Best vap pen for BHO/Wax???

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskyWzrd

I'm looking for a good pen to stuff a 1/2g of BHO in. My buddy has a pulsar7. I works good but if you set it down warm it leaks all over. I've use a cloud but it really does not hold enought. I want something with good battery that a can pack full and take it into a show.

WhiskyWzrd,

WhiskyWzrd

Not yet. I've been looking at the Atmos Raw mostly. I'm also interested to any reviews on the Thermo Vape, Persei (is it the delta 9), and The Glass Tank.

WhiskyWzrd,

filteredhead

Yup the Cera is from Thermovape (http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/thermovape-cera.8332/)
Also, someone just made me aware of the new VIP from SSV (http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vip-from-ssv.8905/) it reminds me of the Atmos raw.
I am not personally familiar with Persei however have heard great things about them, depending on the voltage setup and performance desired you'll need to pick the appropriate cart ohm rating from here http://www.delta9vapes.com/categories.php?category=Extract-Cartridges- or www.planetvape.ca
If you wanna go with Persei (and there's good reason to do that) I recommend running your setup by the folks on this thread: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-persei-vaporizer-for-herbs-and-concentrates.4873/
There's also the new updated Hercules (D9) that will be introduced soon so may want to look at that as well as Iris variable voltage head and other fun gadgets they offer.

WhiskyWzrd

The ThermoVape Revolution looks good.
Has anyone use on of these? After watching that video I'm kinda Apprehensive about smoking plastic. Are any other pens all medical grade?

WhiskyWzrd,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Yeah, I had one. It just stopped working one day, so I got a 50 dollar sticky wax burner pack and haven't missed that waste of cash once since (250! :( ). The only thing it has over competition is it's claimed ability to be 100% cleaned, even though I'm pretty sure that's what killed mine. And I found the slide sleeve power control to be infuriating.

I imagine the Cera is much better, but is still very overpriced for what it achieves.

CentiZen,

filteredhead

Apparently the OP started 2 threads with similar titles in different sections of this forum, would be good to converge the threads somehow maybe? Anyhoot I use and am happy with the AVA/Dart carts+SigeleiZmax combo however since those carts are no longer made and I rarely feel good about loading more than .3 in there I figured Cera or Herc may be a good option for OP to consider. I have a backup AVA/Dart cart in case I ever have to send the first in for repair, it has been working like a champ for past 6 months so Cera is not in my plans for now. Since OP asked about loading 1/2g of bho the Cera EO first came to mind, then Omicron/Herc carts came to mind so to me it was pretty much TET and D9 for that load size. I do like the SWB for a simple and cheap load-and-go oil dab pen setup but do not think it can hold .5g and still function very well. I have not read reports of the AtmosRaw/new VIP functioning properly with .5g payloads. The TET Cera EO and D9 Hercules should be able to handle that large amount bho from what I've read.

filteredhead,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
A combination of international customs, the very delayed response from their service team and the fact that I am very happy with my current solution. Also coupled with the fact that I needed to have a foolproof vapor solution in place for when I cross the border - if this had happened while I was away it would have been personally catastrophic.

So what I learned is that I can't rely on just one device if I am to transition from herb to oil. The only reason I went with the rev as opposed to the competition was because of its supposed durability - but since obviously even it can fail with light use I need to have backups. And I am not spending a couple hundred dollars to buy a new Rev as a backup.

Competition has evolved very fast in this sector and there are very compelling products for a fifth of the price. In the past I shunned cheap hash vapes as most of them were potentially harmful scams. But now, after trying the Sticky Wax Burner I realized that there really is not anything that the Rev can hold above it or new ones like the dabbler. So for 150 dollars I can have 6 revolution quality atty's, and three batteries. I see that as a much more attractive option.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I figured being in Canada had something to do with it. For what it's worth, I've put grams and grams through mine and it hasn't slowed down at all... I'm very curious as to what happened to it. Perhaps it's just the switch that needs replacing? Sorry to hear about the misfortune... I know a few people on here wouldn't mind taking it off your hands in a second, broken or not.

Quetzalcoatl,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Ive used the micro G and its decent for the price, smaller hits and it barely holds any wax, very concealable though.
Copied from other thread.

I think the microG can hold a decent amount. Ive loaded about .2 a bunch of times however it usually gets all around the rim and after a hit or two i need to scrape it up and place back on coil. Also carts die out about 3 weeks with constant use.
The ThermoVape Revolution looks good.
Has anyone use on of these? After watching that video I'm kinda Apprehensive about smoking plastic. Are any other pens all medical grade?

The Dart is the same as the revolution without the side load. If you can find a revolution Id jump on it, its the predeccesor to the cera but It wont hold the 0.5 your looking for. I usually load the same size dabs in my microG and dart which is between 0.1-0.2

Mynameismud,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom