**Ball vape comparison megathread** Compare your balls.

Which ball vape do you prefer?

• Flowerpot B0

Votes: 47 18.9%
  • Flowerpot B1

Votes: 70 28.1%
  • Flowerpot B2

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Old Head freight train

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Pinky

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Qaroma Ceroma \ Quartz

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Qaroma Taroma 2 \ XL

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • DC ELEV8R with Rubies.

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • Cloud connoisseur Halo \ Atlas

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • DDave Extraction Contraption

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Sad how limited the options for conduction hybrids are (at least if you don't want to spent $$$).
Since ball vapes are typically pure convection by design, and you want a hybrid, why wouldn't you just spend the $13 for a heated metal bowl?

Grass Yes,

dudeguy

Since ball vapes are typically pure convection by design, and you want a hybrid, why wouldn't you just spend the $13 for a heated metal bowl?

Like the vulkan bowl? But won't that need an additional coil and/or PID?

dudeguy,

dudeguy

That is true. Although it's the only way to add true conduction ime.

Well if there is an affordable coil/pid combination on Aliexpress (or elsewhere) that fits the Zeal/Vulkan combo this might be an alternative over just getting a T360 for sure.

dudeguy,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Well if there is an affordable coil/pid combination on Aliexpress (or elsewhere) that fits the Zeal/Vulkan combo this might be an alternative over just getting a T360 for sure.
If you like the idea/looks/whatever of the T360, you should definitely go for it. I bet it rips.

I suspect that CC will eventually sell a Vulcan kit with a coil and PID. But today you could probably buy a wired Omega kit, a Vulcan, and another kit. Then sell the extra vape head and probably make money on the deal. 😄

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Not a ball vape, but @RogueGuy's testing coiled quartz vapes that are conduction-heavy. I've been playing with a 14mm version and it's really something else.

AndyO

I suspect I'm likely to end up with a Screwball.

I mentioned that I spent yesterday playing with a mate's Flowerpot. I don't actually know what model it is, but it had an injector head. Anyway, I woke up today with the greatest bongover of my life, while my mate says he doesn't particularly enjoy getting that melted, and he's glad I enjoyed it cos he's considering moving it on.

I'm going to get my own ball vape in the next couple of days - but I think there'll come a point in the next few months that I'm buying my mate's Flowerpot injector. I'm confident he's going to end up selling it, I just don't know when, and I don't want to wait indefinitely. It appears that the Screwball might be a better accompanying piece to the Flowerpot if I'm looking for diversity of experiences. The 90-day guarantee helps too, as does PID modularity, as compared to the T360.

(I've started taking my Mighty+ whenever I see him - I have a Venty, so I'd love to think the Mighty+ will end up forming part of a trade.)

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Yes I also prefer the effects from vapes with more conduction. With my TM1 I just feel something is missing.
My TM2 lives on the self for the same reason, I end up having bowl after bowl, chasing something that never comes.

Sad how limited the options for conduction hybrids are (at least if you don't want to spent $$$). It's pretty much T360 and maybe Screwball but the latter seems to be lacking in the conduction department yet offers more than Zeal or Termal Twist. I hope the micro dose bowl for the Screwball also has the potential to increase conduction.
More mass and a smaller diameter bowl - I have hope :) but that being said, I am finding that I am pretty happy with the Screwball & its existing bowl as long as I heat soak it before adding the herbs - makes a world of difference.

The taste in the Screwball is better than the T360 I assume?
That dependent on your setup; but by default - yes.

I swapped the gems in the T360 to boro instead of rubies (I also tried it with gem cut rubies from the screwball) and with a Titanium bowl and boro instead of rubies, the T360 is full of flavour at first and finishes with a conductive hit roast that's toasty.

The Screwball (without presoaking the bowl) is flavour forward / convection forward / and finished off with a little hit of conductive roast - but to get a really good conductive hit, heat soaking the bowl before adding the herbs makes the Screwball start with a full flavoured bowl and finish with a heavy toasted roast - this is what I am tending to do most of the time when using a PID system.

I'm going to get my own ball vape in the next couple of days - but I think there'll come a point in the next few months that I'm buying my mate's Flowerpot injector. I'm confident he's going to end up selling it, I just don't know when, and I don't want to wait indefinitely. It appears that the Screwball might be a better accompanying piece to the Flowerpot if I'm looking for diversity of experiences. The 90-day guarantee helps too, as does PID modularity, as compared to the T360.
I suspect I'm likely to end up with a Screwball.
What's the deciding factor at the moment if you don't mind me asking? I am curious as the flowerpot injector is probably convection heaving isn't it? Did you get the effects you were looking for off the flowerpot?

Yes I also prefer the effects from vapes with more conduction. With my TM1 I just feel something is missing. Sad how limited the options for conduction hybrids are (at least if you don't want to spent $$$). It's pretty much T360 and maybe Screwball but the latter seems to be lacking in the conduction department yet offers more than Zeal or Termal Twist. I hope the micro dose bowl for the Screwball also has the potential to increase conduction.

The taste in the Screwball is better than the T360 I assume?
i‘m quite new regarding ball vapes, but isn‘t the Tiodw plus more on the conductive side?
I have it since 4/20 and if I have it heat soaked for 20-30 seconds, its a very (very) good experience.
So far I would buy it again, and I wonder if I ever touch my Vapbong, Couchlog or Terpicle again. That being said, they are too beautiful to give away :-). But my desktop usage profile seems to be covered my the Tiodw. Please let this one cure my VAS…

AndyO

What's the deciding factor at the moment if you don't mind me asking? I am curious as the flowerpot injector is probably convection heaving isn't it? Did you get the effects you were looking for off the flowerpot?

At this stage I guess I've seen an opportunity for breadth of experience. If I'm getting my own now, and if I think there's a 90% chance that I'll be able to buy my mates within the next few months? I guess I don't want to be considering Flowerpots (not that they're locally available anyway), nor do I want to be considering injectors.

It's not the first ball vape I've used, and as wrecked as it got me, the earlier discussion about pure convection vs hybrid rings very true to me. Whilst I woke up with a bongover this morning, and I really enjoyed using the Flowerpot injector to get high yesterday, I could tell it was missing something compared to the traditional baller-head style that another mate has - it wasn't that really high temperature couch-lock stone. Totally understand that has a lot to do with the temps we were running at, but the research I've done indicates that convection vs hybrid plays a big role in that.

As I said, there are also some little details such as the PID and the 90-day guarantee that make me quite partial to the Screwball knowing I can return it for the T360 if it doesn't give me what I'm after. And the different media used is really intriguing to me as well.

I did seriously look into the Kettle with the Electropath. I spent much of the last 24 hours thinking "my VAS is serious enough that, if I 'take' to ball vapes I'm going to buy one anyway." But the more I watched Lee's video I thought it just looks like such a messy set up that would need a dedicated space, and I'm not into that.

And one of the things that turned me off the T360 a little bit is how many additional bits and pieces W&W suggest buying. While I was happy with the price of their T360 kit, the suggested add ons make it that much more expensive. Additionally to that, there seem to be more breakable and/or replacement parts on the T360, and we can't take for granted that they'll be readily available to us going forward.

(edit: more info added)

Last edited:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
And one of the things that turned me off the T360 a little bit is how many additional bits and pieces W&W suggest buying. While I was happy with the price of their T360 kit, the suggested add ons make it that much more expensive. Additionally to that, there seem to be more breakable and/or replacement parts on the T360, and we can't take for granted that they'll be readily available to us going forward.
T360 glassware, I broke the glass bowl so many times I gave up on it and bought the titanium bowl, I haven't had to replace anything other than the screens since getting the Titanium bowl but it is another > $100 on top of the kit.

I hear what you saying about the Flowerpot (wick and wire and instavape were stocking them but we don't know in the future like you say), that injector lacking feeling is how I started with the Screwball being honest, its not exactly the same, the small amount of conduction helps ground the experience a bit like the Tempest - but its not what its made for. Until I started heat soaking the bowl before I add the herbs - I was chasing, I was frustrated trying to get the effects and using several grams a day... I've halved that amount by changing to a conduction heavy setup; which for me with the Screwball just means heating heat soaking the bowl before I add the herbs, it doesn't work with the half bowl setting and I haven't been happy with the half bowl.

The T360 is much more conduction heavy, there is more surface area directly in contact with the herbs, the Screwball micro dosing bowl is the same diameter but I'm not sure how the screwballs micro-dosing bowl is going to connect the the housing, I have only seen the 20mm prototypes and the design drawing so I am not sure how much surface area of the bowl is going to be both touching the herbs and the housing and how much conduction you are going to get - it's an unknown.

154525757aebb45980b076b98ccbdcf0.jpg
154525757aebb45980b076b98ccbdcf0.jpg
IMG_0716.jpg

I prefer using the Screwball over the T360 - as long as its heat soaked and I'm filling the bowl with enough herbs to fill it - at least 0.3g in the bowl, otherwise I don't get the effects I am looking for. If I am using less than that amount the T360 is definitely better hit / effects but there is a bit of a harshness about it and the damn bowl gets stuck in the assembly when you lift it up with causes a lot of dropped bowls...

Anyway

AndyO

I've been using Google to try and figure out what my mate's Flowerpot is - can I confirm that the B1 is the only one that has the really open airflow head on it? (it kind of looks like a big screen over the top of the balls)

It also has a "hidden" coil, as opposed to the vast majority of vapes I've looked at where you can see the coil.

I prefer using the Screwball over the T360 - as long as its heat soaked and I'm filling the bowl with enough herbs to fill it - at least 0.3g in the bowl, otherwise I don't get the effects I am looking for. If I am using less than that amount the T360 is definitely better hit / effects but there is a bit of a harshness about it and the damn bowl gets stuck in the assembly when you lift it up with causes a lot of dropped bowls...

The reason I was so desperate to figure out what his Flowerpot is, is cos I read somewhere tonight (possibly on FC somewhere) that the Electropath works with a B1 injector, and I saw from a Lee video the other day that it fits a Screwball pretty well.

If I manage to get my hands on my mates Flowerpot (assuming we can confirm that it's a B1), I could see myself also picking up an Electropath at that time.

AndyO,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
The reason I was so desperate to figure out what his Flowerpot is, is cos I read somewhere tonight (possibly on FC somewhere) that the Electropath works with a B1 injector, and I saw from a Lee video the other day that it fits a Screwball pretty well.

If I manage to get my hands on my mates Flowerpot (assuming we can confirm that it's a B1), I could see myself also picking up an Electropath at that time.
Sounds like it might be the B1 with the injector head (here)

As the T360 vs Screwball conversation has been going on I have been trying to decide why I prefer the Screwball, as someone who routinely comments on wanting more conduction, it wasn't making sense to me that I keep picking the one with less conduction overall... but I realize its all about balance and the Screwball is better balanced with a bit of conduction (from the heater to the bowl to the herbs / or from a presoaked bowl) and some radiant heat from the diffuser / presoaked bowl.

Using the Screwball heater and preheating the (full) bowl before I put the herbs in and I can achieve the effects I look for, but without the added harshness that can come from a more some conduction dominant system / the T360 can be a bit like that.

I still can't - for the life of me - make the half bowl satisfying. The closest I have come is presoaking the bowl at 470f and using the heater at 500f. That was a one hit clear - but it was still lacking something that the full bowl has that I can't quantify.

The only reason I would pick the T360 is if I wanted to decrease the amount of herb I was using as the Screwball is a better experience but eats through my stash because of the bowl size.

Last edited:

AndyO

Sounds like it might be the B1 with the injector head (here)

As the T360 vs Screwball conversation has been going on I have been trying to decide why I prefer the Screwball, as someone who routinely comments on wanting more conduction, it wasn't making sense to me that I keep picking the one with less conduction overall... but I realize its all about balance and the Screwball is better balanced with a bit of conduction (from the heater to the bowl to the herbs / or from a presoaked bowl) and some radiant heat from the diffuser / presoaked bowl.

Using the Screwball heater and preheating the (full) bowl before I put the herbs in and I can achieve the effects I look for, but without the added harshness that can come from a more some conduction dominant system / the T360 can be a bit like that.

I still can't - for the life of me - make the half bowl satisfying. The closest I have come is presoaking the bowl at 470f and using the heater at 500f. That was a one hit clear - but it was still lacking something that the full bowl has that I can't quantify.

The only reason I would pick the T360 is if I wanted to decrease the amount of herb I was using as the Screwball is a better experience but eats through my stash because of the bowl size.

Thanks for that man. I kept researching today... the thing that confused me is the head on the B1 - those on the page that you've linked to there are different to what my mate has.

Apparently they changed the head and my mate has an old version of the B1? (Which doesn't make a lot of sense to either of us considering when he bought it, but maybe he got old stock.)

I've also been doing a lot of thinking about this thread. I think I was ultimately trying to figure out which one unit will give me the best all round bang for buck, so that I can BOCO with ball vapes. (Which is why the possibility of my mate's Flowerpot shook everything up again.)

I think part of the reason I had such trouble enunciating it is that this is a complete denial of what I'm about, it shirks my VAS tendencies. (We'll more politely call this "an appreciation for tailoring my experience using different flower, vapes and accessories.")

The week started with me simply tossing up between a Screwball or a T360.

The week has ended with a strategy to get the Screwball on the weekend, to hopefully buy/trade for my mate's flowerpot injector head within a few months, to then hopefully buying the Electropath, and then maybe getting the Kettle after that.

Despite the outrageous expense, this plan sounds heaps more fun than simply having to toss up between a Screwball or a Taroma 360, and I feel better about this strategy than I've felt all week about "just" getting one or the other!

Last edited:
AndyO,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Apparently they changed the head and my mate has an old version of the B1? (Which doesn't make a lot of sense to either of us considering when he bought it, but maybe he got old stock.)
The aussie stock as it was explained to me usually move very slow, the flowerpot orders wouldn't move for 6 months. I noticed 2 versions changing on the CH website that wasn't reflected in the Australian offerings. The made rush that has happened in the last few months is highly unusual.

The week has ended with a strategy to get the Screwball on the weekend, to hopefully buy/trade for my mate's flowerpot injector head within a few months, to then hopefully buying the Electropath, and then maybe getting the Kettle after that.

Despite the outrageous expense, this plan sounds heaps more fun than simply having to toss up between a Screwball or a Taroma 360, and I feel better about this strategy than I've felt all week about "just" getting one or the other!
Am happy for you mate, that's all that matters

VapingYogi,

AndyO

The aussie stock as it was explained to me usually move very slow, the flowerpot orders wouldn't move for 6 months. I noticed 2 versions changing on the CH website that wasn't reflected in the Australian offerings. The made rush that has happened in the last few months is highly unusual.

Am happy for you mate, that's all that matters

Of course, W&W have now sold out of the Thermal Twist pass through that I need with the Screwball just as I was ready to order...

I'd actually be getting closer to the Kettle + Electropath straight off the bat if they had already worked out 220v options. The more I read, the Electropath in particular seems like really exciting technology.

AndyO,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Of course, W&W have now sold out of the Thermal Twist pass through that I need with the Screwball just as I was ready to order...
*smiles* as a fellow Aussie I understand your pain... if the thermal twist passthrough is the deciding factor, you can take mine - you just have to pay the postage :) I have a thermal twist adapter from the last thing I got from Cal @Vapvana and I would be happy to donate it to you

AndyO

*smiles* as a fellow Aussie I understand your pain... if the thermal twist passthrough is the deciding factor, you can take mine - you just have to pay the postage :) I have a thermal twist adapter from the last thing I got from Cal @Vapvana and I would be happy to donate it to you

Oh, that'd be incredible! Thank you!

I'll let you know tomorrow after I speak to W&W.

These things are in hot demand, you can't even get them from Vapvana at the moment.

AndyO,

AndyO

Well, shit. VAS is real. (We knew that anyway.)

3 days ago I had zero ball vapes. Now? I have 2 ball vapes.

I decided to go with the Screwball, which I went and bought on Friday. Took it to my mates place yesterday, and the bloke who'd always been kind of disappointed with his Flowerpot soon melted into his couch with I guess much more intense rips than he was getting from his injector.

So I left it with him overnight, and he came back to me today and said if I'd pay for another Screwball, he'd give me the Flowerpot. Given I'm almost certain it's a B1 (it has the covered coil), that's a saving of about $250-300 on a barely-used ball vape (if I could even get it in Australia, which I can't.) Sadly we couldn't get PID-less kits to save the money, but it might be for the best.

Because while I don't quite have the supply to truly test them both out simultaneously for a few days, I already can't shake the feeling that I need/want the Electropath, necessitating that second PID...

coolbreeze

Well, shit. VAS is real. (We knew that anyway.)

3 days ago I had zero ball vapes. Now? I have 2 ball vapes.

I decided to go with the Screwball, which I went and bought on Friday. Took it to my mates place yesterday, and the bloke who'd always been kind of disappointed with his Flowerpot soon melted into his couch with I guess much more intense rips than he was getting from his injector.

So I left it with him overnight, and he came back to me today and said if I'd pay for another Screwball, he'd give me the Flowerpot. Given I'm almost certain it's a B1 (it has the covered coil), that's a saving of about $250-300 on a barely-used ball vape (if I could even get it in Australia, which I can't.) Sadly we couldn't get PID-less kits to save the money, but it might be for the best.

Because while I don't quite have the supply to truly test them both out simultaneously for a few days, I already can't shake the feeling that I need/want the Electropath, necessitating that second PID...
I'd check to see that it's a B1 and not a Weedeater. The B1 is a specially mfrd WE hollowed out to fit balls. I can't find a mod for the WE so I'm not sure you can add balls to the WE. The result is that the Weedeater is probably significantly underpowered compared to the Screwball or the B1. This must all be hashed out in the CH thread.

coolbreeze,

Hippie

The B1 and B2 bottoms (3417 and 3408) are compatible with the Weedeater top so you could convert it, if it is a WE

Hippie,

AndyO

I'd check to see that it's a B1 and not a Weedeater. The B1 is a specially mfrd WE hollowed out to fit balls. I can't find a mod for the WE so I'm not sure you can add balls to the WE. The result is that the Weedeater is probably significantly underpowered compared to the Screwball or the B1. This must all be hashed out in the CH thread.

This has been confusing me.

As I understand it, this one is the original weedeater head.

This is the new "B1 nut" being sold through cannabis hardware.

The one that I've picked up is kind of halfway in between. I don't think it's the Weedeater with the Weedeater limitations, but I'm not sure which head mine is, which is a bummer if I ever want to buy the part to make the Flowerpot a traditional baller had.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
This has been confusing me.

As I understand it, this one is the original weedeater head.

This is the new "B1 nut" being sold through cannabis hardware.

The one that I've picked up is kind of halfway in between. I don't think it's the Weedeater with the Weedeater limitations, but I'm not sure which head mine is, which is a bummer if I ever want to buy the part to make the Flowerpot a traditional baller had.
Does it have rubies in it and a mesh screen on top?

Grass Yes,
Reactions: coolbreeze
Top Bottom