Best Concert Vape

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
What is everyone's opinion on "Best Concert Vape"?

Specifically, something that meets the following criteria:
  • Inexpensive/replaceable (in case it is nabbed by security).
  • Small and discrete form factor.
  • All glass or Minimal metal (so not to set off wands or other detectors).
I am not trying to get my TOAD or P80 snagged by security, and while Dynavaps/Omni's have served me well for many years, it is tougher and tougher for me to discern clicks in loud venues. Additionally, the torch does draw unwanted attention when sparking in venues.

I welcome any and all suggestions!

Radwin Bodnic

I think the Vaponic ticks all the boxes.
It comes with a fake marker pen case for stealth and sturdiness.
Costs less than 40€, is almost all glass, doesn't require ground material : you can put whole nuggets and ditch the (fairly minimal) screen.

Bonus : the taste is really good.

The bowl might be on the smaller size.
But you can build Cheaponics with a standard borosilicate test tube and a glass one hitter. (I thought I read somewhere you were a one hitter smoker before switching to vaping).
I've built Cheaponics that have a bigger bowl for around 1€ each.

Edit : still need a torch to get it hot though.

mixchu69

I am not trying to get my TOAD or P80 snagged by security, and while Dynavaps/Omni's have served me well for many years, it is tougher and tougher for me to discern clicks in loud venues. Additionally, the torch does draw unwanted attention when sparking in venues.

I was going to post a similar question, but mine was for the golf course.

My current 3 are the Xmax v3 pro, the Lobo, or the Firewood 9. But open to suggestions too. Agree that the torch draws too much attention.

Edit: another one i am looking at is the roffu

el sargantano

I really don't like it, but I have to reckon Pax as a paradigm on stealth USB device.
Try to cross trough the security guys with an still empty vape, it stinks so hard

el sargantano,
Reactions: hoptimum

Durbandream

If you like the Dynavap then you could practice timing the clicks instead of listening for them so you can use it anywhere, though I've never used a Dyna so I don't know how well that works. You could also get a glass extraction device like the Nameless or Terpedo from The Rogue Wax Works, you'd need some kind of heat proof case for it but I have a few of his desktop butane vapes and they work great for fast, complete extraction, plus they're inexpensive.

Durbandream,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
The new XmaxV3 Nano is really small. Metal housing, small glass stem, can be had for under 50 bucks.
No fuss. One button on/off, no temp controls. Through a 3 minute timed sesh, heat gradually increases. I get 3 to 4 hits from one chamber.

I don't have torch vapes, but they sure don't seem discrete, if that's what you need...

This thread reminds me of going to Madison Square Garden a few years before covid. Very tight security, I went through with a Grasshopper beside my glasses in a flip top glasses case. Security opened, looked, handed it right back to me. Hidden in plain sight.

Mndeadhead

I prefer the lobo with the stock mouthpiece. Not sure what state you are in, but where we are 9legal), i don’t even bother to hide it when going in. I just keep it empty. That said, i like the big bowl big heatup time and big battery. Has worked best for me. My buddy always rolls with a pax, and I honestly feel it is one of the best reasons to own one. Ironically enough, I gave him his first pax. This is his 3rd…

Mndeadhead,

maremaresing

So far it's the Pax hands down, especially with the endcaps that keep the mouthpiece clean and smell in. I'd love something like the pax in the pax size and battery that has roffu pods and performance but has the following that the pax has:

-Cleanable *airpath*. You are sucking in a ton of airborne particulates through the vape when out. This is floor dust, mold, cigarette smoke, years old glycol from smoke machines, and god knows what else. Most portables have non cleanable airpaths which is lazy and irresponsible.

-Ability to operate easily without getting the mouthpiece dirty

-Ability to sanitize exterior without damage (ie ISO wipe).

-Cheap and replaceable

Last edited:
maremaresing,
Reactions: hoptimum

Durbandream

This is where I'd leave the flower in the car and opt for a cart... probably a disposable so as not to risk losing a decent battery, too. They even make .3 gm ones so they're relatively cheap...:tup::rockon:
I couldn't do carts after herb vaping for so long. I actually just got back from a trip and my girl snuck some carts with her, after a few rounds on it I opted to just wait the two weeks until I got back home and honestly it wasn't hard at all because the alternative was disgusting.

Durbandream,

BawlmerMerlin

Carts are it, hands down. A PCKT2 vape battery in black just looks to Security like so much tech gear. Use good quality live resin carts & puff away discreetly . . .

BawlmerMerlin,

Madtater

Agree with the carts. A Nice live rosin cart tastes ok as long as they don’t add bullshit to it.

Probably the easiest, most discrete, and cheapest thing to do.

Madtater,
Reactions: LesPlenty

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I couldn't do carts after herb vaping for so long. I actually just got back from a trip and my girl snuck some carts with her, after a few rounds on it I opted to just wait the two weeks until I got back home and honestly it wasn't hard at all because the alternative was disgusting.
"Carts" is a big category with huge differences between, say, distillate, solventless rosin, and others.
I personally avoid all of them except rosin, and I do that at the lower temp range. But like you, I like vaping flower best.

maremaresing

Where are you, or what genre of music do you go to, that has metal detectors or security that cares about vapes? I remember stressing and hiding vapes under my skirts, but eventually realized that if you just hold an electronic vaporizer in your hand during security check they glance at it and don't care.

Even in illegal states they only care about alcohol and weapons, and overt drugs. Ecig popularity bought dry herb vape anonymity to the masses.

Mndeadhead

Where are you, or what genre of music do you go to, that has metal detectors or security that cares about vapes? I remember stressing and hiding vapes under my skirts, but eventually realized that if you just hold an electronic vaporizer in your hand during security check they glance at it and don't care.

Even in illegal states they only care about alcohol and weapons, and overt drugs. Ecig popularity bought dry herb vape anonymity to the masses.
that is what I am experiencing as well, other than the part about hiding it in my skirt! Bottom line, I have taken all kids of different vapes into shows and festivals depending on where it was, and the length. I am talking conspicuous ones like the Mighty, all the way down to the Hopper. Never had one confiscated, and never even been questioned. If the Hopper was still alive, I probably would have said it was my fave concert vape, but then I forgot it is a pain in the ass to load and empty in the dark, and I would need a ton of batteries as well.

Mndeadhead,

BH491

I've built Cheaponics that have a bigger bowl for around 1€ each.
Sounds very cool would you be able to share any specific details about ordering all the parts needed for this?
Im not at all familiar and in a 3rd(4th maybe lol world country)on a small budget.
Would be really cool to have a nice tasting glass, maybe heavy hitting? cheap vape i can maybe even get 2 or 3 of so i dont have to worry about breaking, as i usually stay away from glass because of budget and difficulty to replace..
Maybe AliExpress links or any specifics so maybe dont even need to go to Alibaba
Thanks!
Nn

BH491,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

that is what I am experiencing as well, other than the part about hiding it in my skirt! Bottom line, I have taken all kids of different vapes into shows and festivals depending on where it was, and the length. I am talking conspicuous ones like the Mighty, all the way down to the Hopper. Never had one confiscated, and never even been questioned. If the Hopper was still alive, I probably would have said it was my fave concert vape, but then I forgot it is a pain in the ass to load and empty in the dark, and I would need a ton of batteries as well.

At the major venues in the big city they all have metal detectors and guards, in one indoor place I had haze square in my hoodie pocket that I had to take off and put in bin next to the machine, they felt the pockets that something was there and when I showed them what it was I said it was a battery pack I think although I acted confused lol even outdoor venue like the greek theater had metal detectors with the guards but they didn't care about an oil pen (sometimes they will say something like don't use it inside during the show etc indoor venues) at least as I put it in the bin with my phone loose that time (meanwhile theme park security are jerks though who won't let you take that shit in unfortunately, hate those places lol)

Shit Snacks,

AJS

Calm Consistency
I used to just toss my Grasshopper in my girlfriend's purse when we went through anywhere.
Kept the flower in my shoe preground in a doobtube. Also did the same with the MFLB for years just stuffing it in my shoe.

Roffu is good for me now because it's quick to get hits and doesn't immediately come off as a flower vape. I'm not sure how that would work going through a hard security though, but I have no issues vaping it in public. The stir tool in the unit comes in handy, heats up quickly, on demand, and can crush a bowl fast if needed. Great flavor and packs a punch too when on the go.

I would probably get the cheaper version of it though, the xmax v3 I think?, and use that if I was worried about confiscation.

So many solid cheap vapes now that will get the job done.

Think MFLB is doing factory seconds for cheap too.

Splinter could also work, especially if the pieces are detached. Nothing to really confiscate, especially if the stem is clean and the basket floating around somewhere in your pocket/bag.

bobothevaper

The Pax is such an outdated and underwhelming device for the price but for this specific scenario the Pax would be what I would bring. Big bowl so one load should last long and if not there's still the budkups, battery power enough to get through a few bowls and yeah, it's really small. Regarding smell you could always carry it in an airtight case.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@FlyingLow , seems you have pretty much ruled out torch vapes, oils pens, metal cased battery vapes, leaving, I think wood body portables, crossing fingers that the battery won't trigger a detector.
Oh, and finding a cheap one that you wouldn't mind if it got confiscated.

MFLB?? :lol:

Of any mentioned yet, which come close to fitting the bill for you?
I'm still going with V3 Nano.

vapviking,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Thanks for all the feedback, it is interesting to see what everyone finds of value.

@vapviking seems my requirements/preferences have really slimmed down the options! Perhaps I'll put further consideration into the v3... seems more concert friendly than glass options + a torch.

The long forgotten, antiquated MFLB had some drawbacks but is actually checking lots of my boxes.

Top Bottom