Battery Free Ganz - The Flare Induction heater

oddjobold

Vape swap shop

At last ! An Induction heater designed for the bigger stem vapes.

I sold my wand a while ago when i fell out of love with dynavaps. Relucant to buy again - i have been waiting for something like this. Looks like a bigger YLL IH.

Releasing early 2024.

Jojofernz

I wonder what devices will fit into it! Love my wand for the tempest but I like the look of this

Jojofernz,

TedJones

Thinking most will fit. I’m measuring 15mm on the V3Ti, 14 for the Fusion, and 12 for the Tempest. Might have to give an IH another go although I luv torchin :p. Already have batteries/charger..hmm

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
BFG's ‘Flare’ Induction Heater

Lot of interesting news coming out about the BFG's Flare and potential release date. The one that caught my attention was that it will be fueled by three 18650 batteries powering up at top end a 120 watt engine. Here's the quote from Phil's March news letter from soothingvapour.ca

"We will have a prototype of the BFG ‘Flare’ induction heater in house this week. Really excited to see this little powerhouse... 0 – 120W of heat supplied from 3 x 18650’s… it’s going to be a game-changer and a fraction of the price of the other high-powered IH’s! No date for the production model but it won’t be too long now."

Also, it appears that the BFG Flare is being developed in partnership with YLL vape. Here's the quote regarding YLL's current production priorities: "they have most of their attention focused on producing the YLL IH 2.0 and BFG Flare atm."

Love my collection of torches but at times taking a few 'quiet' dips in a portable IH is also a nice ritual. Definitely going to be a Game Changer for those who dislike using torch style vapes and a big incentive to experience a variety of some of the best vapor producing portable vapes on the planet.

Buckle up, 2024 is going to be a great year for vape enthusiast! 
:tup:

Photo of Flare prototype:

flare.png

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Already a thread for this:

Can an Admin merge?

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
They asked me if i would buy it for 120$. So an Ih with 3x18650 batteries, timer and variable wattage until ~120W which works with (i hope) dani, dyna, tempest and anvil (or a lot of big mass butane vapes) is a win-win to me.

Hyped.
I have to say that I'm really happy about this if it all comes to pass.

About the form factor though... I really like the Wand's format. It gives you some manual control over where you focus the field on an object, with the ability to push it through the coil. I would've liked something similar, and if you want to use an insert then that's fine too but I like having more options.

kokolokokolokon

I have to say i am definitely getting this when it comes out. However heat up times of 30-40 seconds is slightly disappointing. I hope this csn be improved upon.
Well considering the wand needs 2 full cycles to heat the fusion with normal results…i think it is great. It means you can use the armored and the tempest too a little faster. With 3x18650. Oh, and the convector xl. And the new anvil tip.

slick

I have to say i am definitely getting this when it comes out. However heat up times of 30-40 seconds is slightly disappointing. I hope this csn be improved upon.

Agreed. Admittedly I'm spoiled; my most used daily drivers over the last decade have all had a sub 10 second heatup time. I don't expect it to be that fast. I would be thrilled with a 20 second. I would be ok with 30 seconds.

But I understand the limitations of battery power. Unless you want a honkin' power tool like the vestratto forge beta, I guess you have to compromise. Maybe a plug in ih is the ticket for me?

slick,

TedJones

Agreed. Admittedly I'm spoiled; my most used daily drivers over the last decade have all had a sub 10 second heatup time. I don't expect it to be that fast. I would be thrilled with a 20 second. I would be ok with 30 seconds.

But I understand the limitations of battery power. Unless you want a honkin' power tool like the vestratto forge beta, I guess you have to compromise. Maybe a plug in ih is the ticket for me?
Curious about what you’re using that takes 10 seconds or less?

TedJones,

Radwin Bodnic

There's a few options...
Direct butane intake (Bricks and such), small convection vaporizers (lotus), hybrids (Vaponic) and also small conduction vaporizers (vapman, dynavaps)

Edit : in reality, most of them are within 10-20 sec heat up time to deliver consistent vapor.

slick

I've had loads of vapes, mostly portables and a few desktops. But essentially the bulk of my usage can be pared down to 3: Firefly, Grasshopper, and Tinymight. All of them have a super fast heat up, maybe 3 to 5 seconds until "ready" indicator with a few additional seconds to heat soak.

I had a Dynavap with an induction heater, but it went essentially unused because I had a working Grasshopper which imo was a vastly superior experience. But I've always liked the idea and I'm hoping the Fusion paired with the Flare will be everything I'm missing from my life.

Top Bottom