Best Strains for Anxiety ?

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Lovely we can find our medicines in so many different forms and phenotypes. I'm always on the lookout for the high CBD whatever, be it tinctures, tablets, shatter. If you have any caregivers that are growing cbd crew plants, they have cbd genetics for some popular strains.

Gettinbetter

My 2 cents I have found sativa-hybrid CBD dominate strains to be the ticket for me, especially during the daytime. I will echo Mr. DDave, I love OG Kush at night.

Also as was recommended to me if you are new to vaping (I didn't read the whole thread so not sure) I recommend micro-dosing to start... 0.1gm and then up. I am still vaping nicely at 0.1gm for several months and only recently upped the dose for an unrelated yet fucking annoying neck condition (getting old sucks period lol).

Good luck! :rockon:
I have been trying more and more sativa leaning hybrids and straight sativas. I started with Harlequin and ACDC then tried Durban Poison, Golden Goat, and XJ-13. I'm liking the Sativa more than the indica for the most part which goes against most newb advice. I really think the key is to start with small doses and probably try a hybrid leaning either way. Something higher in cbd is a good place to start like Harlequin. I'd love to try some Pennywise but it's not available locally.

little maggie

Why did you not get a prescription for ADD meds? Did your doctor decide that you didn't have it but have anxiety instead? Anyway, I got a local strain that was minimal THC and high CBD but it's gone from where I got it and I don't remember the name. I check leafly for what high CBD strains are available near by. Also tend to look at terpenes.

little maggie,
Reactions: Vaponly

HomeFree

Make a day to go to a number of dispensaries and ask for help for general and specific symptoms. The good dispensaries will know their product, talk to the people who come in and listen - they will be able to say 'we have a patient who loves harlequin for social anxiety' or 'the jedi kush is awesome for a bummer day'. They will have good product for a good price.

Then the next time you need some herb go to the one you liked most along with a couple other new ones and try them out. It takes an investment of time and money (get small quantities), but eventually you will start to get a snapshot of the market, different types of dispensaries, who is out to simply empty your wallet, who is there to help, etc. It will pay off, literally. One place might have amazing quality but absolutely no knowledge of their product. Another might have garbage quality but know it inside and out. It took me a few years to settle on one myself, but I still check out others from time to time. Another place may have both but be priced lower.

I like small amounts of cannabis for anxiety (sativa or indica). A little bit can be distracting enough to pull me out of a negative thought loop. Too much could intensify it with the wrong strain. One of my favorites for anxiety is one called wreckage. Usually if I get anxiety it sometimes comes with depression as a result. When that happens I usually reach for a more citrusy smelling strain - lemon, lime, grapefruit.

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
I have been trying more and more sativa leaning hybrids and straight sativas. I started with Harlequin and ACDC then tried Durban Poison, Golden Goat, and XJ-13. I'm liking the Sativa more than the indica for the most part which goes against most newb advice. I really think the key is to start with small doses and probably try a hybrid leaning either way. Something higher in cbd is a good place to start like Harlequin. I'd love to try some Pennywise but it's not available locally.

Same advice was given to me which like you said is against the norm of indica for relaxation. I have some Pennywise and it is very nice but pretty strong, makes me a little too loopy for a daytime fix but I did enjoy one work shift while on it, slanty eyes and all lol.

I forgot to mention too but higher temps are better, especially for CBD stuff. I was using indica-dominate strains at low temp and it made me more anxious and paranoid.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Yeah I am new to vaping. I started with half stem or less. Now my body is tolerant a bit. I tried the granddaddy purple again and less anxious but it doesn't relax me. I can feel a pick me up but it's not a good feeling. Almost as if I drank too much coffee.

The King Kong which is another indica I feel nothing at all. So far I am liking the sativas I got and hybrids. Strawberry cough and Jack herer I like.
You will get into it!
Sativa=morning
Hybrids = until dusk
Indica's=night

I love shatter anytime!

It's really strong so beware!

Regalizgirl

I tried another indica from this new dispensary. It was their private OG reserve. Pretty good. It relaxes me but I don't feel too relaxed to stay asleep. I have two sativa dominant strains and two indica dominant strains. I dunno if I posted about them. I will be back with strain names

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I tried another indica from this new dispensary. It was their private OG reserve. Pretty good. It relaxes me but I don't feel too relaxed to stay asleep. I have two sativa dominant strains and two indica dominant strains. I dunno if I posted about them. I will be back with strain names
GDP is tasty.
DRIZZLE OG is very powerful! (INDICA)

SATIVA = MAUI WOWIE, OAXCA COLAS, LEMON HAZE

HYBRIDS = GIRL SCOUT COOKIES, DUTCH TREAT

Their are so many different ones however I like these.

SNOOP DOGGY PURPLE KUSH = Never can I find it?

sanfranciscosadhu

Micro dosing is really where it's at! Twp other ways to say it; less is often more; quantity changes quality.
Also important what do you associate the medicine with, For me when I get high I stretch and do a gentle yoga practice, That helps me a lot with anxiety and overall wellness.

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
I have a psychiatrist , they wouldn't test me of ADHD ( this was the reason why I went ) I have insomnia and depression. Depression runs in the family and anxiety. I don't get panic attacks often.

my apologies to everyone for jumping in here, but as far as I had read through this thread, some stuff has jumped out at me. (running on fumes, wanted to get this out while I could)

If you have a psych, and they wouldn't test you for ADD spectrum, that would raise a big red flag for me.
They may have other things to evaluate you for, but just refusing a test would make ME question things.

The person that noted that anxiety was a symptom of a problem is onto something... always try to rule out organic problems (thyroid tests, full physical). That said...

There are many books out there about ADD (I discovered my own @ 38 with 'Driven to Distraction', felt like the author was shadowing me). If you have just cause to suspect it, ask the Psych why they haven't followed through. If they don't have an acceptable answer, I'd consider shopping for a new doc.

OCD and Social Anxiety Disorder (hah! SAD was already taken by Seasonal Affective Disorder!) are commonly 'co-morbid' with ADD and ADHD in varying degrees.

Traditionally docs use a stimulant as part of one phase of addressing ADD, but it's hit and miss as to which ones will work and what side effects might be experienced... assuming you find an effective stimulant, the point is NOT to use speed for life!, it is to help you with focus while you learn new tools/skills/coping mechanisms, and once that is achieved you use these skills daily. You may keep some of your stimulant around for extra focus during extreme meetings, etc; But it is not used daily, news skills developed by Behavior Modification as found in Cognitive Behavior Therapy are what get you through each day.

So I'll just aim this primarily @ anxiety and depression: #1 CBD) works on anxiety and depression
#2) THCa will aggravate anxiety #3) have to go review my terpene notes (anyone wanna chime in?)

hope that was worth the interruption :)

Baron23

Bubba Kush is it for me...I just wish my state would get its medical program finally opened up so I can select strains for effect.

I find the Bubba Kush to not have a great head high with associated possible anxiety but it does provide a very relaxing body high and is very sedative. Not for daytime use but I mostly vape in order to sleep with a mess of a back (lumbar and cervical...well, I did have a lot of rough and tumble fun when I was younger LOL).

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
GDP made me break in a sweat and woke me up lol , it doesn't relax me at all. I have GSC I like that one
GPD I like because my friend from Santa Cruz, CA always gave me some.

GSC I love alot. (MILD)

I have this DRIZZLE OG that is really strong.
(If you like comas?)

I have a few another jars however I forgot whats in them?

It's a good thing to forget!

You don't want to remember everything?
@looney2nz ANXIETY sucks!

If a strain takes it away I love it!
I like low THC % levels during the day.
HIGH % at night.

When I no longer had a fake belief it helped a lot.
CANNABIS to me has a SYNERGY element with our bodies!

Last edited:
Top Bottom