Brilliant Cut Grinder

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
I am aroused. Go on, folks!

giphy.gif

notlow

Unnecessary Company Bashing, insults, and unfounded accusations. Warning point issued.
Can't tell if you're trolling or serious. In the case that you're serious:

It's not the most expensive grinder.

I like this response the most because you're the most entertainingly out to lunch, and maybe I am as well.

No, it's not the most expensive grinder. Is it a reasonable price for what it is? Maybe to someone, not to many.

There has not been radio silence.

I don't know what time period needs to pass in order for it to be considered radio silence by your definition, but 2 weeks later it feels pretty silent in here...

You really think this whole thing has been a ruse to get the data on a few hundred people? Are the beta testers in on it too? Where does the conspiracy end!?!

lol.. What? I'm saying the customer data is the most profitable thing they've got, given they can't actually deliver any product that they could sell for profit.

Why so salty?

How to launch a successful business/product 101:
- Make product appealing to someone
- Hype product for months on end
- Make website promising coming launch
- Launch "sales" (don't call it a pre-order) for product you do not have
- Charge enough money to instantly price out 90% of your market
- Place disclaimer about quantities and delays on your "sale" launch
- Try to quickly manufacture products that have already "sold"
- Blow your own launch day estimates and don't ship product people have paid for
- Keep a low profile hoping customers are too high to remember they gave you money

npKt6xa.gif

notlow,

MonkeyTime

I like this response the most because you're the most entertainingly out to lunch, and maybe I am as well.

No, it's not the most expensive grinder. Is it a reasonable price for what it is? Maybe to someone, not to many.

I don't know what time period needs to pass in order for it to be considered radio silence by your definition, but 2 weeks later it feels pretty silent in here...

lol.. What? I'm saying the customer data is the most profitable thing they've got, given they can't actually deliver any product that they could sell for profit.

- Blow your own launch day estimates and don't ship product people have paid for
- Keep a low profile hoping customers are too high to remember they gave you money

npKt6xa.gif

No my friend, I think you're looking for this thread:

Grasshopper

An items worth is nothing but a matter of perspective. I'll be the first to admit I don't read other forums or reddit, so if they're doing wrong by people elsewhere, I'm not aware of it. However, here, they've been nothing other than upfront and honest from what I can see. Sometimes when you fling stuff around, you get more on yourself than your intended target.....

why do you suspect that?

I was completely kidding, but it was in direct response to @notlow 's accusations.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@notlow, in case you haven't been following, the anodizing is being done on a made to order basis. From a business prospective, GFL doesn't need to make colors that aren't requested for the initial release, hence why a pre-order. The grinders are with the anodizer. The anodizer has other customers & is very busy. The grinders will be mailed out when the anodizition(?) is finished. That simple.

The initial release price of the grinder with all 3 grinder plates is not only fair, but very reasonable. For those feel it's more than they want to spend, then, they won't. Again, that simple.

BTW, did you order one?

Last edited:

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
@notlow, in case you haven't been following, the anodizing is being done on a made to order basis. From a business prospective, GFL doesn't need to make colors that aren't requested for the initial release, hence why a pre-order. The grinders are with the anodizer. The anodizer has other customers & is very busy. The grinders will be mailed out when the anodizition(?) is finished. That simple.

The initial release price of the grinder with all 3 grinder plates is very reasonable. If some feel it's more than they want to spend, then, they won't.

BTW, did you order one?
Thank you for this information, @Summer.

415vapor

While I don't agree with @notlow 's first post I do appreciate their clarification in the 2nd. I suspect your expectations are just a lot higher than everyone else's. If you've been following this thread and their instagram then you would know to expect delays. If you're aware of a majority of startup launches you would know that a majority of them simply don't meet launch date, etc etc. I agree with you that this is poor business practice and I'm not defending it but you seem unaware that this is the current trend in production. For those who have expectations of start-ups being delay and bug free it's probably best that they wait for all the bugs to be ironed out and buy when production had fully ramped up. NOT on day 1. lol. Patience is a tricky thing in regards to this!

One more observation - I bet this "bad biz practice" comment get's made in EVERY new product thread. So the real question is why we get suckered into talking about it. ;-) And again, I agree that it IS bad biz, but its the norm. I'd love to see a startup with zero bugs, but is that a realistic expectation?

I would like to note that IF it's been two weeks since GFL's last post an update every two weeks isn't too terrible a thing to ask for, is it? Yes we know they are probably at the anodizer and yes we know the anodizer is swamped with work, so how are they coming along is the Q.

Hey at least the drama is getting this thread going now lol. Unless something crazy gets said I intend on my next post to be a beautiful pic of the best grinder I've used!!

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
Great post @415vapor. But let's not forget into bring to attention the fact that GFL has, for a small startup, invested quite heavily. Without reading back, I think there were like 11 or 13 protoypes. Investment in specialized durable equipment. It's a huge amount of money for a startup to have to outlay & then add'l. outlays for the unexpected mistakes that arise -- like that batch that had to be shit-canned, though I don't know why.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpF8EWqhXm4/

And while you all are looking at that pic, take a look at the other pics -- this grinder is cut superbly. A huge amount of detail went into it's production. And although it is anodyzed aluminum that some seem to pooh-pooh, you can see the quality of the pieces in the pics. Personally, I like that the aluminum is a lighter material than steel, &, yet, while light, it has a solid feel to it. (For anyone who doesn't know, I received a beta version.) It's a good grade aluminum they are using. Of course, it would be the end all if it were in titanium, but then I wouldn't be able to ever afford it.

As I understand it, GFL does the entire manufacturing process in-house & then sends to the anodyzer. If I recall correctly I saw a post video on IG showing a grinder in the process of being milled. That milling is brutally tough on the equipment. I'll see if I can find a link to post.

Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

npKt6xa.gif
Warning point issued for being insulting, bashing the company unnecessarily and making unfounded accusations. Any further posts along those lines will bring more warning points and a thread ban. Please go back and read the forum rules that you agreed to when you registered.

Thank you.

:peace:

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
I believe they sent all of us updates by mail. Indeed the anodizing was troublesome. Still in process.

Ya, was disappointed to read it, but glad GFL is making sure the product is perfect before sending it out. You know this has to be an expensive hit for them as well.

Here's the full message for those that are curious:

"Sorry for the extended delay in receiving your grinder order, but there has been a problem with the anodization of the grinders. Some parts were not meeting our quality standards, and we had to remake them. This has delayed the shipping of your grinder. We have already machined the new parts and they are at the anodizer waiting to be anodized.

We have paid extra to expedite the anodization service, so they should be ready next week. We again apologize for making you wait this long.

We may have failed to meet your expectations on the delivery times of your purchase but we are confident that the grinder itself will meet or exceed your expectations in its quality and performance.

We value all of our customers, especially the ones who supported us early on. There will be a 30-day money back guarantee, so if you have any issues with the grinder during that period, you’ll be able to return it with no questions asked for a full refund. We will also pay for the return shipping.

Thank you for your patience and support.

Best regards,
GFL Team"

415vapor

Interesting. I didn't get that email - I wonder if it was certain colors (gold and blue for me) affected? I'm glad GFL is paying attention to QA vs just sending us grinders and dealing with feedback about imperfections. I think that's a better choice.

Maybe later they can have a factory seconds sale.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Interesting. I didn't get that email - I wonder if it was certain colors (gold and blue for me) affected? I'm glad GFL is paying attention to QA vs just sending us grinders and dealing with feedback about imperfections. I think that's a better choice.

Maybe later they can have a factory seconds sale.

My order was for 2 Sapphire Blue grinders. We're you Sky or Sapphire?

415vapor

Sooooo....it was a timing issue! I was curious about the email and kindly sent GFL a note that perhaps they have a bug in their distro list...Their reply:
"We didn't make a mistake by not sending you an email.
Your sapphire grinder with gold medium and fine middle plates will ship today.
There were a few Sapphire grinders that are shippable and yours is one of them."
:rofl::clap::rockon:
WOOO WOOOO!

Soon guys and gals, soon!!!

elykpeace

exVASted
Wow, I'm impressed.
Not very impressive. Company is called grinders for life not grinders for 30 days. For some reason I thought it would have a lifetime warranty.

Another slow to release product... Bummed but it's the price we pay to be first. Onyx on the way soon I hope. Good luck my friends! I hope they make it to some people in time for Christmas

415vapor

@elykpeace no no, you misunderstood (??) - lifetime warranty, 30 day money back guarantee. two separate things!!
https://grindersforlife.com/faq/
last line on the faq.

now them being a startup and all they have a slightly confusing policy:
https://grindersforlife.com/refund-policy/

I'm reading all this as:
30 day no questions asked money back
60 day money back if its damaged (during shipping??)
lifetime warranty to the original owner on defects. (now it even says here "refund" ??)

Disclaimer: this is soley my interpretation and think they should clean up the verbiage on their policy. To clean-up I would find "45-day no questions asked money back guarantee and lifetime replacement/repair warranty on defects/craftmanship" acceptable. This is a vote of one and I am only a ceo of myself. lol

Last edited:

elykpeace

exVASted
@elykpeace no no, you misunderstood (??) - lifetime warranty, 30 day money back guarantee. two separate things!!
https://grindersforlife.com/faq/
last line on the faq.

now them being a startup and all they have a slightly confusing policy:
https://grindersforlife.com/refund-policy/

I'm reading all this as:
30 day no questions asked money back
60 day money back if its damaged (during shipping??)
lifetime warranty to the original owner on defects. (now it even says here "refund" ??)

Disclaimer: this is soley my interpretation and think they should clean up the verbiage on their policy. To clean-up I would find "45-day no questions asked money back guarantee and lifetime replacement/repair warranty on defects/craftmanship" acceptable. This is a vote of one and I am only a ceo of myself. lol
Yeah I'm not sure ... The whole 30 day replacement sounds like the andonozing isn't going so well and they anticipate people having problems- or maybe they are just trying to make it sound nice like we are getting a well polished product but since it's late they sweeten the deal with the 30 day. I know if it's not all it's cracked up to be I'll be taking advantage of that. 90 bucks is a lot but this hopefully will be the last GrAS purchase for a long time ... For life? Who knows but yeah agree @415vapor they should clarify their verbage

elykpeace,
Reactions: juxt
Top Bottom