Black Leaf (Near Dark GmbH)

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
sorry to hear bout your dad, hope he bounces back up soonish. Will be awaiting some pics and or vids in due time;)

I wish, he is 92 and will not make 93 in Oct. However I am excited for him. He says he i ready.

Normally I use a vape pen for video (easier to do - you what a nail or is that OK?

tepictoton

That's nice.

I guess that does not matter that much, as long as we can get a good look at the percs firing ;)

tepictoton,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have been looking at a blackleaf bong to go with solo, I would go for the pinnacle wt if there were any stockists in uk, I have been looking at blackleaf elite bong, anyone know if it would suit my needs? thanks

The BLACK LEAF Bubbler with all the extra stuff I add just for fun!
By it's self is enough!
The mouth piece provides the perfect draw for the SOLO!

ataxian,
Reactions: Hexi

PhotoRider

OK, some video's of the black leaf pipes:

Black Leaf BLA B 02 Blaze Double Cape Prec:

Black Leaf 20 18 18 10-arm Octobong:

Black Leaf BLA B 10 Blaze 10-arm perc:

Black Leaf BLA 124 8-Arm Percolator Bong:

Black Leaf BLA EO 04 Blaze Ice Oil pipe with twin turbine:

PhotoRider

Another set (limited to 5)

Black Leaf BLA B 06 Blaze bubbler with 9 arm perk:

Black Leaf BLA B 09 Blaze colored shower head:

The Black Leaf BLA B 04 Blaze bubbler with 6 arm perk:

The Black Leaf GPER 018S Mini Nautilus:

The Black Leaf 20 18 17 Smoke Shower:

tepictoton

Hihi, thanks for sharing.

from what i can see with the cage perc, it does not seem to stack an bubbles...Maybe the slits are a bit to wide to get the stacking going? I was really hoping this piece would function a bit better...

You have this coloured showerhead in one of your videos. I have a kind of copy of that, but then from Bent. The showerhead is gridded, and to be honest it works great. But i probably paid about four times more then the blaze version woudl have cost me...

Is there any piece in particulare you yourself would say to check out? Any daily drivers:)

tepictoton,

PhotoRider

Yes the double cage slits are a bit large and the volume is a bit much for me.

The black leaf designs I like the most are the 6 & 9 arm blaze glass, the tall turbine with perc and the Octobongs. The daily drivers for me are the 2 octobongs one for flower and one for oil (using aa e-pen like the Omicron carts or Cera). I also really like the SA 524 which is the pipe Ataxian posted above. I like smaller the most (and medium). Ice pipes I doesn't use much. Ice lowers the effect I have noticed and read even though it is easier to handle.

My favorite designs are fret disks, honey combs and recycler's. Pulse, Sheldon Black, Mothership, J-Red, David Goldstein etc.

The BL stuff are a budget pipe, but well made and solid. Thry are 80% my good glass - that extra 20% is 5x the cost, but some art included :)

If there is something else you would like to see let me know because I have access to most of their products - well the good ones. Some I just blow off :)

PhotoRider

b0

Cloudy...
where i got mine. Shipping takes awhile and customs held my order for almost 30 days. Guess they like to mess with people....

Stupid customs... Parafernalia is still ilegal in some states? I remember it was before :(

b0,
Reactions: ataxian

that herb guy

Stupid customs... Parafernalia is still ilegal in some states? I remember it was before :(

I think technically paraphernalia is illegal in all states. That's why pretty much everything you buy says 'for tobacco use only' or signs are posted around the shop. But, it's not paraphernalia until it's used illicitly. The only exception I can think of in the US would be WA or CO (whichever states legalized recreational use), but even then I'm not sure of the technicalities.

that herb guy,

PhotoRider

That's why the term "bong" isn't used in Oregon glass shops :)

The invoice changes the names of certain stuff. Especially the "OIL" rigs. Hard to say tobacco when it says oil. So they changed all the oil to simply "o". Customs didn't like a description being just "o" and kicked it into secondary review. That takes 30 days and they can just throw it away. UPS can't do anything...

davesmith

Glass Blower
Just interested if they're chinese/indian/wherever sweat shop things or not.

Had a search and checked their website but couldn't find anything.

Cheers for any input

davesmith,
Reactions: Roger D

redglassgallery

JHANPIXEL
Glass Blower
there are some that are made overseas and im sure there are some made locally wherever the brand is carried.

that being said if you are buying in person you can inspect the quality yourself and if it meets your quality / price needs - does it really matter where it came?

oneinfinitecreator

that being said if you are buying in person you can inspect the quality yourself and if it meets your quality / price needs - does it really matter where it came?

I feel the same way. As much as I respect the idea of 'US blown glass' and i'm sure there are definite advantages in both customer service and quality of work, I don't get the hate on glass from other countries. Yes, bad china glass is bad glass, but so is bad American glass. I've seen locally blown stuff with Schott that is really quite bad. I've also seen China glass that was immaculate.

We live in a global society these days. I don't like to judge artists by their nationality I like to judge by the quality of their work first and foremost. With that said, my favorite piece is US blown as I went custom, which is a huge advantage of hunting down a local (or internet) glass artist :) To each their own!

PhotoRider

I own many BL pieces. Bought from them while in Germany. About 20 pieces...

Everything is well made and as good as any low cost American glass however, it is made in China, but quality control is done by Black Leaf. Not sure if the factory is captive or not, but it is their designs made to order for them only. They do have talented blowers, just wonder how they are treated though. There is a video from Black Leaf inspecting their factory - marketing stuff really in the Black Leaf thread. It clearly shows its China

The Octobong pair are some of my favorite pipes, one for vapor, one for flower. The function and taste are excellent and got for a song also. If I break one, no big deal. Their Blaze line is their upper end stock. Mostly oil now, but their flower stuff is good to.

If you are looking at their stuff PM me, I can give you some information about it or images/vids plus where to get one at a good price like I did - nothing in it for me, just sharing the wealth. I did put up a few vids in the BL thread.

Top Bottom