Best microdoser that isn’t a Dynavap?

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
After years of using session vapes to get myself high enough to jump over the moon, I’ve come to appreciate the more subtle effects of microdosing. I got a Dynavap M with Ti tip and am amazed at how much effect I can get from so little flower. Ever since then, I’ve looked at most vapes and wondering why I would ever need to vape so much flower at one time.

If my main focus is A. Microdosing and B. Great flavor, is the Dynavap the best there is? Are there other dry herb options that offer great flavor and big effects with a little flower?

I do also have a Splinter Z, which I’ve been using with the bowl half packed. I have plenty of ways to vape concentrates so no need for concentrate suggestions.

What does FC say? From my own research I’ve seen the Fury 2 or POTV One listed as good microdosers, but I’ve also heard the taste is nothing special on either of them. I’ve heard the Ghost MV1 is really powerful with small amounts of herb but you only get one good tasting hit per crucible. Should I just get an Omnivap to maximize my Dynavap experience?

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I have thought that an Ed’s Woodscent would be the ultimate Dynavap upgrade...

But that is an expensive piece! Anyone have any other recommendations?

The Enano has nothing but rave reviews, and is more affordable than the Woodscents. It's definitely worth considering.
(Starts at $189)

https://epicvape.com/

vape_kit-400x230.png

However, the fact that the Woodscents uses the Dynavap tips as it's bowls makes it the log for me! I can use all my Dynavap tips, and any stem I have that fits Dynavap tips. So I think the Woodscents is definitely worth the extra hundred bucks :smug:

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
Portable: Ghost*, MVT Imp**, FW5

Desktop: Enano, Woodscents***, NVFP

*Ghost flavor to me is better than vc. There is no way that anyone could think the flavor is worse than the vc.

**Since you already have a mod for the Splinter, check out the Imp. A microdosing-size Splinter.

***Since you already have the vc, check out the Woodscents.

Vapes like the One/Fury 2, Fierce, Boundless vapes are considered at the top of 3rd tier vapes. They aren't going to have the taste that tier 1 & 2 vapes have. The One's vapor taste is bland/neutral, but for stealth it serves it's purpose very well.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Portable: Ghost*, MVT Imp**, FW5

Desktop: Enano, Woodscents***, NVFP

*Ghost flavor to me is better than vc. There is no way that anyone could think the flavor is worse than the vc.

**Since you already have a mod for the Splinter, check out the Imp. A microdosing-size Splinter.

***Since you already have the vc, check out the Woodscents.

Vapes like the One/Fury 2, Fierce, Boundless vapes are considered at the top of 3rd tier vapes. They aren't going to have the taste that tier 1 & 2 vapes have. The One's vapor taste is bland/neutral, but for stealth it serves it's purpose very well.

Thanks so much Summer! Of those, which do you think is the most efficient and which do you think has the best flavor?

Summer

Long Island, NY
They are all efficient & have good flavor. Of the ones I recommended to you, I only have the Ghost :luv:& Enano, with the NVFP enroute. The other ones I listed are ones that fit my criteria (on-demand convection - mostly regulated/microdosing - like the Splinter Z :luv:) that I extensively researched here & on youtube (you can also check out VLF & sub-reddits), & was also formulated based on respected members' experience & others whom I share the same taste with. If I could afford to, I'd own them all.

My suggestion for youtube reviews are sneakypete vaporizers, 420vapezone, Vape Critic & wavy vaporizers.

Although I am not partial to the FF2 it's worth consideration as a portable. Along with the others, Vape Life on youtube has a good review for this & the Ghost.

Last edited by a moderator:

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Thanks @Summer! I appreciate how much time and effort you put into helping people around here. That’s part of what makes this community so awesome.

I’ve done a lot of research from the resources you mentioned (except wavy, I’ll check their videos out). Of the ones you listed, the ones that seem the most desirable to me would be the Ghost or the Woodscent, which of course are the most expensive options. :lol:

I’ve looked closely at the Imp and think it’s a great option, but to be honest playing with the Z makes me less interested in continuing down the box mod route, which is why the Ghost and Woodscent both speak to me, as they’re both very simple to operate and get vapor from. Now the real question for me is do I want to deal with batteries on the Ghost or do I want to lose portability with the Woodscent? Or am I just dealing with VAS and need to be happy with what I have, neither of which are slouches?

I’ll be curious to hear your thoughts on the Flowerpot! That is the one I know the least about of all the ones you listed.

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
the ones that seem the most desirable to me would be the Ghost or the Woodscent, which of course are the most expensive options. :lol:

Oiy! Isn't that always the way? :lol: With the 420 sale the FP still cost me a little over $400. I could have saved a $100 if I went frugal. I'm a 1 person microdoser so now I'll have 7 vapes (which is more than I need) so this is one of last ones I'm ever gonna to buy, so I went big. I know I'm gonna love it as I'm really tuned in to what works for me & will make me HAPPY. The only other 3 I'm interested in haven't even been released yet. But I do know that if anything happened to the vapes I do own, I would definitely replace them.

Oh, if you want to be tethered, consider the Evo also.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Oiy! Isn't that always the way? :lol: With the 420 sale the FP still cost me a little over $400. I could have saved a $100 if I went frugal. I'm a 1 person microdoser so now I'll have 7 vapes (which is more than I need) so this is one of last ones I'm ever gonna to buy, so I went big. I know I'm gonna love it as I'm really tuned in to what works for me & will make me HAPPY. The only other 3 I'm interested in haven't even been released yet. But I do know that if anything happened to the vapes I do own, I would definitely replace them.

Oh, if you want to be tethered, consider the Evo also.

The big one I’m waiting for is the Sprout. I honestly don’t need more than what I have now either, so maybe I should be spending that money on Jyarz and flower!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I don't have an MV-1, but I know that you will not regret your Woodscents purchase as a home-vape. These log vapes are so versatile, that you can get almost any experience you want from them. Everything from wispy flavorful dry hits to milking/white-walling a reasonable size bong. And these logs (Woodscents, Enano, Underdog) are just about the most efficient vaporizers you can possibly own...on par with Dynavap.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
After going back through Summer’s list and watching some videos and reviews, I realized that I overlooked the Firewood 5 way too quickly. Given that my current usage is once a day late at night for 2-4 hits total, a log vape seems like overkill. If I were able to do longer sessions and wanted to take more/longer/bigger hits, I think a log vape would be a no brainer.

Of the portables, the Imp has too much overlap with the Splinter, which I already have. The Ghost still seems like a strong candidate, given that a single crucible would be all I would need for a day at this moment.

The Firefly though sounds like it might be perfect. The five chambers are nice and small, but the vape is efficient enough that I can get the 2-4 hits I want off one bowl. And if I did need to go out and about, I could fill up a bowl or two (or three or four) and it’s all contained in the vape, no separate container like the Ghost. And I do love to support independent creators.

Ahh, decisions decisions...

Summer

Long Island, NY
@FlyingLow, didn't you even read what the OP said? She doesn't want a log vape & the title of the thread is "Best microdoser that isn’t a Dynavap?"

Summer,
Reactions: arb

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
@FlyingLow, didn't you even read what the OP said? She doesn't want a log vape & the title of the thread is "Best microdoser that isn’t a Dynavap?"
I did and it is contradictory.

He asked for a efficient, flavorful microdoser- the recommendation stands with a log as an excellent option.

Logs are not just for more/longer/bigger hits as the OP suggests, Logs are in fact perfect for his stated use. Hell, with my nano I only pack enough for one hit and cash. Are you suggesting I am using it wrong?

While I am sure everyone appreciates you policing this posters thread, his first post did ask, "Should I just get an Omnivap to maximize my Dynavap experience?" So again, my response was right on point and relevant with regards to bringing up Omnivap.

Perhaps you might let the OP speak for themself to bring some clarity and closure to this discourse.

Brewervapesalot

After going back through Summer’s list and watching some videos and reviews, I realized that I overlooked the Firewood 5 way too quickly. Given that my current usage is once a day late at night for 2-4 hits total, a log vape seems like overkill. If I were able to do longer sessions and wanted to take more/longer/bigger hits, I think a log vape would be a no brainer.

Of the portables, the Imp has too much overlap with the Splinter, which I already have. The Ghost still seems like a strong candidate, given that a single crucible would be all I would need for a day at this moment.

The Firefly though sounds like it might be perfect. The five chambers are nice and small, but the vape is efficient enough that I can get the 2-4 hits I want off one bowl. And if I did need to go out and about, I could fill up a bowl or two (or three or four) and it’s all contained in the vape, no separate container like the Ghost. And I do love to support independent creators.

Ahh, decisions decisions...

I would go Evo. Dose as much or as little as you want. Lots of fun and maxium flexibility with accessories. Nothing hits harder if want you or friends want that. Very social or great solo.

For your small amount of use, for a portable, look at FF2 Plus (come out in May, see forum for unreleased). Out of the vaporizers that @Summer very diligently summarized, and that I have tried, I think its flavor (notch above all IMO) and glass path and ease of cleaning with just a small wipe may suit your needs.

Ghost would be a good choice as would FF5 too.

3rd tier means inexpensive and good compared to others like it. Think Ferrari, Lexus, Toyota, geo metro. All are cars and have wheels but it ain't fair to compare the top tier with the bottom tier because the manufacturers didnt mean for them to compete like that.

Typically 3rd tier are cheap and get job done with drawbacks comparatively speaking.

Last edited:

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I apologize, I should have listed a price limit. I don’t want to spend more than $300 altogether, which I know disqualified a few of the vapes people here have been recommending.

I also realize a log vape can be an excellent microdoser, I wasn’t suggesting they can’t be. I just personally would feel like I wasn’t using a log to its full potential if I only used it for 2-4 microdose hits per night.

terpojones35

Dynavaps seem to be the most simple vapes in terms of microdosing considering they are small and direct with full convection and they work like a one hitter. Every little aspect of how you vaporize is completely controllable to you, and it will completely extract all the THC from ANY amount you give it. You drain everything from your material by your own control as much as you want. Yeah there’s no temperature dials or screens, but it’s about as straight forward and direct as it can get. No plastic, no batteries, just direct 100% performance. I’d say don’t worry about another vape and go with the Omnivap like you mentioned. That’s just my opinion though.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Agree. I mostly use my IH but always have a couple torches around to mix it up a bit.

Like you, I love the rituals so I'm planning on adding to my vapcap collection. Omnis, VonGs, lots of cool aftermarket options--that's the route I'm on.

Best of luck on your journey!

Last edited:

terpojones35

Agree. I mostly use my IH but always have a couple torches around to mix it up a bit.

Like you, I love the rituals so I'm planning on adding to my vapcap collection. Omnis, VonGs, lots of cool aftermarket options--that's the route on.

Best of luck on your journey!

I just recently ordered an xl condenser, ti tip, and a spinning mouthpiece to expand my M :)
At this point it scares me to think that they could come out with anything else because they seem to have done it all.

Top Bottom