Best Portable for Skiing

Status
Not open for further replies.

abcdefree

Looking to pick up a portable vape to use while out on the hill or on the lift this year that can withstand being in my pocket out in the cold. I have looked into the Pax, Pinnacle Pro, and the Ascent fairly heavily but can't really decide...

I need this portable to:
- Still work in the cold (I understand it will take longer to warm up)
- Be easy enough to load/unload while on a lift (I've got lots of pockets to hold pill bottles for shake/AVB)
- Have enough battery to get me through a few sessions before dying
- Would like to also be able to use it in my car on a daily basis

Thanks for your opinions, they are much appreciated.

abcdefree,

Caligula

Maximus
Pinnacle Pro would fit the bill. Very pocketable, durable, decent battery life, moderately stealth and you can preload the "bullet" carts with herb for fast reloading.

Caligula,

z9

Looking to pick up a portable vape to use while out on the hill or on the lift this year that can withstand being in my pocket out in the cold. I have looked into the Pax, Pinnacle Pro, and the Ascent fairly heavily but can't really decide...

I need this portable to:
- Still work in the cold (I understand it will take longer to warm up)
- Be easy enough to load/unload while on a lift (I've got lots of pockets to hold pill bottles for shake/AVB)
- Have enough battery to get me through a few sessions before dying
- Would like to also be able to use it in my car on a daily basis

Thanks for your opinions, they are much appreciated.

If it were me I would go with the pax, its small, sturdy, easy to load, and only has a single button and minimal settings (nice when its cold, wet, and windy!). I believe it would be less likely to get broken from a fall and only you know what you ride? Park or Woods? If so I would go with something that would be least likely to hurt me or get damaged in a fall.

Where are you trying to store it while you ride? Pocket or backpack? I believe the pax is the most pocket friendly. There's a high risk of something happening to your vape while on the slopes, so I would try to keep the price as low as possible.

Battery life will be negatively impacted by the cold, this is inevitable. If you want multiple sessions in the cold you'll need to keep it in a pocket close to your body for warmth or put it in a backpack with a hand warmer.

The Zenpen would be ideal for what you want but doesn't come out until February. The main reason I purchased mine is to use it on the slopes. On the lift, or in a secluded spot in the woods... nothing quit like vaping in the woods while you're up to your knees in powder, it makes everything that much more beautiful.

z9,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
For me it's oils exclusively on the hill. The inhalater was nice but tough to fill a capsule on the go if I ran out of prefilled stuff. The Solo is just too big, could break a rib falling on it. The Pax could work, but again, filling it on the go would be a pain and stirring even worse. I just think the simplicity, discrete nature and inherently wind-proof qualities of oil vapes make them ideal for us riders.

as

If it was me i would be looking at lighter bassed vapes and i would ho with a lotus or a vapman ideal for you IMO both small and not gunner brake from a fall

as,

Bouldorado

If it was me i would be looking at lighter bassed vapes and i would ho with a lotus or a vapman ideal for you IMO both small and not gunner brake from a fall

The lotus is awesome, but not the best if OP intends to vape while driving, since it is difficult to use with one hand.

Bouldorado,

max

Out to lunch
Battery operated portables may not do well in cold windy conditions. What you'd want for most portable situations and what would work best on a mountain when skiing may not be the same model. For the slopes I'd go with vapman or lotus.

max,

Dr. Plutonious

Battery operated portables may not do well in cold windy conditions. What you'd want for most portable situations and what would work best on a mountain when skiing may not be the same model. For the slopes I'd go with vapman or lotus.
Ah good man.

I was thinking the Lotus is probably the way to go for a skiing portable. Also a very easy vape to transport!

Dr. Plutonious,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
When clean and charged, the Pax is a great ski buddy. I have taken it to Colorado and Utah and it worked great. I did have problems with my first Pax since it had mouthpiece problems. I also just took the Pax to Lockn' Festival where it lastsed ALL day/night. My buddies loved it so much, they bought one when they got back.

Tstat,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom