BAKx - bake all kinds

average_joe

Hello ppl, I used the 🔎 to look for "alternative" and nothing showed up so I hope no one asked this already. Is there any place to buy alternative stems for the bakx? Thanks.

average_joe

congrats to you as well! I grabbed one of the DNA mods as I have a predator 228 that’s been a bit finicky with the unit I have been borrowing. Curious to see if the DNA fixes me resistance jump issue I’ve experienced occasionally
Same happens to me with the Wismec and Cuboid using my Tetrax, sometimes it just jumps so I have to check before using it, not sure if I have the money to buy a DNA yet, gotta sell my Tetrax first (I have 2). Please come back and let us know how it goes with the DNA.

average_joe,
Reactions: Bababouy

Momor

I managed to snag a BAKx in the drop over the weekend!

Any must-have accessories for someone planning to not run it through water?
I would suggest another glass stem in case you break the included one,a pack of screens and maybe a straight banger or banger pipe if you want to use concentrates ?

axilla101

I would suggest another glass stem in case you break the included one,a pack of screens and maybe a straight banger or banger pipe if you want to use concentrates ?

Thanks! Will definitely pick up some extra stems.

Is there a way to use the straight banger w/o water or an extension cord? I was reading something about it needing to stay upright etc.

axilla101,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
there a way to use the straight banger w/o water or an extension cord? I was reading something about it needing to stay upright etc.

Correct it must be upright otherwise to concentrate will just drip out... The dry stem bangers are your only option if you don't want to use silicon whip connection or water

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Rainerw97

Shit Snacks

I think you could also use the included "14mm & 18mm silicone water pipe adapter tubing" at the end of your straight banger to pair it with a dry hydratube ?

Yes possible with hydro tube or nectar collector dry however silicone still required to connect them

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Momor

axilla101

Nice, love that GVB stem too!

You would load the dab from the top and then seal with a cork (or silicone I think)

I think the load goes in via the tiny hole at the bottom of the banger-- wonder why that hole at the top is there, in that case?

axilla101,

Shit Snacks

I think the load goes in via the tiny hole at the bottom of the banger-- wonder why that hole at the top is there, in that case?

Yeah I remember that too, but every time I look at those holes they seem way too small to do that well... Sticking something in from the top could also be tricky of course... The hole at the top is where the vapor is going to come out of normally, in the u banger you seal it with cork or silicone, they always have an opening in both places, like test tubes

Bababouy

Videos I have seen show people dropping in the load through the top either via pillar or tool then capping with a cork or a marble. Definitely think this will be easier than loading through the little hole.

I also got lucky this weekend and picked one up. Grabbed a u banger, screen pressing kit, extra cap, WPA and the hadron mod. I’ve been told the DNA mods can be better and the p228 with the BAKx I’ve been borrowing has been finicky. I jumped on an orange brick. GVB stem to complement my unit as well. I’d highly recommend adding a WPA adapter before they ship I’ve been enjoying it most that way.

Curious to hear what you think of the banger pipe!

T9R

I was recently recommended to check out the BAKx as I'm constantly looking for the optimal hash vape (not really an end goal, mostly just an excuse for my collecting/hoarding tendencies).

But after reading through this thread I kind of get the impression that it's perhaps a bit too fiddly for someone who's anti-maintenace and also wants/needs to be able to fully trust their vaporizer? The reports of things not always working properly and there being some variance in temperature settings etc makes me feel like it might not be a perfect fit for someone who's looking for very reliable equipment and is a bit OCD about it.

Could you guys please help steer me in the right direction here?

Shit Snacks

I was recently recommended to check out the BAKx as I'm constantly looking for the optimal hash vape (not really an end goal, mostly just an excuse for my collecting/hoarding tendencies).

But after reading through this thread I kind of get the impression that it's perhaps a bit too fiddly for someone who's anti-maintenace and also wants/needs to be able to fully trust their vaporizer? The reports of things not always working properly and there being some variance in temperature settings etc makes me feel like it might not be a perfect fit for someone who's looking for very reliable equipment and is a bit OCD about it.

All I can really say is everything is going to be a compromise so you have to decide what features are important to you for a trade-off as there are a few hash options

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: the_hexx

Shit Snacks

Yeah for sure, I was just hoping to get some clarification based on my worries and expectations.

Yeah I wouldn't worry too much about setting it up, it was easy for me, temp settings might not be the same as what you are used to in another device, so you might need to adapt depending on expectations and configuration... Following the instructions from the manual I had no trouble, it has not been anything to fiddle with for me really at all, but I have not been trying it with hash... Lamart discord is much more active if you can check out the BAK channel there there are a lot of people enjoying hash in theirs there

the_hexx

Team Hash

Still in my honeymoon period, but it could well be the optimal hash vape.

There are drawbacks: it’s fragile, and if you’ve never used a box mod before it will be daunting in the beginning. I dropped it very early on, resulting in a small crack on the heater. Then my mod started acting funny, I had to reinstall the software and try all sorts of stuff that I was unfamiliar with, but it’s all doable if you have some basic computer skills. In the end nothing worked, I sent it back and got a new unit/mod, this one works as intended and it’s a beast, an electric Vaponic on steroids is really accurate!

But I’m the exception as most people don’t seem to have any issues. I say good luck in whatever you decide!

T9R

Yeah I wouldn't worry too much about setting it up, it was easy for me, temp settings might not be the same as what you are used to in another device, so you might need to adapt depending on expectations and configuration... Following the instructions from the manual I had no trouble, it has not been anything to fiddle with for me really at all, but I have not been trying it with hash... Lamart discord is much more active if you can check out the BAK channel there there are a lot of people enjoying hash in theirs there
Appreciate it man, thanks!
an electric Vaponic on steroids
You sure know how to sell it to a hash guy... ;) Damn, that sounds exactly like what I was hoping for! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with it, feels quite reassuring.

Fesob_31

I'd recommend you to get a DNA mod, with a single 21700 battery (or a dual 18650).
You need a PC to setup the mod but it's easier than Tubo_myevic mod.
With DNA mods there is no need for heatsinks at all. Those can be problematic.
Place BAKx on the mod and leave It there, so less stress on the 510 connector.

Fesob_31,
Reactions: T9R

average_joe

Hello community. Any updates on where to get 510 extension cord? Already seen the comments about making your own but I am not sure about it. There are many options online but not sure if the quality is good (happened to me with heat sinks, cheap ones stopped my tetrax from working properly) and the ones sold by Lamart are too expensive for me. I would appreciate if someone knows a reliable source that ships worldwide and if you have the experience of knowing it works that would be sweet. THANKS!

average_joe,
Reactions: the_hexx
Top Bottom