**Ball vape comparison megathread** Compare your balls.

Which ball vape do you prefer?

• Flowerpot B0

Votes: 47 18.9%
  • Flowerpot B1

Votes: 70 28.1%
  • Flowerpot B2

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Old Head freight train

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Pinky

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Qaroma Ceroma \ Quartz

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Qaroma Taroma 2 \ XL

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • DC ELEV8R with Rubies.

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • Cloud connoisseur Halo \ Atlas

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • DDave Extraction Contraption

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

coolbreeze

Anyone know of any good 420 sales for ball vapes?
@VGOODIEZ has complete kits from 5-30% off, along with parts for piecing together, all on sale.
For example, 30% off:
20% off:
10%:
5%:

dudeguy

Is the Taroma360 worth the money? Not much info here on FC sadly but people on Reddit make it seem like the best Ball Vape ever and the conduction leaning heating is speaking to me :D

coolbreeze

Is the Taroma360 worth the money? Not much info here on FC sadly but people on Reddit make it seem like the best Ball Vape ever and the conduction leaning heating is speaking to me :D
I don't know much about it but it looks like it would be awesome, especially for hash. Doesn't look as flexible as most ball vapes but if it works like you think it should, it would be a real powerhouse with full effects.

@RogueGuy is testing coils on some of his quartz vapes to add conduction; I think I read he wants to have kits around $100.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
@RogueGuy is testing coils on some of his quartz vapes to add conduction; I think I read he wants to have kits around $100.
I think the TRWW one looks a lot more interesting. The bowl is a better design than the q-shop one, from what I can tell. Sort of kicking myself for not getting in on the beta.

Grass Yes,

coolbreeze

I think the TRWW one looks a lot more interesting. The bowl is a better design than the q-shop one, from what I can tell. Sort of kicking myself for not getting in on the beta.
I couldn't resist, I'm trying a 14. Should be here soon. : )

But now that I'm thinking about it, @dudeguy, check out the CC Zeal or Omega with the Vulcan bowl (the bowl is coiled too for conduction; you can use either a 22mm diffuser or 14mm injector for the vape). I had that hooked up last evening and while I'm still dialing it in, it's a really solid hybrid experience, with a lot of flexibility inherent in the gear.

Hippie

@dudeguy
I think the Tiodw pro would still work out cheaper and has an injector (or diffuser) as well it's so easier to find a stand, and you can use it as an injector too. The Tiodw injector and diffuser ends actually fit the Taromas too so that's also an option lol
The Taroma360 takes about 30 more 3mm balls but I'm not feeling any real difference to be honest
They're both very hard hitters and great for hash but I usually use the Tiodw mini 2 or Taroma lite plus (with a 22mm long coil) for flower

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I have a Taroma 360, I swapped out the gems for something else, but its my second favourite PID based device.

It's a little harsh on the throat in comparison to some of the other devices I have but if you're looking for a good hybrid oven with solid conduction and radiant heat, the Taroma is a star. I usually leave the heater on the titanium bowl at the temperature I want to use and when I am ready I just add the herbs and go. Its one of the better setups for smaller amounts of herb and more than capable of getting that sedative style hit.

I think the Tiodw pro would still work out cheaper and has an injector (or diffuser) as well it's so easier to find a stand, and you can use it as an injector too. The Tiodw injector and diffuser ends actually fit the Taromas too so that's also an option lol
The Taroma360 takes about 30 more 3mm balls but I'm not feeling any real difference to be honest
They're both very hard hitters and great for hash but I usually use the Tiodw mini 2 or Taroma lite plus (with a 22mm long coil) for flower
I have a Tiodw pro 22mm wireless assembly and bowl (which isn't the same thing) but I don't really use it, would rather use the Taroma, depending on how you use it the Taroma 360 is capable of dab like extraction which made it my daily driver for a few months when I first got it.

I have the opportunity of getting one for 315€ but I never had a desktop vape before so I am not sure if I will even like that style of vaping :hmm:
What devices do you use at the moment and what are you looking for in a vape?

I find it interesting that no one seems to rate the Taroma 360 - or any of the QaromaShop stuff... can someone fill me in as to why?.

Last edited:

dudeguy

But now that I'm thinking about it, @dudeguy, check out the CC Zeal or Omega with the Vulcan bowl (the bowl is coiled too for conduction; you can use either a 22mm diffuser or 14mm injector for the vape). I had that hooked up last evening and while I'm still dialing it in, it's a really solid hybrid experience, with a lot of flexibility inherent in the gear.

Wouldn't I need a second PID for that to work? That would be pretty costly combined with custom fees of 50-60€ while I could get the Taroma from France with free shipping. Zeal and Omega do look very tempting too though. Outside 4/20 sales they would have the edge, especially since I prefer diffuser style anyway (which both lite kits seem to offer). I am still not sure if there is a reason for the Omega over the Zeal if you don't care for the injector or wireless option.

I have a Taroma 360, I swapped out the gems for something else, but its my second favourite PID based device.

It's a little harsh on the throat in comparison to some of the other devices I have but if you're looking for a good hybrid oven with solid conduction and radiant heat, the Taroma is a star. I usually leave the heater on the titanium bowl at the temperature I want to use and when I am ready I just add the herbs and go. Its one of the better setups for smaller amounts of herb and more than capable of getting that sedative style hit.

What devices do you use at the moment and what are you looking for in a vape?

I find it interesting that no one seems to rate the Taroma 360 - or any of the QaromaShop stuff... can someone fill me in as to why?.

Right now I mostly use my TM1, Mighty and Lotus. Sometimes my Dynavap. I am pretty content with my convection devices so a conduction hybrid heavy hitter is what I feel is missing in my collection. I am also considering the Anvil Thermocore + Wand instead of a ball vape :hmm:

Yeah it is weird that QuaromaShop devices are not talked more about here. I'd guess it is because most people on FC are from the US and don't want to import vapes from Malaysia (custom fees and all) when there are many domestic competitors.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Right now I mostly use my TM1, Mighty and Lotus. Sometimes my Dynavap. I am pretty content with my convection devices so a conduction hybrid heavy hitter is what I feel is missing in my collection. I am also considering the Anvil Thermocore + Wand instead of a ball vape :hmm:
There are a lot of Anvil fans - I prefer the Thermal Accumulator in the "pen" manual vape category, It has the hit I wished the Anvil had when I got it.

I went from a Freight Train Pro to the Taroma 360 and then to the Screwball. I still have the Taroma 360 on the shelf, I just haven't turned it on lately as I am enjoying presoaking the Screwball bowl and using the Screwball, its almost as conduction heavy when you use it this way. That being said the Taroma (of the PID vapes I have) is still the best at handling small amounts (0.15g in a 15mm bowl) which is why I keep it around.

Hippie

Opps sorry - I got the Tiodw names mixed up
I was talking about the Tiodw Plus (with the 40mm long coil) here

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I got the Tiodw names mixed up
You are not alone there!
I like the Ti bowl b2cvape sells when I want conduction, I just leave the injector on the bowl and wait for the PID to catch up for some huge nightcaps. I am down to just the Tiodw mini that works a treat (I have given my OG Tiodw to a friend to try).

coolbreeze

Wouldn't I need a second PID for that to work? That would be pretty costly combined with custom fees of 50-60€ while I could get the Taroma from France with free shipping. Zeal and Omega do look very tempting too though. Outside 4/20 sales they would have the edge, especially since I prefer diffuser style anyway (which both lite kits seem to offer). I am still not sure if there is a reason for the Omega over the Zeal if you don't care for the injector or wireless option.
Yes, or a double PID. If you would never use the injector nozzles and don't care if it's wired, the Zeal's great, maybe preferable, but the Omega's a fantastic deal/package/ecosystem.
The Anvil is great, really fantastic. The Screwball is also well worth the money and built to add conduction.
Yeah it is weird that QuaromaShop devices are not talked more about here. I'd guess it is because most people on FC are from the US and don't want to import vapes from Malaysia (custom fees and all) when there are many domestic competitors.
Probably this. Thought about it early on but seemed like a hassle given what else was available.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: dudeguy

dudeguy

Thanks for all the helpful replies :). I am leaning a little towards the Anvil now (the TA is cool too but I need some kind of temp indicator) with Taroma360/Zeal closely behind. I'll probably make my decision on 4/20 maybe some other deals will surface by then.

Blargas541

has anyone tried the Cannabis Hardware Zenleaf Moab or Zion with Mercury wireless ball vape? I'm planning on buying soon but it's pretty new there's not that many reviews out yet.

AndyO

I need help!

I don't know a lot about ball vapes, but the reddit cult got to me, as has my VAS, and I need a ball vape to complete the set.

My local vape store seems to have some good, well reviewed options, but I just don't understand the difference between them.

So we're looking at a Triple Threat match: Qaromashop Taroma 360 vs Vapvana Screwball vs Thermal Twist Injector.

What are the differences, and what should I be looking for? I found a comparison that Lee from TTB had did between the Screwball and Thermal Twist... but typically for him, he really liked them both!

If you were going to buy one, which is it?

Could someone kindly explain the pros and cons of each?

coolbreeze

I need help!

I don't know a lot about ball vapes, but the reddit cult got to me, as has my VAS, and I need a ball vape to complete the set.

My local vape store seems to have some good, well reviewed options, but I just don't understand the difference between them.

So we're looking at a Triple Threat match: Qaromashop Taroma 360 vs Vapvana Screwball vs Thermal Twist Injector.

What are the differences, and what should I be looking for? I found a comparison that Lee from TTB had did between the Screwball and Thermal Twist... but typically for him, he really liked them both!

I have only tried the Screwball of those but I can vouch that it's well worth the money. It's a real powerhouse that can go low for flavor sessions and still give you a lungful. It's probably more flexible than the other two: operates well at low or high temps; adjustable from strong convection to conduction-heavy hybrid; has a large bowl with a half-bowl setting. It also can share bowls from many other vapes/makers, etc.

lluther

I need help!

I have the Twist and the Screwball, both are great! I've only had the Screwball for a couple of days but it's my favourite. It extracts faster than the twist and I prefer the format of the Titanium diffuser bowl. That being said, the Twist has a diffuser bowl coming out soon, and it also has an upgrade via the 'Rubies Twist' housing and rubies, turning it into a fully fledged ball vape.

The Screwball half bowl setting works super well for smaller doses, I'm not a heavy user so was surprised that I could get away with the half bowl setting the way that I do, that being said I think the Screwball would be an evening device for my tolerance right now.

I love both products, both from fantastic companies/people. If I had to pick one it would be the Screwball, it's phenomenal and such a wonderful user experience.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Qaromashop Taroma 360 vs Vapvana Screwball vs Thermal Twist Injector.
I have 2 (T360 and Screwball) I haven't tried the Thermal Twist but I am told it is good just requires much higher temperatures and uses more power (that second one is what I was told I haven't tested)

The T360 and Screwball are both sitting on my desk and I swap between them but if the Screwballs new bowls (micro dosing titanium bowl - might be SS I can't remember) is what I hope it is I will probably retire the T360

I need help!

What's your main goal? flavor? effects? Cost?

AndyO

What's your main goal? flavor? effects? Cost?

I guess to put it simply, I'm after the closest thing I can get to the "Anvil of Ball vapes." (or anti ball ball vapes...)

The Anvil completely changed my vaping experience and got me off combustion for good. Whilst it gives some terp flavour, it's not what it does best - it's a face melting one-hit extractor. That's what I'm looking for in the ball vape, is a brain shuddering experience to run through the table top bong that I have on the way. Which is why as I've watched some videos throughout the day, I think I'm leaning towards the Screwball?

Of the 3 that are readily available here in Australia at the moment (through W&W), I'm happy with the price of all of them; if there are any massive differences in the amount of flower they use, that has to be a consideration, cos I'm currently at the maximum amount per fortnight that I can be prescribed. I don't expect the ball vape will ever be something that I'm using throughout the day though - I'm only likely to use it at night, so I imagine the amount of flower over a maximum of 3-4 bowls a night is pretty negligible.

Vehmic

Bogwood Ent
Are there PID
I guess to put it simply, I'm after the closest thing I can get to the "Anvil of Ball vapes." (or anti ball ball vapes...)

The Anvil completely changed my vaping experience and got me off combustion for good. Whilst it gives some terp flavour, it's not what it does best - it's a face melting one-hit extractor. That's what I'm looking for in the ball vape, is a brain shuddering experience to run through the table top bong that I have on the way. Which is why as I've watched some videos throughout the day, I think I'm leaning towards the Screwball?

Of the 3 that are readily available here in Australia at the moment (through W&W), I'm happy with the price of all of them; if there are any massive differences in the amount of flower they use, that has to be a consideration, cos I'm currently at the maximum amount per fortnight that I can be prescribed. I don't expect the ball vape will ever be something that I'm using throughout the day though - I'm only likely to use it at night, so I imagine the amount of flower over a maximum of 3-4 bowls a night is pretty negligible.
I have the couchlog XL and it shelved my Anvil. Bigger hits that are easier on the lungs, no PID to futz with, crazy open air flow, and tasty flavor. The airflow cannot be understated as it let's you use fun recyclers. Biggest drawback is now I desire more fancy glass.

AndyO

I wonder when Ben at Old Mate Designs will release his ball vape as it has been in the 'works' for quite some time.

Speaking of local ideas I also have a VerdaVap pre-ordered, but that seems somewhere between a Stunner/TA and a desktop ball vape.

It'll be super interesting to experiment with coils and the VerdaVap chamber, I don't know that I've seen anyone playing with that yet. (I'm sure they have.)

Balls on balls on balls!

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Speaking of local ideas I also have a VerdaVap pre-ordered, but that seems somewhere between a Stunner/TA and a desktop ball vape.

It'll be super interesting to experiment with coils and the VerdaVap chamber, I don't know that I've seen anyone playing with that yet. (I'm sure they have.)

Balls on balls on balls!
I have the VerdaVap prototype :) I was using my 16mm Freight Train coil to heat if for a while *shrugs* using what I had while waiting for my Big Boy to arrive

I'm surprised you aren't looking at the Tornado?

its funny as soon as I saw "Anvil" I instantly went to the Taroma 360 as being the one I would pick for you. It's the same sort of extraction.

I love my screwball but based on that explanation I still pick the Taroma 360 - but - the Screwball is capable of similar level of extraction with preheating the bowl, but the Taroma and the Anvil were my pair for a while and they sort of taste similar.

The Taroma is also the better of the 3 (imo) for smaller doses - smaller amounts of flower, again the new screwball microdosing bowl I am hoping changes my opinion. The Taroma 360 bowl is 15mm and the housing surrounds the whole things, making small doses hit like I think you are looking for.

I wonder when Ben at Old Mate Designs will release his ball vape as it has been in the 'works' for quite some time.
The little I have heard about it makes it a little different, but its still an unknown really :)

Top Bottom