BAKx - bake all kinds

Dr. G

Old Resident
Anyone ever take their bakx out and about as a portable? I'm curious how durable it is. Mine feels fragile and it's brand new, so I'm babying it at the moment.
Never. I never take out anything with glass. So, for on the go I settle for the S&B products....all glass is enjoyed at home. We actually only have accidently thrown an ALPro in the toilet...and we have never broken any stems, or glass in general....knock on wood! I also never take my Vapman collection anywhere either. So, Mr. Bakx stays home with the other wooden boys with glass. He stands next to his big bro Tetra P80

Also, PS I truly am not smart enough to have either a Bakx or Tetra...I love them. I am officially cool.

Dr. G,
Reactions: yogie

yogie

Never. I never take out anything with glass. So, for on the go I settle for the S&B products....all glass is enjoyed at home. We actually only have accidently thrown an ALPro in the toilet...and we have never broken any stems, or glass in general....knock on wood! I also never take my Vapman collection anywhere either. So, Mr. Bakx stays home with the other wooden boys with glass. He stands next to his big bro Tetra P80

Also, PS I truly am not smart enough to have either a Bakx or Tetra...I love them. I am officially cool.
I agree. Although, might get a FW9 for on the go to replace my crafty+/mighty+.

FrostyGeode

TM2 / BAKx / CC-Omega
Anyone ever take their bakx out and about as a portable? I'm curious how durable it is. Mine feels fragile and it's brand new, so I'm babying it at the moment.
I intend to use my bakx as a portable on occasion, it is more fragile than a Tinymight but neither would survive a drop very well (although my tm was fine after being knocked over with a water pipe it was in). After spending more time with the bakx- it feels as sturdy as it needs to be, I must admit it felt like a delicate piece of art at first.

I guess It’s a question of how careful you can be - plus a decent way to store your equipment before and after use on-the-go is essential. I’m thinking one of those hard plastic cases with foam inside for dab rigs would be great for this, If people keep 1K+ glass in those they should keep a Bakx safe. This doesn’t make it a small bit of kit to carry but fine if you have a bag.

Something to keep in mind is the Bakx isn’t easily replaceable, it’s takes luck and timing to get one and isn’t available all year round. A TM, S&B or other vapes produced at a higher rate can easily be replaced (if you got the $) so are much better ‘travel’ vapes for that reason of course.

Dr. G

Old Resident
I intend to use my bakx as a portable on occasion, it is more fragile than a Tinymight but neither would survive a drop very well (although my tm was fine after being knocked over with a water pipe it was in). After spending more time with the bakx- it feels as sturdy as it needs to be, I must admit it felt like a delicate piece of art at first.

I guess It’s a question of how careful you can be - plus a decent way to store your equipment before and after use on-the-go is essential. I’m thinking one of those hard plastic cases with foam inside for dab rigs would be great for this, If people keep 1K+ glass in those they should keep a Bakx safe. This doesn’t make it a small bit of kit to carry but fine if you have a bag.

Something to keep in mind is the Bakx isn’t easily replaceable, it’s takes luck and timing to get one and isn’t available all year round. A TM, S&B or other vapes produced at a higher rate can easily be replaced (if you got the $) so are much better ‘travel’ vapes for that reason of course.
I treat my Bakx as if it was a relic from Raiders of the Lost Ark...my Tetra as well. I do not let ANYONE touch it...they can play with the plastic ones. This is art. Delicate. Refined. Elegant. I never mistreat it. I treat it like a spouse. I also keep them in their own area away from everything....what I went through to get them is enough to keep them away from my kids. My kids are grown up but, they do not give a shit like I do. You know. I cherish these as well as my Vapman collection...

FrostyGeode

TM2 / BAKx / CC-Omega
How are people using the straight banger stem?

You can’t really mount it to a water pipe cause it would be upside down- but hitting it from the stem is hot, maybe a whip?

FrostyGeode,

olysh pops

The bakx arrived a week ago at home (I'm in the EU). It's beautiful, works very well and I'm happy to be able to go up in temperature for hash. The wpa accessory is very practical and stabilizes the bakx on the pipe. Thanks to forum members for info and buying advice, and thanks to Ralph for this little gem.

bakx2.jpg

bakx3.jpg

bakx4.jpg

FrostyGeode

TM2 / BAKx / CC-Omega
Do people experience inconsistency with the Bakx (I assume not) but with some sessions 230 is a great temp and others 230 does absolutely nothing no matter how long I leave it to heat up. I end up putting it higher and higher with not much happening then once it’s at 260 it makes black avb + a few hits that are too hot. It’s almost as if it’s not heating up sometimes.

I’m using the joyetech evic vtc dual, from Ralph and it has Lamart profile installed and is configured to heater.

Any ideas?

FrostyGeode,

Ipe17

The bakx arrived a week ago at home (I'm in the EU). It's beautiful, works very well and I'm happy to be able to go up in temperature for hash. The wpa accessory is very practical and stabilizes the bakx on the pipe. Thanks to forum members for info and buying advice, and thanks to Ralph for this little gem.

bakx2.jpg

bakx3.jpg

bakx4.jpg
how are you vaping the hash? with the included SS mesh or using other method? Thanks

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Do people experience inconsistency with the Bakx (I assume not) but with some sessions 230 is a great temp and others 230 does absolutely nothing no matter how long I leave it to heat up. I end up putting it higher and higher with not much happening then once it’s at 260 it makes black avb + a few hits that are too hot. It’s almost as if it’s not heating up sometimes.

I’m using the joyetech evic vtc dual, from Ralph and it has Lamart profile installed and is configured to heater.

Any ideas?

All the other variables the same? Same bud, prepared the same way, and stem chamber pathways etc? Only reason it should change

Ipe17

I prepare screens with hash and fold the screens onto themselves.
Then I put two grids per basket and slide the basket into the glass tube of the bakx :tup:

RTV-2.jpg
thanks a lot for thye explanation and the picture. Last question: what do you mean by basket?

Ipe17

Any ideas?
Hi,
not saying is the same, but I had a BAKx acting like that. Then one day it stopped working and had to contact Ralph for a replacement. My cold resistance was also swinging a bit. I was using tubo with that one, but got a DNA with the replacement and this combo works way better. But I dont know if it is due to the DNA mod or that the first unit was not working 100% since the beginning.

I would check cold resistance few times to check if it stays same value all the time or if it is doing like mine and changing values

FrostyGeode

TM2 / BAKx / CC-Omega
Hi,
not saying is the same, but I had a BAKx acting like that. Then one day it stopped working and had to contact Ralph for a replacement. My cold resistance was also swinging a bit. I was using tubo with that one, but got a DNA with the replacement and this combo works way better. But I dont know if it is due to the DNA mod or that the first unit was not working 100% since the beginning.

I would check cold resistance few times to check if it stays same value all the time or if it is doing like mine and changing values

Sure thanks for that, how do I check the cold res?

All the other variables the same? Same bud, prepared the same way, and stem chamber pathways etc? Only reason it should change

Good point- I’ve tested a lot keeping things the same and trying new stuff, it’s pretty much the same result of minimal heat until the high temps where it seems a bit too hot. There is the odd good session though which is throwing me off, I keep thinking what’s different there.

The cherry on top is I broke a ball stem removing the screen, was worrying it might happen as I was doing it, wonderful stuff.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Good point- I’ve tested a lot keeping things the same and trying new stuff, it’s pretty much the same result of minimal heat until the high temps where it seems a bit too hot. There is the odd good session though which is throwing me off, I keep thinking what’s different there.

I run mine pretty low temps, but it depends exactly how I'm using it, there is a ritual

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Dr. G

FrostyGeode

TM2 / BAKx / CC-Omega
I run mine pretty low temps, but it depends exactly how I'm using it, there is a ritual
Weird, I’ve always had no vapour at or below 220(c) - not even light flavour hits really.

Mainly referring to flower, I tend to do higher temps with hash but still get issues.

the_hexx

Team Hash

Any ideas?
I am having very similar issues to the ones you’re describing, got it with the evic vtc dual as well.

Asked about this on Lamart’s discord and tried a bunch of stuff, the last thing I was told to try was to screw the unit tightly so that it aligns with the mod ( the way I had it screwed on before was diagonal to the mod but I felt uncomfortable screwing further).

Seem to be getting better results but need to experiment more, will report back. Still the temp and wattage on the mod seem to fluctuate a lot, from cold start I go up to 70 watts and then suddenly plunges to 1 and stays there for a while, then goes up to 20, back to 1 etc. Still haven’t figured out if this is normal.

If you try to screw the unit further pls be careful as I was told it can break!

Last edited:
the_hexx,

Ipe17

Weird, I’ve always had no vapour at or below 220(c) - not even light flavour hits really.

Mainly referring to flower, I tend to do higher temps with hash but still get issues.
have you tried with/without a heat sink to check if it is a issue with the connection to the mod?
I dont go over 180C with herb

Ipe17,

GoldenBud

Numbers mean nothing without a needle thermometer. some people may not like my message, but I tested the BAKx for many hours with and without a needle thermometer, that's the truth.
The BAKx brings good taste around real 200C slow/medium draw (30-40 seconds of soaking is needed) . real good. not like the Tetra at 200C, but still good.
The Tetra brings a pure taste. *but, my opinion about taste could be subjective.

*If you have a Wismec Predator, I can tell you that TCR=185, resistance locked=0.193, probably if you set Temp=210C, it will be around 210C. but idk about the VTC Dual. I think about 0.204, but not sure.

Last edited:
GoldenBud,

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker

Any ideas?
We own two BAKx. One is on the Thelema Solo the other on the Lost Vape with two 16850 Frank was selling too. Both are configured by Frank.

With the BAKx on the Solo, we start at 180 degrees going up to 185. The other BAKx needs 217 degrees to produce vape.

Top Bottom