. It's too many steps, too fast. That's one of the reasons I vape.
If I only have time for one thing, the severing the head, or destroy the brain, which should I try ? Is the skull or spinal column more difficult to deal with, I guess is what I'm asking. Thanks for your help. I want answers, but I hate to have to read this entire thread. I don't mind a page or two, but at 41 pages, no one can expect a person to read that much, ever. You all got started without me.
Oh, I have a huge ass 4 inch grinder from 7th Floor. Can I just throw it at the zombies head? It would crack a skull on contact, no question. :uhoh:

Madri-Gal,

yeswecann

The 2019 m is definitely a worth while investment, and doesn’t need ground up flower (you can just break off tiny bits to put in the tip), but I typically grind up my flower anyway so I can just stick the tip in the ground flower to load. All this to say I have lots of vapcaps and still very much want a BCG.
I want one, a BCG, too but trying to keep my initial foray into vaporization expenditures down as I know it's likely a life long pursuit. Would you go Fine or Medium plate for vapcap?

I don't enjoy whole nugs in a vapcap. But my opinion may be swayed because I heat with an induction heater. :shrug:
How would you characterize the difference between nugs and ground? How and with what do you grind for vapcap?

Last edited by a moderator:
yeswecann,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

MoltenTiger

I don't enjoy whole nugs in a vapcap. But my opinion may be swayed because I heat with an induction heater. :shrug:
I enjoy whole nugs, but I prefer ground, with the vapcap.

I'm using a fine grind right now with a 2017 M and it's been brilliant.
Lots of conduction with a touch of convection, so you want a finer grind to maximise surface area and a light fluffy full pack for airflow.
The medium is alright, but the fine is the better suited IMO.

But you can't really go wrong, it's all enjoyable :) even the coarse, and even small pinches of bud. But the fine grind vapes the best, hands down.. better efficiency, greater extraction speed

You can go further and reap benefits too, with the MFLB Finishing Grinder.

Thinking about the idea of kief collecting for vapcaps - worth it, but also looking at my BCG there's a nice build up around the chamber

2up4qz6.jpg

Last edited:

yeswecann

I enjoy whole nugs, but I prefer ground, with the vapcap.

I'm using a fine grind right now with a 2017 M and it's been brilliant.
Lots of conduction with a touch of convection, so you want a finer grind to maximise surface area and a light fluffy full pack for airflow.
The medium is alright, but the fine is the better suited IMO.

But you can't really go wrong, it's all enjoyable :) even the coarse, and even small pinches of bud. But the fine grind vapes the best, hands down.. better efficiency, greater extraction speed

You can go further and reap benefits too, with the MFLB Finishing Grinder.

Thinking about the idea of kief collecting for vapcaps - worth it, but also looking at my BCG there's a nice build up around the chamber

2up4qz6.jpg
Thanks. Good info. I had a sense the fine plate would be best!

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Ordered my BCG on March 6th, just received shipping notice today (March 26th). Let us see how long the least expensive shipping method takes.
BCG delivered today in Upstate NY by USPS (April 3rd)

Edit: I selected the least expensive shipping option $7.32 USD. Edit2: Just ground two different strains, no fuss what so ever. Also very easy to dump the results into a @JyARz Satchmo storage container.

Last edited:

started@52

I have been waiting 7 weeks for a full onyx kit. Been putting off grinding till I receive it but now I’m running low on pre ground herb. Great way to use up old ground flower I guess and now enjoy a strain I did not like 6 months ago.

started@52,
Reactions: Ramahs

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I’m really glad and think it’s quite clever that GFL made a 3-piece as their first product to market. The fact it doesn’t have a screen helps to set them apart from the multitudes. Even though its material, design & operation really is unlike other grinders, it might not have made such a splash had it been just another four piece. After the standard 2-piece, most grinders in the mainstream are 4-piece; they would’ve been competing with all the premium brands plus the knock-offs and no-names. I believe my 88-yo mother is releasing her own grinder on Amazon next month.

IIRC, GFL settled on a 3-piece in part because they saw the void from posts here at FC. From the moment @lazylathe turned me on, the thing that excited me most was no screen as I had abandoned mine and turned the GR8TR into a 3-piece long ago. Then the design of the interchangeable plates and the machining was just gravy. The best fucking gravy that you will ever fucking have.

But I’m also really glad that GFL is making a 4-piece in the future since more folks need to get the BCG’s premium material/exceptional craftsmanship/modular design/ergonomic operation/kick-ass results into their lives. Some people might feel a pinch at the pricetag but I bet it disappears pretty quickly when they first inspect & hold the BCG and realise that they own a luxury item.

@started@52 you’re gonna love the Onyx I reckon, I sure do. My own torturous experience was even longer I think; although I honestly thought it would kill me, the anticipation and anxiety evaporated when I opened the box and a beam of sunlight shone down and I could swear I heard what sounded like angels singing Hallelujah. I know it sucks though, try vaping more!

Last edited:

johnnyCanuck

I’m really glad and think it’s quite clever that GFL made a 3-piece as their first product to market. The fact it doesn’t have a screen helps to set them apart from the multitudes. Even though its material, design & operation really is unlike other grinders, it might not have made such a splash had it been just another four piece. After the standard 2-piece, most grinders in the mainstream are 4-piece; they would’ve been competing with all the premium brands plus the knock-offs and no-names. I believe my 88-yo mother is releasing her own grinder on Amazon next month.

IIRC, GFL settled on a 3-piece in part because they saw the void from posts here at FC. From the moment @lazylathe turned me on, the thing that excited me most was no screen as I had abandoned mine and turned the GR8TR into a 3-piece long ago. Then the design of the interchangeable plates and the machining was just gravy. The best fucking gravy that you will ever fucking have.

But I’m also really glad that GFL is making a 4-piece in the future since more folks need to get the BCG’s premium material/exceptional craftsmanship/modular design/ergonomic operation/kick-ass results into their lives. Some people might feel a pinch at the pricetag but I bet it disappears pretty quickly when they first inspect & hold the BCG and realise that they own a luxury item.

@started@52 you’re gonna love the Onyx I reckon, I sure do. My own torturous experience was even longer I think; although I honestly thought it would kill me, the anticipation and anxiety evaporated when I opened the box and a beam of sunlight shone down and I could swear I heard what sounded like angels singing Hallelujah. I know it sucks though, try vaping more!

I personally give @lazylathe huge credit for his consistent shout outs to this awesome BCG in various social media communities. It really did catch my eye through his enthusiasm towards this grinder. And he did this without expectation of pay or reward.

Without his efforts, I don’t believe GFL would’ve been able to hit the ground running. Without him, GFL probably wouldn’t have had the opportunity to come into this thread and receive the design recommendations from experienced vaporists here. I tip my hat to you Lazylathe.

Baron23

I actually have no interest in a four piece...just not what I want/need though certainly others do.

I would like to see a wider diameter model with higher freeboard (sides where you grip, yeah) to provide grip for starting the grinding of larger loads.

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
I thought I wanted a four piece grinder. I was pretty well convinced.

It IS kinda fun to watch a bunch of kief build-up, and then use it in some creative way to increase your... well... creativity.

BUT...

As has been said, is there ever a time I would actively choose to split off some of the potency of my flower for later, and use less potent flower now so I can have a small amount of concentrated flower later? No... It sounds silly to me to even suggest such a thing.

My name is -dab8-, and I’m a 4 piece to 3 piece convert.

Top Bottom