• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Best Strains for Anxiety ?

Gettinbetter

This is something I have been dealing with. I have found that it is a good idea to start slow and with very small doses of anything new that you try. Everyone is different but high cbd strains are going to be a good place to start. The CBD counteracts some of the effects of the thc that trigger anxiety.

I have found that using something with very high CBD to THC ratio after or before using a high THC and low CBD works very well too. For example, I will vape ACDC followed with an indica blend.

There are a lot of good flowers out there and you will have to experiment a bit. Just take it easy and if anxiety sets in from the flower remind yourself that the effects will only last for a couple of hours at best.

Sour Tsunami is good. Cannatonic is good. Harle Tsu is good. My favorite so far is Harlequin. Works really well on my anxiety and OCD.

Remember too that your environment is going to play a roll in your anxiety so set yourself up for a successful experience especially in the beginning. Good luck!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I got a batch of cbd mango haze (sativa) which is uplifting and calms down my anxiety. It's a 1:3 ratio, 4% thc, 12% cbd. I hadn't tried a sativa cbd strain before but was pleasantly surprised. Stephen Hawking Kush is another good high CBD strain that I've tried, it's more of a 1:1 ratio (4% thc, 5% cbd) but nice and relaxing. That one is an indica.

Vaponly

What, Me Worry?
The dr said I had GAD I also get social anxiety.

I have been diagnosed with the same several times. In my non-professional opinion General Anxiety Disorder is a fancy way of saying "we are not really sure why you keep freaking out and having panic attacks so take these tranquilizers and go away". When pressed you will be likely be referred to a psyche.

If your anxiety attacks are being caused by ADHD, then medicating with depressants or indica dominant strains will likely make the attacks even more intense when the medication wears off.

Serotonin Reuptake inhibitors can have some dangerous effects when mistakenly prescribed to someone with normal serotonin levels and ADHD.

The most helpful thing I have found when dealing with an active panic attack is to always remember that no matter how "scary" it feels, it WILL NOT and CANNOT kill you. When I fully embraced that fact, my panic attacks became far less frequent. With proper care anxiety is something I seldom experience after nearly 20 years of it controlling my life.

Regalizgirl

I have been diagnosed with the same several times. In my non-professional opinion General Anxiety Disorder is a fancy way of saying "we are not really sure why you keep freaking out and having panic attacks so take these tranquilizers and go away". When pressed you will be likely be referred to a psyche.

If your anxiety attacks are being caused by ADHD, then medicating with depressants or indica dominant strains will likely make the attacks even more intense when the medication wears off.

Serotonin Reuptake inhibitors can have some dangerous effects when mistakenly prescribed to someone with normal serotonin levels and ADHD.

The most helpful thing I have found when dealing with an active panic attack is to always remember that no matter how "scary" it feels, it WILL NOT and CANNOT kill you. When I fully embraced that fact, my panic attacks became far less frequent. With proper care anxiety is something I seldom experience after nearly 20 years of it controlling my life.

I have a psychiatrist , they wouldn't test me of ADHD ( this was the reason why I went ) I have insomnia and depression. Depression runs in the family and anxiety. I don't get panic attacks often.

Regalizgirl,
Reactions: ataxian

biohacker

I have serious insomnia now as the result of overdoing the vape for a decade most likely self medicating for Anxiety, ADHD, OCD, and apparently bipolar and became super dependent and addicted to vaping to cope with the pain of it all, and to be able to manage a stress shiftwork career. My sleep is absolutely fucked, and I haven't vaped in 5 weeks. I'll be returning to vaping no doubt, but trying to get over the withdrawals, but it's a slow long process that could take a couple of years depending on your usage history. I'm quite certain that it's the chicken and the egg scenario because when I can sleep all my mental health issues vanish. All the docs do is push chemical tranquilizers which IMO are not the solution. Nobody knows anything about cannabis and withdrawal but there are a tonne of online resources and thousands of people going through the same thing. Feel free to PM if you wanna chat and share experiences. After another few weeks, I will accept defeat and return to smart moderate micro dose vaping, since it will always be healthier than the alternative. However, years of abuse is what brought it on and made me disabled. The poison is always in the dose, but some of us are very sensitive and more vulnerable to the negative effects and addiction. When I do sleep, it's the lightest form possible and I feel like i'm basically awake all night and suffer all day. I used to vape to mask the pain of it. However in the future i'll make sure to just use it to get through the night, and never wake and vape, even though it does change sleep architecture, not necessarily in a bad way, but there is a reason the stereotypical stoner has serious bags under their eyes.

chris 71

hey biohacker , your above post made me want to share something i recently discovered . because what you write reminds me of me ...
i have been using cannabis for a long time too . but only knowingly for medical purposes for the last few years . i say knowingly because i believe people self medicate unknowing as well . and this is what i think i was doing all along .

anyway , to cut to the chase i was starting to wonder if the cannabis was causing my problems , basically from reading about the harms and dangers of regular cannabis use .
i suffer from , irritability , insomnia , anxiety i have been to the hospital from panic attack , it was a very scary experience to say the least . as well as many other symptoms GI issues and much more .
anyway i have now found out that i have graves disease . it showed up on some more in depth blood work . i tested positive for the antibodies and elevated free t 3 . it turns out that ALL ! of the crazy things that i have been experiencing are also symptoms of graves disease .
i have had blood work in the past that didnt show this problem . but it could be something that has been going on for years which would explain everything. and they dont always find it on routine blood test . people are sometimes misdiagnosed with things like bi polar and other mental issues because of this .

im not suggesting that this is your case at all , but there are many health issues that people may have and when we cant find what is causing them . we can possibly blame the most seemingly culprit and with the stigma that cannabis holds its easy to think it could be the cause when maybe there is some other underling issue that the docs dont find so easily . just some food for thought

as for thread topic sometimes a stronger type works well for me , sometimes a weaker strain is in order . it really depends on the person i think . and what works once may not work the next time its always good if you have more then one strain

Last edited:

snamuh

ghost
I haven't read this post yet... But cbd has helped my anxiety... Ive been taking various supplements... Cbd, l tyrosine, ashwagandha... I've been doing a lot better dealing with life and stress since taking these...

I take b12 + a multivitamin too.

Regalizgirl

hey biohacker , your above post made me want to share something i recently discovered . because what you write reminds me of me ...
i have been using cannabis for a long time too . but only knowingly for medical purposes for the last few years . i say knowingly because i believe people self medicate unknowing as well . and this is what i think i was doing all along .

anyway , to cut to the chase i was starting to wonder if the cannabis was causing my problems , basically from reading about the harms and dangers of regular cannabis use .
i suffer from , irritability , insomnia , anxiety i have been to the hospital from panic attack , it was a very scary experience to say the least . as well as many other symptoms GI issues and much more .
anyway i have now found out that i have graves disease . it showed up on some more in depth blood work . i tested positive for the antibodies and elevated free t 3 . it turns out that ALL ! of the crazy things that i have been experiencing are also symptoms of graves disease .
i have had blood work in the past that didnt show this problem . but it could be something that has been going on for years which would explain everything. and they dont always find it on routine blood test . people are sometimes misdiagnosed with things like bi polar and other mental issues because of this .

im not suggesting that this is your case at all , but there are many health issues that people may have and when we cant find what is causing them . we can possibly blame the most seemingly culprit and with the stigma that cannabis holds its easy to think it could be the cause when maybe there is some other underling issue that the docs dont find so easily . just some food for thought

as for thread topic sometimes a stronger type works well for me , sometimes a weaker strain is in order . it really depends on the person i think . and what works once may not work the next time its always good if you have more then one strain

I agree with you. I suggest if one wants to use cannabis for medical reasons they should be checked by a Dr. I recently had my physical and I had a bunch of blood work done to make sure it wasn't something else causing my symptoms. I am extremely low in Vitamin D. I was prescribed 50,000 units to take once a week. I also been taking my fish oil which as well have Vitamin D. I am sure once I restore my Vitamin D my insomnia will probably go away. ( Google about low vitamin D and see why it's important )

My father had Graves' disease so they checked my thyroid a few years back. I have a slew of symptoms not related to mental health. Low Vitamin D can cause a lot of what I am going through so it's babies steps for me. Since the dr didn't find anything else but the low D we will see if my symptoms go alway once I get my levels right.

The psychiatrist put me on remeron 15mg to help me sleep. Some times I take only half the pill. I can see after using this for almost a month my body is getting use to it. It can be 1am-2am and I am not even tired. I have to take my pill to go asleep now. When I first started on the meds I was getting tired around 10pm and 11pm. I was also remembering dreams. Now I can't remember my dreams. I got to sleep but I don't get to that deep restful sleep.

Since I am getting more sleep on the remeron my brain doesn't feel like it's going a million mph , I feel more focused and not so spazy. My goal is to not be on the prescription meds. Most likely I will try indica strains that help me sleep and go from there.

I always had anxiety but never got diagnosed. I just never paid much attention to it but now it seems to stop me from doing a lot of things and also the depression. Like I said Ima see if more sleep helps eases me. Everyone is different and of course my experience won't match another persons.

biohacker

Thanks @chris 71 I will definitely look up Graves Disease....it actually wouldn't surprise me based on what i've put my brain and body through over the past several years. However, my symptoms are going away...it's definitely cannabis withdrawal no question.... my intense night sweats and just general sweating (smells like kush!) are essentially gone...they took about a month, and i'm getting intense REM rebound, which is awesome in some ways, but exhausting in others. I finally had the energy to return to the gym (one of my passions) today since quitting vaping. I love cannabis, and will never take pharma over it, but I always overdid it....just too much fun with VAS, etc. Now I have a couple of vapes, and don't really care for the next cutting edge one, unless it's something huge. I'm just noticing way too many positives, like the bags and dark circles under my eyes are going away, and i'm actually looking younger. There are other positives, and I completely don't miss the habit of it, but look forward to vaping again with my wife. I just can't do the first thing in the morning (early) to night all day binges, etc. I need to keep the dose therapeutic, and not think it's as benign as many people do. I have been diagnosed with a bunch of mental health disorders, but i'm now starting to think it's all BS, because i'm fine WHEN/IF I sleep properly.... I need to find a psychologist and psychiatrist that isn't a moron like most, and actually have a clue what and how THC impacts the brain, and also withdrawal, which is the source of my present issues.

I do have an intimate knowledge of biochemistry and biophysics, so will look further into hormone research, because I know that common blood panels don't really illustrate the overall picture.

Anyways, back to topic....my wife has debilitating anxiety, and vaping sometimes really helps her, but also sometimes makes it worse. She gets prescribed remeron, trazadone, and a slew of others...and i've been prescribed so many like Seroquel, lithium, latuda, valproic acid.... and we would never take any of them. Much rather stay natural. Problem is with strains and sources, you don't really know what you're getting with the complex cannabinoid profiles, which is why it's sometimes called a "dirty drug". I now know that upping the CBD is essential, and I can't just go for the strongest highest THC strains, as it can backfire with side effects quite rapidly.

It seems like with this miraculous plant the name of the game is trial and error, and keep tolerance low, and not develop a dependency which is so easy to do. I am a strong believer that cannabis is a great medicine, but also that many medicinal users are simply avoiding withdrawal symptoms, very similar to caffeine, which was one hell of a drug to quit for me. I also had to quit alcohol, and it crippled my insomnia even more. Slowly but surely, i'll get there, as will my wife, and then we will respect the hell out of the plant. But everyone is wired differently, and has different experience and history with vaping (and combustion).

Like everything in life, nothing is black or white....good or bad.... it's all a balance of risk/reward benefit/harm.

Other than insomnia, I do feel tingles/body stone frequently... it's kinda of nice, but also annoying...just the body getting it's fix from fat stores (what little I have). The early morning (12am-2am) wakenings do suck though...mind just goes racing like crazy.

Regalizgirl

Thanks @chris 71

Anyways, back to topic....my wife has debilitating anxiety, and vaping sometimes really helps her, but also sometimes makes it worse. She gets prescribed remeron, trazadone, and a slew of others...and i've been prescribed so many like Seroquel, lithium, latuda, valproic acid.... and we would never take any of them. Much rather stay natural. Problem is with strains and sources, you don't really know what you're getting with the complex cannabinoid profiles, which is why it's sometimes called a "dirty drug". I now know that upping the CBD is essential, and I can't just go for the strongest highest THC strains, as it can backfire with side effects quite rapidly.

I do not know how it is in Canada with strains but I live in California. I am fortunate to live by dispensaries that test their stock. On leafly you can see some strains have been profiled. It really is a trail and error with these plants as what the Dr told me. CA has so many strains here and I know other countries and even states can't get what CA people would call common strains.

Regalizgirl,
Reactions: ataxian

ginolicious

Personally, I prefer the the Kush strains. Strong heavy indicas seem to do it nicely. Sucks not having a license and having to buy from a buddy who sells. Never really knows what he has. His stuff is always damn good, but sucks when I get a sativa and can't sleep cause my brain will not slow down.

TheDarkOne

The Gary Coleman strain around where I live in Michigan is very popular to help with challenges around anxiety.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Sweet Island Skunk 50/50 CBD/THC.

I also like Pennywise as an equal thc vs. cbd strain. Availble in seed form too although you may have to sort through a few phenos.

I have found strains high in the terpene limonene tend to be very mood enhancing also. Agent Orange is one if my favorites. Great for daytime.

One could also get limonene from other non cannabis sources too, such as oranges. So in essence, eating a orange before you partake may actually effect the way the THC effects you... Crazy huh?

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I have a strain called Hindu Kush I use that for late at night right before bed. It's a real couch lock strain. I find it helps for anxiety too. I looked it up and it said that it worked well for sleep, pain and anxiety. This would be a good one for someone with anger problems. It would mellow them out after a few vapor hits.:lol:

It has an earthy sandalwood type taste. If you see Hindu Kush, try it out.:tup:

Originally history says it started out growing in the mountains between Pakistan and Afghanistan.:2c:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Like this whole time I been on this forum I haven't even bought one bud yet. I want to make sure I have a list of what I want to try before I go to a dispensary. ( this is just how I am , I do research before doing anything lol )
I feel for you and everyone that suffers from something?
My SCA is getting worse. (I also suffer from insomnia, depression and then some)
Some need T Breaks?
Put me in the ER if I do that!

Cannabis helps me more than anything.

I have different strains at different times during the day.
Mixing my Water Pipes and Vaporizers helps as well.

GSC (GIRL SCOUT COOKIES), DUTCH TREAT, GORILLA GLUE = Day time to name some

GDP (GRAND DADDY PURPLE), PARIS OG, SNOOP DOGGY PURPLE KUSH = NIGHT TIME

Their are many others however I look for these first.

I found that it all depends on what your needs are?
We all require different Strains and vaporizers?
Water Pipes I like because it makes it smooth for me!

Find your sweet spot!
14QnRCz.jpg

afternoon medication

Last edited:

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
My 2 cents I have found sativa-hybrid CBD dominate strains to be the ticket for me, especially during the daytime. I will echo Mr. DDave, I love OG Kush at night.

Also as was recommended to me if you are new to vaping (I didn't read the whole thread so not sure) I recommend micro-dosing to start... 0.1gm and then up. I am still vaping nicely at 0.1gm for several months and only recently upped the dose for an unrelated yet fucking annoying neck condition (getting old sucks period lol).

Good luck! :rockon:

Regalizgirl

My 2 cents I have found sativa-hybrid CBD dominate strains to be the ticket for me, especially during the daytime. I will echo Mr. DDave, I love OG Kush at night.

Also as was recommended to me if you are new to vaping (I didn't read the whole thread so not sure) I recommend micro-dosing to start... 0.1gm and then up. I am still vaping nicely at 0.1gm for several months and only recently upped the dose for an unrelated yet fucking annoying neck condition (getting old sucks period lol).

Good luck! :rockon:

Yeah I am new to vaping. I started with half stem or less. Now my body is tolerant a bit. I tried the granddaddy purple again and less anxious but it doesn't relax me. I can feel a pick me up but it's not a good feeling. Almost as if I drank too much coffee.

The King Kong which is another indica I feel nothing at all. So far I am liking the sativas I got and hybrids. Strawberry cough and Jack herer I like.

Top Bottom