Beer, on its own and combined with Cannabis

GatorJC

What was the question, again?
Beer and mj is a nice combo. I love to kick back with some green and a Left Hand Brewery Milk Stout. It resembles motor oil with a thick foamy head. The taste is pure heaven. Mix it with a nice indica and you've got a recipe for some serious couch lock...

GatorJC,
My first MJ experiences occurred when I'd already been drinking (grey goose no less, so I was probably close to trashed). I got really sick, it's a wonder that I continued to try MJ after that. I can handle the combo much better now, but that's probably due to the fact that on the rare occasion that I do drink, I no longer drink to get drunk.

I definitely second the recommendation for Dogfish Head. Other brands I like include Short's, Bells, New Holland... but I think those are all MI breweries, so hard to find in CA.

My advice would be to find a high quality liquor store with a large, walk-in beer cooler. My preference is IPAs, so I spent a lot of time in college with IPAs experimenting with IPAs that ranged from 5% to over 15% ABV (that's alcohol by volume, not already-been-vaped haha)

OKcomputer,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
Got back today from a few days in Belgium - as I'm sure many of you know they absolutely love their beer over there.
In the UK and US you only really get Hoegaarden and Leffe in the regular stores, can maybe find some rarer imports in speciality places of course.

Tried to have a different brew in every restaurant/bar etc I went into. Faves were Rame Blonde and Delerium Tremens although there were so many great ones you're just spoilt for choice.

With so much quality beer in such a small area Brussels is a bit like the Amsterdam of beer.

wilf789,

dorkus_molorkus

beers & MJ go like cops & donuts IMO.

I have a massive tolerance for both but I can vape & not drink.
however, I am unable to drink & not vape. (I mean I can, but I really, really crave big ol clouds when i drink, so if there is no MJ, it easier for me not to drink)
On a tbreak ATM, so no drinkies for me either. :(

No-one I know is able to keep up with me, they try, & then they crash & burn into a gibbering mess for a bit, vomit & then pass out while spooning my dog. :D

go hard or go home- or at least till I need a lie down

dont get to drink much in the way of boutique or premium beers, way to expensive for an alcoholic australian.

dorkus_molorkus,
Reactions: Snappo

stsae

easts
Hello I have found an old thread close to my question.

Has anyone considered brewing an AVB beer? Or a straight out Cana-Beer?

I have been brewing for years and smoking for alot longer (vaping now exclusively for 5 months) and have always wondered is it possible?

Anyone tried to brew with Green or tried a brew infused?

:lol::lol:

Chezgreendream

First the flavor, then the buZzz settles in....
Everytime I vape MJ is with a beer in my hand. To me, as many others mentioned, they go hand in hand.

This community has introduced me to IPAs. Which has has made me cut down my alcohol intake, which is great, because since they are higher in alcohol, I need less to where I want to get too. Also the rich hoppity flavor goes well with MJ.

As also mentioned here, Lagunitas is my go to IPA, always comes through in the clutch. Imperial to be exact. I like the thicker stouts. Yes, they are bitter and if you dont like Guinness, youre probably not going to like those IPA stouts. I would say for me, I didnt like them at first and it evolved into an aquired taste.

Chezgreendream,
Reactions: Poostuff
Yes, they are bitter and if you dont like Guinness, youre probably not going to like those IPA stouts.

IPA's and stouts are two very different beer styles, however they are both among my favorites along with hefes. I mostly buy microbrews but still really enjoy Murphys stout for a bigger brand. I also still slum it up with miller high life, great lawnmower type beer that I've been getting down on for a long time. A really great brand I'm unsure of availability elsewhere is oasis brewing company, their session IPA is delicious and its only $6/6 pack locally. I'm fortunate to live in a good area for microbrews, now if we could only get mmj!

nondarb,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
strong beers
photo_1_2.jpg

As Bruce Campbell might say, "Hail to the King"... :bowdown:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I was reminded of the last two times I drank heavily & mixed cannabis by this thread.

Work Xmas party 2014 was a hot day & I sank at least 15 schooners of beer over the previous 5 hours before I went outside for a spliff. I had been a good boy & eaten food every time a waiter came around but the spliff was the beginning of the end & I managed another 5 schooners before security noticed how smashed I was becoming & was asked to leave. After getting a cab home I ripped a couple of huge bowls of bud & vomited everywhere. Cannabis was 100% to blame for my predicament as I was doing just fine until I received an offer I could not refuse.

Alternatively I went camping & vaped the entire drive up. We had a dodgy BBQ dinner & cranked up the fire. I also cranked up a 1/5 of rum & drank it all whilst imploring every other person around the fire to hit the Air as I kept the vape circling all night long & was the last man standing. I was rather shaky the next morning & did have one big vomit but that was a case of being hungover not cannabis.

In each instance I had consumed large amounts of alcohol but in the camping one I would have had 3 or 4 times more cannabis consumed.

What I have learned over the years is if you consume cannabis before alcohol & then consume more cannabis you are better than consuming alcohol & then consuming cannabis. A true case of beer then grass you're on your arse, grass then beer you're in the clear

Of course most people tend to nurse a 6 pack & vape up some nice buds & that is a very pleasant combo indeed without going overboard :). I have never been one for fancy beers as there is nothing wrong with traditional Aussie beer especially a couple of cold ones on a nice warm day.

TeeJay1952

Upon my 40th birthday, I was at a fork in the road. For over 20 years I Drank, With my thumb inside the glass to pour more quickly. I grew weary of the constant call for apology notes. "Sorry I said that." and "Sorry I didn't say that." Nothing wrong with the drink, it was me. Now I am my own man. Still stupid but I decide when to reveal my ignorance to the world.

GetLeft

Love beer daily. Especially local microbrews. Most often ipas, but a good pale ale does the trick too. I'm currently addicted to victory's 'headwaters.' But am getting help shaking that addiction from southern tier ipa. Try it you'll like it.

When I came back to the magical bud a few years ago, combusting at that point but only two or three times a week (vaping brought me back up to speed with my teen rate of daily usage), beer was much needed. If I got a little too high for my liking, a nice cold one was a familiar friend that helped me stay grounded and ride it out until I was feeling a little less out there.

Never had problems mixing. A couple of beers is a nightly ritual. At some point either post or prior to the brewbies, I'll have vaped. And enjoyed the whole thing pretty darn much :)

GetLeft,
Reactions: Poostuff

throwawaytre3s

I don't typically drink often. When I do, I usually smoke along with it though. Typically it's Angry Orchard hard cider, or Negra Modelo regular, or especial.The only real liquor I've found I enjoy is rum, I like it straight. There's nothing like sitting back with a spliff, or a bag from my EQ, sipping on a hard cider, and eating a pretzel with honey mustard. That and almonds are my go to drinking foods.

throwawaytre3s,
Reactions: Stevenski

mixchu69

If I drink heavy and then vape or dab, I get the spins. A few beers and vaping is a good equilibrium.

Vaping is the best hangover cure that I found. Do others like to vape after a nasty hangover?

I enjoy good bourbon, I VERY seldom get "drunk" anymore. Nothing too fancy, but I always keep buffalo trace around and usually a "house" type Bourbon like George Dickel or Ezra Brooks. 3-4 fingers neat with a splash of water. Mmmmhmmm

A often looked over fact is that in small doses alcohol is actually beneficial to your health, not condoning drinking but a beer or two after work or daily drink can actually be a good thing, especially for those who are at risk for heart disease. The key is moderation..

ginolicious

I vape and drink almost every night. I enjoy a beer a night. Weekends I will have maybe 6-10 depending on my mood. Vaping weed creates a greater tolerance for beer for me.

ginolicious,
Reactions: nondarb
Top Bottom