Best Vapor for under $175 recomendations please

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceshark

Ice Man
Already have my Magic Flight and like it. Now looking for a plug in home vape. I have been looking at Extreme q and some others. Really want to keep it under $175.00

Looking for recomendations from you pros.

Want, easy to use. Fun and Stoney.

iceshark,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Dude, its more than just stoney, fun and easy use. I think we need a 'whats the best vape for me' formula that would help people out.

You have price. Good, thats a start.
Look in the 'what kind of vape should I get' thread or read through alot of the vape specific discussions and narrow it down from there.
Good luck!

AGBeer,

the ob

all good in the hood.
I agree with AG. we need some parameters. we might all have ones that are our favorites, but might not be appropriate for you. you should really spend a decent amount of time reading through all the threads and then narrow it down from there. that is what most of us did. otherwise give us some guidelines.

the ob,

lwien

iceshark said:
Already have my Magic Flight and like it. Now looking for a plug in home vape. I have been looking at Extreme q and some others. Really want to keep it under $175.00

Looking for recomendations from you pros.

Want, easy to use. Fun and Stoney.
Extreme Q is not under 175.00

Home units under 175.00........

Purple Days Pandora
Myrtlzap
VaporBros

lwien,

iceshark

Ice Man
I have been looking at Easy Vape 149 bucks. And you can get the Extreme on Ebay for $179-199 , so its alittle over my budget but if its tits better I dont mind.

I will look at your other recomemdations.

I want a small portable with a tube or maybe a bad too. Easy use and still somewhat portable.

iceshark,

B.

War Criminal
IMO you can do better than the easy vape.

You mentioned ease, so I would recommend the MyrtleZap. It's really simple, you plug in, let it warm up for about 45 min, load a stem and go. As long as you don't unplug it, you'll always be ready for instant vapor. Although it is a set temp vape, there are simple things you can do to get higher temps, like using a beer coozie or plugging in a 13.5v plug rather than the 12v.

The EQ is a very solid vape, and is more complex than the MyrtleZap. However, with increased complexity you get more versatility.

If you have some nice glass bongs, I'd also look at the Vrip Heat Wand.

B.,

Beezleb

For whip vape check out the DBV, Vapor Bros, and similar quality.

For a dual vape in that range the Extreme Q is very popular, also consider the herbal aire but I am unsure of the price range on that at the moment so may or may apply.

For a direct draw vape look into the Purple Days, Myrtle Zap, Woodeez vaporizers. These are more associated with typically use for one and is known for being more efficient.

For wand vapes, check out Vrip wand vaporizer.

Beezleb,

stinkmeaner

In addition to the other members great suggestions you should also look up the Herbalaire if you want an efficient bag fill vaporizer which also does whip/direct draw and they have bullet-proof reliability. You can find them on EBay for $150 (great value)

Picking the best vaporizer is really subjective to the individual users personal opinion, now if you said best engineered vaporizer it would be easier to come close to a winner but there would still be some opinion to the matter.

Here are some points to help you choose:

1. If you have parties or people over all the time then go for a bag vaporizer for that wow factor from your friends. I would go with the Herbalaire because I consider it better made than the Extreme which is driven by a computer fan with the air traveling through its electronics.

2. If your goal is the biggest, thickest hits then you should go for a whip vaporizer. In this I would go with a Silver Surfer from EBay which can be had for around $175 if you bid, the DaBudda is still good but if you can score a Silver Surfer for the same price why wouldn't you, it makes a better value. (Check completed listings to see what I mean about the Silver Surfer prices)

3. If you are a conservative kind of guy that likes to vape by himself or with one other person then I would go with a log type vaporizer, they are stealthy and built to last. All three makers on this forum seem to be about equal but slightly different now so if you are going to choose this style I do not think you could go wrong with any of them.

4. Have your own glass water pipes? Like to play with fire? don't like to be tied down by electrical cords? then the Supreme Vaporizer might be right up your alley. They provide thick milky hits and it has a great deal of user interaction which is lost in most vaporizers today when compared with the ritual of smoking. Check out this YouTube video from one of our own members http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37WlXnvvDAs

stinkmeaner,

No Smoking!

If you're handy, you could take a wooden dowel and attach wires that run to a 1.5vdc plugin ac adapter from Radio Shack to power your Launch Box...May save you $75

No Smoking!,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
if you're looking to save money consider buying one used from craigslist or from here, in the "general" section - "sell your vape or accessories."
I see a hands free vapor bros for $100 OBO still available.
that's a MUCH better value and vape than the Easyvape.

yes, it's true, different vapes for different people/needs but something like the vapor bros is pretty much a universal, easy to use and works very well and good customer support.

jeffp,

gim

Go the extra bit and get one of the EQs (175-199).
Worth it.

gim,

devvo6786

i have a dbv and i LOVE it. awesome vapor hits 100% of the time. built like a tank. extra parts/replacement parts are pretty cheap. warranty. customizable (wands, mouthpieces, knobs, etc).

devvo6786,

GreenLeaf

It all depends on what type of vape you want and what you're looking to get out of it.

For example I personally do not want a bag style vape but that's me. You may want one that has a bag or one that does not at all.

GreenLeaf,

Cappella Sistina

If you are concerned about the health benefits of Vaporizing, I would highly suggest AGAINST getting an Easy Vape.

One major problem with those unit's, is that Easy Tech LLC(the original manufacturers) does not have any patent's or trademarks on these units. Because of them getting stopped at the border so much, it increased the demand...and thus SEVERAL companies are producing knock off's. Using the EXACT same packaging, dimensions etc etc...but with even less focus on quality than the original units.

Instances that I know of first hand with these units: Paint peeling inside the units, tubing that is not proper grade, glue being used around the heating element, parts being made in factories that use EXTREMELY harmful checmicals just to name a few.

If I were you, and for the price range you want, i'd look into getting an Extreme Q. If you search around you should be able to find one for under $200.00. I know thats $25.00 over your budget...but well worth it.

If you are unable to find a Q within in range, and are a medical patient e-mail me....and I will help you get a new one for your price range.

Cappella Sistina,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
someone here is selling a used extreme within your price range - go to the "general" section; sell your vape or accessories.
used is fine - of course depending on the unit and the seller but I think everyone here who has bought used through this forum has been pretty happy.

jeffp,

Willeh

I had an extreme v3. It worked great, the clouds you could get off the whip at some of the higher temps were just :o
But you have to be a very 'specific' kind of person to keep this thing safe.
I love the extreme but it's way too breakable, and the heat up time is long (I always heated mine for 20 minutes before trying it, to get the glass up to temperature to get the thickest hits when you first go to it) compared to say an dbv (~2 minutes) or preheated pd(instant). I had mine for about 9 months as my exclusive vape. The glass heater cover has broke 3 times, and I haven't repaired it for the third time yet, it's just sitting in a closet dead. First time my chairs wheel snagged the wire, yanked it off the desk and I immediately caught it but my hand bumped the bowl and broke it. Second time I came home and it was on my floor, broken, without explanation. Third time my girlfriend grabbed the whip from way to far away and yanked the thing and it fell off my desk onto the floor but the heater cover snapped and stayed half attached to the whip. I find that the purple days works much better with bongs, I found them unsatisfying through a whip and bong, too much room for condensation I find... I still think I'll get a new heater cover one day. They're only 25$, but I've already spent the cost of my vaporgenie in heater covers for my vg :lol:. I didn't feel safe carrying the extreme around as it had so many glass parts, so it just stayed at home. My purple days now goes with me everywhere,. Vape stem and blowbag are all you need, and you know it wont break in a bag. Before I had my PD my vaporgenie was my goto vaporizer, and it's only 50$ and very reliable.

Anyway, before I rant too much, I'd get a purple days kit for 160$, because it hits hard, has a very efficient bowl design (~.03g a loose bowl), works great with waterfilters, works in the car and you know you wont break it. It's not hard to build, I never soldered before and I could do it, just follow the instructions. If you want bigger hits and a bigger bowl, then I'd go for a DBV or SSV if you can find a used one cheap. And lastly possibly a magic flight or vapor genie if your someone who always smokes 'on the go'.

Willeh,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Check your local Craigslist; occasionally i see great deals on quality vapes - it's just not for everyone.
My last Craigslist acquisition was my Vapor Brothers for $70 - they go for about $160 new.
The guy even delivered it to me.

The Da Buddha seems to be unilaterally loved, the Vapor Bros is too.
Probably the DB is a step up design wise with rock solid construction and equally high quality internals.

From browsing this site you definitely have a concept of what the good vapes are and what fits your needs.

The good vapes are probably all equally good, just designed differently.

Given that, I would either take a stab at the DB or browse around looking for the best price on a select list of quality vapes.
The best deal I ever got on a vape was on Ebay, a used Vapor Warez 3G for less than $40. A steal and a great vaporizer....

PS - if you're going to get a DB and want hands free, make sure that it is. I don't have one so I can't say.

jeffp,

Beezleb

Check out the retailers section and see what prices you can get. Generally 10-12 percent off depending on the store.

Beezleb,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom