Battery vape for insanely low tolerance help

Rob90w

Iv just started as a medical patient with 0 experience with thc, I have a dynavap which works well I just have 2 hits and I’m done. I really want a battery vape with adjustable temp so I can make use of lower temps with my tolerance being so low.

I know the TM2 is loved every where as an on demand device but it’s too expensive for me at £300.00 I have a budget max or half of that, can any one recommend me a battery vape that will be good In this price ?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hey, Welcome to FC!
Roffu, V3Pro, Fury Edge are all budget oriented and each can get the job done with reasonably good flavor, and do the temp stepping you're looking for.
I currently use (really liking) a Roffu in about equal rotation with a couple of other, more expensive vapes (while my wife is doing similar with a V3Pro). It doesn't sound like you'll be tearing through batteries, but these two have exchangeable 18650's.
The 3 are all convection vapes, and that means you can do a couple of hits and set it down, comeback later to finish. To compare, conduction types will cook what is in the chamber (pretty much) during one session.
Hope you are getting some benefit from your cannabis! And enjoy!

Rob90w

Hey, Welcome to FC!
Roffu, V3Pro, Fury Edge are all budget oriented and each can get the job done with reasonably good flavor, and do the temp stepping you're looking for.
I currently use (really liking) a Roffu in about equal rotation with a couple of other, more expensive vapes (while my wife is doing similar with a V3Pro). It doesn't sound like you'll be tearing through batteries, but these two have exchangeable 18650's.
The 3 are all convection vapes, and that means you can do a couple of hits and set it down, comeback later to finish. To compare, conduction types will cook what is in the chamber (pretty much) during one session.
Thanks for the post

The fury edge I can’t seem to locate in the UK, is there any clones that still have the on demand functionality?

ElMetrico

Hey, Welcome to FC!
These are all 3 very good options.

If you'd like some conduction in the mix, a more full extraction or using very little material, an induction heater for the dynavap would be an option. These allow one to control the temperature a lot more precise, even at very low temperatures. This is what I use mostly for low temp microdose sessions.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Fury Edge is not on demand actually, that one is more of a hybrid and is only session style... V3pro or roffu likely better choices
Yes, I think there is a hybrid thing going on, but this is from the HR website, describing all of their dry herb vapes,

All of our DHE (dry herb extraction) devices are engineered with pure convection heating technology, produce massive vapor, and outperform the most costly competing devices on the market.​

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

If I were in your situation I'd go with the cheapest option* which is the v3 pro by xmax. If this style of vaping turns out to suit you, I'd upgrade the device to either TM or TM2 (or another high end on demand convection portable).

*There are probably cheaper vapes, but I don't consider for example health hazardous devices an option.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yes, I think there is a hybrid thing going on, but this is from the HR website, describing all of their dry herb vapes,

All of our DHE (dry herb extraction) devices are engineered with pure convection heating technology, produce massive vapor, and outperform the most costly competing devices on the market.​

Yeah but that it's just marketing, my main point was that it is a session device, whereas the others are on demand and that seems what OP is looking for

Texus

A good choice, that v3.

Below Mighty/TM2 pricepoint I recommend v3 at around $100. Roffu at $150ish (tho recently was on sale for $110ish). And Angus at $200 (and personally would take Angus over Mighty on general).

V3 and Roffu get bonus points for looking a lot like a nicotine vape. And all 3 get bonus points for swappable batteries.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Think the v3 is the answer it’s significantly less than a heater for the dyna and with controlled temperature ticks my boxes along with on demand
I think a lot of people use something additional to cool the vapor with V3Pro, like a water piece or a jhook, going for strong hits. "Native" use is okay with std mouthpiece, but not as nice (cool) as Roffu out-of -box, imo it's worth a little more $ for that alone. Has a nicer screen, too!

vapviking,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Rob90w

I think a lot of people use something additional to cool the vapor with V3Pro, like a water piece or a jhook, going for strong hits. "Natiive" use is okay with std mouthpiece, but not as nice as Roffu out-of -box, imo it's worth a little more $ for that alone. Has a nicer screen, too!
In the UK I’m struggling to find it for less than 150.

I think with me having really small amounts (2 hits for example) hot vapour shouldn’t be an issue to start with. Fees for medical cannabis here are a joke every spare penny I have has to go into appointments and herb

vapviking

Old & In the Way
In the UK I’m struggling to find it for less than 150.

I think with me having really small amounts (2 hits for example) hot vapour shouldn’t be an issue to start with. Fees for medical cannabis here are a joke every spare penny I have has to go into appointments and herb
I'm a little biased, got one for $99 on BF sale, maybe some sale will come for Christmas?
Hot vapor on throat, for some more than others, can be an issue even on a first hit, for example ex-smokers may not mind at all...

vapviking,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Rob90w

I'm a little biased, got one for $99 on BF sale, maybe some sale will come for Christmas?
Hot vapor on throat, for some more than others, can be an issue even on a first hit, for example ex-smokers may not mind at all...
I would buy the roffu instantly if it came up at that price. It’s like half the price of what I’d pay so I’m not surprised you back that device, it’s a hell of a lot of a vape for less than £100

Dustin McKief

Since you’re new to this and on a budget, you may want to get more familiar with what you have. With a little practice, your existing Dynavap can be used at a lower temperature. For lower tolerance, set your bowl size and/or weigh your dose.

One thing I didn’t know before I got my convection vape is that they require a much longer inhale. For some med users, that won’t work.

Rob90w

Since you’re new to this and on a budget, you may want to get more familiar with what you have. With a little practice, your existing Dynavap can be used at a lower temperature. For lower tolerance, set your bowl size and/or weigh your dose.

One thing I didn’t know before I got my convection vape is that they require a much longer inhale. For some med users, that won’t work.
I just find being completely unaware of the temp I’m at and seemingly inconsistent heat up methods I do it’s not working for me at the moment. I used last night heated up and inhaled the heat cycle vapour and it had me wasted where as the previous day with the same method it was perfect. It’s not the device it’s me I know that but I can’t go to medicate and hit what is too much. I am extremely sensitive to thc being a new user so it completely obliterates me if I’m not careful and this makes my issues I use it for worse. I’m essentially using micro doses and even then I neee to hit it put it down before having more , so a temp controlled on demand vape is better for me until I can build a little bit of tolerance so it’s not either pleasantly relaxed or paranoid hell haha

I probably sound stupid to you experienced guys but it’s the only thing that helps me when I get the dose and hit right and it stops me completely self medicating with far worse substances

Rob90w

Not at all buddy. It is totally understandable that, with your tolerance situation and the medicinal purposes of your use, it is easier to have the control of a slower extracting device with temp control.
Iv found a crazy deal on vaporiserhut with the legacy pro for £99 that’s like 70.00 off, is this an on demand device that’s good , I feel like I can’t not get it at that price

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Iv found a crazy deal on vaporiserhut with the legacy pro for £99 that’s like 70.00 off, is this an on demand device that’s good , I feel like I can’t not get it at that price
Are you sure that's the pro? It looks like it from the pic but it doesn't say so. It says airvape legacy which is an older model of theirs.

The device seems to be quite popular. I haven't tried it myself.

Top Bottom