Best vaporizer for lower temperatures (158-165C°)

Petetbay

There's also the xvape fog pro, but I have not tried that, only the original fog. Also don't get me wrong, I think the healthy rips vapes are very good and have their own place (my roommate uses my fierce well, I have not tried the rogue, but I don't really enjoy my edge much, I like the v3pro more)
I have V3Pro and Fog Pro and though they both have replaceable batteries and perform ok the Rogue is vastly superior than either one. Never tried the Edge. :2c:

Petetbay,

VapeReady

I have V3Pro and Fog Pro and though they both have replaceable batteries and perform ok the Rogue is vastly superior than either one. Never tried the Edge. :2c:

I assume the V3Pro is better than the Fog Pro? Could you elaborate on how the Rogue is superior to the V3Pro?

I know some people here have tried recording the temps in (through ?)the load in different vapes like the OG solo and couldn't produce reliable data session to session. So I'm not sure I see a way to compare the temp vape to vape.

Hope that makes sense.

Yes ofcourse some have tested it with the Solo and Mighty. The Mighty if i remember correctly was quite accurate. Not sure about the solo though, these tests were a while ago...

VapeReady,

JBone65

Interesting thread for several reasons. I read the previous posts, thought I might could add something to consider.

I start each load with a terp (flavor bomb) at 110°C (230°F). Every convection device should start this low IMO. The boiling point of humulene is only 107°C.

It's true that you will get all of the compounds at higher temperatures, but you should have the option to get only the aromatic compounds with low boiling points if you prefer.

The low temp hit is a more intense body stone IMO, especially if you mix cultivars for a wide terp profile.

I prefer a medium fine semi-dry grind, mainly just break down the little hard chunks because they just take up space and remain green inside.

The one drawback is that the bottom of the load probably gets cooked more than the top or sides, but 9 excellent hits per 0.2 g load is still much more efficient than combustion.

I wouldn't suggest that anyone try to get an io. It's not clear that Hopper Lab is still in business and there are lots of dissatisfied customers. The point I'm making is that all portable convection manufacturers should shoot for a temp range of 110 - 220°C IMO, based on the wide spectrum of different psychoactive compounds.

It's instant on (io) convection heat so you set each temp low enough and click it on just long enough to vaporize what you want/need, then click it off. It continues hitting for several seconds during the cool down. It's almost back to room temperature when you stick it back in your pocket after 15-20 seconds.

Last edited:

Petetbay

I assume the V3Pro is better than the Fog Pro?
The V3Pro is a better $100 vape than the Fog Pro is as a $150 vape, but I like the Fog Pro more mostly because of the bigger bowl and more powerful heater. I don’t like Fog Pro swivel mp or any other swivel mp. Both have way too much air intake and need to be restricted. The V3Pro is a nice lo cost package with the addition of the wpa/glass mp and performs well, but the heater is not good for what I need. I bought Fog Pro hoping to replace my Rogue when the battery dies and that it was a bigger version of the V3Pro, but it doesn’t perform as the good as the Rogue and has flaws.
Could you elaborate on how the Rogue is superior to the V3Pro?
The bowl/heater/air flow combination of the Rogue blows the V3Pro out of the water and the accessary attachment that allows wpa/stems makes it a nice easy to use vape. Just that stupid built in battery screws it up. :bang:

VapeReady

The V3Pro is a better $100 vape than the Fog Pro is as a $150 vape, but I like the Fog Pro more mostly because of the bigger bowl and more powerful heater. I don’t like Fog Pro swivel mp or any other swivel mp. Both have way too much air intake and need to be restricted. The V3Pro is a nice lo cost package with the addition of the wpa/glass mp and performs well, but the heater is not good for what I need. I bought Fog Pro hoping to replace my Rogue when the battery dies and that it was a bigger version of the V3Pro, but it doesn’t perform as the good as the Rogue and has flaws.

The bowl/heater/air flow combination of the Rogue blows the V3Pro out of the water and the accessary attachment that allows wpa/stems makes it a nice easy to use vape. Just that stupid built in battery screws it up. :bang:

One thing I don't understand is why lots of users on here report the V3Pro is better than the Edge. I've owned the Edge and AFAIK I don't think the power would be that more different on the Rogue. The bowl of the Rogue is bigger than the Edge which is why you probably get bigger clouds. But if it's true what users are saying that the V3Pro blows the Edge away then I probably don't need much more. I only hope it performs decently on low temperatures because that's what i'm mainly looking for. A vape that performs well on lower temperatures 158 - 170° / 315F - 340F.

VapeReady,

VapeReady

Interesting thread for several reasons. I read the previous posts, thought I might could add something to consider.

I start each load with a terp (flavor bomb) at 110°C (230°F). Every convection device should start this low IMO. The boiling point of humulene is only 107°C.
I started with smoking weed about 15 years ago and have been vaping weed for more than 10 years...

While I used to vape a lot of my weed strictly on higher temperatures (190° - 380F) in order to get full extraction and the best possible high...

I realised after several years of vaping that I was always stoned as fuck like a bum (IMO almost like a crackhead), bored, sedated, and addicted.

I was fed up with the sedation and how i felt and from there i started to experiment on lower temperatures...

I first went cold turkey in order to experiment how the high would feel on different temperatures...

I followed this chart mostly but also compared with many other temperature sources:

ceb8d6e4e66c5f5adf8f537336f87ff2.jpg

I started with picking out a temperature and finishing the bowl ONLY on that temperature (no gradually increasing whatsoever).

I went cold turkey a handful of times re-testing every temperature without gradually increasing it to feel the difference in effect...

I managed to do this through many years for different temperatures going cold turkey each time in order to test other temperatures.

Guess what? After experimenting so much I found out that the lower temperatures (158° - 165°) gave me the best highs of all time...

I never had such an enjoyable clean high in my life! The following days after i even have an afterglow effect and I feel wonderful for days!

Now with the higher temperatures there is a drawback, if I go slightly higher than 158° - 160° and return back to 158° - 160° I lose the MAGIC.

It seems like higher temperatures build a tolerance to lower temperature SIMPLE. So in order to feel the same high again you'd have to go cold turkey first for a couple of weeks or months maybe in order to feel the same high from lower temperatures...

Also if you go higher for instance > 170 - 180° you mainly feel baked/sedated and the days after you feel bad if you don't vape again... Not only do you feel bad but you also don't have the wonderful afterglow effect like the lower temperatures... You will also feel the NEED to vape again, it almost feels like an addiction slowly setting up by itself and before you know it, you're vaping every day...

So in SHORT - Low Temp > THC Delta 9 > 315F - 158°C > RULEZZZZ!! (Pure SATIVA's are awesome for that but some hybrids too). The high is so CLEAN and NICE that you can't even experience that HIGH when you're used to vaping on higher temperatures. YOUR body is so used to higher temperatures it no longer enjoys and experience the full effect of lower temperatures.

So in SHORT - People who are used to vaping high temperatures will NOT feel the wonderful high of low temperatures unless they go cold turkey for a couple of weeks if not months. I remember the first time i couldn't go cold turkey i gradually had to decrease my consumption and temperature over the course of several weeks and eventually had to go cold turkey.

It was fucked up in the beginning but let me tell you once you have the power over your cannabis use instead of cannabis having the power over you it feels so much better. You have to experience it YOURSELF in order to know. I can't even explain it because you have to FEEL it for yourself.

I was strictly vaping on higher temperatures for years so i know exactly what feeling baked feels like. I'm not against higher temperatures, but I think higher temperatures only has its place for medical patients with severe problems...

I could go further with the pro's of vaping strictly on lower temperatures in terms of effect but i think you have to experience it for yourself.

Now I vape only once per week/once per month sometimes only once every 3 months and enjoy the quality of high/life much more...

I hope I've made this post helpful for people and ultimately help YOU with your quality of life and vaping experience.

Remember Cannabis Is Not A Drug Don't Treat It Like One - Cheers :peace:

Last edited:

Petetbay

A vape that performs well on lower temperatures 158 - 170° / 315F - 340F.
I’ve never tried an Edge so can’t speak to that, I do know from reviews and comments that Rogue was a big improvement over the Edge as I was eyeing the Edge when the Rogue came out. If you want good lo temp vaping or blowing clouds it’s the Rogue you want not the V3Pro. I like the V3Pro, but it’s not in the same league as the Rogue and I hope it’s cheap this 420 sales as I’m most likely buying another Rogue. :doh:

Petetbay,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@VapeReady it is not just the bowl size in the rogue, I think it does actually have more power, more wattage, with the larger battery, and also a slightly larger heating element?

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Petetbay

JBone65

Now with the higher temperatures there is a drawback, if I go slightly higher than 158° - 160° and return back to 158° - 160° I lose the MAGIC.
I agree that vaping excellent fresh flower at a lower temperature (with a capable convection device) is special, although I'm suggesting starting as low as 110°C (230°F) if you can. Starting at 160°C will release a slew of lighter terpenes.

TerpeneBoiling Point (Fahrenheit) Boiling Point (Celsius)Uses
Linalool390°F198°CGood for cooking, baking, brewing tea
Limonene349°F176°CGood for cooking at low temps
Myrcene334°F167°CGood for vaping and cooking at low temps
Humulene225°F107°CGood for low temperature vaping or brewing tea
Caryophyllene266°F130°CGood for low temperature vaping or brewing tea
Pinene311°F155°C

Maybe it's just me but I want every compound the evil weed has to offer, so I'm stepping all the way up to 221°C (430°F).

I have noticed that anytime I change my blend, like when I add some other strain, it usually doesn't seem good at first. It might take a day or two to appreciate some terp profiles.

The high temp hits seem to be more of a head stone IMO. Used to think it was THC but not so sure. Might be THCV and CBD as well.

Last edited:
JBone65,

VapeReady

I agree that vaping excellent fresh flower at a lower temperature (with a capable convection device) is special, although I'm suggesting starting as low as 110°C (230°F) if you can. Starting at 160°C will release a slew of lighter terpenes.

TerpeneBoiling Point (Fahrenheit) Boiling Point (Celsius)Uses
Linalool390°F198°CGood for cooking, baking, brewing tea
Limonene349°F176°CGood for cooking at low temps
Myrcene334°F167°CGood for vaping and cooking at low temps
Humulene225°F107°CGood for low temperature vaping or brewing tea
Caryophyllene266°F130°CGood for low temperature vaping or brewing tea
Pinene311°F155°C

Maybe it's just me but I want every compound the evil weed has to offer, so I'm stepping all the way up to 221°C (430°F).

I have noticed that anytime I change my blend, like when I add some other strain, it usually doesn't seem good at first. It might take a day or two to appreciate some terp profiles.

The high temp hits seem to be more of a head stone IMO. Used to think it was THC but not so sure. Might be THCV and CBD as well.

Nice any effects explained that are linked to the terpene boiling points? I find the best uplifting high still 158c that is THC Delta 9 to be specific.

Edit: Myrcene (334F - 167C) is known for its sedating, relaxing effects. This makes sense as you feel much looser and more relaxed, kind of like you would after smoking some Indicia flower. The couch-lock effect commonly associated with Indicas may be linked to its myrcene content. That explains why i like to stay under 165c...

Pinene (311F - 155C) increases attention and alertness and plays an important role in learning and memory. By slowing the breakdown of acetylcholine, pinene can mitigate some of the side effects of THC, such as short-term memory impairment. Respectively, cannabis strains high in pinene are less likely to trigger the above effect.

Last edited:
VapeReady,
Reactions: boon

JBone65

Nice any effects explained that are linked to the terpene boiling points? I find the best uplifting high still 158c that is THC Delta 9 to be specific.

Edit: Myrcene (334F - 167C) is known for its sedating, relaxing effects. This makes sense as you feel much looser and more relaxed, kind of like you would after smoking some Indicia flower. The couch-lock effect commonly associated with Indicas may be linked to its myrcene content. That explains why i like to stay under 165c...

Pinene (311F - 155C) increases attention and alertness and plays an important role in learning and memory. By slowing the breakdown of acetylcholine, pinene can mitigate some of the side effects of THC, such as short-term memory impairment. Respectively, cannabis strains high in pinene are less likely to trigger the above effect.
Here's a more complete list of terpenes. There might be >100 of them in cannibis. Different strains might have different terp profiles, different profiles means different effects, the same strain can affect people differently, etc.

I agree that low temperature and mid-range hits, 110-160°C, are almost always loaded with flavor. Definitely the most enjoyable end of the temperature spectrum.

However, just this morning (with coffee) I enjoyed finishing off a leftover load with a couple of hits at maximum temperature (221°C). Got my engine revved up nicely.

I agree that a fresh load at low temp would have been more flavorful and enjoyable, but I like the high temp compounds as well. With a little luck I might get to experience genuine anxiety or paranoia, maybe some good old fashioned confusion.

Last edited:
JBone65,
Reactions: boon
Top Bottom