best way to consume concentrates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
My favourite way to use concentrates is to sandwich it between herb in a vape. It makes for some super dense clouds and prevents mucking up the vape.

Winegums,
Reactions: Morty

herbivore21

Hi ya bud,

Have you ever tried full melt hash in a GrassHopper?

I know people have tried keif in the GrassHopper sandwiched between herb and have reported positive results.

Ive also seen people use rosin wrapped in cotton wool with great success.

Not had any full melt hash to try myself so just curious if you had.
Tried it but I do not like to vape high end concentrates mixed with herb as I find that most of the time, the herb is more than spent before the concentrate is and the over-cooked herb taste overwhelms the taste of the concentrate. This undoes the hard work I did isolating the resin in the first place! IMO, the point of full melt is that the end of the hit doesn't taste bad because there's no contaminant burning off by then ;)

I do not use cotton at all in vapes and have not for a very long time. It adds a flavor/texture to the vapor that I prefer to avoid.

IMO, the hopper is not ideal for using SS pads, since the SS wire scratches the hell out of that deep bowl and makes it very hard to remove a gunky pad afterwards! I do not recommend the hopper for concentrates that are meltier than kief at this stage. No convection setup (even the evo with vapexnails), nor anything else I've tried compares in flavor and effect to the sapphire halo so far. The sapphire liger will likely be comparable or perhaps even better, I don't know but I'll find out soon!

My favourite way to use concentrates is to sandwich it between herb in a vape. It makes for some super dense clouds and prevents mucking up the vape.
I generally prefer to just vape straight concentrate in a purpose-made unit for super dense clouds and much better taste with high end concentrates ;)

However, I should say that the method you describe is very useful for those who only have a flower vape around the house and have reclaim or less tasty extracts to use, since the flower will actually help to mask the slightly cooked taste of the reclaim ;) Back when I was in this usage scenario, the e-nano with flower topped with reclaim was a great way to medicate insomnia :2c:

MinnBobber

I do not use cotton at all in vapes and have not for a very long time. It adds a flavor/texture to the vapor that I prefer to avoid.
................................................................................
Have you ever tried degummed hemp fiber and concentrates? Very curious if that would add any foreign flavor to a top quality/flavorful concentrate.
Academic question for now as no access to concentrates :(

Curious for the future though :)
Maybe need to "dabble" in them on next trip to CO

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
................................................................................
Have you ever tried degummed hemp fiber and concentrates? Very curious if that would add any foreign flavor to a top quality/flavorful concentrate.

I have. I have tried a plethora of surface materials for dabbing.

I had made a thread here but it didn't pick up much. I suppose I should update it with my newer findings and videos.

Hemp Fiber by itself adds to much off flavor and vapor for me. It is interesting flavor isn't bad but more notable than other materials. I know there is also a thread about using the hemp fiber for reclaim.

Last edited:

herbivore21

I actually haven't tried degummed hemp fibre, however what Paytonpenn describes below is something I suspected might be a problem there which is why I avoided this ;)

I have. I have tried a plethora of surface materials for dabbing.

I had made a thread here but it didn't pick up much. I suppose I should update it with my newer findings and videos.

Hemp Fiber by itself adds to much off flavor and vapor for me. It is interesting flavor isn't bad but more notable than other materials. I know this is also a thread about using the hemp fiber for reclaim.

herbivore21,
Reactions: OldOyler

Justpassedu

One of my favorite way's to consume concentrates , glass nail , low temp , Evo rips.
809BC921-29E8-4ACC-988E-CA95BE14DEE3_zpsdphi67rk.jpg

I also enjoy a sandwiching it in-between flowers in my portables.

Last edited:

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
....ditch the pens...get a portable (many to choose from)....or if you want ...splurge and get a desktop...more options than pens now...but if you must...checkout source.

... agree... ditch the pens, save time, money and frustrations!!!!

... best thing i did was quit searching for the "perfect" pen vaporizer and got a nail...

... here's some advice i wish i got before spending money until i found perfect setup for concentrates...
START with an enail and splurge on a liger... best concentrate buy EVER!!! (no shit)

... i truly wish i started with an enail + liger combo, woulda saved HUNDREDS of dollars!

edit: best vape for herb/concentrate sandwiches... SUPREME3

Baron23

I dunno, guys. I have a Liger and Auber and of course I like them a LOT.

But is a full on enail oil rig the right answer for everybody....I don't really suspect so.

The only pen I like is the Linx Hynos Zero. Not a ripper but nice for sipping.

Now, personally I think a good box mod and a nice ceramic heater atomizer is a really inexpensive and well performing duo that will work for a lot of folks use cases. THIS is an absolute steal....Eleaf TC mod and the atomizer is the same as the DT 2.5 or the Atmos Kiln but for $30!! Wow

http://www.newvape.com/velvet-hammer-mod-vaporizer/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom