1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'The Vapor Lounge' started by t-dub, Jan 27, 2015.

1. t-dub

t-dub Vapor Sloth

It is almost time for the debut on AMC of the spin-off and prequel from Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul. It will be a two part, two night series premier, Feb 8 and 9. This new series will explore the embryonic Saul Goodman, Jimmy McGill, and his journey down the path of moral greyness. Bob Odenkirk is awesome in this role so lets let the videos roll . . . :tup:

Click to play YouTube Video

---

---

---

---

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    VegNVape, Beluga, Bouldorado and 8 others like this.
  2. Silver420Surfer

Silver420Surfer Well-Known Member

As long as it's not snowing real bad, will definitely be watching this. :o

On "Breaking Bad", I always felt Bob Odenkirk gave you everything he had, whether it was a few lines or a more active role in an episode. I think Bryan Cranston and he, both, either grew as actors during BB, or finally had a vehicle to show off their "stuff". Either way, looking forward to the show.

Thanks for the reminder @t-dub!

3. t-dub

t-dub Vapor Sloth

Your welcome @Silver420Surfer . . I agree with everything you said. I'm glad to see Mike return as well.

grokit, h3rbalist, Magic9 and 3 others like this.
  4. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

Hell yeah. I love Mike.:goon:
    [​IMG]

:peace:

killick, Joel W., CarolKing and 11 others like this.
  5. EveryDayAmnesiac

EveryDayAmnesiac Well-Known Member

I think Bob's been showing off his acting chops for many years now...

6. Silver420Surfer

Did you think Farley came up with the "Living in a van, down by the river", SNL Matt Foley character? :shrug:

Nope.:doh:

Bob Odenkirk.:nod:

7. EveryDayAmnesiac

Bob has a really great yelling voice.

8. t-dub

t-dub Vapor Sloth

A perfect intro for the trailer I missed. "You will atone!!!"

9. EveryDayAmnesiac

While we wait, may as well just continue the Bob Odenkirk early days appreciation...

0:32 - "The change was stolen!"

0:40 - "After three months, my station manager ordered me to 'let it go.' So I quit! Formed the Car Wash Change Thief Action Squad, set up the Car Wash Change Thievery hotline, and started this show ..."

And if you just can't get enough, here's Part 2:

h3rbalist, t-dub, mitchgo61 and 3 others like this.
  10. t-dub

t-dub Vapor Sloth

The cast and crew of Better Call Saul introduce fans to the characters of the new series.

11. Solomon

Solomon Talk to the Beard

Premiere tonight at 10pm!!

So far, the critics are loving it, and I'm sure BB fans are gonna love it too.

How much of a fan was I of BB? Well, last year my sister-in-law almost died from a brain injury that destroyed a lot of her long term memories. My first thought was "wow, so lucky, she can re-watch the entire Breaking Bad series like it was new."

12. EveryDayAmnesiac

I've been a huge fan of this show since all the way back when they showed Bobby in a Cinnabon uniform ... :D

[​IMG]

13. Silver420Surfer

I was worried that they were gonna make Odenkirk a "gimick" instead of a character. It's nice to see them not sell out for cheap, lame jokes based around a "sleazy" ambulance chasing lawyer so far.

Really like how they are laying the foundation, so to speak. You never know how a spin-off is gonna go, and it looks like they are really gonna treat the show right.

The interactions he has had with Mike so far where simply hilarious!

So far, so good. Ready for more.

SSVUN~YAH, aesthyrian, Stu and 2 others like this.
  14. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

I enjoyed the first episode a lot and that crazy mofo Tuco is back!

15. Stu

I have enjoyed the first two episodes so far. I really like how the writers are bringing some of the old characters back. I can only begin to imagine what weirdness will ensue.

The intro to the first episode was fascinating to me. Obviously "Saul" is in the current day (even though it's in black and white....strange use of cinematography for a "flash forward") and is in some type of witness protection program. It was a nice kickoff, but I don't think it will be a recurring theme as it would have been after the BB blowup. Or maybe Vince Gilligan will treat us to both pre and post BB Saul? :shrug:

Stocking up on popcorn for this one! :popcorn:

SSVUN~YAH, aesthyrian, DrPiff and 4 others like this.
  16. olivianewtonjohn

olivianewtonjohn Well-Known Member

Havent watched the episode yet, saving it for saturday when I can vape. I can walk to the mall they filmed it at :cool:

EDIT: Cool local story, @Stu dont be jealous, "Saul-utations IPL (India Pale Lager)"

http://www.abqjournal.com/537298/blogs/albuquerque-beverage-39.html

"Better Call Saul filmed a portion of an upcoming episode at Chama’s Microbar located at 106 Second SW in Downtown Albuquerque"

EDIT: Note to self, dont come back to this thread until after watching!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  17. DrPiff

DrPiff Born To Rage

Thought the debut was excellent. Haven't had a chance to watch the follow up episode that aired on Monday night but I have high hopes for this show. Maybe a part of me just doesn't want to let go of the Breaking Bad universe and its characters. I know that sounds ridiculous but I've never been so attached to a set of characters in any fashion. I literally yelloed "Mike!" when I heard his voice and I screamed "Tuco!" when I saw his face.

Honestly, if the show is even half as good as BB it will be great in my book. :2c:

18. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v4.0a (unstable) Staff Member

The premiere was not bad but the second episode was better, which is a great sign. It moved too slowly for me at times. It didn't really grab me until the scene in the desert. That's when I became convinced that this series just might be a worthy successor to BB. I'm really looking forward to watching how Nacho develops. I liked that guy right away.

Good thinking. That's my policy too. Anyone who feels uncertain about mentioning something can put it in SPOILER tags, but nobody should count on them being used.

19. Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop Well-Known Member

That's not witness protection, so much as self imposed exile. For more you'll have to re-watch Breaking Bad's final season.

It's explained pretty well. Especially after seeing what happens to Walt.

20. Stu

Fuck me. :doh: I can't believe how much of the last BB episode that I have forgotten from over-vaping that night. I'm going to have to go re-watch it, obviously. I'll try not to over-vape this time. :disgust:

SSVUN~YAH, aesthyrian, t-dub and 4 others like this.
  21. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

yeah I watched the second episode last night as well and also thought it was better than the first. Damn that Tuco is one violent guy! I think this show is going to be a classic.

22. Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop Well-Known Member

Best scene in ep 2, when Jimmy (Saul) manages to finagle a better deal out of the Prosecutor (for his client) by throwing in a bag of Cheetos (or maybe Fritos, was hard to see the bag). Lol...

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  23. t-dub

t-dub Vapor Sloth

I am soooooo glad Tuco is back. He is a beautiful bastard . . . :)

[​IMG]

24. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

It looks like Saul is looking back over his career as a lawyer. I think the black and white part at the beginning is the present.

I wonder if the Walter White character is really dead? I know they aren't going to bring the character back right away. But they hinted later on just maybe....

I love the John character too, glad they brought him back. Was pissed that Walter killed him. Love the Tuco character and he's a character, this is going to be a fun show.

I just finished watching all the seasons of Breaking Bad over the last couple months.

AMC is showing all 3 episodes of Better Call Saul tonight.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  25. Silver420Surfer

Don't worry about spoiling anything for me, I have watched all BB and am up to date on BCS, but who is this John character you mentioned?

After watching the latest episode, I may enjoy this show as much or more than BB. I know it's early, but I'd say they(AMC) definitely have another winner.

SSVUN~YAH likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors