Blood donation, from a pot head

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluemonkey

Hey guys just wondering if anybody has any information about blood donation, it is worth doing, if you smoke pot

Basically i know i could go, lie on the form, say i don't use drugs and donate regardless,
however i presume they test this blood for impurities, would my donation just be discarded?
or can they "clean" the blood.
Or am i way off the mark?

I'm not sure if its not allowed as the drug illegal(here), or that it genuinely makes it unsuitable for donation.
as the MJ is legal (early stages i know) in the US, it might clear it up.

bluemonkey,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
At least here in Canada, you will not be refused as a donor unless you are very obviously under the influence at the time. THC detectors are not blood based, so there would be no way to test for content. You should be good, and someone will really appreciate having their life saved by your blood one day I'm sure.

morninglight

I donate every 56 days and they only check your arms for needles. If you head over to redcrossblood.org you will find that they don't care about THC in your system; they do care if you are medicated at the time of your donation. I encourage everyone to donate regularly especially if you are the universal donor, like myself. O+

They do screen your blood to test your iron level before donating so make sure to eat iron rich foods the couple of days before you plan on donating. Also, if you rub your finger tips together for 10-20 seconds before they prick your finger, I believe this helps raise the iron to the surface when they collect the sample (at least I was told this could help by a red cross volunteer).

Not only will you be helping others in need of blood but you never know when you'll need a blood transfusion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom