Battery vape for insanely low tolerance help

Texus

Seems to me like Airvape is a company that prices their gear high so that you can feel like you get a good deal. There was an interesting discussion of its flavor and usability on the Vapefiend Best of 2022 episode from last week.

Roffu discussed there too.

Dustin McKief

I just find being completely unaware of the temp I’m at and seemingly inconsistent heat up methods I do it’s not working for me at the moment. I used last night heated up and inhaled the heat cycle vapour and it had me wasted where as the previous day with the same method it was perfect. It’s not the device it’s me I know that but I can’t go to medicate and hit what is too much. I am extremely sensitive to thc being a new user so it completely obliterates me if I’m not careful and this makes my issues I use it for worse. I’m essentially using micro doses and even then I neee to hit it put it down before having more , so a temp controlled on demand vape is better for me until I can build a little bit of tolerance so it’s not either pleasantly relaxed or paranoid hell haha

I probably sound stupid to you experienced guys but it’s the only thing that helps me when I get the dose and hit right and it stops me completely self medicating with far worse substances
I agree that it's not simple to achieve consistency with a torch without a lot of practice. Since you mentioned being on a budget, I thought I'd mention that and the long inhales since you're looking at convection.

And you don't sound stupid at all to me. I'm not a med user, but I also prefer a very low dose. So far in my experimentations, I still find it easier to get that kind of dose with edibles or a hash oil pen vs. vaporizers but I'm still working on it. FYI, there is a dedicated microdose thread that you may find interesting.

Rob90w

I agree that it's not simple to achieve consistency with a torch without a lot of practice. Since you mentioned being on a budget, I thought I'd mention that and the long inhales since you're looking at convection.

And you don't sound stupid at all to me. I'm not a med user, but I also prefer a very low dose. So far in my experimentations, I still find it easier to get that kind of dose with edibles or a hash oil pen vs. vaporizers but I'm still working on it. FYI, there is a dedicated microdose thread that you may find interesting.
Awesome I’ll go take a look

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Do you know much on cfx? They pop up a lot for me on uk sites are these good on demand vapes

CFX is not on demand, it is session conduction...

Iv found a crazy deal on vaporiserhut with the legacy pro for £99 that’s like 70.00 off, is this an on demand device that’s good , I feel like I can’t not get it at that price

Yes aside from that being the wrong model, I wouldn't recommend the ALP for you anyway, it has a much larger bowl...

V3P is a great option even with the standard setup, just take your time with it in the thread to learn how to get the most out of it for you, I think it is a much better beginner's device than any dynavap (I do not care for those much at all myself)

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Agree with the v3 recommendation. Some folks get tripped up coming from vapcaps and combustion to a convection device. As Shit Snacks said, have a look at the last few pages of the thread. My main advice is start at a lowish temp like 365F and do long, slow inhales directly into you lungs. Also feel free to load a very small amount.

Okla68

Rob90W, AIRVAPE LEGACY "PRO"....
Ive got several vapes, from Dynavap(sold), ENano, Ghost MV1, Airvape GO, Airvape X, Airvape Legacy and now the Airvape Legacy Pro !
Im a medical patient(cough), retired, spend 95% of my time at home. I medicate Numerous times a day. BOTH Conduction and Convection, your choice with the ALP...Read about it and there is a large thread regarding it here.
In my book, it is TOP OF THE HEAP for under $200 US. And the Customer Service is also Top Notch. There is even a Airvape Rep who is a FC member !
Again, this is My OPINION as a Cannabis user for 54 years.
Good Luck...Lots of Options out there !

Okla68,

CANtalk

@Rob90w, there are lots of good options out there and no single vape is the best for everyone by any means. I'd add the Davinci IQ2 to your list to check out. It has a 45 second heat up time and is very impressive in its ultraportable size, interface, programming, air path, warranty & design. As a microdoser, I'd recommend using either the capsules or spacers. I've done a lot of convection and imo its overrated in a portable vape. A quick search showed the IQ2 at ~ £165 (may be cheaper sellers too). And there's the cheaper IQC model as well. Good luck with ur search.

:peace: :leaf:

CANtalk,
Reactions: Okla68

Shit Snacks

@Rob90w, there are lots of good options out there and no single vape is the best for everyone by any means. I'd add the Davinci IQ2 to your list to check out. It has a 45 second heat up time and is very impressive in its ultraportable size, interface, programming, air path, warranty & design. As a microdoser, I'd recommend using either the capsules or spacers. I've done a lot of convection and imo its overrated in a portable vape. A quick search showed the IQ2 at ~ £165 (may be cheaper sellers too). And there's the cheaper IQC model as well. Good luck with ur search.

IQ2 is top tier for session conduction, but they were looking for something on demand

Shit Snacks,

CANtalk

IQ2 is top tier for session conduction, but they were looking for something on demand
While on demand works best with convection to minimize the thermal degradation of cannabinoids, the IQ2 (and other conduction as well as hybrid heater vapes) can still be used nicely on-demand. The suggestion of the Dynavap with an induction heater is similar (though the IQ2 has significantly better temperature control). Fwiw, anyone who enjoys a Dynavap vape should similarly enjoy other hybrid & conduction vapes. The IQ2 has a 45 second heat up, fast enough for most vapers to use quickly... and to maximize conduction / hybrid heater efficiency & enjoyment in on demand use, simply temp step each time the vape is used on-demand, and extract each temp selection well. More specifically, pack a bowl (small bowl for the OP), select a temp and do a couple of good puffs to extract the bowl well at the selected temperature. Then, when later vaping again on demand at a higher temp, only a small portion of the remaining cannabinoids will degrade in the subsequent fast heat up time since the previous lower temp cannabinoids have already been vaporized/ extracted. I also recommend only one or two temp steps, for a Dynavap fan like @Rob90w, or anyone who enjoys full cannabis extractions, something like on demand first @ 320 F, then next time at @ 380 F and a final time at max temp (~ 440F). I only temp step once myself fwiw. Less temp stepping will preserve flavors better in both convection and conduction vaping too. And if someone can't extract a bowl well temp stepping on demand in draw or two, go with a smaller bowl / capsule next time... or don't even worry about it (a little cannabinoid loss from thermal degradation isn't the end of the world). On the other hand, if one wants bigger hits go with a bigger bowl next time.

I temp step & do on-demand vaping with both convection vapes at home as well as with ultraportable hybrid / conduction vapes when out, all of them work great & get the job done well without a massive difference between them (using good quality vaporizers along with the earlier tips on use).

On a related note, regardless of vaping style or type of vape, I always recommend vaping two or three smaller bowls over time instead of a single large bowl. It brings better flavors over the entire vaping experience, spreads the f/x out longer, etc.

Just my 2 cents for the thread & OP, hope it helps, cheers.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

While on demand works best with convection to minimize the thermal degradation of cannabinoids, the IQ2 (and other conduction as well as hybrid heater vapes) can still be used nicely on-demand. The suggestion of the Dynavap with an induction heater is similar (though the IQ2 has significantly better temperature control). Fwiw, anyone who enjoys a Dynavap vape should similarly enjoy other hybrid & conduction vapes. The IQ2 has a 45 second heat up, fast enough for most vapers to use quickly... and to maximize conduction / hybrid heater efficiency & enjoyment in on demand use, simply temp step each time the vape is used on-demand, and extract each temp selection well. More specifically, pack a bowl (small bowl for the OP), select a temp and do a couple of good puffs to extract the bowl well at the selected temperature. Then, when later vaping again on demand at a higher temp, only a small portion of the remaining cannabinoids will degrade in the subsequent fast heat up time since the previous lower temp cannabinoids have already been vaporized/ extracted. I also recommend only one or two temp steps, for a Dynavap fan like @Rob90w, or anyone who enjoys full cannabis extractions, something like on demand first @ 320 F, then next time at @ 380 F and a final time at max temp (~ 440F). I only temp step once myself fwiw. Less temp stepping will preserve flavors better in both convection and conduction vaping too. And if someone can't extract a bowl well temp stepping on demand in draw or two, go with a smaller bowl / capsule next time... or don't even worry about it (a little cannabinoid loss from thermal degradation isn't the end of the world). Or go with a bigger bowl next time if one wants bigger hits.

I temp step & do on-demand vaping using both convection vapes at home as well as ultraportable hybrid / conduction vapes when out, all of them work great & get the job done well... and it's not a super massive difference when using a good quality vaporizer (along with the earlier tips on use).

On a related note, regardless of vaping style or type of vape, I always recommend vaping two or three smaller bowls over time instead of a single large bowl. It brings better flavors over the entire vaping experience, spreads the f/x out longer, etc.

Just my 2 cents for the thread & OP, hope it helps, cheers.

Yeah I think Roffu and V3pro are better options for OP regardless now unless the goal was a larger chamber and more session conduction specifically (and or those extra features or the physical style)

CANtalk

Yeah I think Roffu and V3pro are better options for OP regardless now unless the goal was a larger chamber and more session conduction specifically (and or those extra features or the physical style)
Since we're not aware of all the specific details, aspects & features the OP is interested in, I'll avoid making assumptions and ranking or limiting suggestions here by other members. The OP knows their own wants/priorities best and they're different for everyone, so I like to let the people check out suggested vapes and then rank & decide for themselves which one(s) they find most appealing.

For the OPs benefit, I'll add that a number of quality vapes can be quite flexible as well, be it for microdosing & macrodosing, or on demand & session, etc. And while the IQ2 has a large chamber, it's still a very good microdose vape with a spacer or capsule (as per the OP's wishes).

Every vape has its own advantages and disadvantages, with most everyone ranking & prioritizing these things differently as well. So in looking to help others here, I try to give information and let the buyer decide what they like most or best. Hope it helps, cheers.

Last edited:

Texus

Yeah totally agree that bowl size should be taken into consideration. Low tolerance, less experienced and/or medical users in particular could benefit from having a vape with limited likelihood of "getting you into trouble".

And there are great options that for one reason or another have low likelihood of getting you too high.

Off the top of my head:
  • Tafee Bowle
  • Dynavap
  • Mighty (especially capsules)
  • Vapman
  • V3 Pro
  • Roffu
  • Boundless Tera
  • FW7
  • Thermal Accumulator
  • B2
No. Just kidding on that last one. 🤣🤣🤣

Rob90w

Yeah totally agree that bowl size should be taken into consideration. Low tolerance, less experienced and/or medical users in particular could benefit from having a vape with limited likelihood of "getting you into trouble".

And there are great options that for one reason or another have low likelihood of getting you too high.

Off the top of my head:
  • Tafee Bowle
  • Dynavap
  • Mighty (especially capsules)
  • Vapman
  • V3 Pro
  • Roffu
  • Boundless Tera
  • FW7
  • Thermal Accumulator
  • B2
No. Just kidding on that last one. 🤣🤣🤣
I thought things like the mighty / crafty although excellent devices are not a good idea due to being session devices that before I know it would have me climbing the walls haha

Side note I can’t believe how helpful everyone is though, my experience of jointing a forum asking a noobie questions in the past has usually been met with hostility thanks everyone. I really enjoyed the discussion on here yesterday researching suggested items (whilst at work)

Shit Snacks

due to being session devices that before I know it would have me climbing the walls haha

Why do you think you would be climbing the walls? Because you had to complete the bowl in one sitting? That's not necessarily the case... On demand would be more efficient and spaced out, also could be still strong hit for hit with pure convection particularly and these used well, but yeah you have more control I think especially if you want to conserve more, though there may also be more technique involved (since you're new and coming from dynavap I wouldn't think that would bother you though you never know no one thing is for everyone of course) Anyway hope you stick around in the forum here and let us know how it goes!

Rob90w

Why do you think you would be climbing the walls? Because you had to complete the bowl in one sitting? That's not necessarily the case... On demand would be more efficient and spaced out, also could be still strong hit for hit with pure convection particularly and these used well, but yeah you have more control I think especially if you want to conserve more, though there may also be more technique involved (since you're new and coming from dynavap I wouldn't think that would bother you though you never know no one thing is for everyone of course) Anyway hope you stick around in the forum here and let us know how it goes!
Yeah it already seems better than the Reddit subs iv been on, everyone just said get a heater for the dynavap and stop complaining about temp settings haha

Rob90w

Don’t suppose any one knows if mighty and crafty dose caps fit a v3 ok? They are significantly cheaper than the own brand v3 ones

Rob90w

S&B dosing caps were originally marketed as single-use, they are made from aluminium and sold in packs of up to 400 compared to the V3Pro/Roffu capsules (they are the same) which is stainless steel and are made to last.:tup:
No probs just got the v3s it wasn’t a lot more looking forward to it hopefully it gets here before Xmas with our issues with curriers !

Top Bottom