BMIC x Boundless DV8 - Dry Herb vape

StinKing

I've had the DV8 for a couple of weeks now and while it gets the job done, I can't really recommend this vape.

The DV8 outer casing is all steel. While this makes for a very durable construction, the vape weighs a ton! A big deal? Yes and no. I don't really mind the weight, but others might and it's hefty enough for me to point it out. I haven't used it to hammer any nails yet, but, with this hefty steel construction, I can tell I definitely would be able to if I needed to.

Vapor isn't bad. If I go to around 400, I get light tasty clouds and at 425, it can chuck out some vapor. Judging by the performance and taste, I would say it's a 70% conduction and 30% convection device. That's just from testing though, and I don't know what the actual values are. My gripe with the vapor is that it comes out a bit hot at the higher end, and the cooling unit isn't the best at cooling down the vapor and because of the design, there is no way to mod it, via new stem or water cooling, to get the temps down.

Battery life is a bit weak as well. I can probably get 5-7 uses out of the device, depending on the power I've set it too. This is somewhat on par with other vapes out there, but those tend to be more budget friendly vapes and they often come with inexpensive, non-proprietary batteries that you can swap out. I have not looked into the cost of their batteries, but I don't see this vape being in my steady rotation to warrant getting spares.

The design itself is pretty neat. It comes with a completely removable door that hides the electronic info screen and a spot to keep a cleaning pick and two dosing caps. The spot to keep the two caps is pretty clutch and well designed as well. Maintenance is pretty nice too. It's easy to clean, pretty easy to pack and comes with multiple dosing capsules to help keep the device clean and convenient.

The thing that bothers me the most with the device is that it stays on for probably, 3ish mins? I haven't looked up the exact time. The three mins limit isn't a big deal, and I could probably increase this time if I looked around the manual a bit but what gets me is that the device does not let you know when it shuts down. Most devices vibrate or beep when shutting down but this guy just turns off and the electronic screen is hidden away behind the panel when in use, so you kind of just stop getting vapor out of no where. Again, I know I could remedy this by increasing the time, but it just seems like such a simple thing to vibrate or beep when shutting off that leads me to wonder why or how they overlooked this feature.

Overall, I would definitely say to pass this guy up if you're suffering from VAS or looking for a new device. For the price, $216, there are much better vapes out there. It's a cool looking vape and will definitely turn heads and get people to say, "Woh! What the heck is that?". Some people might like that, I do. I don't regret purchasing and will use every now and then, but again, for anyone out there debating on picking this up, unless you're a bit of a collector, like myself, I would advise against picking this one up.

If anyone has any questions regarding the device, let me know.

Rip on, bros!

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
LIPO packs are used in many products now, including vape devices. While most are not replaceable, they do offer a safer chemistry than the cylinder lithium batteries we prefer. Not sure why they choose to use the word “proprietary”, if you can replace them anyways. This is NOT the same as the Grasshopper device (which I own). They decided to have their own battery made to keep the GH in a pocket pen size. While these are truly proprietary, they are not what undid the GH, it was the lack of any customer support, which you can learn about in the GH thread. LIPO batteries also benefit the device designers as they can be made in many odd sizes, unlike an 18650 lithium. That’s what’s in your cell phone….

Top Bottom