Biggest cloud "generator"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunnyHours

I'm torn between 5 vapes (in order of preference, for now)
Quality and Quantity of vapor is a must
Efficiency is a plus...

Supreme Vaporizer (if it's still sold?)
Vriptech Vapor Heat Wand (back in the days I wanted their HG model with the Heat gun haha)

Heat Island (HI)

VapeXhale Cloud

As you can see, ease of use is not much of a problem.
And it will be used through my 14.4mm Roor.

From what I've seen I'd prefer the HI for it's ease of use on the "lazy" days, but I'm unsure if it will produce those big hits I like so much.

The Supreme seems easier to use than the VHW since it's similar to a nail and dome...

And then there's the VapeXhale Cloud, which is bulkier, but since it's half-released, it's hard to compare it to the other vapes I've listed. My impression is the VXC is a bigger "log" vape that would compare with the VHW. Hopefully stonemonkey55 will comment on this one since I've seen his vids. did some nice milks with both :o
Seeing that with today's technology you could milk a bong with vapor amazed me. Hence my quest for a vaporizer for my bong.

Thanks for your comments!

mod note- Why would you think this type of post goes here? Thread moved.
General Vaporization Discussion

Vapor related but not model specific

SunnyHours,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
High there!

Check the HI thread. I've seen some nasty-ass clouds blown by JedHIs (i.e., current owners). Plenty of vids to review. There's a waiting list, so you may want to jump on.

Vapinghole,

nowonknows

LSV is another option, 2 minute heat up time, can produce clouds that'll throw anyone into a coughing fit, really great for getting there quick in a big way. I've had mine for a year, you can use it with or without water pipes, but I havent used mine without other then a few times when I first got it to check it out. I've used mine daily, dropped a dozen or so times (without even braking the glass) and have no faults with it.

nowonknows,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
In short, all of those models will produce sufficient clouding, and many more that you haven't mentioned too. Just a random few that come to mind right now are the Underdog, the SSV/DBV, or the Vapocane.

Funny you expect a Supreme will be easier to use than a VHW btw, I doubt many will agree with you comparing handling a torch vs plugging something in to a socket.

I'm not sure if you're in a rush to get a vaporizer or not, but just in case: the Cloud and HI will take some waiting to get.

I think I saw a Supreme offered just last week on ebay. It was gone in moments though, so if you want one of those you better be on it. I don't have all the info but I think he's selling his old stock to make room for a new electric model.

SM55 is pretty busy with his Cloud endeavors nowadays, but I'm not really sure if he's even allowed to do a comparison for you. He has to follow different rules now that he is a manufacturer. Still plenty of other knowledgeable folk around here though :tup:

OhTheAgony,

weedemon

enthusiast
My vote for the best vape for you is the cloud, if you can wait. Or maybe a Log like the UD (I have had 2 of these and the first one ran hotter than the 2nd. Twigs run hotter than logs btw.) or HI (never used it but hear good things about it!)

The SSV/LSV are also great choices imo.

if you can wait for it the cloud is the one tho bro! :)

weedemon,

darkrom

Great Scott!
My underdog both full size and twig create huge clouds. I can even get big clouds on my T1. Not sure why some people think its MFLB whispy vapor but I bowl my car with it. Nothing compared to the underdogs, but for a portable I'm happy.

darkrom,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Supreme v2 was (is?) on sale for $80...so if you want to look like a human chimney you can do it for cheap! :rockon:

My Solo on 7 (highest heat) puts out major clouds, too! The same should be true for most adjustable heat/power vaporizer.

Also, you can get bigger clouds by using concentrates, or higher potency material, it's not just all in the vaporizer! :tup:

sessnet,

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
Get on the list for the cloud.

A 14mm roor won't be ideal, it is the wrong joint size ( and an adapter diffuser will look awkwardly large on it), and you want something with a smaller volume.

With a smaller volume piece you'll use less space in your lungs milking the piece filling filling your lungs with air. The smaller volume piece will allow for a much for dense over all hit, greatly adding to the cloud blowing abilities.

Tea Party,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
+1 for Underdog vaporizer. huge clouds whenever you want. i can literally fog up my corner of the room during a session if i wanted to. also very efficient, i can easily stretch a gram over the course of one week. great for groups too since it is so simple and easy to use, just suck up material into the stem, place the stem on the UD and inhale!

NewSchoolExplorer

I love vapor bonging it but hate the ristricted air flow. I have preorder the Cloud but its going take a long time before my hands hold one so in the mean time I was looking for another vapor bonging worthy vaporizer.

I think for a bang for your buck the BDV is better than the SSV (same internals just custom look)

The Heat Island (HI) vaporizer is a log style which I have no experience in, but from the satisfied individuals over there it seems like a worthy product. I do not know how long the wait is, can some answer this one.

Another vape I have had my eye on is the Extreme Q due to its versatility of having the option to bag, whip, or vapor bong.

I hope we both can find a satisfying vaporizer. Right now I narrowed it to the EQ n HI (i know they both have their own purposes but through my own criteria its hard to choose one over the other, and I cannot afford to buy both.)

How does the UD compare to HI and what are the differences

NewSchoolExplorer,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I consider the UD and HI to function pretty much the same. When using them it would be hard to tell the difference if you did not see it. The main difference IMO is the size (HI being a bit smaller than the UD Twigs) and the style of plug connecter. They both function so similarly I would not pick one over the other.

*Edit* Others may comment that the HI heats up faster but I have two of the new design UD's as well as a HI and heat up time between the HI and new UD twigs is both about 5 minutes.

Gonzo,

NewSchoolExplorer

Thanks for the quick reply, I guess its a similar comparison as DBV vs. SSV. What about usability and ease and other factors? And whats the difference between "log" and "twig"

NewSchoolExplorer,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I find both equal for usability and as I said I use one exactly as I would the other. Twigs refer to the smaller UD's that are more comparable in size to the HI. These tend to run a little hotter and achieve temp faster than the larger UD's.

Gonzo,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
The difference between a 'log' and a 'twig' is the size difference. 'twigs' are smaller than 'logs' due to the lesser amount of wood used. however, they both have the same core design. 'twigs' will heat up faster than 'logs', 'twigs' may take about 5-10 minutes max while a 'log' may take up to half an hour depending on size and wood type. personally my Underdog twig warms up and generates vapor in about 5 minutes and my Underdog log warms up and generates vapor in about 10-15 minutes, both are made of bamboo. i would suggest a twig for those who are vapor bonging because they are smaller and easier to maneuver than a log.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

NewSchoolExplorer

Thanks I have been looking at UD site and currently looking into the twigs but I usually vape during the night prior to sleeping and I like short heat up times to get right to vaping, I hope it really doesn't take a half hour to get to temp. how can I determine which vape will get their quicker? (btw I am thinking about getting the 3/8" instead of the 1/4 any thoughts or suggestions? Will it fit inside a 18mm? )

NewSchoolExplorer,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I consider the UD and HI to function pretty much the same. When using them it would be hard to tell the difference if you did not see it. The main difference IMO is the size (HI being a bit smaller than the UD Twigs) and the style of plug connecter. They both function so similarly I would not pick one over the other.

*Edit* Others may comment that the HI heats up faster but I have two of the new design UD's as well as a HI and heat up time between the HI and new UD twigs is both about 5 minutes.

I really need to do a heat up time video with my new twig with prototype core. I'd say 2 MAYBE 3 minutes from cold to clouds. And I mean big ass clouds too. :party:

darkrom,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
After owning a Cloud for nearly three weeks I can definitely say it's worth the wait but the limited release can mean a person having to wait possibly months to have a unit in hand.

Gonzo,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
Thanks I have been looking at UD site and currently looking into the twigs but I usually vape during the night prior to sleeping and I like short heat up times to get right to vaping, I hope it really doesn't take a half hour to get to temp. how can I determine which vape will get their quicker? (btw I am thinking about getting the 3/8" instead of the 1/4 any thoughts or suggestions? Will it fit inside a 18mm? )

someone correct me if i'm wrong but im pretty sure all the Underdog vapes come in a 3/8" core. also, warm up time if never an issue for me because my UD is left on 24/7, which is safe to do so. with this feature i can pick it up and vape whenever i want at any point in the day without having to worry about warm up. as long as i can feel warm bamboo against my hand, i know my Dog is ready to go :tup:

NewSchoolExplorer

You might be right I did not come across any 1/4" but seen the tubing for sale. I actually asked more questions in http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/underdog-vaporizer.4214/page-138#post-220799 because my questions were becoming more specific about the particular product. I appreciate your time and knowledge but trying to minimize my questions in respect for the OP. Though I have many questions in this department and will ask the more general questions in this thread.

Thanks again, NSE

NewSchoolExplorer,

darkrom

Great Scott!
They used to have the 1/4 core but 3/8 is the new one and seems to be agreed upon by most or all that it is a better core. I leave mine on 24/7 for the full size underdog. Heat up time is a thing of the past besides the first one. Then my twig powered on my car adapter heats in under 3 minutes to full temp.

darkrom,

PB88123

Vaporist
Nice to see the UD and HI are pretty much the same now. If I didn't have 3 months invested in the HI waiting list I would jump on a UD right now. I'll be one of the few with a HI once my time comes.

PB88123,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I have both a 1/4" UD and a 3/8" UD. The vapor production is night and day between the two, so I understand why Dave decided to just stick with the 3/8" version.

I actually just fired up my 1/4" tonight and enjoyed a stem..... but I couldn't get the rips (or the ABV) that I get with the big boy.

:2c:

Stu,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I would like to add as someone pointed out that the HI will run slightly hotter with a standard 12v power supply. I now only run My HI with a VVPS as I have accidentally combusted with the 12v standard.

Great to hear your 1/4 is still going Stu. Is that the same original Twig? I now have the Tupelo Goblet back as well and only run it on special occasions to prolong the life of the piece.

Gonzo,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
My 1/4 is one of the original Birthday dogs. Poor guy could never really get hot enough, but he's still cute as hell.

Stu,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom