Black Leaf (Near Dark GmbH)

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
So Leviathanpipes makes M&M Tech. Didn't know. My M&M Tech shower head is one of my oldest and favorites. Solid piece and a good traveler :)

PhotoRider,
Reactions: Takavor23

Takavor23

Lev of Leviathan
Glass Blower
It is actually the other way around m & m tech make leviathan pipes. I'm glad to hear you enjoy your piece. Always great to hear good things about our glass.

davesmith

Glass Blower
Cheers PR. I just don't like buying products made by exploited workers. I couldn't give a flying toss about American glass (I live in the UK anyway) I just want to know that I'm not funding slave labour. The "market stall glass" we get over here is made in India and the conditions those people work in is an insult. I just though the price of black leaf is almost too good o be true if they've got some morals and good company ethics.

Thanks for the input

Peace

davesmith,

PhotoRider

Cheers PR. I just don't like buying products made by exploited workers. I couldn't give a flying toss about American glass (I live in the UK anyway) I just want to know that I'm not funding slave labour. The "market stall glass" we get over here is made in India and the conditions those people work in is an insult. I just though the price of black leaf is almost too good o be true if they've got some morals and good company ethics.

Thanks for the input

Peace
Peace back, but that's just your opinion right? or do you have data to back up your slave labor claim?
If you don't you are blowing smoke and I hate reading strong opinions w/o any data to justify them - that leads to exploitation - they very thing you seems to dislike, interesting animal farm... I promptly discount such opinions as pure opinions not based on real data.

I don't see black leaf really costing less than many budget glass made here. My M&M tech pipe cost the same as most of my Black Leaf stuff so I guess Takavor23 builds theirs with slave labor then... bet not though.

BTW Not saying M&M Tech is budget either because its an awesome piece.

I also find is disconcerting I am labeled as Black Leaf here. I own some and commented about them as info. I don't have anything to do with the company, in fact of the 80 pipes I own, most are not Black Leaf and most are Heady.

So @davesmith Thanks for your opinion, which I don't share and recent the fact you have labeled as a Black Leaf company man in which I support slave labor. I think you should look at you own ethics and morality having such strong opinions w/o any real data to support them. I am sure you would be the first to cry foul if you were convicted of a crime w/o actual data to prove it, so why have the ethics to do the same to others?

Cheers and please not not address me as a BL person - thanks and please if you state something as fact, please provide data to justify it as fact or simply state I "thinK' or "I'm concerned".

PhotoRider,
Reactions: Roger D
man, i think you completely misunderstood dave!

he was just trying to get some solid info about BL to be able to make an informed decision as a customer :) (i for one applaud dave for this - if more people were thinking like that, the world would be quite different)

but i really don't see any attack on you at all, or where he does adress you as a BL shill...

relax man, everybody here knows you know your glass - that's probably the reason dave adressed you, he was hoping you would have more insight to share about the circumstances of the production of BL pieces ;)

always enjoy your posts about glass photorider!

good vibes

PhotoRider

man, i think you completely misunderstood dave!

he was just trying to get some solid info about BL to be able to make an informed decision as a customer :) (i for one applaud dave for this - if more people were thinking like that, the world would be quite different)

but i really don't see any attack on you at all, or where he does adress you as a BL shill...

relax man, everybody here knows you know your glass - that's probably the reason dave adressed you, he was hoping you would have more insight to share about the circumstances of the production of BL pieces ;)

always enjoy your posts about glass photorider!

good vibes
Oh, I did misunderstand. @davesmith sorry man. I forgot about your earlier post. Took your post as a dig.

I don't know if its slave labor. I give the benefit of the doubt, but if it was I share your opinion.

@SoulCaptivesAreFree thanks for pointing it out and correcting me :) I deserved it.

Last edited:

davesmith

Glass Blower
No worries people, would never intend offense or have digs.

E2a
If I can find the videos and info about the Indian glass shops ill post it up. It was showed to me by a local glass artist and the vids addressed more commercial glass products than pipes etc bu ill ask him to forward me a link and stick it in here

Peace

davesmith,

Hexi

Sometimes we get caught up in the idea of exploited workers in countries other than our own. Yes, lots of factories in China have deplorable conditions, like Foxconn that makes XBOX iPhones and iPads etc.. and the suicide nets..

However these conditions are not for every factory in every industry and are really a byproduct of going through the physical durable goods manufacturing center development of a country. The USA has lost most of our manufacturing base, so now we have high end, specialized manufacturing on the rise.

But that factory tour video kinda shows the reality.... these aren't 7 year olds chained to a sewing machine... but I still see a lot of safety issues and quality issues in that vid. Then again, the only manufacturing I've seen up close has nothing to do with glass blowing, so maybe that just looks unsafe to me because I'm looking at it with a much different perspective (totally different industry)

That being said...does someone have a good list of USA retailers with black leaf products to compare?

Planet vapes

grass city (sux?)

idk wut iOfffer is.. but is that a EU thing?

Top Bottom