BHO Questions

ioright

Cloud Connoisseur
Hey all,

Having recently purchased a revolution I am really getting into the concentrate world. That being said, with my limited supply I have only been able to justify making ISO hash out of ABV. I am interested in trying to make some BHO in the near future and I have some questions.

First off, I feel pretty comfortable with the safety requirements: all liquid purged outside with no sparks nearby, etc, etc. I have read a ton on tokecity, but I find it tough to fully sieve through the junk and the gold. Most people seem to use stainless steel turkey basters for their extractions, but I have a few questions on the apparatus itself.

What do you use as a screen on the end of your turkey baster? I think coffee filters are the final filter, but there should be some kind of screen to hold back the plant material. What should I use for this screen (for those of you who run BHO)?

Any tips of suggestions from a trusted source over here on fuckcombustion?

ioright,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
i just use a doubled up coffee filter, no complaints from me. I don't think a steel screen is needed.

WatTyler,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Yeah, unless you are doing bigger, higher pressure extractions a doubled up (unbleached) coffee filter will do you well, even just rubber banded on.

SF Giant,

weedemon

enthusiast
if you want to step it up use the mesh that they also make coffee filter trays with. and a hose clamp.

glass tube or stainless will be ok :) some prefer glass for visual/"purity" reasons. others prefer the safety/durability of steel over glass.

I use glass myself and have not had problems.

usually i do small(14-28g) runs and just the coffee filters have served me well.

weedemon,

Spiderman

oil baron
If you're worried about your ability to pack the tube evenly, a stainless steel screen and a hose clamp can help to prevent any real possibility of blowout. Strap them on with a small coffee filter under the stainless steel, and it will act as a final shield. That being said, even, tight packing of the extraction tube will do more than enough to reduce the pressure at the filter, and many experienced oilers use only one coffee filter zip tied in place.

Stainless steel tubes (particularly turkey basters) are easy, efficient, and convenient. Glass tubes are preferred by some, but the differences are minor. That being said, if you plan on using a hose clamp to tighten a stainless steel screen, I would be worried about using a glass tube underneath.

Spiderman,
Top Bottom