"best value" 1st vape

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've done a little research on vapes and taken some of the advice i have read on this killer website and i ran across the Easy Vape

for a first time vape user on a non-volcano budget would this be a good starter?

found a lot of good sites with it at $149 w/ free shipping

drpimper,

lwien

Best value? For under 100 bucks, check out the Magic Flight Launch Box. Great intro into the world of vaping.

lwien,
I second the suggestion for the Magic Flight Launch Box , excellent ultra portable ,super stealthy vape !!

for $99 you can't go wrong ,and it has a Lifetime warranty .

BcBud420,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
I agree with these two guys here about the Magic Flight Launch Box. But if you are looking for a home/desktop unit, you'll need some more suggestions.

I remember seeing someone selling an Extreme Q in the sell your vape thread for $150.

quomist,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I would also recommend the Launch Box. It's a great little vape. The only issue would be if you want something that gives you huge hits. You will not get those with the box; they are more stealth and less obvious (although just as effective). i only bring this up because that was the comment I got yesterday from someone who is used to using a Hot Box. They felt it wasn't "productive" enough.

momofthegoons,

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
i would not recommend the launch box. especially not for a first vape. if the LB had been my first vape, I would have been back to smoking by now. get the launchbox only if stealth is the top priority.

What are you looking for? Something to use at home, something you could carry around, do you care about using as little bud as possible, etc etc. do you smoke bud now? (if you are, getting a vape that gives you a high temp high will help you stick to vaping instead of running away from it)

details like that would help answer your question better. there is a guide to help folks choose their first vape somewhere. here:

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=530

obelisk,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Very good points, obelisk. The LB does have a learning curve and can be frustrating at times. For a first vape, I agree it would not be my first choice. And I would say it's more of a personal vape, than one you would use with others. But it's still my favorite for stealth and portability.

momofthegoons,

lwien

But other than bag vapes, all vapes have a bit of a learning curve. Do you guys believe that the learning curve is steeper on the LB than say, a whip based vape?

lwien,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
First, let me say that in no way do I consider myself knowledgeable about all vapes. I'm a newbie to this at 2 months. I totally agree, however, that all vapes have a learning curve, especially to the newbie. But, honestly, I found the LB to be a little harder to "get to know." It could just be me. I started vaping with a Hot Box and it gave me such massive hits. Then I got the launch box and wasn't sure, in the beginning, that I was even getting a hit unless I was close to combustion. With practice, that has changed, although the hits are still way more stealth than the Hot Box. Now, I have the MZ and find it somewhere in between. But, this vape is also very new to me and I'm in the process of the learning curve with it. I have come to the conclusion that there are different vapes for different moods and situations. I definitely think the LB is a must have, however.

momofthegoons,

steiner666

Serial vapist
drpimper said:
i've done a little research on vapes and taken some of the advice i have read on this killer website and i ran across the Easy Vape...

...found a lot of good sites with it at $149 w/ free shipping
url

While I've never used one, I've heard a lot of negative things about them and would be hesitant to habitually suck on any hot chinese-made piece of electronics. Especially when there are american-made vapes of similar style (like the Vapor Bros) from more reputable manufacturers with clear and certain warranty terms.

*edit* Although they are currently back-ordered, you can get a DBV for ~$170 free shipping at vapeworld.com w/ fc2010 promo, and its a significantly better vape.

steiner666,

lwien

momofthegoons said:
First, let me say that in no way do I consider myself knowledgeable about all vapes. I'm a newbie to this at 2 months. I totally agree, however, that all vapes have a learning curve, especially to the newbie. But, honestly, I found the LB to be a little harder to "get to know." It could just be me. I started vaping with a Hot Box and it gave me such massive hits. Then I got the launch box and wasn't sure, in the beginning, that I was even getting a hit unless I was close to combustion. With practice, that has changed, although the hits are still way more stealth than the Hot Box. Now, I have the MZ and find it somewhere in between. But, this vape is also very new to me and I'm in the process of the learning curve with it. I have come to the conclusion that there are different vapes for different moods and situations. I definitely think the LB is a must have, however.
Ya know, I don't even need a portable, but with all the rave reviews on this little guy, I'm seriously thinking about getting one, just for the halibut. :/

lwien,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
I would say in a vaporizer always better to think long term even if that means you need to shell out some more money. If you like herbs it will pay itself off and you'll be glad.

If portability is not a concern i would recommend you go for da buddha, later down the line you can also add a bong for water filtration.

audiodelic,

sgvpunk

My first (and only for the time being) vaporizer is the launchbox. I have to say i absolutely love this thing. Its portable, ultra stealthy, and has little to no odor, or visible vapor. My main reason for getting a vaporizer was to have a portable piece that would make my greens last longer, and give me a "clean" healthy high that was stealthy. THe launch box has fulfilled all of these requirenments and then some! All my friends who have tried it loved it. THey were all skeptical at first, but after a few hits they knew this box was IT!!!! If your more interested in vaporizing in a home setting, and you dont care about portability or stealth , then perhaps a table top version would suit you better. All im saying is you CANT go wrong with the launch box!! oh yeah, and it has afreaking life time warranty!!!!!!!!!!!!

sgvpunk,
the launch box was not quite what i was looking for....but thanks for the info

portability is not a concern for me, just at home, and i have multiple users in my home

the desktop type is more what in looking for....

i checked out the vapo bros and liked what i saw, same price($149) but, lifetime warranty
thanks, steiner666
great info...

drpimper,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
If you don't list specific criteria as explained in **READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN ASK FC** you're going to get mostly people recommending their current favorite vape.

"Best Value 1st vape" What does that mean? Certainly not the same thing to me as it does to you, thus it's difficult to help you here. Have you read through any of the model threads? How much experience do you have with vaporizing? Give us more information and we can help you.

vtac,

Beezleb

Given theres not much to work with I will say this. Learn about the models pluses and minuses and decide if those are important to you or not.

The easy vape is a vape I often people starting with but its also one I see people quickly move on from due to various issues and factors. Some that come to mind are large wand size, inaccurate and varying digital read out to just name a few. However I am sure their are many happy owners as well but the easy vape I would only recommend if its often seen as faults are unimportant to you. It has pluses as well. I have not seen reports of these breaking down, they have a good warranty if I recall correctly and the price point.

Depending on how you view the easy vape or any vaporizer, than that is representative if its a good value or not.

Beezleb,

max

Out to lunch
drpimper said:
i checked out the vapo bros and liked what i saw, same price($149) but, lifetime warranty
The Vapor Bros. is a good model, but it does not have a lifetime warranty. You have to register it to even get a 2nd year of free repair service. After two years, they charge ($35 currently) for any repair. This is not a lifetime warranty. Warranty means free repair with maybe a return shipping charge.

"Unregistered owners:
For a period of 1 year after the purchase date, we will repair and return vaporizers at our expense, with no charge to the customer. Between 1 year and 2 years, Vaporbrothers will charge $10 for return shipping. PROOF OF PURCHASE IS REQUIRED FOR UNREGISTERED OWNERS. If you don't have proof of purchase we will charge a $35 flat fee, so be sure to file your receipt in a safe place.

Registered owners:
For a period of 2 years after the purchase date, we will repair and return vaporizers at our expense, with no charge to the customer. No proof of purchase is required for registered owners.

Between 2 and 5 years after purchase, Vaporbrothers will charge a $35 flat fee for all Registered and Unregistered owners. The flat fee covers repair, replacement parts, automatic upgrades, and return shipping.

For vaporizers with serial number below 27440 or more than 5 years from purchase date:
We will offer to upgrade or replace your unit for a discount price. Please contact us through our address or website to inquire about this offer.
Repaired vaporizers are warranted against failure with no charge for an additional 6 months beyond their original warranty period.

If we determine there is no defect, or that the defect resulted from causes not within the scope of our warranty, then the customer must pay for return shipping. IMPORTANT: TAMPERING VOIDS THIS WARRANTY. If your unit has been modified or tampered with, we will have to refuse service on it for safety reasons. For practical reasons, VB can offer no cash refunds; we can only repair or replace units."
http://www.vaporbrothers.com/repair/index.html

max,

steiner666

Serial vapist
I assumed that, since the OP was already looking at an easyvape and (I'm guessing) liking the style, he was after a whip vape. So I suggested better-reviewed whip style vapes in the same general price range. You guys are right though, about ppl liking to suggest their current favorite vape. but it does kinda make sense, especially when they're lookin at the same vape you once decided against.

And yeah, i think ppl do tend to move on from their first vape because of issues they have with it. Features that once sounded appealing just become... not. Digital temp sensors are usually pretty inaccurate and, with how draw speed can effect temp so drastically, it's all about relativity, which analog knobs control just fine. If i would have got a vape with a digital temp control i'd probably just be confused and then annoyed by it. I ended up switching from a dbv to ssv because i ended up not liking the ground glass connection or the angle it is held at. So to save him a step i should technically recommend the ssv lol.

About the vapor bros - still, a pretty good warranty that's at least laid out clearly - 2 years of free servicing including shipping costs and after that $35 flat for any problems for 3 years. I dont own one though, i've just heard good opinions elsewhere and IMO would be one of the best in the price range.

Da Buddha's warranty:

"Da Buddha comes with a 3 year warranty. This warranty covers everything but the glass. If anything happens within the warranty period, you send it to us and we take care of the issue. If after the warranty period is over, you can get anything replaced for $25 or less and this includes the shipping charge to ship it back to you via UPS. We would love to offer a longer warranty but nothing can last a lifetime. Pretty much Da Buddha has been designed to last many worry free years! "

So it's warranty is a little better, and that justifies the slightly heftier price tag IMO, and since I've owned one i can safely recommend one (even tho i ended up switching to a silver surfer recently, but that about $100 more than you're looking to spend). IMO, the best vape ~@170 can get ya.

steiner666,

wowthisisrandom

Glass/Vape Enthusiast
I second that u choose the vb. Its the only box vape that does a 3rd party test for toxins in the vapor, plus they are rohs compliant.

wowthisisrandom,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
go with the vapor bros - i had to send a unit back to them not under warranty because it was purchased used, they replaced the heater, the cost was $30. very reasonable.
another good suggestion is the "vapor box" which is very similar and maybe a few dollars less. again, I had to send this unit back for repair and I had bought it used - they fixed it for free, no questions asked.

i think these box vapes have the least amount of learning curve and they work great. you'll find it necessary to prop the back end of the unit up with something like a book to get the right angle, which is not a big deal. i use a mousepad with a wrist rest which works perfectly.

either or = vapor box or vapor bros and you'll be covered. same goes for da buddah.

jeffp,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom