Battery Free Ganz - The Flare Induction heater

TedJones

Ah, got it. I was focusing on vapes that might work in this IH. I’ve only had the dynas & bricks that you mention above ;) Yea, they’re quick!

Strolling&Rolling

Just became aware of this device, does anyone know where it will be available to buy from?

Is there a definite release date? 😀

Strolling&Rolling,

Cheesgr8r

Im wondering if this will be overkill for a dynavap? I'd like to get an IH that's a sort of jack of all trades in case i'd ever want to get a dani, anvil or what have you. I know YLL makes the 2.0 but that's for dynas mostly if im not mistaken, so do you guys think the Flare could be a good buy for my usecase?

SockPuppetTheatrics

Im wondering if this will be overkill for a dynavap? I'd like to get an IH that's a sort of jack of all trades in case i'd ever want to get a dani, anvil or what have you. I know YLL makes the 2.0 but that's for dynas mostly if im not mistaken, so do you guys think the Flare could be a good buy for my usecase?
Variable wattage would allow you to set it lower for a low-mass TED like a DV

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
BFG's ‘Flare’ Induction Heater

Lot of interesting news coming out about the BFG's Flare and potential release date. The one that caught my attention was that it will be fueled by three 18650 batteries powering up at top end a 120 watt engine. Here's the quote from Phil's March news letter from soothingvapour.ca

"We will have a prototype of the BFG ‘Flare’ induction heater in house this week. Really excited to see this little powerhouse... 0 – 120W of heat supplied from 3 x 18650’s… it’s going to be a game-changer and a fraction of the price of the other high-powered IH’s! No date for the production model but it won’t be too long now."

Also, it appears that the BFG Flare is being developed in partnership with YLL vape. Here's the quote regarding YLL's current production priorities: "they have most of their attention focused on producing the YLL IH 2.0 and BFG Flare atm."

Love my collection of torches but at times taking a few 'quiet' dips in a portable IH is also a nice ritual. Definitely going to be a Game Changer for those who dislike using torch style vapes and a big incentive to experience a variety of some of the best vapor producing portable vapes on the planet.

Buckle up, 2024 is going to be a great year for vape enthusiast! 
:tup:

Photo of Flare prototype:

flare.png
damn now I have to buy 2 induction heaters

BushRanger

Hit It & Quit It
After seeing latest video of Forge, I'm not really sure I get this right, but Forge is meant for Dani which has quite wide head...inserting Tempest which is slimmer, thus head not touching walls of the IH oven, heating will be less effective, consequently tweaks/adapters will be needed for proper fit with smaller vapes?

Last edited:
BushRanger,

TedJones

After seeing latest video of Forge, I'm not really sure I get this right, but Forge is meant for Dani which has quite wide head...inserting Tempest which is slimmer, thus head not touching walls of the IH oven, heating will be less effective, consequently tweaks/adapters will be needed for proper fit with smaller vapes?
Thinking you can hold it center as best you can should work. Looks like it’ll be a better/closer fit than MY botched up diy from long ago (it does work, just not so well). Wondering how dynas will perform.. mine was overkill so that’s why coil is all stretched :p

rebelFarmer

An adapter will probs have to become available for us tempest folks, I still have my original 3d printed skull candy from the wand but ideally a glass adapter could be nice.

Top Bottom