Boundless Tera

jerseydvd

Users from the CFV (don't remember up to wich date) are gonna be able to upgrade to Tera for 50$ if I remember right :)

Just a question from all users now, how needed a stirring is with this vape?
I haven’t had to stir even a full pack bowl. Came out nice and evenly browned.
So far, with the glass mouthpiece it hits like a champ, even at MUCH lower temps than I’m used to. Honestly lll, probably never use/try the swivel. By now you know I’m all about them fixing the WPA. But so far, with glass mouthpiece, it’s hits great and with VeRY little draw resistance.

Jersey

sammuel

The lubricant they spray on the molds used to make the mouthpiece bits from is an oil used to keep the parts from sticking in the mold. If it’s not washed off, upon heating will start to dry out releasing its volatile elements.

It’s pretty stable at room temperature and requires water above 170*F with a detergent (dish soap) to clean it off. Has to be rinsed off with water above 170F or it will reattach to the part.

I’d rather wash it off than inhale it.

The problem is that I have no way to tell what temperature the water is... there's cold or hot water from the tap, and of course can get the water boiled but otherwise I have no indication that the water is 170-180F :shrug::)

sammuel,

jerseydvd

0dbyYCC.jpg

Works amazing... First mod guys? :lol:
Ooh! So what ya got going on there and exactly how?
That long mouthpiece must be soooo much nicer to hit than the stubby one it comes with.

I’m going to call you MacGuyer for a while!

Jersey.

sammuel

I haven’t had to stir even a full pack bowl. Came out nice and evenly browned.
So far, with the glass mouthpiece it hits like a champ, even at MUCH lower temps than I’m used to. Honestly lll, probably never use/try the swivel. By now you know I’m all about them fixing the WPA. But so far, with glass mouthpiece, it’s hits great and with VeRY little draw resistance.

Jersey

Is it the taste or the draw resistance that makes you prefer the glass mouthpiece over the swivel one?

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
Ooh! So what ya got going on there and exactly how?
That long mouthpiece must be soooo much nicer to hit than the stubby one it comes with.

I’m going to call you MacGuyer for a while!

iu

MacGyver aka @dtaxx told us above (page 21) that the Arizer AIR/SOLO stems fit perfectly if either wrapped with a bit of tape or with the rubber from the Xmax v2 water adapter. :)

Last edited:

jerseydvd

Is it the taste or the draw resistance that makes you prefer the glass mouthpiece over the swivel one?
I just prefer glass. I almost never vape or anything out of my house. If I did, maybe the swivel would be fine. Being around the house though, may as well use the glass or WPA.
Don’t know about resistance or anything, I took off the swivel first thing.

Jersey

SpudBob

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Urgent: Guys, prior to actually using it do BURN OFFS at all means!!! This one offgasses A LOT.
Have been running it on concentrate mode for more than 5 minutes and it doesn't stop... If I blow in from the intake there a constant stream of fumes... still.
As for the silicones on the mouthpiece: use warm/hot coconut hot and let em soak for 10 minutes, then rinse with hot water. Good to go.
But as for the device itself, PLAY IT SAFE!!!!!

vapen00b

PIU has them in stock.
Dying to see the teardown.

Me too... What the bleep is in there..?!
I'm still burning off like crazy and to be honest it's quite shocking...
Don't want to scare anyone off but encourage everyone to spend some serious time to get this lil fcker clean. As soon as you start to think it might dissipate, you realize it's just the timeout. Start over again at 260C max temp and there it comes again. If you constantly blow into the intake and have some okayish background lightning, it's quite a sensation... not kidding. Will be trying to show what I'm talking about. Again, please no one start a shit parade... It's my observations that I think are important to get out to you FC fam people!

:peace:

jerseydvd

Me too... What the bleep is in there..?!
I'm still burning off like crazy and to be honest it's quite shocking...
Don't want to scare anyone off but encourage everyone to spend some serious time to get this lil fcker clean. As soon as you start to think it might dissipate, you realize it's just the timeout. Start over again at 260C max temp and there it comes again. If you constantly blow into the intake and have some okayish background lightning, it's quite a sensation... not kidding. Will be trying to show what I'm talking about. Again, please no one start a shit parade... It's my observations that I think are important to get out to you FC fam people!

:peace:
Appreciate your report!!!

Also been doing burn offs at 500 degrees, and there's still a plastic smell coming from the bowl :(

Jersey

Last edited:

Razor

Vape Critics' initial review of the Tera @ 31 min. I'm just watching it now, so ...

A for effort is something you say to something that isnt that good but tried hard. I dont believe that would apply here. I cant really take this guy seriously anymore.

That plastic smell sounds like a possible quality control issue maybe since not all of us are getting it. That really sucks. Would love to see a video of it off gassing. I did blow into mine from the other end after it heated up and didnt see anything luckily. Have you contacted them for a possible exchange?

vapen00b

Just took delivery of the unit.........prepping the cleaning and de-smelling tools now.

Hey man,

please also pay attention to the noises when turning yours on for the first time.
I had some crackling sounds.. a bit like when drops of water hit the stove top.

My first set of fully charged HE4s are drained now... gotten pretty warm as well.
I won't be able to fuck around much more today and honestly I'm losing the fun right now... uploading a 19 secs video to dropfile and it's always restarting and it's taking forever. I know why I don't do videos. Trying to get this job done at least.
Get a flashlight and just believe your eyes... No worries, the naked eye will see it too. ;)

Please let me know about your observations!

My unit DOES vibrate at target temp, but not when starting to heat up.
Battery cover is a bit wobbly, won't fall off but I can play drums with it if I tap it with my finger... wiggle roomey

Here's a short clip - it's 31MB for a <20 secs clip. Just holding it in my hand. Could not manage to get a good shot when blowing thru the intake... it's really catalyzes the fumes to a crazy extend almost like a cigarette on idle, blueish fumes (illuminated with flashlight)... Try for yourselves.
https://dropfile.to/EJSeMd5

Guess I need a neutral sesh now... Thank God I'm covered with different vapes. Would be frustrating otherwise... ;)
Won't give up - just fed up for the moment... It's been more than an hour now by far.

Last edited:

jerseydvd

A for effort is something you say to something that isnt that good but tried hard. I dont believe that would apply here. I cant really take this guy seriously anymore.

That plastic smell sounds like a possible quality control issue maybe since not all of us are getting it. That really sucks. Would love to see a video of it off gassing. I did blow into mine from the other end after it heated up and didnt see anything luckily. Have you contacted them for a possible exchange?
Yeah, I sent an email to Eric about all my concerns...
I expect he's rather busy, but I'm sure he'll get back to me.....

Jersey

LabPong

Just did the first 2 burn ins................ewwww not cool. This is way worse then the fake arizer air i got on eaby and returned.....

I will have to do many more burn in's it looks like. So the others that are reporting the same things are true on my end as well with the large amounts of smells and stuff burning off from the heater upward with nothing attached to the mouth piece area yet.

My first burn in run was like what vapen00b shows. But then I am not sure how i set it to do so...but maybe the concentrate setting>? It went to 500F.....

The 2nd burn in at 500F was super super nasty with large amounts of smoke/crap/stuff burning at an alarming amount. It was like it was loaded with something ready to toke ...... WTF boundless.....?

I really hope this wont get returned ...........I think I will run through 6-12 burn in's and see what happens over the next day here before I even think of using it.

Keep in mind also while reading this.....I really do not see how this is overblown at the moment. I have never seen such a thing with the amount of fumes and smells. But I am trying to stay positive here and work through this properly. I am also pretty sensitive with tastes and smells. So.....until further cleaning/burn offs, I will hold off on a final verdict.

Esea84

Urgent: Guys, prior to actually using it do BURN OFFS at all means!!! This one offgasses A LOT.
Have been running it on concentrate mode for more than 5 minutes and it doesn't stop... If I blow in from the intake there a constant stream of fumes... still.
As for the silicones on the mouthpiece: use warm/hot coconut hot and let em soak for 10 minutes, then rinse with hot water. Good to go.
But as for the device itself, PLAY IT SAFE!!!!!

Wow, thanks for the heads up!

I regret not beeing carefull with this now. Im a newbie when it comes to vaporizers and i already used it multiple times, but i only did two burnoffs at 220c before that. Didn't think it over much, thought it would be ok, now im worried i inhaled some unhealthy things already. Why is there no information about burning off in the manual? If this is actually necessary, there should be.

Since im a newbie im not familiar with how things should taste and everything. I only had a CF for a month before this one and i sent that one back because i found out about the upcoming tera. I did not enjoy the taste too much so far though, but.. its not fair to just blame the tera, i didnt even try the herb i used in another vaporizer, so i dont have anything to compare it to.

Im doing the same now, in concentrate mode there is alot of smoke or whatever coming out of it, even after 5 times of 5 minutes. This can't be good, right!? Im worried now.

Also some other things i just now noticed:

- 1: When i look down in the bowl, the 5 holes at the bottom are not in the center of the bowl, are you guys tera's the same? It seems odd.

- 2: The vibration is acting up now, it makes wierd noises, like something is not in place. Sometimes it sounds normal, sometimes it sounds not right.. so thats not good.

Other than that im suprised no one mentioned the glass mouth piece getting too hot. I'v been using the mighty glass mouthpiece with it, which doesn't get that hot, but doesn't fit perfectly either. It works, but you have to push it down sometimes to keep it in place.

It's not my intention to sound too negative here, but i don't understand things like this. I mean, if you test it, you notice it, don't the people at boundless test these things? The glass mouthpiece gets too hot quickly, its too small, thats obvious. Same with the wpa, for me, that's not a big issue, but seriously, when you test it, it's not hard to figure out it doesn't really work well, right? Again, not trying to be mr. negative here, but i don't understand how obvious things like that don't get noticed when tested and changed.

I was very excited for quite a while about the tera, right now.. not so much. I might send it back and hope i didn't inhale too much plastic. The whole point of a vaporizer is to be able to avoid unhealthy things.. Or am i exaggerating this, and should just burn off till clean and not worry about it?

Last edited:

Razor

Yeah the first thing I do with every vape is put it as high as it goes, look inside for gass and blow through the vapor path from the exit hole if I can. Gotta do that until you dont see anything come out. I guess I was lucky as nothing really came out of mine.

This is full convection too so you gotta wipe the bowl out as well since it wont get hot enough to burn off unless you keep blowing for a while through the other end. Wipe down first then heat it up by blowing the hot air through it a few times.

I'm getting pretty sick of the wpa lol. It's gotten stuck in my glass piece multiple times now so I've switched back to the cfx with that wpa (that doesnt get stuck). I gotta figure a work around for it. Gonna put my head down and try some stuff out.

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
Here's a short clip - it's 31MB for a <20 secs clip. Just holding it in my hand. Could not manage to get a good shot when blowing thru the intake... it's really catalyzes the fumes to a crazy extend almost like a cigarette on idle, blueish fumes (illuminated with flashlight)... Try for yourselves.
https://dropfile.to/EJSeMd5

That looks disgusting indeed. Even if one is not too concerned about the whole "foreign smell and taste thing". I hope to have mine in my hands tomorrow, but my anticipation has decreased a bit...

But it seems as if we have two device types here: Those having the normal and tolerable new device smell and those with a real problem. Let's see which part of the lot will land here tomorrow.

Last edited:

Jack_72

The whole point of a vaporizer is to be able to avoid unhealthy things.. Or am i exaggerating this, and should just burn off till clean and not worry about it?
Not at all, this is a real NO-GO and I mean it that way. If I had received one of the units that produce smoke (because that does not look like vapour) I would not even use it after several burn ins causing the smoke to diesapper. I would always be feared there still could be some dissolving sunstanced which you could not notice by your bare eyes.
I really understand that its absolutely normal if the unit smells in the beginning but smoke? WTF? Get a replacement device for that guys!!!

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Hm note that the polyimide tape was smelly but I never saw any fumes. Excepted for the FM8 alpha, but this was really an engineering sample not meant for resale nor real use, and the culprit was something else.

Guys please make sure to clean all parts thoroughly *before* doing the burn-ins.

Also 260°C must be really stressful for most materials. I know that if they allowed it, it's expected to work, but that's very high for any portable device out there.

Top Bottom