Best vape for $20 or less? An answer instead of a question.

OF

Gentle Friends,

I just posted about a 'find', what is IMO a perfectly acceptable $20 herb vape:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/titan-vaporizer.13724/page-17#post-900112

This guy seems to 'rise above' the usual 'low end cheap junk'. Despite some earlier disappointments, it seems to me to be a very useful vape to consider. $20 plus postage from Washington State (not directly from the unknown wiles of China). If you buy two (or more) they pay the shipping! $40 got me two units in a few days. While they don't beat say Solo/Air in some useful ways, they do compare well with FM, Imag+ and others costing many times as much.

While some have had problems with similar units in the past, I sure can't find any issues with the ones I've tried. They are recommended for your consideration for many roles.

http://www.hebestars.com/product/hebe-titan-2/

A very Merry Christmas to one and all, and those we share life with. And best wishes for a safe, prosperous and joy filled New Year.

OF

Read more in that thread, several users opened theirs up and found some unsafe materials in the air and vapor path let alone entirely inconsistent manufacturing..

The titan 2 was my first personal vape, after a lot of burn-ins it became somewhat tolerable but still tasted pretty bad. All said it produced vapor pretty well but certainly did not fuck combustion for me. I bought mine for $30 on Amazon around a year or so ago. I was recently searching for a replacement since I got rid of my titan after MP broke (a common issue) and reading up on it here, I wanted a cheapo on the go vape I wouldn't mind loosing if necessary. After buying a couple unmemorable Chinese vapes and doing some research I found the Herbstick Eco owns this category hands down. www.dhgate.com/product/newest-fashion-airflow-hole-2200mah-mini/263437199.html#pd-103 Granted its $5 more dollars and will take a while to ship, it comes with extra mouthpieces, has an isolated air/vapor path and comes from a fairly reputable company by Chinese standards. An added bonus is that the included MP's double as a 14mm SONG.

www.fuckcombustion.com/threads/herbstick-eco-vaporizer.18000

OF

Read more in that thread, several users opened theirs up and found some unsafe materials in the air and vapor path let alone entirely inconsistent manufacturing..

No, several folks opened theirs up and found what they ASSUMED was unsafe. Did you miss those who asked specifically what the problem was? And that such issues don't seem to be common to all samples.

And also note many have reported dodgy stuff from 'the four mystery factories' rumored to make them. Lots of us have also reported positive experiences as well? There seems to be the feeling there that this 'does it show both F and C degrees on demand' is a break point of shorts. This passes that test.

I'm recommending that exact version (not something from the dark past I know nothing of) from that exact vendor (although I'm sure that's not unique, there are many ways to get them). That's what I have personal experience with to base my opinion on. Not fact, just my opinion, the final choice rests with the guy with $20 more than he absolutely needs and doesn't yet have enough vapes (and to me that means at least two reliable ones, every serious vapist should have a backup....).

Thanks for the pointer, it might be real nice but it's not exactly setting the world on fire is it? There's only half a dozen posts in that thread since mine five months or so, and most of those on the topic of 'how long does it take to heat up?' and 'is anybody still using their's?' I have no first hand experience here to offer, just observations. And just to keep apples and oranges straight, if you're talking DHGate, not domestic US, where you can get the Titan II for $15 it's really $10 more on a $15 item (66%) more? Or looked at the other way, for $5 more than one Herbsick you can have TWO Titan IIs? Still, close to $20.....so I guess it's in the running.

Thanks. In the end Mae West was so very right, 'you pays your money and takes your choice'. I just hope that choice is the most informed possible.

OF

OF,
Reactions: NorVape
Thanks for the pointer, it might be real nice but it's not exactly setting the world on fire is it? There's only half a dozen posts in that thread since mine five months or so, and most of those on the topic of 'how long does it take to heat up?' and 'is anybody still using their's?' I have no first hand experience here to offer, just observations. And just to keep apples and oranges straight, if you're talking DHGate, not domestic US, where you can get the Titan II for $15 it's really $10 more on a $15 item (66%) more? Or looked at the other way, for $5 more than one Herbsick you can have TWO Titan IIs? Still, close to $20.....so I guess it's in the running.

The confidence in having something with an isolated air and vapor path (and no plastic in it!) should be worth the extra $5 to any conscientious vaporist, sure its not "setting the world on fire" but they are busy pushing the higher end "herbstick deluxe" these days. The titan was/is produced on a much wider scale and with cheaper materials, its price has gone down along with its reputation..

Another serious consideration is Bauway/Ciggo is a fairly well known name in the ecig and vaporizer market, their products are warrantied, they do their own R&D, have reached out to vaporists to do so and they have great customer service (for a chinese company). I understand that you apparently got one of the "good ones" but as someone who got one of the far more typical bad ones I can't help but try and steer folks clear of this product. If yours tasted of plastic and burnt electronics like most of them seem to I'm sure you'd be saying the same thing.

Last edited:

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
I have one of those Hebe's as my back-up vape.

It has robot fart.
It has a hot mouth piece.
It has a plastic mouth piece.
It probably has bad air-path (or at very least not clear - isolated) - I'm not DIY savvy enough to open it!
It is likely made of cheap, non-medical grade materials.

I would still use it if my main vapes broke rather than go back to combusting - fuck combustion right!, but would I recommend it... NO! ... Why...

Because I wouldn't recommend any vape for $20.00, it seems all the decent vapes cost @ $100+ , so unless all the other vapes are a total waste of money, over priced and ripping MMJ users off... then the old add-age still stands... You get what you pay for and Confucius say...

"Cheap thing no good, good thing no cheap!"

Last edited:

OF

seems like folks are raving about the $30 vapcap. I'm surprised this isn't what @OF is suggesting, since he seems big on lighter vapes...

That's very simple, I haven't tried one. I'm not prone to making comments without experience, and am sure not recommending a vape I haven't tried.

Once they become commonly available I'll no doubt try one version or the other but I don't expect it to replace either VG or VM. I'd love to be surprised there, of course.

OF

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Fair enough. I haven't read the thread, thought you might have been on that one.

I would like to be surprised by it whenever I get around to grabbing one as well.

seaofgreens,
Reactions: OF

Reliable ShotZ

Mine is still going strong all the way back from January this year. I prefer my Titan over the flowermate because it tells me when it's back up to temp, provides me with a battery indicator, has far less draw resistance. It has 12 holes which are bigger than the flowermates 5 holes and can reach 220c. I for one know that draw resistance can make a vape very harsh. I'm very tempted to mod mine to extend its air path.

Reliable ShotZ,

OF

I'm very tempted to mod mine to extend its air path.

Have you tried the extended MPs for the Titan? I haven't yet, still getting to know it in it's 'out of the box' trim. One thing at a time and all that.

And I've got a couple other projects in the cue so it might have to wait a bit. It might take some of the bite out of it and possibly a link to a small bubbler like this one I use with the FMs:
QMRwKnY.jpg

You'd need a support of some sort to keep it from being a two hand project, but a stick and a couple rubber bands could have you 'ghetto rigged' and vaping in no time..... If the idea works, then you could refine it. The bubbler, however, adds seven bucks.

OF

OF,

ReggieB

I tried a titan 2 the other day, actually, after running the battery fully down twice and still not getting rid of the smell, I refused to try it, I just put a load in and blew through the side to see what sort of vapor it produced, not very nice by the thickness that was coming off of it and the colour of the abv afterwards, definitely would not ever recommend one of these to anyone, ever, that electronics smell just didn't want to go away, there's a reason these things are $15-$20.

OF

I tried a titan 2 the other day, actually, after running the battery fully down twice and still not getting rid of the smell, I refused to try it, I just put a load in and blew through the side to see what sort of vapor it produced, not very nice by the thickness that was coming off of it and the colour of the abv afterwards, definitely would not ever recommend one of these to anyone, ever, that electronics smell just didn't want to go away, there's a reason these things are $15-$20.

Unfortunate, but if you read that thread you'll find that's not the common experience. As I said, I personally didn't find any problems in the two units I've tried. Price is no guarantee here I think, some high priced units seem to have their share of such problems?

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/titan-vaporizer.13724/

OF

OF,
Reactions: 1DMF

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
. Price is no guarantee here I think, some high priced units seem to have their share of such problems?
Aint that the truth! One thing Confucius didn't say is 'expensive always good!'

I had similar concerns with my Ascent, especially coming from a Titan 1, 2 & 3 ( I bought all three at once as I couldn't decide and they were only £15 quid each!) , I was like great, decided to get a seriously expensive vape and it still smells like crap!

But after a few burn offs and a few hits with product it was gone, totally gone, phew!

However, I also know of an FC'er who couldn't get rid of the 'robot fart' from their Ascent and ended up selling me their after market stems as they decided to bin their vape!

Don't get me wrong, there are many great features on offer with the Titan 2 (the controllable heat setting was partly a reason I chose an Ascent), but I don't think a healthy isolated air path or medical grade, quality controlled materials are on that list of features!

It was this forum and the advice I received, who turned me away form risky Chinese, potentially harmful, cheap vapes and got me to spend the best part of a grand on mainstream expensive vaping technology.

Now I feel a bit like a fool as them and their money are easily parted and it seems I may not have needed to part with so much as I already had a Titan 2! :bang:

Still don't think I'll go back to it as my daily driver, I have a Solo ;)

ReggieB

I'm just talking about this titan 2 vape, cos that's what this thread is about, they're horrible cheap, nasty vapes, don't care what anyone else experience has been, I have seen enough anecdotal and first hand experience that I WOULDN'T EVER VAPE THROUGH ONE.

OF

I'm just talking about this titan 2 vape, cos that's what this thread is about, they're horrible cheap, nasty vapes, don't care what anyone else experience has been, I have seen enough anecdotal and first hand experience that I WOULDN'T EVER VAPE THROUGH ONE.

Thanks for your opinion. After using one I no longer share that opinion. Nor am I recommending it as an every day thing (although I used it exclusively for several days by way of a test). Rather I'm suggesting guys consider one as a backup, IMO far too many guys have no fall back vape plan.

My recommendation stands, based on a complete reading of the Titan thread and personal experience with current production units. I still recommend it for consideration.....and IMO one cheap enough to discard should you decide it's not for you.

As always 'your call'. No matter what you do you should be enjoying rather than fretting over, the tool you use.

OF

ReggieB

Junk, not even worth $20, don't need to read a whole thread to know that the smell coming off them is bad news, they're awful.

ReggieB,

OF

Junk, not even worth $20, don't need to read a whole thread to know that the smell coming off them is bad news, they're awful.
Understood. So you say, and some others.

Also, many of us don't share that opinion. That, as they say, is what makes horse races?

OF

Top Bottom