back in the vape market and need help

basil

I had a launch box and liked it a lot but it mysteriously disappeared.

The one drawback for me was that they recommended not using concentrates in it, and their other portable isn't used for herbal.

Is there something that's good for both, that runs on a battery like the MFLB and is as portable and stealthy?

I hope I didn't break any rules with this post. I couldn't figure out how to start a new topic in the "portable vaporizers" page.

Thanks in advance.

bas

basil,

howie105

They make a set of trench inserts for the box that work OK for like around $20. However it is a real battery hog.

howie105,

basil

Thanks, Howie,
Is the battery hogginess due to the need for extra heat to vaporized the concentrate? Are the results satisfactory otherwise?

Thanks again.

basil,

howie105

Hey Basil
In my case it was a a heat/battery life to vapour issue, but the longer I used the box in the concentrate role the battery thing improved a bit.
In the overall performance department it is a bud rig with an after market fix so it not as good as a purpose built device IMO. It also has its own learning curve which is a bit different from that used when the the box is used as a bud burner. In my case 5 to 10 percent of my use is various concentrates so I can live with the limitations, if however if my concentrate use was 95 to 90 percent then I would go with a purpose built device. Good Luck

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I have all portables. I use wax and herb combo in a few of my vaporizers. I do an herb sandwich with the wax in the middle. I do this with the Solo, Ascent and the Indica. Usually it makes minimal mess. The herb absorbs the oil and it gives a very pleasant vapor flavor. It's not harsh as vaping straight wax.

With the Ascent your're suppose to be able to use the oil jar to vaporize oil with but very few have been successful doing that. I do have the Pinnacle pro they also claim to be able to vaporize wax with the oil cans that come with the unit. I haven't heard anyone that's been successful with wax in that vaporizer either.

There's a few newer vapes coming out claiming to be able to vape herb or wax. The vaporizers that are coming out like the $99 vapes claiming to vape wax or oils it's buyer beware. Go with an authorized vendor. You may need to use your warranty.

EDIT
I have used herb wrapped in cotton in the above mentioned vaporizers too.

Last edited:

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
@CarolKing have you used SS wool?

I enjoy the Firewood with herb and oil. It works pretty better than the Solo, Indica, and Ascent for oil as it can reach higher temps and is pure convection.

paytonpenn,
Top Bottom